PDA

View Full Version : maurkice pouncey status of signing

steelers1
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
iam new here been a steeler fan all my life. from Idaho the spud state. i don't get much steeler news here only espn. the question i have is what is the latest news on maurkice signing? thanks have a nice day.

supa_fly_steeler
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Nobody really knows, the Steelers dont release that stuff, time is dragging on though.

steelers1
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Nobody really knows, the Steelers dont release that stuff, time is dragging on though.

thanks have a nice day

steelerohio
07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I've been tempted to post the same question for a while...

pete74
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
now that a 1st rounder(Bryant) finally signed and training camps about to open they should start all following

Merchant
07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Cowboys got Bryant at a bargain. Hopefully we can do the same with Pouncey.

supa_fly_steeler
07-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Cowboys got Bryant at a bargain. Hopefully we can do the same with Pouncey.

Dunno about that, if we hadn't selected Pouncey he could of gone to Indianapolis @ 31 or even into the second round to us.

pete74
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
i would of loved to grab Pouncey in the 2nd and a CB or S in the 1st but i doubt he would of lasted. if he is anything less then a continue Pro Bowler then i will consider him a bad pick at 18.

whatdoiknow
07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
It's just not him, but Woirlds too. If Pouncey signs first, and takes a great chunk of the remaining amount to sign your rookies, Woirlds might just hold out, Even though the team wouldn't have anymore to offer him. Still have a week or so before Camp. I hope both sign and get in on time.

whatdoiknow
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Well camp has officially started, and still NO Pouncey in sight. He's not even near Latrobe. He's in Florida. I don't get this, all the rest are signed. There is only what is left in the rookie signing pool, so what's the deal ?
Pouncey probably wants to avoid running the enduracy tests. Which are considered the leagues toughest by far. Whatever the reason, this only shows me the kid is not dedicated to being in camp, on time, and wanting to be a hard worker. Just another slothful entitled boy from Da Hood!

If I am wrong, please, PROVE it!

supa_fly_steeler
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Well camp has officially started, and still NO Pouncey in sight. He's not even near Latrobe. He's in Florida. I don't get this, all the rest are signed. There is only what is left in the rookie signing pool, so what's the deal ?
Pouncey probably wants to avoid running the enduracy tests. Which are considered the leagues toughest by far. Whatever the reason, this only shows me the kid is not dedicated to being in camp, on time, and wanting to be a hard worker. Just another slothful entitled boy from Da Hood!

da hood? what the **** is wrong with you, if i had to choose who looked the most gangster from our draft class, it would be emmanuel sanders, but what does he do? communicate with the fans the most so shut the **** up.

who do u want as a player? your little white guy edelman?

WeegiesWarriors
07-30-2010, 02:11 PM

So you wouldn't have that whole opinion of him had he signed 72 hours ago? I don't think so. Sounds like you have deep-rooted issues.

supa_fly_steeler
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
He's signed and on his way.

whatdoiknow
07-30-2010, 02:38 PM
THANK GOD!

Thank you Supa Fly. I'm GLAD to be proven wrong, and will admit it. Glad to see the kid signed. And lets all wish him well.

Happy to be Wrong :-)

supa_fly_steeler
07-30-2010, 02:50 PM
THANK GOD!

Thank you Supa Fly. I'm GLAD to be proven wrong, and will admit it. Glad to see the kid signed. And lets all wish him well.

I don't like it one bit, I would of preferred "Earl Thomas signed five year deal".

whatdoiknow
07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I would have prefered Thomas as well Supa Fly. The bad thing is, as the draft neared, and Earl conducted his private workouts, the word was out on him, and Seattle gobbled him up. Now if he would have still been there for us, and we passed on him then,,,I WOULD HAVE WENT NUTS!!

But as is, as O-Linemen go, I definitely liked Pouncey's abilities over say the likes of Iupati. So in all, I'm okay with it. Who knows,,,maybe Seattle will trade Earl Thomas to us for say a 5th round pick ??? Ya Think :-)

scsteeler
07-30-2010, 03:39 PM
THANK GOD!

Most negotiations especially with rookies are done by the agent and terms are not discussed with player until agent feels it is a fair offer. So you should not be so harsh in always blaming the player.

pete74
07-31-2010, 05:32 AM
The Steelers agreed to terms with C-OG Maurkice Pouncey(notes), their first-round pick, on a five-year contract Friday, the club announced. Pouncey, who starred at Florida, appears to have a better chance at starting at right guard than at center as a rookie.

The 6-3, 304-pound Pouncey won the Rimington Trophy, which is awarded to the top center in Division I-A, in 2009, becoming only the fourth junior to win the award.

In PFW's 2010 Draft Preview, personnel analyst Nolan Nawrocki wrote of Pouncey, "The best center to enter the draft in some time, Pouncey is a powerful, athletic, big-framed mauler who plays to his size and has proven his ability at the highest level of college football."

Pouncey, 21, is the first center the Steelers have selected in Round One since 1937.