PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl a snore...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06044/654680.stm

Not your typical high scoring, high flying, trick plays, lots of excitement game to say the least.

but our Steelers made alittle noise..

Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton had three tackles and a sack for the AFC squad. Linebacker Joey Porter and safety Troy Polamalu each had a tackle.

pitt
02-13-2006, 01:32 AM
It was worth watching to see Troy in that commercial!

Brady12
02-13-2006, 01:57 AM
I didn't like the game. I like to see offense, I knew AFC was screwed when we had Steve McNair working the 2 minute drill.... where was Tom Brady when you needed him.. *sigh*

patsdynasty
02-13-2006, 02:29 AM
I didn't like the game. I like to see offense, I knew AFC was screwed when we had Steve McNair working the 2 minute drill.... where was Tom Brady when you needed him.. *sigh*

Tom Brady is probably the best QB in the game. But he always sucks at the Pro Bowl anyway.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 04:57 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06044/654680.stm

Not your typical high scoring, high flying, trick plays, lots of excitement game to say the least.

but our Steelers made alittle noise..
Agree totally, all hype

BlackNGold203
02-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Wow..Cowher must be a pretty good coach...LOL..he's 4-0 in Pro Bowls..he takes a year off..and they lose....

Here's to hoping he takes next year off too...while relaxing after SB XLI

Milkman
02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Probably thee most boring Pro Bowl I have ever seen...

Milkman
02-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh yeah, the Troy commercial was funny as hell! :rofl:

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 09:29 AM
roy williams was kind enough to take a cheap shot at rod smith and almost paralyze him on the 2nd to last play of the game. typical cowboy scum

madward
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
The Troy commercial was good, but it didn't seem right to not have Hines there....and there was no way the AFC was gonna come back with a rusty McNair....

melroseplace
02-13-2006, 09:57 AM
it didn't even keep my interest, I was doing other things while watching/listening to it. that's what they get for not having Hines there :blurp:

JustaFan
02-13-2006, 10:04 AM
The Polamalu part of that commercial was hillarious.

Steve McNair sucked, come to think of it, so the the other two QB's.

Casey Hampton was a Beast.

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 11:51 AM
roy williams was kind enough to take a cheap shot at rod smith and almost paralyze him on the 2nd to last play of the game. typical cowboy scum

Did you hear idiot Paul Maguire after that hit??
"Even though it's the Pro Bowl you can't tell Roy Williams not to play football".

Hey Paul.........since when is an elbow to the back of the head acceptable??

Shanahan looked a little pissed when he walked out onto the field to check out how Smith was doing.

SteelerDan43
02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
The pro bowl is a joke... I'd rather watch arena football, at least they are trying to win while running up a ridiculos score! About Roy Williams, that guy is a complete goon... Karma will come back to bite him in the ass I think...

LeXX75
02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
best part: McNair, who was picked for the Pro Bowl ahead of Big Ben, completing 2-of-8 passes and fumbling the snap twice in a row.

Way to go guys; your man sure proved he was the one who deserved to be there instead of the Super Bowl champion.
Ben turned it down......wanted to go to the grammys instead......thats why we got McNair

24seven
02-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Mcnair did suck.. But Peyton Manning looked like his younger brother out there too.. All the qb's were having a shit day.. As boring as it is though it's always been about the fun and just the enjoyment of knowing you've been picked out of all the guys in the league to go play one last time with a bunch of other cool cats.. We as fans should know by now that this game is laxed and all about having fun.. They try and put on a show for the fans and that's about it.. I mean comon.. they even let the fans call 1 play.. Too bad Mcnair fumbled 2 times in a row though to avoid the play even being ran...

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Didn't watch a play - sounds like NFL.com isn't planning to issue any
"NFC - 2006 Pro Bowl Champs!" T-shirts or caps for sale.

Hard to knock a paid vacation to Hawaii, but someday a career ending injury is going to happen in this game and that mercifully will be the end of it.

TexaSteeler
02-13-2006, 01:08 PM

Exactly what I thought. Ball was long gone by then.

drizze99
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Yea, I fell asleep for most of the 2nd half. What a snore of a game. All of the AFC QB's sucked ass. The Roy hit was uncalled for. That bitch is gonna get his one day.

WeNowHave5
02-13-2006, 01:27 PM
pro bowl has always sucked. Even the NFL doesnt take the pro bowl seriously. How do I know? Cuz they dont even bring the instant replay equipment!

SteelerFanInCA
02-13-2006, 04:37 PM
It was nice not seeing Cowher there for a change.

Mr. Clean
02-13-2006, 06:25 PM
It was nice not seeing Cowher there for a change.

Ain't that the truth!

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Didn't watch a play - sounds like NFL.com isn't planning to issue any
"NFC - 2006 Pro Bowl Champs!" T-shirts or caps for sale.

Hard to knock a paid vacation to Hawaii, but someday a career ending injury is going to happen in this game and that mercifully will be the end of it.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that but this game needs to stop being played.
It's not played in a real game context so why even bother.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
It was worth watching to see Troy in that commercial!

I know right that was hysterical !! :rofl:

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Hopefully it doesn't come down to that but this game needs to stop being played.
It's not played in a real game context so why even bother. personally i think seeing ward catch a bomb from manning is awesom and will never forget marshall faulk breaking o.j.s pro bowl record, but to see cheapshot roy williams take a shot at rod smiths career yesterday is pretty crappy. sure roy was playing for an extra 20,000 (or so he would have you believe) but at the expense of paralyzing someone?????

43Hitman
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Roy Williams is a thug..The ball was long gone and he took cheap shot. This guy has made a living on cheap shots. He'll get his one day. Karma always finds a way.

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Casey showed teams that run the 4-3 that he can play in that defense as well. By running a base 4-3 the whole game, Troy and Peazy were doomed to just play supporting roles, but Joey excels at dropping into coverage now, so he was useful. Troy also forced a fumble. I think if Troy would have been allowed to play centerfield like Lynch was, he'd have had a couple picks.

Sorry, but I also loved seeing Chad Johnson disappear (again) against good competition.

blackngoldbaby
02-13-2006, 08:27 PM
I think they should have picked ben 2 go rather than steve mcnair dont anybody have any scince anymore steve mcnair fumbled like 2 snaps ben is way better he would have done better than any one of those qbs out there. I dont know about anyone else but i was pissed that they didnt pick Ben!!! and HINES WARD should have been there also and DEFINETLY! AND ALSO I LOVED WHEN CASEY HAMPTON FORCED A FUMMBLE IN I THINK THE FOURTH QUARTER! WAY 2 GO CASEY! other than that the pro bowl wasnt much but i did like when michal vick threw that ball way up in the air and larry fittzgerald caught it. Great catch by larry.and I thought that troys cammercial was HILARIOUS!

CantStop85
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but I also loved seeing Chad Johnson disappear (again) against good competition.
Maybe if the AFC QB's were throwing to the AFC wide receivers and not the NFC defenders. The QB's quite frankly sucked. Where were Tom Brady and Carson Palmer when you needed them? I wanted to see a Pro Bowl game, not a pre-season game between the cardinals and the 49ers.

But, did anyone see Chad playing defensive back for the AFC defense? What a stud. lol :blurp: