PDA

View Full Version : Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

SteelersGirlTN7
02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Seattle fans ...

For any of you that are still hanging around here, and still whining about the refs-
(to any of you that are not, pay no attention to this LOL)

Did you see YOUR QB on the Pro Bowl ...???

He said they didnt do enough .. and didnt deserve to win.. THE PLAYERS are not blaming it on the refs.

I can't believe I'm posting this a WEEK after the Super Bowl ... I understand that officiating has been bad this year, however the Steelers WON that game by making the better, bigger plays.

Take a step back and look at not only the calls you refer to as being "bad calls" but ALSO the calls that don't support your arguments (ie, the should have been fumble but called incomplete pass, the illegal block in the back on Ben)

The bottom line- its not about the refs giving the game away, its about the Steelers winning the game, and becoming the champions of Superbowl XL WITHOUT an asterisk!

GO STEELERS!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
anyone who is still arguing this issue is not going to give it up....
Look up super bowl XL and you will see that the steelers won 21-10
Big ben youngest qb ever to win the superbowl.
Hines Ward MVP
Willie Parker longest run in super bowl history
And thats about it.
Nothing about the refs......
Thank you......
STEELERS SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPS

Rust-Buster
02-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Man, I hear you guys bringing up the issue more than anybody. Get over winning the superbowl. Geesh.

Brady12
02-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey Seattle fans ...

For any of you that are still hanging around here, and still whining about the refs-
(to any of you that are not, pay no attention to this LOL)

Did you see YOUR QB on the Pro Bowl ...???

He said they didnt do enough .. and didnt deserve to win.. THE PLAYERS are not blaming it on the refs.

I can't believe I'm posting this a WEEK after the Super Bowl ... I understand that officiating has been bad this year, however the Steelers WON that game by making the better, bigger plays.

Take a step back and look at not only the calls you refer to as being "bad calls" but ALSO the calls that don't support your arguments (ie, the should have been fumble but called incomplete pass, the illegal block in the back on Ben)

The bottom line- its not about the refs giving the game away, its about the Steelers winning the game, and becoming the champions of Superbowl XL WITHOUT an asterisk!

GO STEELERS!

Every super Bowl losing QB says that. Maybe not about the refs, but the first part.

VolatileMan
02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Man, I hear you guys bringing up the issue more than anybody. Get over winning the superbowl. Geesh.

Are you kidding me? Get bent, a Superbowl win gives us a YEARS WORHT OF BRAGGING RIGHTS!

VolatileMan

WeNowHave5
02-13-2006, 12:37 PM

yea, sure. Take another look at all the bitching still going on that seems to be making many seahawk fans sleepless in seattle :sofunny:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/forum/boards/viewboard.asp?boardID=3

AustinSeahawk
02-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Hasselbeck and the other Seahawks are doing the right thing by not going off about the officiating, and I'm proud of them for that. We all know that if they say ANYTHING about it, Steeler fans will load up the message boards with complaints of the Seahawks being crybabies. Look at how the Steeler faithful responded to Holmgren's comment.

The fans, however, are not held to the same standard as pro athletes, and obviously don't occupy the media spotlight. So, while I try to not to fill up your boards with complaints about the officiating, it's clearly an issue that will not go away anytime soon with NFL fans.

And by the way, while I do feel the officiating affected the game, I do feel sorry for all the Steelers who are constantly asked about it when making guest appearances. The last thing Hines Ward wants to answer is more questions about the Super Bowl officiating. I saw Steelers at the Pro Bowl being interviewed and asked about the officiating, and whether or not that "took away" anything from their victory. I don't think that's fair for the media to bring that up with them. It's not the Steelers' fault that the referee's made some questionable calls. It's your trophy, the players should be celebrating.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Hasselbeck and the other Seahawks are doing the right thing by not going off about the officiating, and I'm proud of them for that. We all know that if they say ANYTHING about it, Steeler fans will load up the message boards with complaints of the Seahawks being crybabies. Look at how the Steeler faithful responded to Holmgren's comment.

The fans, however, are not held to the same standard as pro athletes, and obviously don't occupy the media spotlight. So, while I try to not to fill up your boards with complaints about the officiating, it's clearly an issue that will not go away anytime soon with NFL fans.

And by the way, while I do feel the officiating affected the game, I do feel sorry for all the Steelers who are constantly asked about it when making guest appearances. The last thing Hines Ward wants to answer is more questions about the Super Bowl officiating. I saw Steelers at the Pro Bowl being interviewed and asked about the officiating, and whether or not that "took away" anything from their victory. I don't think that's fair for the media to bring that up with them. It's not the Steelers' fault that the referee's made some questionable calls. It's your trophy, the players should be celebrating.
I agree about he media, whats a winning player suppose to say? Plus we won out right, so there is no need for our players to talk about it!

43Hitman
02-13-2006, 05:11 PM
ATTENTION!!! I am so sick of this topic is makes me want to puke!

My fellow Steeler fans can we please all agree to drop this.... The results won't change..We don't have to defend ourselves so please stop. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but every day there is a new freaking topic about this..

hardwork
02-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Get used to it. We still hear about the tuck rule and that was 5 years ago.

hardwork
02-14-2006, 01:43 AM

What the Seattle fans can't seem to grasp is that the Seahawks don't have any Hines Ward's on their team. That's why they lost. The officiating, while a dissapointment, had nothing to do with the loss. In fact all the poor officiating did was highlight the lack of big play players on Seattles side of the ball. That's a hard thing for a teams fans to swallow. But, if you're going to understand what it takes to win a SB, you have to swallow that.