PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

patsdynasty
02-13-2006, 01:11 AM
At least that's what the fools at ESPN think.

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.

Livinginthe past
02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
I enjoyed that post.

All true of course - they are the bookies favorites aswell about 4 points clear of the rest of the field.

The only thing I can imagine that works in there favor is the fact they are in a relatively weak division.

AFC East and North should be tough next year - Patriots and Phins will be challenging from the East and the Bengals and the Steelers will be very competitive in the North.

NM

4xSBChamps
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
..... if Jaworski had a coherent thought.....

..... it would die of loneliness.
:chair:

drizze99
02-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Very, very true. Nice post dynasty. It's a shame that these guys get tagged with the term "experts". Experts in what is what I say! What are the Colts going to do next year with a next to nothing running game? Edge is gone and Rhodes is no Edge. They are going to be a one dimensional offense and you know that D's will key on the passing game. The Colts will struggle next season.

BlackNGold203
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Indy is in BIG trouble when they lose Edge....

they will become one dimensional...and the Steelers gave everyone the blueprint of how to get in Manning's face...

Steelers...Pats...Bengals (if Palmer comes back)...Dolphins (if they get a decent QB)...Chargers (if Brees comes back healthy)...

LOL..OK...Steelers and Pats...

WeNowHave5
02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Until there is an indication that the Colts have figured out how to consistently beat a 3-4 defense, then I will never consider them a favorite. Last yeaa was there chance and they blew it.

BTW, I have always considered Manning way overated. Put some pressure on him and he mentally collapses

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Indy is in BIG trouble when they lose Edge....

they will become one dimensional...and the Steelers gave everyone the blueprint of how to get in Manning's face...

I think the Colts drop off considerably as well without James on the team and Jacksonville could have a strong chance at winning the AFC South next season.

Maybe if Manning was willing to "redo" his fat contract the Colts would have some extra cash to resign some of their key FA's.

SteelerDan43
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I can fully feel the pain of hearing all the you cant do it again bull that Pat fans had to deal with

drizze99
02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Just putting him in a "big game" and he mentally collapses. He is a CHOKER. Always has been and always will be.

Lyn
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
I think it was on Monday 2/6/06 that I heard that Las Vegas had picked the Colts as #1 to win the Superbowl in 2006 and the Pats as #2 to win it.

LeXX75
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
christ manning........ chokes in a pro-bowl

Brady12
02-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Just putting him in a "big game" and he mentally collapses. He is a CHOKER. Always has been and always will be.

It's not the fact that he chkoes in big games, it's the constant blitzing. Note Pittsburgh this year, New England the last two years. He doesn't have time to make his decisions, and then he goes down, or tosses up crap that is picked off. Yesterday he showed he can throw picks with no pressure, because they weren't allowed to blitz. Thought I saw a little bit of rookie Peyton, when he threw 28 INT that first season.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Steelers will not get any respect for winning super bowl XL because of the officiating.
And if people want to argue that it was a bad game called by the refs. thats fine its their opinion.
But are they forgetting that the steelers won their last 8 or 9 games to win the superbowl.
That they were a number 6 seed in the playoffs, playing every game on the road and not only winning but dominating every playoff game?
There has to be somethin said for that......I figure the power ranking will look somethin like this thought.
1. Colts
2. Seahawks
3. Steeler
4. Patriots
5. Denver

With 3, 4, and 5 possibley being switched up in any order.
And personally, if the colts lose James, they should even be in the top 5, the chargers will then move up. And besides the Seahawks there isnt an NFC team in there......
What would happen if Seahawks lose Alexander???

Lyn
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
the Steelers were #3 to win it in 2006

BigBenFan4ever
02-13-2006, 12:22 PM
New they would be the favorites but I would think our Steelers should be with them now. Why? Well when the vegas odds came out everyone thought Whiz was going to Oakland. Now that he has stayed with the Steelers that has to increase our chances next year.

Plus look at BigBen and what he has done, 5-1 in playoffs. He is only going to get better. I like putting my money on us repeating.

Looking at our home games this year Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Miami. I think we could go undefeated at home. KC and Den are good teams but I like our chances at home.

We need a good draft. Which we should have since we do good every year.

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
If the Colts can't win the AFC championship with all games scheduled at home in the Dome, I don't like their chances outdoors if they have to go to Pittsburgh or New England next season.

