PDA

View Full Version : TO Signs With Bengals

Triggerfish
07-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Well, the AFC North just got a little more interesting. Terrell Owens will be wearing stripes this year. Whatcha think? Discuss.....

pete74
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
i dont like it. he isnt the same player as he was in his prime but he is still dangerous. the bengals just got a little tougher

Triggerfish
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree. He's certainly not the same WR he was a few years ago, but he still has some skill, and a knack for getting open. I wouldn't be as concerned with him if a rival was signing him as a WR1, but that's not gonna be the case here. He's not going to be asked to be the sole dangerous threat at WR, and I have a feeling (at this point in his career) this is a good move for him. TO and 85 will be a a tough duo to cover for any defense. And with a decent running game now with Benson, Cincy will be a team to watch in the AFC North.

pete74
07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I agree. He's certainly not the same WR he was a few years ago, but he still has some skill, and a knack for getting open. I wouldn't be as concerned with him if a rival was signing him as a WR1, but that's not gonna be the case here. He's not going to be asked to be the sole dangerous threat at WR, and I have a feeling (at this point in his career) this is a good move for him. TO and 85 will be a a tough duo to cover for any defense. And with a decent running game now with Benson, Cincy will be a team to watch in the AFC North.

agreed. plus they have 2 of the top cb's on defense

supa_fly_steeler
07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
If pacman plays to his projected draft abilities, they will have a top 3 cornerback trio lol

LambertIsGod58
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't quite understand why people keep saying that he's not the player he was years ago. He played with the Buffalo Bills last year for crying out loud. The only offensive weapon on the team. With a joke for a QB and no backfield to worry about. I say the Bengals got a whole lot better. Ocho, TO and Bryant? I'd like to have that problem.

LambertIsGod58
07-27-2010, 08:06 PM
70 receptions, over a 1,000 yds and double digit TD's his last year in Dallas. Just a reminder.......

scsteeler
07-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Bengals at Skill Positions really got a boost adding TO. The AFC North will be interesting. I love it.

Merchant
07-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Meh. Too many bad character guys on that offense. Ochocinco, T.O. and Bryant will all want the ball thrown their way every play. Then you got guys like pacman jones, tank johnson, on defense. Doesn't look like the best locker room to me, it's not only about talent.

mikegrimey
07-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Hope Palmer has fun---the minstrel show is back in Cincinnati, looks like the Bengals are going to start slinging the ball around again.

Marvin Lewis has to be annoyed as hell, he obviously didn't want TO on the team, but changed his tune after Mike Brown told him he was coming.

I know a lot of people right now are hoping the Bengals fall flat out the gate early just to see the disgraceful shenanigans of Johnson and TO

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 12:45 AM
You guys seem to forget one simple rule. Talent is NOT what wins games, or Championships. It's Chemistry. Being a cohesive part to the whole. TO is not that. He, as well as his Boy Ochocinco are BOTH Media
Wh ores! And if you do your homework, the WR's that did play beyond 14 seasons, in ALL of those cases, the WR entering their 14th season had a huge drop off in production. And TO is entering his 15th season. Also I'm glad of this cause all this will mean is that younger, much faster and physically more gifted WR's will not see as many balls. And all this Chad & TO are the best combo stuff is pure BS! I mean we beat them years ago I don't know how many times in a row when they had a Chad Johnson 5 years younger. A better WR in
TJ Houshmandzadeh, AND Chris Henry to boot, and a better TE and RB as well. I mean TO and Chad combined are 70 years old. I mean seriously...calm the F down. All I know is I can't WAIT til camp, when both TMZ and Radar On-Line are in the Bengals camp, and TO and Chad are fighting for camera time. I wonder how some of the Bengal Vets will take to that. And I wonder even IF TO does well, and is the leading WR after say 5 games, lets see how good of a teammate TO is when he is bring in maybe 80,000 dollars a week, and Antonio Bryant is making over 800,000 dollars a week. Not to mention WR's like Simpson and rookie Shipley will be making more Jack than TO! Then lets see how great of a teammate he is.

Like I said...CHEMISTRY wins titles...not pure Talent!

steelandblood
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
The guy has is own reality show. Too much baggage at this point. He'll accumulate some numbers, but I don't know that another receiver is going to put the Bungles over the top. Their D is still so porous it's not even funny.

StillerzFreak
07-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I have mixed feeling on this......on one hand T.O. can definetly still be a productive receiver and cause some problems for opposing teams, especially going againt the #2 corner instead of the #1......on the other hand, was the Bengals problems last year really the receivers?? I seem to remember Carson missing a lot of throws....plus if we pressure Carson like we should be able too, then I'm not too concerned.....If Carson doesnt do something this year with the weapons he's surrounded with then they need to stop mentioning him with the "elite" quarterbacks and start mentioning him with the Jake Delhommes LMAO

Triggerfish
07-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I agree with some of your opinions to an extent. It's true that talent does not neccesarily win championships. There definitley does need to be some cohesion amongst the team. However, I think TO has calmed down quite a bit over the last few years, and for the most part has been a much better locker room guy than the media circus gives him credit for. He's a business man, and not a dumb one. He knows that at this point in his career, he can't afford to be the problem-child he was in the past. I think a part of him also knows he can't always back up that attitude with his play anymore. I mean, look at his demeanor in BUF last season. Of all the places he COULD have thrown a fit and reverted back to his old ways, that Bills team was the place! But even he knew it wouldn't do him any good to start throwing people under the bus like he would have done without hesitation in the past.

He can definitely still contribute in the passing game, and he will create some problems as a WR2. His stats were still good in Dallas in his last season there, but if you remember correctly, there were quite a few games when he would virtually disappear. He even admitted that season in a radio interview I heard him in, that he was having problems beating the double-coverage (sometimes triple) he was getting every game on almost every play. Dallas saw it too, thus him leaving for Buffalo. But his role should be different in Cincy, and he just might thrive going up against #2 corners and seeing much less double coverage.

Also, I'm not too sure you can say that the Bengals teams in the past had a BETTER running game. If you recall, Benson was pretty damn good this past season. Not a LOT of TDs, but he averaged about 100 yards/game. And their defense should be significantly better than in the past. A lot of the outcome of their team will come down to Palmer. If he can regain some of his pre-injury form, they could be very dangerous.

I still like the Steelers chances this year, as much as any other year. But there's no denying that the AFC North should be a tight race. as Baltimore will surely be in the mix as well this year. All in all, I can't see that signing TO is gonna HURT the Bengals. To be honest, it was a good gamble on their part. But one that I hope doesn't pay off. It's gonna be an awesome season, but the Steelers definitely have their work cut out for them.

StainlessStill
07-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Holy shit is this going to be a disaster. If Carson Palmer was smart, and being that he had to deal with a overzealous prick his whole career in Cinco, he welcomes and wants the worst chess player of all time and home wrecker T.O to come in and be in cahoots with Chad Johnson to compete on his football team that has history of buffoons and players with their heads up their ass. Now they are already competing for media attraction between each other.

If it would of been ANYONE who wanted a T.O to stay away it should of been Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer. There's a reason why noone made a hard attempt for him and why he's been with 5 teams within a 7 year span. He is soft over the middle and has been dropping more balls than he has been catching them over the years. T.O will certainly bring an element to the team that stretches the field but just wait until there won't be enough balls to go around.

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree with some of your opinions to an extent. It's true that talent does not neccesarily win championships. There definitley does need to be some cohesion amongst the team. However, I think TO has calmed down quite a bit over the last few years, and for the most part has been a much better locker room guy than the media circus gives him credit for. He's a business man, and not a dumb one. He knows that at this point in his career, he can't afford to be the problem-child he was in the past. I think a part of him also knows he can't always back up that attitude with his play anymore. I mean, look at his demeanor in BUF last season. Of all the places he COULD have thrown a fit and reverted back to his old ways, that Bills team was the place! But even he knew it wouldn't do him any good to start throwing people under the bus like he would have done without hesitation in the past.

He can definitely still contribute in the passing game, and he will create some problems as a WR2. His stats were still good in Dallas in his last season there, but if you remember correctly, there were quite a few games when he would virtually disappear. He even admitted that season in a radio interview I heard him in, that he was having problems beating the double-coverage (sometimes triple) he was getting every game on almost every play. Dallas saw it too, thus him leaving for Buffalo. But his role should be different in Cincy, and he just might thrive going up against #2 corners and seeing much less double coverage.

