PDA

View Full Version : Indoor football should be banned!

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Peyton Manning couldnt get a handle on the wet Pro Bowl football yesterday. Maybe he isn`t use to the great outdoors! In a sport as manly as football, lets quit building the indoor arena`s. The NFL really ought to take a look at NOT adding to there indoor cities. I know the Jets have one in mind.

Oh by the way POOR PEYTON! LOL

SteelerDan43
02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
If you wana play football inside go to the AFL, NFL football should be outside only

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Only Arena/Indoor Leagues should be Indoors. The Retractable Roof At the new Colts stadium should not even been installed. Indoor Football is for ARENA/INDOOR Leagues. The NFL was made for the outdoors.

Livinginthe past
02-14-2006, 02:10 AM
I agree 100%.

An outdoor game gives the greatest possible variation in game conditions - dry and sunny, wet and mild, snow and ice.......

The NFL have been trying to increase scoring in the NFL over the last few years, with the implementation of new rules - which all punish the defense.

Do football fans really want to see 51-45 shoot outs every week?

I know I dont.

I love to see supposedly 'elite' QB's try and master new conditions - they have the chips stacked in their favor too much already with next to no contact being allowed anymore.

Defense still has a huge part to play in the NFL - I love the big plays, the big hits, the crunch plays on 4th and 1.

The next logical step for the NFL is to neutralise the natural weather elements - meaning more indoor domes.

I hope they hold some sort of referendum on this before they try and implement it.

If I wanted to watch end to end scoring i'd watch basketball.

NM

BlackNGold203
02-14-2006, 06:52 AM
I agree...football should be played outdoors.....no question.

Please keep in mind...northern cities will always consider indoor facilities in the hopes of landing a Super Bowl...(i.e. Detroit and Minneapolis)...

DIESELMAN
02-14-2006, 07:40 AM
NFL should be outdoors including the Super Bowl!!!!!

FisherMOM
02-14-2006, 07:53 AM
I agree too! It was sad watching them try to hold that ball Sunday!

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM
I like outdoor games. Attention teams with roofs on their stadiums. Rip em off replace your turf with grass and get those jerseys MUDDY!

SteelerDan43
02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Its absurd when a team in Minnesota of all places plays indoors, they should be outside!!!! It could be one of the better home field advantages in the winter!

Ruck Fules
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Its absurd when a team in Minnesota of all places plays indoors, they should be outside!!!! It could be one of the better home field advantages in the winter!

They are getting one but it will have a retractable roof cuz they wanna host a Super Bowl. They only way the NFL would have a Super Bowl in a Northern city is if it's indoors.

SteelerDan43
02-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I heard they had plans to build one, did they finally get all the financing stuff worked out??

Brady12
02-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Suits them right, if they don't wanna win a championship, they don't have to :)

melroseplace
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I think having an outdoor stadium is an advantage for teams...you learn to play under the worst conditions possible, so then when there are nice conditions you play even better football

Chronicgaming
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I think having an outdoor stadium is an advantage for teams...you learn to play under the worst conditions possible, so then when there are nice conditions you play even better football

True, but teams used to outdoor conditions should remember to practice their silent count before going into loud stadiums like the RCA Dome. The results were great once the Steelers realized that before the playoff game in Indy.

HburgXL06
02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Da NFL may want higher scorin games but if all da conditions are da same who is gonna really remember them? Sure it's great to watch two teams go head to head and battle it out but what makes it more fun is da added element of well.......da elements of nature. How great is it to watch your team win when da field is bein buried in snow, or drowned in rain, or bogged down wit mud. Each condition brings a new type of added excitement to da game and can show a team where there weaknesses are if they are not used to playin in those conditions. You can better appreciate big plays and super players by how they react and work in all environments. Anybody can do amazin things when da conditions are just right, what makes them great or awesome is seein them makin big plays when da conditions are downright shitty. You love da players who will put themselves out there no matter what and you learn da true character of players who "don't want to get messy."

When it comes to fans also any fanbase can sound loud and imposin in a dome, after all where is da sound supposed to go? If you can be loud and imposin outdoors (Like Steelers fans we have da added element of cheerin AND da Terrible Towels) then you must truly have a loyal and hardcore fanbase.

No more domes...keep it natural and be outdoors. Peace.

BuFu