PDA

View Full Version : Timmons

pete74
07-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons writes in his blog that he has been working out twice a day and as a result is in serious shape. ďI did a lot of great things in the off-season. It hasnít all been fun, though. Iíve been working out hard. Iím up to 248 pounds right now, no fat. Iíve got my abs backĒ writes Timmons. ďNow itís time to get ready for training camp on Friday. Iíve been working out like a dog so camp will be easy for me and Iím in some serious shape. Iíve been working out hard, doing two-a-days, working out then running or lifting. My trainers have me on some supplements now and Iím improving my wind, speed and strength so everything is going well.Ē

scsteeler
07-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Great News!! If Timmons does not lose any of that speed with the weight then he will be a handful to deal with. Our LB's will be one of the best in the NFL if he starts producing more this year.

pete74
07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
I think we already have by far the best LB group in the entire NFL and if Timmons starts playing up to expectations we will be sick on D

StainlessStill
07-31-2010, 10:39 AM
We need Timmons to have a breakout this year. 250 pounds is something to be excited about. Hopefully the added weight doesn't take away from that closing speed but nonetheless, this man is a FREAK athlete. He needed to bulk to play the middle. Can't wait to watch him lower the boom.

OX1947
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I pray he does well, but the poor guy is playing out of position. He is an OLB not and ILB.

lionslicer
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
He was already in great shape before.. lol... I hope the extra weight doesn't slow him down, though he's probably still one of the fastest linebackers in the league right now. And at ILB that works for him, because that gives him the speed to get to the outside if he has to. He doesn't have the skills or strength to play OLB in a 3-4 system though. That would be a huge change for him, learning to pass rush like a DE isn't something that you can learn in one off season. Woodley and Harrison were DE's since highschool so it isn't something new to them.

supa_fly_steeler
08-01-2010, 12:37 PM
He was already in great shape before.. lol... I hope the extra weight doesn't slow him down, though he's probably still one of the fastest linebackers in the league right now. And at ILB that works for him, because that gives him the speed to get to the outside if he has to. He doesn't have the skills or strength to play OLB in a 3-4 system though. That would be a huge change for him, learning to pass rush like a DE isn't something that you can learn in one off season. Woodley and Harrison were DE's since highschool so it isn't something new to them.

timmons was an olb in college, he's out of position right now imo.

StainlessStill
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
timmons was an olb in college, he's out of position right now imo.

I agree. His strength is to obviously rush the passer with a fiery.

SteelCurtain0815
08-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Timmons is not playing out of position at all. He is not physical enough to play OLB in our 3-4. He would get swallowed up by OT's. He already did when he was a rookie when they tried him at OLB. ILB is where he needs to be and he will keep improving.

supa_fly_steeler
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree. His strength is to obviously rush the passer with a fiery.

His strength is this...

http://www.webcosmoforums.com/attachments/general-talk/210d1243440279-do-you-think-big-ass-makes-girl-more-sexy-ass.jpg

wait... sorry that's bens strength

pancake
08-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I would love to see a big year out of Timmons...

heath83
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I recently had the pleasure of meeting Lawrence, he is a really really nice guy. I would love to see a great year out of him! He also said in his blog that he would like to make the Pro Bowl and have 17 or 18 sacks! That would be absolutely sick. Good luck timmons!

SteelBlaze1
08-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Always happy to see someone work hard. To be great, you must work hard...even if you are blessed with great talent. I hope he accomplishes his goals...it will only help our defense be great. Go Steelers!

FourThreeMafia
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
His strength is this...

http://www.webcosmoforums.com/attachments/general-talk/210d1243440279-do-you-think-big-ass-makes-girl-more-sexy-ass.jpg

No, thats Ben's weakness.

steeltheone
08-08-2010, 06:53 PM
His strength is this...

She is amazing!

pete74
08-09-2010, 04:13 AM
Timmons is not playing out of position at all. He is not physical enough to play OLB in our 3-4. He would get swallowed up by OT's. He already did when he was a rookie when they tried him at OLB. ILB is where he needs to be and he will keep improving.

he had 7 sacks last season when they let him rush and that is very good for the limited chances he had. i think timmons and woodley at OLB would be the best duo for the next 7 years but it will never happen.

SteelCityKing
08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
weird....that's my kryptonite...haha!

Steelerfreak58
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
No, thats Ben's weakness.

Put me on the list for being weak too then!:tt03:

FourThreeMafia
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
too big and i dont comprehend of them why should do this
www.america-jerseys.com

Please die.

As for Timmons...People overlook that he is only 24. He was a project player coming out and is now at the age alot of players are just coming into the league. Even though he still has alot to learn, he has improved each year in the league.

And for those saying that he needs to move to OLB...no, just...no. He has great speed off the edge, no doubt, but he doesnt have the pass rush technique or the shedding skills to be an consistently effective OLB. Its not all about sacks...its about being a threat to get off blocks and get after the QB on every down, like Harrison and Woodley.

Timmons needs a change of position, but not OLB. He needs to be moving into Farrior's spot. Timmons is strong in coverage and good in pursuit. If Farrior continues to struggle early on, I want to see Timmons in his spot and Foote back playing the buck. Hopefully, Sylvester can transition to the NFL and give us a good ILB tandem for the forseeable future.

Steelerfreak58
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Timmons is solid money. He will be awesome this year without the ankle injury if he stays healthy.

SteelKnight
08-12-2010, 11:28 PM
he had 7 sacks last season when they let him rush and that is very good for the limited chances he had. i think timmons and woodley at OLB would be the best duo for the next 7 years but it will never happen.

So he had 7 sacks and 4 FF and only started 13 games. Plus he said e played with a hurt ankle all season long.

In addition I got the sense they were taking im out of the nickel package a bunch (instead of Hampton?). He sounded excited to be in nickel this year. I think if they have to bench a LB it will be Farrior.

my prediction ...13.5 sacks