Also, I'm not too sure you can say that the Bengals teams in the past had a BETTER running game. If you recall, Benson was pretty damn good this past season. Not a LOT of TDs, but he averaged about 100 yards/game. And their defense should be significantly better than in the past. A lot of the outcome of their team will come down to Palmer. If he can regain some of his pre-injury form, they could be very dangerous.

I still like the Steelers chances this year, as much as any other year. But there's no denying that the AFC North should be a tight race. as Baltimore will surely be in the mix as well this year. All in all, I can't see that signing TO is gonna HURT the Bengals. To be honest, it was a good gamble on their part. But one that I hope doesn't pay off. It's gonna be an awesome season, but the Steelers definitely have their work cut out for them.

All due respect sir, TO has not changed at all. Last year in Buffalo's first game, a loss against New England, TO was reported the next day by the Bills Beat writer as going Nuts in the Locker room. Ranting on the OC, and his WR Coach. Also, you think TO has changed, last night, after the announcement of the signing, TO Tweeted to Chad that, don't worry " Robin..( Refering to Chad )..Batman..( Refering to himself )..is on the way to Cincinnati. That doesn't sound like TO, or his Ego has changed. Also, on their running game not being as good a few years back like it was last year with Cedric Benson...Sorry son but I have to disagree. Through 2004 to 2006, Rudi Johnson got over 5400 Yds and 36 TD's in 3 seasons....and this was with a Younger and better Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry, Reggie Kelly, ec t.

We'll see how much TO has changed like you say he has when Antonio Bryant, who owns the rights to the jersey number 81, refuses to give it up to TO. Lets see how that all plays out. Lets see how after say 5 or 6 games, IF TO is doing good, lets see how he feels about starting, and putting up stats, and still making LESS Loot then Bryant, Simpson, and rookie Jordan Shipley.

Then talk to me about how " Chnged " of a person TO is:sofunny:

Steelers>NFL
07-28-2010, 01:23 PM
The guy has is own reality show. Too much baggage at this point. He'll accumulate some numbers, but I don't know that another receiver is going to put the Bungles over the top. Their D is still so porous it's not even funny.

The defense was not too porous to stop a very prolific Steeler offense last season!

pete74
07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
porous defense? are you nuts? there defense is top 7. they probably had the best CB duo last year. i hate the bengals more then anyone but i have to admit there defense was strong last year.

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
porous defense? are you nuts? there defense is top 7. they probably had the best CB duo last year. i hate the bengals more then anyone but i have to admit there defense was strong last year.

Not withstanding us or Baltimore, the Bengals played some of the leagues worst offensive teams last year. I mean they only allowed 3.9 less yards a game then we did. And we were missing TWO already cemented Hall of Famers on Defense. We also had little to no depth. Now we have Troy and Aaron back healthy. And we re-acquired Mcfadden and Foote again, which is HUGE cause both are proven winners and good starters/de[th players for us. Cincy was, well in a word..LUCKY last year. Hey not that I am dogging that cause Luck counts to. But all this TO is there now, and now we are UNSTOPPABLE stuff is pure BS! I mean IF TO is all that, why then didn't they sign him when he first worked out for them 2 months ago ? Why is it with 50 % of the league teams in need of better WR's, why hasn't TO even been mentioned ?
Why if he is so good was Buffalo, a HORRID team the ONLY team to even consider signing TO last year ? Of TO's 850 + yards last season, I looked it up, a great amount of those yeards came late in games when Buffalo was being killed, and the game was over, and the opponents brought in their 3rd string DB's...THAT'S when TO got the greater percentage of his meger stats.

All this signing guarantees Cincy is alot of TMZ coverage. Alot of stupid antics after scores by either of them. And a WHOLE lot of Chemistry Issues with some of their few decent Vet players that they do have. I as a steeler fan LOVE this signing. All it means is a WR who DID give us problems last year in Caldwell probably won't play much. And most likely their 2nd rounder of 2008, Jerome Simpson, or rookie D.Briscoe will be outright released....and then maybe we can grab them :tt:

This is purely a Headline grabbing signing. It's not a talent signing at all. And trust me, Pittsburgh will once again shut the pie holes of all those critics who have us as a 6-10 or 7-9 team this season. And I, as well as alot of other steeler fans will be laughing loudest at the end of this season :rofl::rofl::rofl:

TackleMeBen
07-28-2010, 04:30 PM
i hope carson has a good supply of aspirin for all the headaches he will have this season

pete74
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Not withstanding us or Baltimore, the Bengals played some of the leagues worst offensive teams last year. I mean they only allowed 3.9 less yards a game then we did. And we were missing TWO already cemented Hall of Famers on Defense. We also had little to no depth. Now we have Troy and Aaron back healthy. And we re-acquired Mcfadden and Foote again, which is HUGE cause both are proven winners and good starters/de[th players for us. Cincy was, well in a word..LUCKY last year. Hey not that I am dogging that cause Luck counts to. But all this TO is there now, and now we are UNSTOPPABLE stuff is pure BS! I mean IF TO is all that, why then didn't they sign him when he first worked out for them 2 months ago ? Why is it with 50 % of the league teams in need of better WR's, why hasn't TO even been mentioned ?
Why if he is so good was Buffalo, a HORRID team the ONLY team to even consider signing TO last year ? Of TO's 850 + yards last season, I looked it up, a great amount of those yeards came late in games when Buffalo was being killed, and the game was over, and the opponents brought in their 3rd string DB's...THAT'S when TO got the greater percentage of his meger stats.

All this signing guarantees Cincy is alot of TMZ coverage. Alot of stupid antics after scores by either of them. And a WHOLE lot of Chemistry Issues with some of their few decent Vet players that they do have. I as a steeler fan LOVE this signing. All it means is a WR who DID give us problems last year in Caldwell probably won't play much. And most likely their 2nd rounder of 2008, Jerome Simpson, or rookie D.Briscoe will be outright released....and then maybe we can grab them :tt:

This is purely a Headline grabbing signing. It's not a talent signing at all. And trust me, Pittsburgh will once again shut the pie holes of all those critics who have us as a 6-10 or 7-9 team this season. And I, as well as alot of other steeler fans will be laughing loudest at the end of this season :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bengals played most of the teams we played and alot of them beat us

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
bengals played most of the teams we played and alot of them beat us

First off, those teams didn't beat us,,we beat OURSELVES..KC, Okaland, the Browns. And second, what great teams did Cincy beat last year ? Or if they did, they were completely crippled at the time. WE beat a Healthy Green Bay team. Cincy played them in week 2 of last season when Green Bay had 2 O-Line starters out in their C Wells, and their LT in Clifton. They also had their BEST WR in Jennings out of that game. And in the 2nd quarter, their RN Grant twisted an Ankle and left. Cincy lost to Minnesota, and San Diego. We beat BOTH of those teams. Cincy got spanked TWICE to the Jets, Cincy lost to Denver, as where WE BEAT a 8-1 Denver team at Denver coming off their first loss the week earlier, Anxious as Hell to beat us, and that was a nationally telivised game on Monday night. So please sir, who EXACTLY did Cincy beat ?

supa_fly_steeler
07-28-2010, 05:18 PM
First off, those teams didn't beat us,,we beat OURSELVES..KC, Okaland, the Browns. And second, what great teams did Cincy beat last year ? Or if they did, they were completely crippled at the time. WE beat a Healthy Green Bay team. Cincy played them in week 2 of last season when Green Bay had 2 O-Line starters out in their C Wells, and their LT in Clifton. They also had their BEST WR in Jennings out of that game. And in the 2nd quarter, their RN Grant twisted an Ankle and left. Cincy lost to Minnesota, and San Diego. We beat BOTH of those teams. Cincy got spanked TWICE to the Jets, Cincy lost to Denver, as where WE BEAT a 8-1 Denver team at Denver coming off their first loss the week earlier, Anxious as Hell to beat us, and that was a nationally telivised game on Monday night. So please sir, who EXACTLY did Cincy beat ?

you got unbanned? wernt u the dude that said someones baby was ugly? lol

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM
you got unbanned? wernt u the dude that said someones baby was ugly? lol

Ahhh No! And exactly WHAT is your point ? And what is your take ? Cause as far as I can see, you don't have one. If that is the case...Be Gone!!

pete74
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM

who did they beat? they beat us twice. as for us beating ourselves, you can say that about any team. the only thing that matters is who won and who lost, PERIOD.

supa_fly_steeler
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Ahhh No! And exactly WHAT is your point ? And what is your take ? Cause as far as I can see, you don't have one. If that is the case...Be Gone!!

what do u mean my take, i asked your a question which you lied about.