I suppose the Colts could win the year after having the best regular season record (as the Steelers did) but, although past performance is no guarantee of future results, the playoff histories of Manning and Tony Dungy make it hard to see why the Colts are the favorites.

On a related note, does anyone know if the Colts planned new stadium is scheduled to be another dome? As currently set up, this team does not appear to be geared to playing in the cold, rain or snow.

TexaSteeler
02-13-2006, 01:13 PM
...and the Steelers gave everyone the blueprint of how to get in Manning's face...

Actually I think the Chargers made the blueprint.

TexaSteeler
02-13-2006, 01:22 PM
The Colts are to the Steelers what the Chargers were to the first dynasty. Just a PITA that we have to beat to win another championship.

WeNowHave5
02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
christ manning........ chokes in a pro-bowl

And supposedly you arent allowed to even blitz in the pro bowl! :sofunny:

WeNowHave5
02-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually I think the Chargers made the blueprint.

With respect to Manning, I believe originally it was the Patriots.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Six is next! Thats all I know

SteelerFanInCA
02-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Very, very true. Nice post dynasty. It's a shame that these guys get tagged with the term "experts". Experts in what is what I say! What are the Colts going to do next year with a next to nothing running game? Edge is gone and Rhodes is no Edge. They are going to be a one dimensional offense and you know that D's will key on the passing game. The Colts will struggle next season.
I totally agree with this. Not to mention the area that Edge doesn't get a lot of credit in is is ability to pass block. Edge was a big factor in setting up some of the pass protection for Manning. Rhodes is no where near that. I believe his pass blocking skills will be missed most.

TexaSteeler
02-13-2006, 04:25 PM
With respect to Manning, I believe originally it was the Patriots.

If you mean how to rattle him, yes. How to get past his protection in '05, no.

patsdynasty
02-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Steelers will not get any respect for winning super bowl XL because of the officiating.
And if people want to argue that it was a bad game called by the refs. thats fine its their opinion.
But are they forgetting that the steelers won their last 8 or 9 games to win the superbowl.
That they were a number 6 seed in the playoffs, playing every game on the road and not only winning but dominating every playoff game?
There has to be somethin said for that......I figure the power ranking will look somethin like this thought.
1. Colts
2. Seahawks
3. Steeler
4. Patriots
5. Denver

With 3, 4, and 5 possibley being switched up in any order.
And personally, if the colts lose James, they should even be in the top 5, the chargers will then move up. And besides the Seahawks there isnt an NFC team in there......
What would happen if Seahawks lose Alexander???

They blew it. The refs made some terrible calls. Had the calls not been made the Seahawks would have had a much better chance to win. In the words of Derrick
Coleman: Whoop-de-damn-doo!

The Steelers still made the plays they had to to win the game. More importantly, the Seahawks did not. Good teams can overcome bad officiating.

Anybody that thinks this win is tainted is an idiot. I was pulling for Pittsburg this year in the playoffs, but I am not a Steelers fan. It just makes me sick to see a team work as hard as the Steelers and accomplish what they accomplished only to have people trying to diminish it a week later. At least wait until preseason.

It's like the 2005 season never happened. I listened to 4 years of "Pats are not a dynasty" talk form these people. The Pats have one bad playoff game and the "Dynasty is over."
How can it be over if it never began (according to them. Idiots.

The Steelers will get respect from the players. But the so called "experts" are clueless. They will pick a favorite before the season starts and what happens on the field really wont have any effect on them.

I've been watching this crap for four years guys. Trust me. It's not you- it's them.

They have always got some excuse to withold respect. It's just jealousy

Stlrs4Life
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
I hear ya, but it's a long ways away yet. I don't think we should be favorites just yet either. I hope we are not considered favorites. Fine by me. We have our own division to worry about yet.

OX1947
02-13-2006, 04:55 PM
^Dynasty is what the Lakers were in the 80's. The Celtics in the 60's, the Steelers in the 70's, the Packers in the 60's. This day and age everyone wants to appoint a team a dynasty after one or two freakin championships. The Pats are not a dynasty. The Cowboys were not a dynasty in the 90's. A true dynasty dominates at least an entire decade winning at least 4 rings. The cowboys were good from 90-95 but then sucked ass from 96-00. The Pats have a good situation now but if they do not win another one this decade, they are not a dynasty. The Lakers had a huge chance of creating a dynasty in the 2000's then Shaq and Kobe decided to be idiots and screwed that up.

