PDA

View Full Version : Support Ben

Big
07-31-2010, 12:50 PM
If you travel to Latrobe or go to the games in Pittsburgh, let Ben know most fans support him and would never boo him. Also, let Roger Goodell know that over punishing a white guy is not the answer to the leagues problems. Guys such as Vince Young and Cedric Benson receive nothing, not even a fine. Both were either arrested or charged with a crime. VY was even caught on tape..........Roger Goodell can be reached at 212.450.2027, this is his real number and he has been known to return your calls.

Support Ben :tt04::tt04::tt02::tt02::tt::tt::tt03::tt03:

Griff
07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
I'd like to see him traded ASAP. We are not the Ravens after all. I'm sorry my first post here is a wet blanket, but I have daughters.

whatdoiknow
07-31-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd like to see him traded ASAP. We are not the Ravens after all. I'm sorry my first post here is a wet blanket, but I have daughters.

So what, you have daughters, what does that mean ? Does that mean girls can't lie ? ***** around ? Extort people ? Cause that's what it clearly looked to me. Especially in the Nevada Incident. As for the Georgia thing, why are you making that girl out as Mother Teresa ? I mean it was CONFIRMED that she had been dringking before she met up with Ben's party. It is CONFIRMED that she not only had on a button that said DTF, but according to one of her friends who was there earlier, she had Invited Ben back to her sorority house...what kind of sweet...Innocent girl does that ? For you to outright say trade Ben, when he was NEVER Arrested, charged, convicted,,,or even brought in to be questioned,,,and say trade him. But you DON'T say trade James Harrison who ADMITTED he hit the mother of his child, or ever called for the trading of Santonio, or the countless of other steeler players who HAVE been arrested, or cited for criminal offenses only makes you look ridicously dumb. So please...get off your Daughters comment..( No pun Intended )

Big
07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
You have daughters???? Any idiot can have kids......not saying you are one, but that comment leans you in that direction. You speak as if Ben admitted to raping the girl or he was arrested for doing so, but he wasn't. All you have to go on is the media feeding frenzy that wanted nothing more than headlines.

It's peeps like this Ben is afraid of........

steelerzfannforever
07-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Its people like you that totally disgust me.

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Its people like you that totally disgust me.

Wow! Really??!! A guy that makes a stand against the type of behavior that Ben exhibited disgusts you? But you're cool with Ben? He doesn't disgust you?! I'm shocked that so many of you think Ben is innocent.

I'm all for giving him another chance & I can certainly forgive, but don't be stupid enough to think that he didn't do anything wrong. The girl in this case obviously put herself in a compromising position, but that certainly doesn't mean Ben didn't take advantage of her.

If Ben played for the Ravens and pulled this stunt you guys would be tearing him up.

Big
07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow! Really??!! A guy that makes a stand against the type of behavior that Ben exhibited disgusts you? But you're cool with Ben? He doesn't disgust you?! I'm shocked that so many of you think Ben is innocent.

I'm all for giving him another chance & I can certainly forgive, but don't be stupid enough to think that he didn't do anything wrong. The girl in this case obviously put herself in a compromising position, but that certainly doesn't mean Ben didn't take advantage of her.

If Ben played for the Ravens and pulled this stunt you guys would be tearing him up.

The girl was drunk, as were her friends, and they made something out of nothing. Im sure Ben wasnt the perfect gentleman, but what ever happened, Im convinced happened with TWO willing participants

supa_fly_steeler
07-31-2010, 03:17 PM
ben didnt rape her, but he did get her drunk, thats why im pissed with him, the irresponsible ****** of the afc north... he should of known better....

.... id rather have a bar brawler in the league than a dude that has been accused of rape... twice

he still deserves a year for his rapist crimes. burn and cut off his balls and penis.

whatdoiknow
07-31-2010, 03:19 PM

You're shocked that so may of us think Ben is Innocent ??? Hey my UNEDUCATED Boy, in this country we have what is known as a " Persumption of Innocence " In other words, to be GUILTY, one has to be arrested, charged, convicted,,ect,,ect. Is any of this filtering down that dome you call a head ? Oh and BTW,,,Can you give me my Lucky Lotto numbers tonight ? I mean I'm assuming you can since you can ASSume that we ALL would be doing this and that IF Ben was a Raven. Cause I can assure you that many years ago, when Ray Lewis was ACTUALLY Arrested, and charged, and brought to trial,,I as a steeler fan totally supported him, and presumed him Innocent...not until a jury SAYS he is Guilty. No one here has said that Ben showed some poor decision making by allowing himself into an enviorment in Georgia for another woman to accuse him of something, especially with the Nevada accusations still out there...even though THAT was not, or never a LEGAL matter..but a CIVIL one. Ah, I will ASSume you do know the difference between " Law & Order ",,,and Judge Judy! But Ben was NEVER...EVER under ANY sort of Legal Investigation whatsoever in Nevada. Just a woman filing a 100,000 dollar suit against him for Sexual Assault...a year after the fact. Kinda nice of her to wait a whole year huh ?...that way there would be NO records of Ben calling her to say his room TV did not work, or video of the hallways into Ben's room, that IF she would have reported it when it allegedly happened,,,we would have KNOWN If she Indeed did receive a call from Ben. And we would have KNOWN if she did Indeed go to Ben's room, cause the Hotel Video would have shown it. And we could have SEEN her exit his room afterwards, and see if she looked like she was assaulted.

Ah but alas,,she did not report it right away. And since NO Hotels keep those videos, or call recordings more than 6 to 8 months,,,I guess we will never know huh MENSA ?

Oh but I forgot,,,he IS Guilty according to you. And since you are obviously a card-carrying member of " Dionne Warwick';s Psychic friends network "...we should ALL just bow down to you,,,and accept that Ben is a guilty as Hell Rapist.

Is that about right ?:chuckle::rofl::chuckle::rofl:

Griff
07-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Ben's late night antics, whatever they amount to in truth, don't reflect well on the organization. He is supposed to be a team leader and the face of the organization and he is not up to the challenge. The bottom line with Ben is that he is either suffering from brain damage and not responsible for his erratic behavior or stunningly disconnected from reality. If he has TBI he needs the support of the Steelers, but should never step on the playing field again. The pattern of complaints from women have been with him a long time and in my opinion are too serious to ignore. Thanks for the support SteeleReign. I appreciate it.

whatdoiknow
07-31-2010, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Griff;831867 The pattern of complaints from women have been with him a long time and in my opinion are too serious to ignore.

What Pattern ? And how is going out on your BIRTHDAY to a club considered " Late night Antics " When or where have you EVER seen a story about Ben being a constant Bar hoper ? And please link us the site. No my friend, YOU are the Idiot here. And I feel sorry for your Daughters since they are OBVIOUSLY the result of you and your wife..( Sister )..Inbred sexual activities!!

The pattern of complaints from women have been with him for a LONG time. Then Gee MENSA,,Please direct us to whatever other message board where you demanded Ben be traded a long time ago. I mean since according to you these Egregious actions have been associated with Ben for a long long time.

Or are you just another Uneducated, Ignorant, Nancy Grace-Lovin' IDIOT! who believes what Nancy Grace says on her show ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Judging by your personal attacks, sub-par English skills, and general state of arrogance, I would guess you to be about 19-20 years old. Am I close?

When the days comes that you have children (should you be lucky enough), I imagine your outlook on Ben's reckless behavior may be different. Neither Griff, nor I made an outright accusation that Ben raped the girl. We simply stated that his behavior, in general, is questionable at best and deserves the punishment meted out by Goodell.

Again, Ben may or may not have raped her ( just because he wasn't charged or arrested certainly doesn't mean he didn't), but where there's smoke there's fire...and there's a lot of smoke surrounding that night in Georgia.

Your opinion is just as valid as ours, and would carry more weight if you could express it without personally attacking those that disagree.

Bottom line...I hope that Ben has changed and I will hold my boos & applause until he's proven it (to me)......or until he leads us to a blowout over Cleveland in week 6...

:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=Griff;831867 The pattern of complaints from women have been with him a long time and in my opinion are too serious to ignore.

What Pattern ? And how is going out on your BIRTHDAY to a club considered " Late night Antics " When or where have you EVER seen a story about Ben being a constant Bar hoper ? And please link us the site. No my friend, YOU are the Idiot here. And I feel sorry for your Daughters since they are OBVIOUSLY the result of you and your wife..( Sister )..Inbred sexual activities!!

The pattern of complaints from women have been with him for a LONG time. Then Gee MENSA,,Please direct us to whatever other message board where you demanded Ben be traded a long time ago. I mean since according to you these Egregious actions have been associated with Ben for a long long time.