I remember the other crap you spewed in the war room about who we liked and who we didnt and you said earl thomas was not liked and yet he was 2nd on our list of draft boards behind of haden and infront of pouncey.

supa_fly_steeler
07-28-2010, 06:22 PM

oh here comes to ****ing homer talk

EVER YEAR WE GO 18-0 BUT NOOO WE HAVE TO LOSE SOME GAMES BECAUSE THE NFL IS OUT TO GET US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatdoiknow
07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
what do u mean my take, i asked your a question which you lied about.

I remember the other crap you spewed in the war room about who we liked and who we didnt and you said earl thomas was not liked and yet he was 2nd on our list of draft boards behind of haden and infront of pouncey.

Please post where I said anything about Earl Thomas. And especially anything I said against him. I LOVE Earl, and I desperately wished we could have gotten him. I also have been a HUGE Texas fan for years. And me, and my family are very good friends of Deloss Dodds for years. I was AT the Texas/Alabama game on the sidelines, as well as the Texas/USC game...where the F were U watching it ? So please, stop with your Uneducated BS son.

supa_fly_steeler
07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Please post where I said anything about Earl Thomas. And especially anything I said against him. I LOVE Earl, and I desperately wished we could have gotten him. I also have been a HUGE Texas fan for years. And me, and my family are very good friends of Deloss Dodds for years. I was AT the Texas/Alabama game on the sidelines, as well as the Texas/USC game...where the F were U watching it ? So please, stop with your Uneducated BS son.

I remember you said Washingtons first year was good, infact he didn't even have a reception lmao.

your the one with the uneducated bs, along with the "we only lost to ourselves", no we ****ing didnt, we deserved to lose those games, because we didnt win them.

stb_steeler
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Meh. Too many bad character guys on that offense. Ochocinco, T.O. and Bryant will all want the ball thrown their way every play. Then you got guys like pacman jones, tank johnson, on defense. Doesn't look like the best locker room to me, it's not only about talent.

Let the Games begin:tt02:

Steelerfreak58
07-28-2010, 10:49 PM
I think there are just way too many big ego's at WR position now. Ocho is not going to want to share the spotlight with T.O. If one of them has a big game and has the camera shinning on them the other guy is going to resent it. Neither of them know what the word TEAM is. Cincy will self destruct again. Fun to watch!

Triggerfish
07-29-2010, 12:32 AM
All due respect sir, TO has not changed at all. Last year in Buffalo's first game, a loss against New England, TO was reported the next day by the Bills Beat writer as going Nuts in the Locker room. Ranting on the OC, and his WR Coach. Also, you think TO has changed, last night, after the announcement of the signing, TO Tweeted to Chad that, don't worry " Robin..( Refering to Chad )..Batman..( Refering to himself )..is on the way to Cincinnati. That doesn't sound like TO, or his Ego has changed. Also, on their running game not being as good a few years back like it was last year with Cedric Benson...Sorry son but I have to disagree. Through 2004 to 2006, Rudi Johnson got over 5400 Yds and 36 TD's in 3 seasons....and this was with a Younger and better Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry, Reggie Kelly, ec t.

We'll see how much TO has changed like you say he has when Antonio Bryant, who owns the rights to the jersey number 81, refuses to give it up to TO. Lets see how that all plays out. Lets see how after say 5 or 6 games, IF TO is doing good, lets see how he feels about starting, and putting up stats, and still making LESS Loot then Bryant, Simpson, and rookie Jordan Shipley.

Then talk to me about how " Chnged " of a person TO is:sofunny:

Your first point regarding last years Buf/Pats game....again, the media LOVES to hate this guy. Maybe he did go nuts, maybe he didn't. Who cares? Do you not think that players from EVERY team are going nuts in a locker room after a loss? The media just loves to report on TO.

The Tweet to Ocho...85 has actually been campaigning for TO to be brought it. It's extremely likely they've been chatting, and extremely likely that this is just light-hearted joking around.

