PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign Adrian Jones, place Willie Colon on injured reserve

pete74
07-22-2010, 04:34 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed veteran offensive lineman Adrian Jones(notes) and placed offensive tackle Willie Colon(notes) on the reserve/injured list, the team announced.

Jones was signed to a one-year contract.

The 6-foot-4, 330-pounder is a former New York Jets fourth-round draft picki in the 2004 NFL draft.

The former University of Kansas player started 44 games for the Jets before being cut in 2007.

Jones started 10 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2008 at guard.

He was with the Houston Texans last season before being released.

Colon tore his Achilles tendon last month and underwent season-ending surgery

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100722_steelers_sign_adrian_jones_place_willie_c olon_on_injured_reserve

pete74
07-22-2010, 04:35 AM
why we signed a guard instead of a tackel is beyond me, i thought we were pretty stacked at guard

Tone's Toes
07-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Wouldn't put much stock in it. He's just a journeyman and got cut last year by another team. He may well be just a veteran body for camp.

scsteeler
07-22-2010, 07:00 AM
I would think signing a tackle would have been the route to go but I am not coaching the offensive line.

vrabinec
07-22-2010, 07:18 AM
why we signed a guard instead of a tackel is beyond me, i thought we were pretty stacked at guard

Yeah, I'm guessing the plan is to slide Essex and Foster out and have them battle for the RT spot. I remember Jones from when he was at Kansas. I hoped the Steelers would take him with a mid round pick, but he definitely didn;t have the feet to play RT. Of course, I don't really think Essex and Foster have the feet to play RT. We have one true tackle on the roster (Hills is nothing)