PDA

View Full Version : More ranks...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Since several of us, myself included, are quickly moving up the ranks here on SF.. maybe we should redo them, and add some new ones and maybe increase the post count in between the older ones so they last longer.

yes, no, maybe so ? :cool:

Brownskikass
04-02-2005, 09:32 AM
0: Draft Prospect
1-50: Water Boy
50-200: Bench Warmer
200-500: Starter
500-700: All Pro
700-1000: Pro-Bowler
1000-2000: Hall Of Fame
2000+: Legend

Just my take

Steelersfan
04-02-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd rather see team icons with a Steelers theme. Too much is put on ranks by some people and you end up with not so usefull posts. But, just my .02.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Since the last one is currently Head Coach.. unless mike has made up some more that we dont know about.

We could just add on and call like 1001- 1500 could be Team President,.. Then 1501 -2000 could be Team Owner and then 2000-3000 could be HOF and 3000+ could be Legend or something like that.

these are just for fun anyways

ironcitychef
04-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I am for putting a cap on the ranks. Don't keep adjusting them. Do it like the Hall of Fame. Once you're in, you don't keep moving up, your just in. Maybe to satisfy the masses, you could list when they received the ranking to know years(lets hope) of service.

clevestinks
04-03-2005, 09:40 AM
BlitzburghRockCity Since several of us, myself included, are quickly moving up the ranks here on SF.. maybe we should redo them, and add some new ones and maybe increase the post count in between the older ones so they last longer.

I like this idea. Stretch it out so its harder to obtain certain ranks.Way Out. In the end make it so you become a member of the Rooney Clan.

clevestinks
04-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Is it possible to take points away for someone who doesn`t follow the rules. After a warning, take 50 post away or something. ??????? Just an idea.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Jersey would have had ZERO posts if that had been the case :rolleyes:

Or we could just say, once you reach 1000 posts or something, you can make your own Rank? how bout that? :D

ironcitychef
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
I think I am missing something with the whole rank thing. Its not like it gets you anything. Mike, there isn't an executive washroom or something is there once you become assistant coach? So then what does it matter? I like have some structure, but why keep changing the rules? My theory is this...

Say you are a post whore. We will refer to you as PW for the remainder. You see you can become ultimate galaxy leader with 1,000,000 posts. You currently have 6 posts. So you spend two days submitting the following posts: :) , LOL, New England Sucks, etc. Then you see your post count is now 999,990. But several existing members see that you are gaining on them, so they change the post rules to 2,000,000 posts. As a PW you will only continue the habit. So my question is then, just set a limit, stick by it. Hopefully SF will be around for Super Bowl CCX or what not, so by then we will have plenty of head coaches or such, so then what will it matter. To borrow from Dr. Suess, I think we are too concerned with the stars on our belly.

If you want props, they come on there own. BRC and CS are some of the most quoted guys here so if you cant figure out that they know their stuff then you need more help than a few more stars under their name.

:twocents:

SteelersFever
04-04-2005, 08:21 AM
In the beginning I had titles spread apart further. Anyway, here are the changes. I used the ideas posted.

0-49: Draft Prospect
50-149: Water Boy
150-399: Bench Warmer
400-649: Starter
650-999: Team Captain
1000-1499: Assistant Coach
1500-1999: Head Coach
2000-2499: Team President
2500-2999: Team Owner
3000-3999: Living Legend
4000+ Permission to modify your own title

Let me know what you think.

BB2W
04-04-2005, 08:33 AM
I think that is great. This site gets better everyday. For the record, I do not PW and I like the changes. Not everyone is gonna start posting mindless chatter and one liners that are not necessary...........well, I hope not.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
those work for me, and allow alot of room for growth too.

SteelersGirlTN7
04-04-2005, 03:56 PM
In the beginning I had titles spread apart further. Anyway, here are the changes. I used the ideas posted.