I am hoping that Big Ben and Tom Brady become the next Bradshaw/Staubach. Two guys who are clutch, win big games and are young. I personally cant wait for the next 10 years to see how these guys develop against each other. Manning will be Manning but until he wins one, we'll have to wait. Carson is great, we'll see if the Bungals play better D. Either way, I look forward to seeing Big Ben and Tom Brady go at it for the next decade, and hope Ben ends up on top with 3 or 4 rings when its all said and done.....

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 05:31 PM
To earlt to talk about Dynasty here, win another soon, then we will start that thread

Petesburgh66
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
The Colts for the 2006 season will be weaker than last year on offense. Sure sounds like James has played his last game there. Unless, the Colts get another RB to fill the void, they will be 1-D. And that won't win a championship.

SteelersGuru
02-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Colts next year?? Not as long as the refs are still wearing our colors.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Colts again?Will they ever learn?

Colts get in the playoffs by default (weak-ass division) and then lose in the playoffs again.

Steelers or Pats win Super Bowl.

OX1947
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Man, not another year where We have to hear our players pull the "no one expected us to do it" speech.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
The colts are regular season regular season champions who cant do anything in the playoffs.. the chargers and pats would concern me alot more than the colts in the post season.

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
As long as both the Colts and Pats keep doin' what they're doin' (losing in the playoffs) I'm happy...

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Colts will CHOKE as always. We never have failed to repeat at least once.

blackngoldbaby
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
i think the colts r gonna struggle in the 2006 season if they loose edgerin james but its not 4 sure yet if hes gonna leave but if he does then they will become one demintional and they wont be able 2 do much against good d fences right now it does look like he will go but they dont know 4 sure but thats how i see it.

blackngoldbaby
02-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Man, not another year where We have to hear our players pull the "no one expected us to do it" speech.
BUTT ITS ALWAYS GOOD 4 THE STEELERS 2 BE THE UNDERDOGS! I SAY LET THEM THINK THAT THE STEELERS CANT PULL OFF ANOTHER SUPERBOWL DOESNT BOTHER ME AND IT DOESNT BOTHER THE STEELERS! PLUS NONE OF THIS STUFF REALLY MATTERS ANY WAY EVERYONE WILL FIND OUT WHAT ALL THE TEAMS DO THIS SEASON!

patsdynasty
02-14-2006, 02:57 AM
^Dynasty is what the Lakers were in the 80's. The Celtics in the 60's, the Steelers in the 70's, the Packers in the 60's. This day and age everyone wants to appoint a team a dynasty after one or two freakin championships. The Pats are not a dynasty. The Cowboys were not a dynasty in the 90's. A true dynasty dominates at least an entire decade winning at least 4 rings. The cowboys were good from 90-95 but then sucked ass from 96-00. The Pats have a good situation now but if they do not win another one this decade, they are not a dynasty. The Lakers had a huge chance of creating a dynasty in the 2000's then Shaq and Kobe decided to be idiots and screwed that up.

I am hoping that Big Ben and Tom Brady become the next Bradshaw/Staubach. Two guys who are clutch, win big games and are young. I personally cant wait for the next 10 years to see how these guys develop against each other. Manning will be Manning but until he wins one, we'll have to wait. Carson is great, we'll see if the Bungals play better D. Either way, I look forward to seeing Big Ben and Tom Brady go at it for the next decade, and hope Ben ends up on top with 3 or 4 rings when its all said and done.....

There are many trains of thought regarding what constitutes a dynasty. If you want to restrict it to teams like the 60s Celtics that dominated for 10+ years I can understand that. But to turn around and annoint teams like the 80s Lakers and the 70s Steelers dynasties and still mantain the Pats are not, is just plain silly.

The 80s Lakers won one more ring than the Patriots have so far and shared the decade with the Celtics.

Three out of four IS a dynasty in the salary cap era. How many NFL teams have won 3 Superbowls since the advent of Free Agency and the Salary Cap.

In the last nine seasons, The Patriots have won 6 Division titles tied for one, made 7 Playoff appearances, have a 12-4 playoff record and have appeared in 4 Superbowls winning 3. If you don't think that's a dynasty, you are entitled to your opinion. But I think you are dead wrong.