Regarding the running game, I was referring to the post-Rudi/pre-Benson years. Yes, we all know Rudi was a good productive RB. However, your claims of superior WRs during that time is a little skewed. Housh had a big year in 06 and seemed to come into his own after that. Chris Henry, while showing flashes of great potential, never really achieved much consistency, and largely due to his off-field issues was kinda a bust. Again, his best year statistically was in '06. Reggie Kelly? Really dude? Are you serious? How does this name even belong in your argument? His career high with the Bengals was 254 yards in a season and ONE TD. Yawn

I'm not a fortune-teller. I don't know with 100% certainty that TO won't revert back to his old ways. I just have a hunch he's mellowed out a bit. All part of his business plan for longevity in the league. I could be wrong of course.....but there's a damn good chance you could be wrong too!

whatdoiknow
07-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Your first point regarding last years Buf/Pats game....again, the media LOVES to hate this guy. Maybe he did go nuts, maybe he didn't. Who cares? Do you not think that players from EVERY team are going nuts in a locker room after a loss? The media just loves to report on TO.

The Tweet to Ocho...85 has actually been campaigning for TO to be brought it. It's extremely likely they've been chatting, and extremely likely that this is just light-hearted joking around.

Regarding the running game, I was referring to the post-Rudi/pre-Benson years. Yes, we all know Rudi was a good productive RB. However, your claims of superior WRs during that time is a little skewed. Housh had a big year in 06 and seemed to come into his own after that. Chris Henry, while showing flashes of great potential, never really achieved much consistency, and largely due to his off-field issues was kinda a bust. Again, his best year statistically was in '06. Reggie Kelly? Really dude? Are you serious? How does this name even belong in your argument? His career high with the Bengals was 254 yards in a season and ONE TD. Yawn

I'm not a fortune-teller. I don't know with 100% certainty that TO won't revert back to his old ways. I just have a hunch he's mellowed out a bit. All part of his business plan for longevity in the league. I could be wrong of course.....but there's a damn good chance you could be wrong too!

I know that Coles and Henry combined for what TO did last season. I know that Caldwell was very good last season, and was mostly responsible for the win against us, and not Chaddy. And with TO here, and Bryant, the younger, taller faster Caldwell won't see the field as much. And their 2nd rounder of 2008, Simpson will be lucky to ever see the field. And his physical speed and Athleticism are WAY better than TO at 37 years old! Maybe you and I watched different games last season. But for the past 3 years, TO has never ever drawn a single double team. Neither has Chad. So why everyone thinks this pair is all that is just ridiculously stupid!

mikegrimey
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
TO never changed his ways. Ever since the 9ers gave him the boot when his team strikes a little bit of adversity, he loses it.

Although his season in Buffalo technically counts as a "well behaved" one for him. Let's face it, nobody had any expectations for the Bills. TO knew this as well as anybody, he was just glad he was robbing a team of 5.5 million.

As for Chad and TO being "entertaining"

Yea, it's always fun until the adversity hits then they both start whining like children. Marvin Lewis has to be furious.

Triggerfish
07-29-2010, 01:17 AM
I know that Coles and Henry combined for what TO did last season. I know that Caldwell was very good last season, and was mostly responsible for the win against us, and not Chaddy. And with TO here, and Bryant, the younger, taller faster Caldwell won't see the field as much. And their 2nd rounder of 2008, Simpson will be lucky to ever see the field. And his physical speed and Athleticism are WAY better than TO at 37 years old! Maybe you and I watched different games last season. But for the past 3 years, TO has never ever drawn a single double team. Neither has Chad. So why everyone thinks this pair is all that is just ridiculously stupid!

LOL.....C'mon dude. I know it's late, so maybe your drunk...or high. But do you honestly believe that neither TO or Ocho has "never drawn a single double team in the past 3 years"? Please....

Coles and Henry combined for what TO did in his worst statistical season in 10 years (with exception of his injured year in Philly), where he played for the freakin' Bills with Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brohm! I'm not saying that TO hasn't lost a step or two....but comparing his stats from last year on that pathetic team to TWO players from his new team hardly supports your argument.

CantStop85
07-29-2010, 01:22 AM

Lol at Caldwell being very good last season...he did well early on in the season but disappeared down the stretch.
Lol at 2 receivers equaling one guy's worst statistical season in 10 years...so the Bengals should have gone out and signed 2 lesser receivers instead?
Lol at Jerome Simpson...he couldn't even play his way on the field last year despite Coles sucking and Chris Henry's departure
Lol at Chad and TO never drawing double teams...do you even watch football?