Or are you just another Uneducated, Ignorant, Nancy Grace-Lovin' IDIOT! who believes what Nancy Grace says on her show ?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Ben's late night antics, whatever they amount to in truth, don't reflect well on the organization. He is supposed to be a team leader and the face of the organization and he is not up to the challenge. The bottom line with Ben is that he is either suffering from brain damage and not responsible for his erratic behavior or stunningly disconnected from reality. If he has TBI he needs the support of the Steelers, but should never step on the playing field again. The pattern of complaints from women have been with him a long time and in my opinion are too serious to ignore. Thanks for the support SteeleReign. I appreciate it.

No problem Griff. I tend to believe he lost connection with reality and let stardom get to his head a bit. I can understand it to a point...money, women, money, more women, Super Bowl rings, women, money.........it would be hard for any young man to walk the straight and narrow.

I guess my opinion of Ben took a nosedive when I started hearing about how he treated fans & other people in the general public. He comes across as very arrogant & almighty & has that Barry Bonds "my s**t don't stink" attitude.

I've seen it at Latrobe. His first couple of years he signed autographs, talked to the kids and fans, smiled, etc....now...he takes a golf cart off the back of the fields and goes straight to the dorms without so much as a wave to the fans. I suspect that will change this year....

supa_fly_steeler
07-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Ah but alas,,she did not report it right away. And since NO Hotels keep those videos, or call recordings more than 6 to 8 months,,,I guess we will never know huh MENSA ?

Oh but I forgot,,,he IS Guilty according to you. And since you are obviously a card-carrying member of " Dionne Warwick';s Psychic friends network "...we should ALL just bow down to you,,,and accept that Ben is a guilty as Hell Rapist.

Is that about right ?:chuckle::rofl::chuckle::rofl:

whats a mensa? lol

yeah, we should think he is a dirty rapist lol, he should get raped by some dude, and then experience what it is like lol.

first case is gold digger, second case it seems he took advantage of a girl, maybe she wanted to **** him, but not at that time, but when the good times were rollin she just continued....

smh.

aclark99
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Supa fly steeler......your comments regarding this is totally out of line considering the pic you post with your posts....look in the mirror my friend!!!!!!

Griff
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/sports/football/30quarterback.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=sports)

But Roethlisberger’s behavior, by many accounts, changed after he won his first Super Bowl, in February 2006. Four months later, he sustained head injuries in a motorcycle crash. He was not wearing a helmet. As Roethlisberger became a fixture in Pittsburgh bars and clubs, word spread about his boorish manner.

Throughout the Pittsburgh area, he developed a reputation among waiters and bartenders for leaving without paying and, if he did pay, for tipping poorly. His behavior toward women grew increasingly aggressive and demanding, with those he dated and those he encountered at nightclubs, those who know him said.

“It got to the extent the past two or three years that it was a phenomenon,” said Jesse Herrle, general manager of Tad’s on East Carson, a bar on Pittsburgh’s trendy South Side. “It grew into something he lost control of and it turned on him. He became a joke in this town and, in my industry, a laughingstock. People knew when he was in a bar or out and about; he was a punch line.”

The narrative as Evans relates it would point to traumatic brain injury. Whether or not the behavior dates back to college is a good question that I have no answer for. I was a huge Ben fan, but I'm not blind. I hope he gets the help he needs.

whatdoiknow
07-31-2010, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=supa_fly_steeler;831871]whats a mensa? lol

MENSA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Supa fly steeler......your comments regarding this is totally out of line considering the pic you post with your posts....look in the mirror my friend!!!!!!

You realize he's being sarcastic, right?! Or are you trying to be sarcastic as well?

huntingteacher
07-31-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd be happy if we traded him too. He is a creep. I support the fellow who has daughters. We all make mistakes, but Ben was all too willing to take her drunkeness and tag her in the bathroom, while his guards kepted her friends out from stopping him. That disgusts me!!!!

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd be happy if we traded him too. He is a creep. I support the fellow who has daughters. We all make mistakes, but Ben was all too willing to take her drunkeness and tag her in the bathroom, while his guards kepted her friends out from stopping him. That disgusts me!!!!

Good point! Rape or not, his actions are disgusting. Now, let's hope he's learned his lesson and becomes a good example of what playing for this franchise means!

supa_fly_steeler
07-31-2010, 06:50 PM

Your so Fuging stupid, I HAVENT RAPED OR MADE A GIRL DRUNK

I can get ***** without making a girl intoxicated, Ben can't.

supa_fly_steeler
07-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Good point! Rape or not, his actions are disgusting. Now, let's hope he's learned his lesson and becomes a good example of what playing for this franchise means!

he wont learn until we get someone like big bob off harold and kumar to level the terms, bens a rapist.

