PDA

View Full Version : Couple points about the photos of Mini camp on the Steeler's web site

vrabinec
07-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Looks like Urbik took some snaps at center:

www.steelers.clubs.nf l.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/2010-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mini-Camp/e304adee-a260-4c2d-94be-47b3320c202b]http://prod.www.steelers.clubs.nf l.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/2010-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mini-Camp/e304adee-a260-4c2d-94be-47b3320c202b (http://www.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/2010-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mini-Camp/e304adee-a260-4c2d-94be-47b3320c202b)

If Pouncey starts out at guard like they're saying he will, then this seems strange, unless of course there's a possibility that either Urbik or Pouncey bets out Hartwig this year. Either way, Legurski's toast. No need for him if we're carrying three guys who are taking snaps at center.

Looks like Pouncey got beat by Ziggy and then the coaches had a talk with him. It's just snapshots, but when you see a defensive lineman with that kind of seperation between him and the o-lineman, it means the o-lineman needs work on sliding his feet. Hope nobody was banking on Pouncey stepping right in and taking over at center or guard from day one.

Kugler, the new o-line coach, shows more animation in those pictures than I saw out of Zirlein in his three years here. I don't know if he'll be a better coach than Zirlein, but I like coaches who demonstrate what they're talking about instead of just telling the player.

Keenen Lewis doesn't look like he got any new muscle, he's a spindly as last year. That's not good for him. He needed a little thickness IMO. He's gonna have to tackle if he wants to beat out McFadden and Burnette.

Dwyer runs too upright. Running that straight up and down is gonna make him useless in short yardage situations.

p.s. In the pics of the off season workouts, Ramon Foster looks like he put on 50 pounds. I wonder if he knows he doesn't have a starting spot sewed up.

Merchant
07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Woodley is on the sideline in one photo.. this must mean he's taken a step back fitness wise and is likely to lose his starting role to Worilds.

vrabinec
07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Woodley is on the sideline in one photo.. this must mean he's taken a step back fitness wise and is likely to lose his starting role to Worilds.

Like I said, I know it's just snapshots. Almost time for the real thing.

DanRooney
07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
forgot to mention how Frank Summers looks like a 14 year old boy with down syndrome.

vrabinec
07-19-2010, 03:45 PM
forgot to mention how Frank Summers looks like a 14 year old boy with down syndrome.

I didn't notice that, but I did notice that Summers runs too high as well. He and Dwyer have the ball tucked in up high, and they give the opponent everything below the pecs as a target. I keep hoping to see a picture of one of them with the shoulders lowered, but I can't find one.

pete74
07-19-2010, 03:51 PM
its still very early and my money is on Pouncey beating out one of the guards and starting

supa_fly_steeler
07-19-2010, 05:15 PM

lmao