And if you don't think Belichick and Brady will win at least one more before the decade is over you are seriously mistaken

hardwork
02-14-2006, 03:34 AM
"Dynasty is what the Lakers were in the 80's. The Celtics in the 60's,"

I have to mention this. The '85/'86 Celtics team was the best team of that decade. They weren't as good as long perhaps as the Lakers, but that one Celtics team was the best Celtics team of all time. The great tragedy, though, was that the Lakers didn't make the finals that year. When they, the Lakers, were knocked out of the playoffs it took Bird and Walton several days to recover. They had worked all season with one goal in mind. Beat the Lakers in the playoffs. We all got robbed of what might have been the greatest finals in the history of basketball.

SteelerFanInATL
02-14-2006, 08:12 AM
If I,m not mistaken weren't they favored to win the SB this year? If they loose James and maybe one of there WR's they are done. Just goes to show. You can't always go by what the "experts" say. Thats why they play the games.

XxKnightxX
02-15-2006, 09:33 AM

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.

I still remember that Monday night when the Colts beat the Pats after the game how mr expert Ron Jaworski clearly stated on that bottom column, "Colts Will Win Super Bowl" and I laughed my ass off once again. Thats why you never believe what these guys say since half of the time they have no idea of what they are talking about, including woodrow paige and skip bayless.

NJarhead
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
According to those ESPN (so-called) expert analysts wasn't Philly the team to beat in the NFC this past year? Besides the real experts are in Vegas aren't they? (kidding).

Haiku_Dirtt
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
"Let's just say...we had protection problems" Peyton Manning
"Let's just say...we had protection problems" Tony Dungy (sorry Tony...I like you)
"Let's just say...we had protection problems" Bill Polian
"Let's just say...we had protection problems" Rock Hudson
"Let's just say...we had protection problems" Magic Johnson

Oh. Well that's easy to fix. Right? That's probably the easiest thing to fix in the NFL. Right? We'll just go on down to Wal-Mart - no Costco - and get ourselves an offensive line. Or maybe Home Depot sells them.

Was there anything sweeter than witnessing that ego-maniac otherwise known as Manning fold like Jim Everett on 3rd and 4th down? And let's not forget about that safety they DIDN'T call. And Seattle thought they had bad calls in the playoffs....heh!

SteelersNation7
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
OK Here I go again for the millionth...time Peyton Manning will always choke in the biggest game...Indy is going nowhere..PERIOD! Let them clowns keep talking....ALso I believe JAmes is gone and that's really going to hurt that team....Plus they will never epeat the performance of last year.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2006, 11:09 PM
According to those ESPN (so-called) expert analysts wasn't Philly the team to beat in the NFC this past year? Besides the real experts are in Vegas aren't they? (kidding).

yep those real experts had us a 4 point favorites but all the money was on seattle :dang:

Ohio Steeler
05-20-2006, 10:13 PM

You know I mite be wrong on this but dont we here every year that the colts are going to dominate and we have yet to see them do juist that.....

clevestinks
05-21-2006, 07:41 AM
An oldie brought back to life.

Its always sour grapes after the SuperBowl. The article is just hogwash. Colts will once again be a pres season favorite. But when the dust settles everyone will see that they were just pretenders.

SteelerFanInATL
05-21-2006, 08:45 AM
They were the favored last year to win it all?? :dang: If there running game does not step up now that EJ is gone it will be a long season.

3 to be 4
05-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, remember when they were going to go undefeated? my one consolation from the Patriots losing was that the Colts choked again.

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Doesn't matter to me. I prefer the underdog status anyways.

Lyn
05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
They never seem to cut down the Patsie Puffs

steelcity984
05-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I wish that they would have finished the regular season undefeated, so when the steelers beat them, it would have been even more monumental.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Are we still talking about those regular season masterminds who cant do anything in the playoffs? And now 1/3 of their famous Triplett is gone to the cards as well...

Yeah the colts will still be good and they are a great team...but face it, we beat em in the playoffs when it counts, and we are the Super Bowl Champs, and they arent.

Nuff said !! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Are we still talking about those regular season masterminds who cant do anything in the playoffs? And now 1/3 of their famous Triplett is gone to the cards as well...

