PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray want's out of Bal.

JerseySTEEL
02-13-2006, 06:00 PM
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 10:37 a.m. ET Feb. 12, 2006

Superstar linebacker Ray Lewis doesn't want to play for the Baltimore Ravens anymore, the Baltimore Sun reported Saturday, citing unnamed sources close to the linebacker.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said Lewis hasn't told the team that, but Newsome did say Lewis had requested to be traded before the 2005 season, the Sun reported. Lewis also met with Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti recently in Florida, Newsome told the Sun.

The Ravens have asked around to gauge interest in Lewis, but no team has offered more than a second-round pick for the linebacker, the newspaper reported, citing unnamed league sources.

Lewis battled injuries all last season, playing in just six games and recording 46 tackles.

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 06:07 PM
I posted it in a couple of other threads but supposedly Lewis and Billick weren't on talking terms towards the end of the season and that Ray wanted to redo his contract again and was asking for truck load of cash.

I don't know what's worse........Ray doing his stupid chicken dance on the field or having to listen to him as a commentator/reporter.
I'm still trying to figure out why he was included in the Superbowl Post-game Show??

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
And, before anyone brings it up, Killah Ray would NOT look good in the black & gold!

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
And, before anyone brings it up, Killah Ray would NOT look good in the black & gold!

He'd really look good...out of the league.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
An orange jump suit would be cool!

He is great! But he is all about himself, I remember last off season, I was sick of him talking about winning an MVP!

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
this story is one that has been brewing since pre season. the ravens are in trouble with ed reed, not wanting to play 2nd fiddle and coming on a contract year, jamal wanting big bucks, and lewis not wanting to play 2nd fiddle AND make less money than ed reed. ozzie newsome spoke on it and reeds potential holdout before last season on sirius radio (this was the same interview where he said any of the steelers teams were easilly the greatest team of all time). he sternly said that those players are under contract and they will not negotiate with reed until his conract is up and if they had to franchise lewis they would have no problems doing it. (of course this was before j. lewis sucked this season)

word is ray wants to go play with marvin lewis in cincinatti. you know he would love nothing more to push that bengals team over the edge in contending with pittsburgh for the division and potental sb berth. ray ray is all about the rings and his legacy now and you can bet his licking his chops seiing the black and gold with the crown. he wont get no satisfaction in baltimore. they are going nowhere

blackngoldbaby
02-13-2006, 07:46 PM
THATS WERE RAY RAY NEEDS 2 GO 2 THE BUNGELS AND I HOPE AND PRAY WE DONT SEE HIM IN PITTSBURGH THIS SEASON!!:blurp:

BlackNGold203
02-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I bet half that team wants to be away from that egomaniac Billick...

Wasn't he supposed to be an offensive genius???

LambertIsGod58
02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I'd take Ray Lewis in a heartbeat....money is a different issue. But, I'd love to have him on my team.

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Here is the link to the Baltimore Sun story that NBC cited.

Lewis is making $5.5 million next season, has 3 years to go on his current contract, and is on the downside of his career.

Lewis may have one more great season left in him if properly motivated, but I do not know how the Bengals could take Lewis on board and avoid major salary cap problems, especially since it is my recollection that the contracts for the entire Bengals O-line run out simultaneously at the end of 2006.

The Ravens are in a mess.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I'd take Ray Lewis in a heartbeat....money is a different issue. But, I'd love to have him on my team.

In what capacity? LB coach? Ball fetcher? Water Boy? It's just so over, and he's a horrible fit for us...we had Kirkland and we let him go before he'd deteriorated as much as Ray has.

The mistake that cost the Steelers in the past has been rewarding past performance instead of future capabilities. Ray's time is way past...

Tha rock
02-14-2006, 05:11 AM
i hopr my raiders grab him up!

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Killah Ray and the Faiders were absolutely built for each other. A rapidly aging player who has lost 2 steps getting vastly overpaid based on past reputation...I'm sure the rest of the AFC West would love to see it.

Ruck Fules
02-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I heard that they might trade him to Minnesota for Daunte Culpepper.

NJarhead
02-15-2006, 12:53 PM

You've GOT to be kidding. He yaps too much. I remember reports last year about the locker room being divided because of him. He's too self-centered. Besides, we don't need him and remember the crack he made when Joey P got shot? FK O'Ray!

Mr. Clean
02-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Ray Lewis is almost finished in the NFL. His injury problems began in 2002, and 2006 would be his 11th NFL season. Linebackers usually don't last that long and remain effective.

He could help some team playing in a part time role, at a much lower salary. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ratbirds release him.

boLT fan
02-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Killah Ray and the Faiders were absolutely built for each other. A rapidly aging player who has lost 2 steps getting vastly overpaid based on past reputation...I'm sure the rest of the AFC West would love to see it.

I'd love nothing more than to see LT have another convict/Raider to run over two times a year.

silver & black
02-15-2006, 07:24 PM
I agree with you. We always seem to grab aging, past their prime superstars, and pay them way too much. I don't want Lewis anywhere near Oakland. We don't need him for any reason.