SteeleReign
07-31-2010, 07:57 PM
he wont learn until we get someone like big bob off harold and kumar to level the terms, bens a rapist.

I don't know that he's a rapist, but he sure needs to stop acting like an idiot.

supa_fly_steeler
07-31-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't know that he's a rapist, but he sure needs to stop acting like an idiot.

he is the resident mall flasher

Big
08-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Ben has a side to this story too and he flat out denies doing anything that wasn't consensual. This was a media lynching plain and simple. What sells? Certainly not Ben's side of the story. Read the full police report.....

SteeleReign
08-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Ben has a side to this story too and he flat out denies doing anything that wasn't consensual. This was a media lynching plain and simple. What sells? Certainly not Ben's side of the story. Read the full police report.....

Really? Ben flat out denied doing anything non-consensual? What a surprise! Ben's side of this story carries as much weight as the girl's side of this story, so we're left to decide for ourselves what we think happened.

Big
08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Really? Ben flat out denied doing anything non-consensual? What a surprise! Ben's side of this story carries as much weight as the girl's side of this story, so we're left to decide for ourselves what we think happened.

The girl was talked into saying Ben forced himself on her...It was her dramatic drunk friends that over reacted and it hit the media so fast there was no time to retract when they sobered up.....You can see Ben is innocent just by reading the full police report. Why do you think the story completely died when it came out?

scsteeler
08-01-2010, 12:29 PM
If you travel to Latrobe or go to the games in Pittsburgh, let Ben know most fans support him and would never boo him. Also, let Roger Goodell know that over punishing a white guy is not the answer to the leagues problems. Guys such as Vince Young and Cedric Benson receive nothing, not even a fine. Both were either arrested or charged with a crime. VY was even caught on tape..........Roger Goodell can be reached at 212.450.2027, this is his real number and he has been known to return your calls.

Support Ben :tt04::tt04::tt02::tt02::tt::tt::tt03::tt03:

Quick Question what does Ben being white have to do with this? Bad Behavior is Bad Behavior no matter the color or is this just a prejudice issue with you.

pittguy578
08-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Ben was singled out because he is white. Vince Young got into a FIGHT at a STRIP CLUB and was arrested.
That doesn't look bad on the league? Star QB getting into fights in a STRIP CLUB and NO SUSPENSION?
Cedric Benson-arrested in a bar fight and charged-NOT SUSPENDED-not even for a single game?
Roger is a total dumb ass. I am going to start a facebook protest group and will try to recruit as many members as possible

scsteeler
08-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Ben was singled out because he is white. Vince Young got into a FIGHT at a STRIP CLUB and was arrested.
That doesn't look bad on the league? Star QB getting into fights in a STRIP CLUB and NO SUSPENSION?
Cedric Benson-arrested in a bar fight and charged-NOT SUSPENDED-not even for a single game?
Roger is a total dumb ass. I am going to start a facebook protest group and will try to recruit as many members as possible

Who singled him out? I am as in much support for Ben as you are! I also agree with your Roger Quote. Ben has learned that he will need to conduct himself better and he will be better for it so try supporting that.

On the other guys Young & Benson them not being suspended should not be looked at as just a white or black thing if you do that then all arguments for wrong doing are validated by your comments on the opposite side if something is done to someone that is black. Trying look at each situation as different ones and until you have all the info and facts you can only speculate.

steelerchad
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
whats a mensa? lol

yeah, we should think he is a dirty rapist lol, he should get raped by some dude, and then experience what it is like lol.

first case is gold digger, second case it seems he took advantage of a girl, maybe she wanted to **** him, but not at that time, but when the good times were rollin she just continued....

smh.

I think you got it about right. Anyone who's done any reading up on the first incident knows it was total BS. The second incident, I'm not so sure of, but I think you're probably right on that as well. A little too much alcohol from both involved, some flirtation from both, and then, oh no I can't do that from her and oh yes you can from Ben and it's on. Rape? probably not. Coersing a young, drunk girl into doing something she maybe wouldn't have sober? probably.

Problem is the media jumped on the story and rode it long and hard and all the people who knew nothing of the first story saw this is his second "offense" and presumed him guilty. Has he behaved like you want the face of your franchise to? Certainly not. But I don't think he's a criminal either.

