PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings

truesteelerfan
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Steelers middle of the pack according to 'ESPN...But then again, when was the last year ESPN predicted the SB Champ?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

:blah:

pete74
07-26-2010, 07:46 PM
i agree and am happy with it. i like when were not favored, we seem to always choke when we are

chitownpit
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree, us life'ers has seen it time and time again.
The Steelers have never done shit when they were supposed to.
They love and thrive being counted out. Anyone remember us making a
fricking superbowl shuffel video? that was a great idea,a week later we
let the fricking cryboys walk all over us for the first half. That defense thought
all it had to do was show up. I love that we get no respect and have to earn it!!!

mikegrimey
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
That sounds like a fair ranking considering we missed the playoffs last year (out of the top 12) and such a tumultuous offseason.

The rankings aren't predictions but starting points. They're just a reason for a people to talk football.

vrabinec
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
That seems fair. By the way, the Colts have been selected #1 more than any other team since the ESPN ratings started. One SUper Bowl to show for it.

supa_fly_steeler
07-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Steelers middle of the pack according to 'ESPN...But then again, when was the last year ESPN predicted the SB Champ?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

:blah:

lol.... blah blah blah WE GONNA WIN IT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! OH NOESSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE RANKAED NOT 1 .... WE ALL GONNA DIE

vrabinec
07-27-2010, 12:06 PM
lol.... blah blah blah WE GONNA WIN IT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! OH NOESSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE RANKAED NOT 1 .... WE ALL GONNA DIE

Yeah, we were ranked #1 last year and what the hell did that get us?

StainlessStill
07-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Nothing wrong with the list IMHO. Givin' our off season woes and losing our QB for 4-6 weeks and a defense that blew leads late to the Browns, Chiefs and Raiders last season, I expect the critics to come down on us hard.

With that said, THIS is the Steelers team I love watching. Underdogs who noone gives us a chance to where we are out to prove. We field a team of NO BUMS. We return many starters and players who have been there done that who have dealt with these kinds of challenges.2 Super Bowls were won with virtually the same players that return, on top of guys like Randle EL, McFadden and Foote.

This team is full of veteran leadership to where we can get it done and make a push for a playoff birth.

Should make for the most interesting seasons in a long time.

LVSteelersfan
07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Count us out people. We get the third place schedule this year (although last year's schedule seemed pretty sweet) so we don't have to play the top teams in the other divisions. We almost always play tough in the division (scratch that Cleveland game and the two Bengals games last year) so we usually end up over .500 in the division. It is a tough NFC schedule with New Orleans and Atlanta, but Tampa Bay and Carolina are not that great. I believe this defense will be back on all cylinders barring injuries so the NFL better look out for the Steelers.

scsteeler
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't have a problem with us being ranked #19 but 5 of those teams above us will drop really fast after the first 4 weeks. the only one that counts at the end is who wins the SB. LOL

casteeler
07-27-2010, 05:01 PM
the 49ers and falcons are rated higher than the Pittsburgh Steelers! This power ranking system should be scrapped!

StainlessStill
07-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't have a problem with us being ranked #19 but 5 of those teams above us will drop really fast after the first 4 weeks. the only one that counts at the end is who wins the SB. LOL

Although I expected us to be the tail end- middle of the pact, I was dumbfounded by the 19 spot. Like I said, we all knew the critics would of came down hard on us.. but 19? Come on, this is the wrong team to piss off. Where's the respect and knowledge of the team unity and how the Steelers do business?

scsteeler
07-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Although I expected us to be the tail end- middle of the pact, I was dumbfounded by the 19 spot. Like I said, we all knew the critics would of came down hard on us.. but 19? Come on, this is the wrong team to piss off. Where's the respect and knowledge of the team unity and how the Steelers do business?

When do the Steelers ever get respect. We could come off a perfect season and win it all and there would still be no respect. This organization has not won 6 Trophies not knowing what they are doing. The Patriots could start all rookies and they would be ranked in the top 10.

casteeler
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
^^^ so very true! I can remember our last SB win , it was talked about for 1day then it was old news and when the Saint won last year it was on top of every disscussion even on strickly news stations.... hell espn still talks about it! The steelers will NEVER get the respect they deserve

mikegrimey
07-28-2010, 12:28 AM
When do the Steelers ever get respect. We could come off a perfect season and win it all and there would still be no respect. This organization has not won 6 Trophies not knowing what they are doing. The Patriots could start all rookies and they would be ranked in the top 10.

I don't know if you've come down with an extreme case of underdogitis but the Steelers are not short changed of respect by most media outlets. I always see constant praise to us for being one of the most consistent teams in football and last year, after the SB win, numerous news outlets postured over a debate of who would be team of the decade: us or the patriots.

The low ranking at the beginning of this season is justified---we had one hell of an offseason and have a whole unit of our defense that hinges on 1 guy staying healthy. If I recall right we are typically rated pretty high.

mikegrimey
07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
^^^ so very true! I can remember our last SB win , it was talked about for 1day then it was old news and when the Saint won last year it was on top of every disscussion even on strickly news stations.... hell espn still talks about it! The steelers will NEVER get the respect they deserve

This is flat out untrue.

When we won #6 the reaction to it was wild, for a long time. Due in part to the thrilling finish of the game and also due to the history in it. It's obviously a hyperbole that you think "it was talked about for 1 day then it was old news".

I know athletes like to exaggerate being an underdog, but now is it extending to the fans as well?

alex
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
agreed it!

Steelerfreak58
08-04-2010, 02:09 AM
They play much better flying under the radar then in the spotlight. Both times this decade they have won the SB they came out with a hang over and got caught flat footed. Sure last year had some really key injuries that really effected the team but still. History has pretty much shown that the Steelers play way better when they are over looked this decade.

SteelBlaze1
08-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree that Power Rankings are just a starting point and regardless of where we start, we need to come and play and finish strong. This will move us up the rankings as the season goes along. It only matters where we finish...playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl!

supa_fly_steeler
08-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, we were ranked #1 last year and what the hell did that get us?

a cookie jar from santa claus