Yeah the colts will still be good and they are a great team...but face it, we beat em in the playoffs when it counts, and we are the Super Bowl Champs, and they arent.

Nuff said !! :tt02:

Amen and preach on Steelers bro. I love the fact we the champs and I get to remind all these Colts fans around me whats up.

swearangen
05-21-2006, 03:09 PM
The next big game Peton Manning wins will be his first.

Hines86Ward
05-21-2006, 04:04 PM
So, this is the Colts year? This is finally it? After the past 3 or 4, they're gonna win it without Edge??...

With the Jags improving, I think the Colts will have a rough time making the playoffs this season. Edge is gone, and their D is not as good as it looked last season.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-21-2006, 04:21 PM
So, this is the Colts year? This is finally it? After the past 3 or 4, they're gonna win it without Edge??...

With the Jags improving, I think the Colts will have a rough time making the playoffs this season. Edge is gone, and their D is not as good as it looked last season.

Well I think its crazy to say that the Colts are the favorite to win the Super Bowl. I still think they are the favorite to win the AFC South. The Jaqs are a very good football team. Their defense is one of the NFL's best. But their offense needs to step it up if they want to unseat the Colts for the division crown. Jimmy Smith retired so that leaves a huge hole at reciever. Matt Jones and Reggie Williams need to pickup their games. Jaqs did draft the TE from UCLA Mercedes Lewis. Fred Taylor is always hurt and is getting up there. Greg Jones is a good backup. The also have Pearman and Maurice Drew in the fold.

I know the Colts lost Edge and thats a big loss. But Rhodes is decent and Joseph Addai has some skills. They will miss Edge. But with the returning player they have and with the addition of the best clutch kicker in NFL history I do see the Colts winning their usual 11-13 games and winning their division. Then going home early in the playoffs like always.

Livinginthe past
05-21-2006, 05:06 PM
The loss of the Edge will definitely affect the Colts, but I dont think the Jags are in the same class as them just yet.

The most predictable playoff result last year was that the Patriots would beat the Jags because everyone realised they had overachieved just getting that far.

I think they are a solid, well coached team but not ready to take that division title just yet.

NM

SteelerFanInCA
05-22-2006, 01:27 PM
You can stick a fork in the Colts. I'm not sure if Manning will ever win the big game.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
"Let's just say we had protection issues..." Manning after playoff loss

So Colt fan???? What has changed since this epic blast on the men who tried to protect you all last season. Except that now the Edge is in Denny Greens stable.

Funny. I didn't hear this earlier in the season.

Petesburgh66
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
You can stick a fork in the Colts. I'm not sure if Manning will ever win the big game.

The same was said for Elway in Denver until they got a running game going right at the end of his career. Manning will never win the big one with just the passing game. Until he realizes it, it won't happen. He will just be another Marino.

SteelCityMan786
05-22-2006, 03:58 PM

The Fools at ESPN will be slapped REALLLLL HARD to see if the teams that have pretty much dominated it(Patriots and the Steelers) take either a this years Lamar Hunt or B Lamar and Vince Lombardi. The Colts can't win the big one in the post season. It's just a Coors Light Cold Hard Fact.

burgsville
05-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Who is this dude ?? The Burg should be ranked right up there. Injuries always play a role in sports. We had ours last year and bounced back late in the season. All other teams,including the Pats and Colts, COME GET SOME !!!!!

sheba
05-29-2006, 08:52 AM

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats. They might but with out Edge it will be hard.

SteelCityMan786
05-29-2006, 01:49 PM
They might but with out Edge it will be hard.

With out Edge it will be hardER

SteelerFanInCA
05-30-2006, 01:29 PM
This guy Banks from SI definitely has his head up his ass. I think we have been hearing this s h i t now for the last five years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/05/25/colts/index.html

Joey Porter #55
05-30-2006, 05:29 PM
This guy Banks from SI definitely has his head up his ass. I think we have been hearing this s h i t now for the last five years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/05/25/colts/index.html
What the hell?These *BLEEP*holes don't even know football. Yeah, just because payton manning is 99 overall in that madden 2006 you just bought your son DOESN'T MEAN HE IS THE BEST! Get real facts!He is overated, and the only reason he has those stats is because his bitch, marvin anderson, is diving and spinning his head off to catch errant throws!Oh man you have your head up there now!

