PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to camps: In AFC North, Pittsburgh face big void at the start

supa_fly_steeler
07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is suspended for first six games for violating league's personal conduct policy, a disappointing mess for traditional powerhouse in one of NFL's toughest divisions.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-afc-north-20100721,0,6363649.story

scsteeler
07-21-2010, 08:31 AM
The Steelers will by far have a lot to overcome this season. If they can somehow get past everything with Ben missing first 6 games, Woodley not being happy with his contract and a secondary last year that was just plain horrible then maybe this team can make a playoff run.

pete74
07-21-2010, 04:57 PM
i can definatly see the steelers stepping up and winning the division, they seem to always play there best when everyone has counted them out. on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if they got 3rd in the AFC north either

scsteeler
07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
i can definatly see the steelers stepping up and winning the division, they seem to always play there best when everyone has counted them out. on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if they got 3rd in the AFC north either

I don't think we will be 3rd this year. I expect 1st but if we slip early on then second. Everyone has the Raven's being the team but I think they have issues this year on Defense as the offense improves for them.

NJ_Steelers24
07-24-2010, 02:21 PM
i think the steelers will finish 2nd in the division only because of these first six games but theres just something about cincy im not sold on i seriously believe we can take the wildcard and make a serious run in the playoffs

whatdoiknow
07-24-2010, 03:10 PM
First thing, Ben is out 4 games, not 6. And anyone thinking differently is stupid. We are NOT the same secondary as last year for two HUGE reasons. One, the best Safety that this league has seen in the past 50 years..( Yes, Troy in 5 times the player that Ronnie Lott ever was )...is back and healthy. And two, we re-acquired McFadden, who was a starter on TWO Super Bowl teams, and is better equated for our defense than the silly one ran in Arizona. We also got two key figures back in Foote, and Randel El. El played on a horrid Washington team with no offense. But he still averaged over 50 catches the past 3 years. He is a perfect slot WR who if you don't pay attention to, he will kill you. We have Aaron Smith back. Ziggy has a year under his belt now and knows our D, and will shine. Not to mention what I feel is the BIGGEST Steal in the draft in Jonathan Dwyer. His falling halfway past round 2 is ridiculous. Let alone round 6. If given 200 carries this season..( About 12 a game )..he will easily get 1000 Yds rushing for us, while Mendy gets anywhere from 1200 -1400, and Ben even with 12 games will toss for 3600 Yds +. So let the Morons underestimate us...AGAIN! In the end we will be the ones laughing at all of them.

pete74
07-24-2010, 05:02 PM
i think the steelers will finish 2nd in the division only because of these first six games but theres just something about cincy im not sold on i seriously believe we can take the wildcard and make a serious run in the playoffs

our final 3 will be tough as well. we have the ravens, jets and the bengals. everyone seems to forget the bengals had the best cb duo last season and a great defense to go along with them.

chitownpit
07-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I believe if we had Ben for 16 games we definitly wouldnt be having this conversation.
But as things are, cinncy would really have to stumble out of the gates as
well as balt for us to win the division. But crazier things have happened.

I still believe we can win this divistion.Great defense,a power running game with Drywer,
to finish up games. Come on guys if we come out week 5 at 500 were fine.
Cinncy has alot of people on this forum thinking there going 14 and 2. This is not going
to happen folks.I just keep having trouble seeing the bungles being consestent again.
Maybe cause my blood runs black and gold? Whatever the case,we are not out of this
people. Even like earlier said ,a wild card berth sets up us a under dog. And this team
loves being left for dead.

chitownpit
07-24-2010, 07:12 PM
The Steelers will by far have a lot to overcome this season. If they can somehow get past everything with Ben missing first 6 games, Woodley not being happy with his contract and a secondary last year that was just plain horrible then maybe this team can make a playoff run.

WOW! Your killing me!
First off ben is gone 4 games!
Woody is going use this as fuel
for a huge contract!
And we dont even have that same
sick secondary as last year.
Come on buddy turn that frown upsidedown!

pete74
07-24-2010, 07:45 PM
i think woodley is going to have a MVP year knowing he is playing for a huge contract

chitownpit
07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
i think woodley is going to have a MVP year knowing he is playing for a huge contract

Damm skippy!!!:drink:

mikegrimey
07-25-2010, 12:11 AM
The year is definitely shaped up to be a tough one for us.

Some may still not think Cincy is real, and they may have a point with their aerial attack being weak, but their defense has done nothing but get better and better the last 2-3 seasons, and they developed a good groundpound game last year. Plus, they beat us and the Ravens twice---they clearly knew how to show up for divisional games---were gonna have to play with some fire to take it to them.

The Ravens, as always it seems, will be out greatest foe, and I wouldn't have it any other way. As usual their secondary will probably have a couple of question marks, and be the weakness of the team (especially if Ed Reed stays out for a while), but their front 7 is good as any front 7 in the league and they finally got a couple a good receiver not named Mason. If their ground pound game stays the same (there's no reason to believe they can't run the ball when they want to) they'll be a very tough team.

Even Cleveland looks a little improved, although I still see them occupying the basement in our divison. Still, as we saw last year, we have to actually show up with some desire to win. Hopefully the team remembers last decembers humilation and takes it hard to the Browns.

That's how I see it, we could easily split, sweep, or be swept by ravens and bengals, I think at least 2 of those 4 games with them will come down to the wire and we without Ben and Santonio (who usually was good for a big TD against the Ravens) in week 4. Should sweep the Browns, but hopefuly we won't take them as lightly as we did last year.

rick723
07-25-2010, 09:33 AM
our final 3 will be tough as well. we have the ravens, jets and the bengals. everyone seems to forget the bengals had the best cb duo last season and a great defense to go along with them.

Yeah ARIEANS!!! Running the ball would throw those cb's off

Riddle_Of_Steel
07-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Damm skippy!!!:drink:

Nice AV, CHITOWNPIT....

scsteeler
07-25-2010, 08:40 PM

If Cincy signs TO they will self destruct not enough Media Team time for Chad & TO. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

mikegrimey
07-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Marvin Lewis will probably have an annurism if TO goes to Cincy---I know he has to be losing his mind over all the cast-offs they take in over there.