Steelers17
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
So what, you have daughters, what does that mean ? Does that mean girls can't lie ? ***** around ? Extort people ? Cause that's what it clearly looked to me. Especially in the Nevada Incident. As for the Georgia thing, why are you making that girl out as Mother Teresa ? I mean it was CONFIRMED that she had been dringking before she met up with Ben's party. It is CONFIRMED that she not only had on a button that said DTF, but according to one of her friends who was there earlier, she had Invited Ben back to her sorority house...what kind of sweet...Innocent girl does that ? For you to outright say trade Ben, when he was NEVER Arrested, charged, convicted,,,or even brought in to be questioned,,,and say trade him. But you DON'T say trade James Harrison who ADMITTED he hit the mother of his child, or ever called for the trading of Santonio, or the countless of other steeler players who HAVE been arrested, or cited for criminal offenses only makes you look ridicously dumb. So please...get off your Daughters comment..( No pun Intended )

He will settle the Reno rape case rather than defend himself in front of a jury of his peers! I know, he is just too busy etc. to take the stand and tell the world that he did not commit a gross offense!

whatdoiknow
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
He will settle the Reno rape case rather than defend himself in front of a jury of his peers! I know, he is just too busy etc. to take the stand and tell the world that he did not commit a gross offense!

The woman is sueing Ben for 100,000 dollars. Ben has already spent way more than that in Legal fees already. It's not about the money. It's about his HONOR. And that my friend HAS no price tag. Ben won't have to go to court cause this case will be tossed out by the judge when he examines it. It is Bogus in every way.

StainlessStill
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I think you got it about right. Anyone who's done any reading up on the first incident knows it was total BS. The second incident, I'm not so sure of, but I think you're probably right on that as well. A little too much alcohol from both involved, some flirtation from both, and then, oh no I can't do that from her and oh yes you can from Ben and it's on. Rape? probably not. Coersing a young, drunk girl into doing something she maybe wouldn't have sober? probably.

Problem is the media jumped on the story and rode it long and hard and all the people who knew nothing of the first story saw this is his second "offense" and presumed him guilty. Has he behaved like you want the face of your franchise to? Certainly not. But I don't think he's a criminal either.

Not to mention this chick bar hopping all night and ironically showing up at the same places Ben attended. Give me a break, this chick was so plastered her family knew to not even get involved of what such a dirty ***** their daughter represented.

Ben had no intentions of raping anybody, esp from the Nevada incident. He posed with police outside of the building and mingled with countless number of fans in between. I'm sure they exchanged sexually in a manor of flirting and such, but rape in a 2X4 bathroom with a body guard on the lookout? Come on, this chick didn't even know her name. If rape occurred, don't you think the DA's office would of lowered the boom asap? Instead, they feel it was not necc to charge since there was lack of evidence against forced entry of a rape. Once her fat friends started talking garbage, it took off from there. I don't believe a word this chick said. 0 integrity of her state of mind givin her alcohol level.

Legerity
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM
My suggestation would be for everyone to just let the situation play itself out. Ben was (and will continue to be) punished for his untenable behavior, so the natural progression would be to watch and wait and see how he comports himself from here on. Only time will tell if he learned his lesson. If so, he will, and should, be afforded the opportunity to continue his career. If not, he will undoubtedly be gone.

Oh yeah, those claiming such severe umbrage would maintain a tad more credibility if they weren't objectifying women in picture form with each and every post.

heath83
08-02-2010, 09:36 PM
My suggestation would be for everyone to just let the situation play itself out. Ben was (and will continue to be) punished for his untenable behavior, so the natural progression would be to watch and wait and see how he comports himself from here on. Only time will tell if he learned his lesson. If so, he will, and should, be afforded the opportunity to continue his career. If not, he will undoubtedly be gone.

Oh yeah, those claiming such severe umbrage would maintain a tad more credibility if they weren't objectifying women in picture form with each and every post.

I agree with you here. And I believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe Ben needed to have one of these experiences to get him off his "high horse". Maybe he can finally grow up. We may never know what happened in Nevada or in Georgia, but it is in the past and now Ben is the only one who can change his future.

Griff
08-03-2010, 07:55 AM
You guys are probably right about just letting the situation develop. I was and am uncomfortable with fans giving whole-hearted support to the guy when he has done little (off the field) to earn it. I don't want our guys booed, but I think unreserved cheer-leading feeds his wacked self-image which is causing him so many problems. Let's hope he cleans up his act.

alex
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
as a player, he needs to be more careful. He may not rape her and he should not act like an idiot any more.