Livinginthe past
05-30-2006, 05:34 PM
What the hell?These *BLEEP*holes don't even know football. Yeah, just because payton manning is 99 overall in that madden 2006 you just bought your son DOESN'T MEAN HE IS THE BEST! Get real facts!He is overated, and the only reason he has those stats is because his bitch, marvin anderson, is diving and spinning his head off to catch errant throws!Oh man you have your head up there now!

Who is Marvin Anderson?

Im sure I would have heard of a guy who was capable of 'spinning his head off'.

Another Colts receiver - Marvin Harrison - is an excellent player though.

NM

ARKIESTEEL
05-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I think he got excited with the Marvin Anderson thing unless he is like 3 or 4 string wr i dont know about

Joey Porter #55
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I meant marvin harison but I couldn't remember the name, and when I heard this on the news: 'And now, patricia anderson' I thought that was it.
And I got excited because this doofas thinks that the colts WILL win it just because the red sox came back from and previous loss, and the steelers came back from a last-game playoff loss.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
The Colts had their one shot this year while they still had a team salary that was smaller than the GDP of the nation of Chad. The cap ate them up and spit them out...they'll still be a good football team next year, but won't be representing the AFC in the SB.

treadhead
06-01-2006, 10:49 AM
And this guys entire argument seems to ride on this one statement, "determination forged by disappointment and defeat."

Yeah, that's a sure fire formula for success. By that logic we should have won the SB the year after our AFC Champ losses to San Diego, Denver, and the Pats.

The AFC will be competitive again this year. The talent levels so close the outcome could easily be found in injuries, who has a bi and when and, of course, a couple key plays in key games.

SteelerFanInCA
06-02-2006, 12:27 PM
And this guys entire argument seems to ride on this one statement, "determination forged by disappointment and defeat."

Yeah, that's a sure fire formula for success. By that logic we should have won the SB the year after our AFC Champ losses to San Diego, Denver, and the Pats.

The AFC will be competitive again this year. The talent levels so close the outcome could easily be found in injuries, who has a bi and when and, of course, a couple key plays in key games.
That's a great point. I didn't think about that. Then we should have won 3 super bowls if you apply the writer's formula.

StillerPaul
06-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Until there is an indication that the Colts have figured out how to consistently beat a 3-4 defense, then I will never consider them a favorite. Last yeaa was there chance and they blew it.

BTW, I have always considered Manning way overated. Put some pressure on him and he mentally collapses

Thats been my stance for quite a while too. It seems that Peyton is the golden boy of the NFL every year. But we all know, that in football, the QB gets way too much credit for wins and in most cases, way too much blame for losses. I just wonder how Peyton continues to escape the blame and criticism for the big game losses when most other QB's get grilled regularly. And the thing that really bothers me is his attitude after such losses. I think he tries to be real humble in spite of himself. But IMO, he is all too willing to place blame on others. In fact, i think in his case it's a hereditary trate. His dad and brother appear to have the same mental make-up as well.

Indy_Steelers
06-03-2006, 09:19 AM
..... if Jaworski had a coherent thought.....

..... it would die of loneliness.
:chair:

:sofunny:

I have to hear this crap all the time living in Indy but it does not bother too much because they were supposed to win it all last year and we all know what happened. I agree with drizze99, the Colts (or Clots as I call them) will struggle and they even paly a week schedule (22nd strongest). I think the rest of their divison has taken very big steps to get them and they are past their peak. On more thing. Here is what Colts means...

Count
On
Loosing
To
Steelers

Elvis
06-03-2006, 08:11 PM
The Colts without the Edge is gonna be a totally differeent team..just watch and see... The Patriots maybe back but I honestly think that our strongest competition comes from our own division in the BUNGALS... The Chargers must prove that Rivers is the man and the Patriots we be tough as usuall if they patch their secondary..
Elvis has left the building..

BlitzburghRockCity
06-03-2006, 08:31 PM
:sofunny:

I have to hear this crap all the time living in Indy but it does not bother too much because they were supposed to win it all last year and we all know what happened. I agree with drizze99, the Colts (or Clots as I call them) will struggle and they even paly a week schedule (22nd strongest). I think the rest of their divison has taken very big steps to get them and they are past their peak. On more thing. Here is what Colts means...

Count
On
Loosing
To
Steelers

Thats awesome !! :rofl: