PDA

View Full Version : Rank this moment in Steelers history

supa_fly_steeler
07-21-2010, 05:01 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1687/benroethlisbergerdrafte.jpg

pete74
07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
he obviously had trouble but on the field he has been great and has won us 2 super bowls

Dexter
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm a huge Roethlisberger fan but top five in Steeler history? Maybe bottom end top 20 so far. We have a lot of good historical players and we can't forget the SB victories themselves.

supa_fly_steeler
07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
he obviously had trouble but on the field he has been great and has won us 2 super bowls

I put fifth best thing, of course the first four were bradshaw and his rings, but **** did we wait a long time to get our next franchise quarterback.

Riddle_Of_Steel
07-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Why does his jersey have a #1 on it?

CanadianSteelersFan
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Think about the steelers Before Ben - Thats all I got to say about that --

supa_fly_steeler
07-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Why does his jersey have a #1 on it?

Because he was our first round draft picks, most first round draft picks have #1 on the front.

Dexter
07-22-2010, 11:02 AM
but **** did we wait a long time to get our next franchise quarterback.
No kidding. Years languishing under Cowher's experiments in winning a title without one. And hot damn Ben is a blast to watch play isn't he? I don't think he's the smartest QB on the field (I get the impression the man eats his steak with a spoon) but his raw talent and never say die approach make my Sundays.

supa_fly_steeler
07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
No kidding. Years languishing under Cowher's experiments in winning a title without one. And hot damn Ben is a blast to watch play isn't he? I don't think he's the smartest QB on the field (I get the impression the man eats his steak with a spoon) but his raw talent and never say die approach make my Sundays.

Yah, the 1-5 was suppose to rate like stars, rate the moment not scale 1 -5 lol.. oh well next one ill do will explain more.

steelandblood
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I'd put put drafting Ben in the top ten but maybe at number 10. His throw to Holmes in SB XLIII and the Immaculate Redemption are two huge moments that would rank above actually drafting him.

supa_fly_steeler
07-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd put put drafting Ben in the top ten but maybe at number 10. His throw to Holmes in SB XLIII and the Immaculate Redemption are two huge moments that would rank above actually drafting him.

How would that be possible? No Ben no Bowl win.

If you look back at 2004, a lot of us wernt even alive for the 80's and 90's (too young) to remember mark malone and the shitty years. I am more appreciative of the ben roethlisberger pick now than any of the super bowl wins i have watched (2)

I know for sure I would rather have him than Rivers, Manning, Losman, Smith, Rodgers, Russel, Flacco, Ryan, Stafford and Sanchez.

Dexter
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Yah, the 1-5 was suppose to rate like stars, rate the moment not scale 1 -5 lol.. oh well next one ill do will explain more.
Oh... give it one to five stars... i understand now.

FIVE STARS

Dexter
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I know for sure I would rather have him than Rivers, Manning, Losman, Smith, Rodgers, Russel, Flacco, Ryan, Stafford and Sanchez.
I think right now, Manning and Brady are still better quarterbacks. From an age standpoint I wouldn't trade Ben for either though. When you factor in his off field issues I would consider Rogers and/or Rivers over him I guess.

supa_fly_steeler
07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I think right now, Manning and Brady are still better quarterbacks. From an age standpoint I wouldn't trade Ben for either though. When you factor in his off field issues I would consider Rogers and/or Rivers over him I guess.

I did mean Eli, because any of those 3 could of dropped to us that day since Eli didnt want to be a Charger, I still LOL at his face when he held up the Chargers shirt.