Did I miss anything?

Ah, yes

Also, you think TO has changed, last night, after the announcement of the signing, TO Tweeted to Chad that, don't worry " Robin..( Refering to Chad )..Batman..( Refering to himself )..is on the way to Cincinnati. That doesn't sound like TO, or his Ego has changed.
Chad is the one who started the Batman-Robin comparison when he originally started lobbying for the Bengals to sign T.O., saying that he would be the Robin to T.O.'s Batman. Even after the signing Chad came out and made a statement saying that T.O. would be the #1 because he's the future hall of famer. If it weren't for Chad constantly lobbying for him, T.O. probably wouldn't be on the Bengals right now.

Antonio Bryant has already given T.O. the #81, saying that he didn't really care which number he wore because he had switched so many times throughout his career.

If T.O. were really that concerned about the money, I don't think he would've said publicly that he was willing to take half of last year's salary to play in Cincinnati in the first place. I imagine T.O. is more concerned about winning a ring at this point in his career than he is making money, which I'm sure he has plenty of.

And as for Cincinnati's defense being porous...it sure didn't look like it against the Steelers last year. Cincy has arguably the best cornerback duo in the league and a pretty solid front 7, i think they'll be fine.

Triggerfish
07-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Lol at Caldwell being very good last season
Lol at 2 receivers equaling one guy's worst statistical season in 10 years
Lol at Jerome Simpson, he couldn't even play his way on the field last year

Did I miss anything?

Nope...that about covers it. But stay tuned....I'm sure he'll be back with more nonsense soon. :coffee:

supa_fly_steeler
07-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Lol at Caldwell being very good last season...he did well early on in the season but disappeared down the stretch.
Lol at 2 receivers equaling one guy's worst statistical season in 10 years...so the Bengals should have gone out and signed 2 lesser receivers instead?
Lol at Jerome Simpson...he couldn't even play his way on the field last year despite Coles sucking and Chris Henry's departure

Did I miss anything?

Ah, yes

Yes, yes you did, ask him whatdoUknow.

Some fans around here think we can go 19-0 each season lawl

whatdoiknow
07-29-2010, 02:27 AM

Did I miss anything?

Ah, yes

Chad is the one who started the Batman-Robin comparison when he originally started lobbying for the Bengals to sign T.O., saying that he would be the Robin to T.O.'s Batman. Even after the signing Chad came out and made a statement saying that T.O. would be the #1 because he's the future hall of famer. If it weren't for Chad constantly lobbying for him, T.O. probably wouldn't be on the Bengals right now.

Antonio Bryant has already given T.O. the #81, saying that he didn't really care which number he wore because he had switched so many times throughout his career.

If T.O. were really that concerned about the money, I don't think he would've said publicly that he was willing to take half of last year's salary to play in Cincinnati in the first place. I imagine T.O. is more concerned about winning a ring at this point in his career than he is making money, which I'm sure he has plenty of.

And as for Cincinnati's defense being porous...it sure didn't look like it against the Steelers last year. Cincy has arguably the best cornerback duo in the league and a pretty solid front 7, i think they'll be fine.

If TO was so willing to take a pay cut, and Cincy LOVED him so much,,,why didn't they sign him 2 months back ?...BEFORE they threw 29 Million dollars at Bryant, who was never a good Athlete. Was coming off a serious Injury, and a bad season ? I mean IF they loved TO so much ? And why wasn't TO Immediately signed right away by any of the 20 NFL teams that NEED a Vet WR ? Especially if TO was so willing to cut his salary demands ? Huh ? Go ahead MENSA...tell me that one!

Triggerfish
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
If TO was so willing to take a pay cut, and Cincy LOVED him so much,,,why didn't they sign him 2 months back ?...BEFORE they threw 29 Million dollars at Bryant, who was never a good Athlete. Was coming off a serious Injury, and a bad season ? I mean IF they loved TO so much ? And why wasn't TO Immediately signed right away by any of the 20 NFL teams that NEED a Vet WR ? Especially if TO was so willing to cut his salary demands ? Huh ? Go ahead MENSA...tell me that one!

TO publicly stated he would be willing to play for half his salary if signed by Cincy. That's a fact. Now, as far as your other rant and rave.....I didn't see anyone mention that Cincy LOVED Owens. It obviuosly took some time, consideration, and lobbying from some team members and ultimately the owner to get the deal done. No one ever claimed that Cincy was in LOVE with TO.

For the record, TO stated he'd work for half his salary if signed by CINCY.....not any other team. He likely wants to play for a team that at least has a SHOT at a SB run. St. Louis was also taking a hard look at him at the time, and he had to know that getting a deal done with the Rams was like "jumping out of the kettle into the fire". The Rams are a team going absolutely nowhere.

Everyone knows why most teams didn't take a stab at TO. He's old. He's lost a step or two. Most of all, he has a history of being a distraction and a locker room problem. The media LOVES to make a negative story on the guy, and some teams don't want that kind of publicity. Etc. Etc. But everyone knew it was just a big NFL version of playing Chicken. Someone was gonna jump at him eventually and take a gamble that he could produce for another year or two. All I've been saying is that for the right price, in the right system, it's probably not a TERRIBLE gamble.

The market was saturated with good WRs on the market this year with guys like Marshall, Boldin, V. Jackson, Austin, Avant, Breaston, B. Edwards, Hixon, Mason, Walter, etc. etc. being either free agents or looking for a new team. No need to rush into signing TO until other options were explored. Now that the dust has settled and many of those guys have been re-signed or already found a new home, it was time to look at the options that are left.....and one of them happened to be TO.

whatdoiknow
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
TO Misses his flight to Cincy, there by causing a delay in the already SET press conference, his team physical, and attending his practice...Oh...but this was supposed to be the NEW TO right ?

Some people will NEVER learn!!

Triggerfish
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Wow....someone missed a flight. What exciting news! :coffee:

This goes to my earlier point that the media just loves to bust TO's balls whenever given the slightest chance. Really....who cares? So he's gonna get there a little later than planned. Whoopdedooooo.

mikegrimey
07-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I think the whole argument that TO's persona is just a result of a ravenous media coverage is false and just a figment of the imagination of TO and his apologists.

EastLibertyHomer
07-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I am loving the media circus in CinciCrappy. They have a long history of imploding. I am going to "get my popcorn ready" and watch how they do it this year.

pittguy578
07-30-2010, 09:12 PM
TO is a Hall of Fame receiver and probably in the top five receivers of all time (he is top 3 in terms of stats) He has never ever been accused of doing anything bad off the field. He works hard in every practice and works hard in the offseason to keep in shape. Yes, he has had blowouts with teammates, but I am sure there are plenty of blowouts between players-he just made his public. He plays with emotion all of the time. People can criticize his mouth, but they can't question his ability and work ethic. I watched the playoff game from the 90's when he was with Steve Young-when he made that catch to win the game and it was one of many catches that day.

mikegrimey
07-31-2010, 12:14 AM
TO being a hall of famer is debatable.

Statistically no question, but there is more to being a hall of famer than putting up huge numbers. He does have some big moments and catches as well. His performance in the Superbowl doesn't hurt his cause either. Unfortunately, the fact that he has been shuffled around from team to team and proven himself to be a cancer, remember even Jerry Jones got tired of his antics (and that's saying something), regardless of his claim that the media is to blame, have tainted TO's career.

I've said it before, nobody with his talent should have gone through 4 teams. Less talented guys than him have stayed with 1 or maybe 2 teams their whole career because of things that go beyond statistics. Things like character, leadership, selflessness, the team mentality. All characteristics in TO that are questionable at least. TO is on his 5th team this year, maybe 6 by this time next year. He got picked up by the Bengals, think about that. Besides the Raiders they may be the only team with an established reputation of picking up problem players. The fact that he's on the Bengals alone suggests that he has character issues. Don't forget his antics and rants and raves too.

I don't know if all of those things are what you want in a hall of famer.

steelerohio
07-31-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't like it. It has a sure shot of working out and, when it does, I will have to deal with the local yokels coming out of the woodwork who deying... :banging:

alex
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
i'd like to see whether he will "kill" his QB again. lol

Havik
08-06-2010, 07:22 PM
The Bengals are now the proud owners of 3 locker room toads. T.O. and Ochocinco are divas and Antonio Bryant has a reputation of being a slacker when it's not his contract year. Don't forget about cokehead Matt Jones. Hey, at least they can snort some of his coke to cheer themselves up after a loss.