50-199: Water Boy
200-449: Bench Warmer
450-699: Starter
700-999: Team Captain
2000-3000 Team President
3000+ Permission to modify your own title.

Let me know what you think.

LOL!! I'll have to come around more often and post, instead of just reading....

By the new rules, I wouldnt even be Water Boy anymore... Ive been demoted!

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I lost a star :o :o

Its all good, I like the changes :D

Brownskikass
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
:cool: SWEET!!! Awesome job!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I lost a star :o :o

Its all good, I like the changes :D

we all lost stars.. but we're still all stars :toofunny:

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
You think Jersey may come back under a different name????

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
unless he uses IE spell check, we'll all know its him :D

Mrs.Clevestinks
04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I like the the rankings

SteelersFever
04-04-2005, 06:35 PM
unless he uses IE spell check, we'll all know its him :D
Oh shit, that was hilarious!!! :toofunny:

Steelersfan
04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm gonna be a damn waterboy forever!

Just realized I'm not even a waterboy now!

SteelersGirlTN7
04-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna be a damn waterboy forever!

Just realized I'm not even a waterboy now!

You and me both Steelersfan! I don't have enough to say to post that many times LOL And I usually just read the posts from others

Draft Prospects Rock!! LOL (At least till we get back to Water Boy)

ironcitychef
04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
I can't understand? Nothing changed. The post values changed but every one was edited, sooooo its pointless. If you are going to have a system then keep changing it, why have the system? Its like minimum wage. In economics it doesn't work in the long run(and remember we are thinking of the bigger picture) cause everything adjusts. You raise minimum wage, but then inflation kicks in and everything starts costing more. So yes you earn more an hour, but can buy less. So now, people can post more, and get less recognition. Just a question, do we not want people to reach the higher levels?

clevestinks
04-05-2005, 07:27 AM
It seems this forum is still pretty new, so with that said you would expect some changes. Know one probably thought people would climb the ranks so fast. I like the new set up. This is a great site, and is ran professionally, keep up the great work.

P.S. I miss jersey. lol

steelersgirl86
04-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Can I have Jersey's stars....I need all the help I can get... :cheers:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
It seems this forum is still pretty new, so with that said you would expect some changes. Know one probably thought people would climb the ranks so fast. I like the new set up. This is a great site, and is ran professionally, keep up the great work.

P.S. I miss jersey. lol

now cleve, do u really miss him!!! :rolleyes: :D

We have alot of members, but only several regular posters, so if there is a time to make changes, it is now before we really start taking off when training camp hits and the preseason, etc.

clevestinks
04-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Miss him ? Yes. reading his threads was like trying to figure out a wordsearch or crossword puzzle.

Brownskikass
04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Miss him ? Yes. reading his threads was like trying to figure out a wordsearch or crossword puzzle.

:toofunny: In his "later days" all he would talk about was smoking??? WTF? Who cares lol

HinesWard4Life8682
04-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Im A Starter :D

HinesWard4Life8682
04-05-2005, 04:56 PM
whatttttttt now im a bench warmer

steelersgirl86
04-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I am only a draft prospect...help :o

BlitzburghRockCity
04-06-2005, 03:23 PM
:toofunny: In his "later days" all he would talk about was smoking??? WTF? Who cares lol

:toofunny: I can give him props for his photoshop abilities and his college draft info.. but other than that.. SPELL CHECK my friend !!!

clevestinks
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Its his bong dude :cool:

ironcitychef
04-06-2005, 11:19 PM
To my fellow SF members, I'm sorry. After taking a day off(finally) I decided to work on this posting thing. I came to the conclusion that you all are closer than I thought. While I still don't agree with changing for change sake, I decided to do a little stat work on the ranks vs. posting. Here is what I found...
We have several regular posters(myself included). I decided to take these 6-10 people into consideration because while not scientific, it is obvious these people check out the site pretty consistantly. You may not need to post, but do you keep coming back and participating? So then out of the ones that keep coming back, the post avg. ranged from our leader(@ .62 per day) up to another member(11.82 per day) which equals 6.6 posts per day. Now what do with this nugget...
Knowing how often one comes to post you can then determine a rank system off of that, In the new system, it seems to be wieghed heavily towards posting everyday. By that I mean that you could put in a season worth of posting only every Sunday(at 6 posts per Sunday) to realize at season end you are just a waterboy. If you post 6.6 times a day here is when you move up in the ranks on the new system:
DP - instant
WB - in 30 days
BW - in 68 days
Starter - in 105 days
TC - in 227 days
Etc.
Now, the only question I will post in response to the ranks(cause I'll keep posting regardless cause ranks border on that tech edge I don't understand) is do we want our members to have to post 6.6 times a day for almost a year to achieve upper levels? I am concerned for two things. One, if you are like me and only post about every other day, then it takes a year and a half. Two, if you need 6.6 a day it doesn't lead to productive posts. I want our members to not feel pressured into posting to join the all stars or what not. Take some time to put thoughts into your posts. As for a year and a hlf, I am concerned that some decent members, like SGTN7 might get upset and bolt. There contributions, while brief, are huge to our sight.
Regardless of outcome, I am ready to fall into ranks. I just thought we needed some facts to our reasoning. I trust you all can adjust ranks to accomodate a fair # of posts/days ratio for our new rank system. And like BRC said, it IS better to figure it out now, than later.

BB2W
04-07-2005, 12:03 AM
I dont know dude........I think you are looking to far into this. Who cares about a ranking anyways, It is a nice touch to the site but I am not obsessed with moving up. I just post to topics that interest me and share my 2cents. If someone wants to talk football they will stay.

LOL, what kinda wuss would get discouraged or "feel pressure into posting". Are you serious? It is just for fun........I mean, when you finally reach head coach staus, you are not really the head coach. You are just some loser sitting in front of your computer posting BS 6.6 times a day.

In my opinion, I like the ranking system the way it is. If you are concerned or feel bad for SGTN7........ build her a cake or somethin.

BB2W
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! My 50th post, lol. I am a waterboy. This is sweet! To all you little draft prospects........It feels great to be a waterboy. I hope you never make it. I hope you feel pressure to post, get discouraged, and crumble under the the weight that is your inferrior ranking. BLAHHHHHHHHHHH..........Team President here I come. jk,sry :D

geran42o
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I dont know dude........I think you are looking to far into this. Who cares about a ranking anyways, It is a nice touch to the site but I am not obsessed with moving up. I just post to topics that interest me and share my 2cents. If someone wants to talk football they will stay.

I agree with this point. I come here everyday but seldom post. I like to read what other people have to say and sometimes put my 2 cents in. I'm not in any hurry to climb the ranks. I like it here... and Cleve recommended it so i figured that it could be all that bad.

SteelersFever
04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I can't understand? Nothing changed. The post values changed but every one was edited, sooooo its pointless. If you are going to have a system then keep changing it, why have the system? Its like minimum wage. In economics it doesn't work in the long run(and remember we are thinking of the bigger picture) cause everything adjusts. You raise minimum wage, but then inflation kicks in and everything starts costing more. So yes you earn more an hour, but can buy less. So now, people can post more, and get less recognition. Just a question, do we not want people to reach the higher levels?

Of course we want people to reach the higher levels! The ranking system is designed to recognize the "top posters" of the forums and give them the credit they deserve. With the old system everyone was on top of the food chain! It's not something that will be changed frequently. The current system will be the foundation for the future. Although titles may change, post values will not. Please refer back to my original post in this thread to see the updated structure.

SteelersGirlTN7
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM

LOL, what kinda wuss would get discouraged or "feel pressure into posting". Are you serious? It is just for fun........I mean, when you finally reach head coach staus, you are not really the head coach. You are just some loser sitting in front of your computer posting BS 6.6 times a day.

In my opinion, I like the ranking system the way it is. If you are concerned or feel bad for SGTN7........ build her a cake or somethin.

LOL!!! Ok, no I don't need a cake. And no, I'm not going to get upset and bolt. I don't go away that easy :-) I personally don't care about the ranks; I mean, it is fun to see yourself go up in the ranks - but it's not something to take so seriously. I really like this site. The majority of my posts will come during the season (which can't come fast enough LOL) however, whether I'm just reading or actually posting, this is one of my favorite sites to come to.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say too. I also like the ranking system now; I was just laughing because I had gotten demoted. It's all good though!

ironcitychef
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Whoa! Slow down. First I said I was sorry about my first reaction to the ranks. I remember before when it changed, in a couple days there was crazy posting(50+ in one day by someone). I viewed that as pressure to post. When you post: hey made that rank...:) ...we'll be at head coach in no time, etc. I think it takes away value from the site. I also don't know who reads the boards. So my thought was wow, these names I haven't seen in awhile came back, got demoted, and were upset enough to post something about it. My bad. Guess not too upset so alls okay there. I also don't care personally for my ranking, but I just posted those numbers so you could gage if you "are just some loser sitting in front of your computer posting BS 6.6 times a day." Then maybe that ranking system is/isn't fair for you. Personally, I think if you post 6 times on Sunday for a whole season, seems you should be higher than waterboy. I don't care what choices people make, just want them to be informed choices cause its about making this site as good as possible. Look at the member list at those people who joined then posted a few times and then what? What was missing? I never said I have all the answers, I'm just willing to talk about them. Geesh...relax.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Dont sweat it chef.. everybody is entitled to their own opinion and ur's counts as much as anybodys on here. You're a regular just like the rest of us. There are some that do enjoy the rankings that come w/ more posts and other couldnt give a damn. Either way, yeah its nice to be recognized, I'll admit to that...but all of us on here now post w/ content and heart and really believe in our Steelers and this site, otherwise we wouldnt be here or we'd just put up a mean old thread and then bolt! :rolleyes:

BB2W
04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
No big deal ironcity. I am sorry if you are offended, it was nothing personal. I notice you did put alot of thought into it, and it is always good to look at other options. I like it the way it is, and I am not gonna PW to get to the top. I hated reading all of jerseySTEEL's BS posts that were nonsense, some were barely a complete sentence. It is not necessary, and we are all a little less inteligent for having read them.

You are a respected poster and we all value the :chef:'s opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
yeah chef, so come to a game this year and cook us up a tailgaters fantasy spread!! :D

SteelersFever
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I understood part of what IronCityChef had to say. With that in mind I rectified the ranking system again for the final time, I hope. I lowered the first 4 post values by 50 and added a new title after 'Team Owner'. Although, it'll still take commitment to reach the higher levels, newbies should be able to pass through the first 3 unwanted titles more quickly.

50-149: Water Boy
150-399: Bench Warmer
400-649: Starter
650-999: Team Captain
2000-2499: Team President
2500-2999: Team Owner
3000-3999: Living Legend
4000+ Permission to modify your own title

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2005, 10:54 AM
so this is set now, right? :toofunny:

ironcitychef
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Until BKA reaches the higher levels then we have to change it just on principle. JK! Thanks for throwing some warm fuzzies to the earlier ranks to keep people interested. If you like it or not, it is nice to post a few times then realize you had moved up. As for tailgating, wish I could, but all my vacation time is spent!

clevestinks
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I`ll be an old man before I can pick my title

clevestinks
04-08-2005, 02:06 PM
How about having some fun, and never letting Pats fan or brownie fan get above waterboy? They can handle it

BB2W
04-08-2005, 03:36 PM
This is a good set-up........I like the Living Legend title.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
How about having some fun, and never letting Pats fan or brownie fan get above waterboy? They can handle it

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Im all for that!!

clevestinks
04-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Team Captain!!!!!!!!! Again!