PDA

View Full Version : NFL to open 2006 season with Steelers in prime time?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5329358?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

A possible double header with the black n gold leading the way..

lotas
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
thats cool...dont have to wait as long for next season to come!!! who would it be against i wonder?

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, I kinda like the special attention. But it sure was nice playing the " Backs Against the Wall" role.

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I've liked the Thursday NFL Openers.........but not with the Steelers.
That means 10 days in between the next game.........that's almost like having another bye week in the season. :grin:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I've liked the Thursday NFL Openers.........but not with the Steelers.
That means 10 days in between the next game.........that's almost like having another bye week in the season. :grin:

It'll be the first game of the season on Thursday night so the NFL can show the ceremonies at Hines Field.

Ambridge
02-13-2006, 05:43 PM
It'll be the first game of the season on Thursday night so the NFL can show the ceremonies at Hines Field.

That's a good point.

I'd love to see the Steelers raise a banner or flag for being the Superbowl XL Champions.

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 05:44 PM
cowher better not be thinking this coaching deal is getting easy. next year he faces his biggest task keeping the team focussed on a repeat. all the extra attention such as openning up on thursday night will add to his challenge but he is up to it. it will be nice seeing them all the time in primetime for another year.

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
cowher better not be thinking this coaching deal is getting easy. next year he faces his biggest task keeping the team focussed on a repeat. all the extra attention such as openning up on thursday night will add to his challenge but he is up to it. it will be nice seeing them all the time in primetime for another year.
Yeah but just the fact that we can say REPEAT is sweet

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah but just the fact that we can say REPEAT is sweet indeed cleve! so sweet!:cool:

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2006, 06:17 PM
thats cool...dont have to wait as long for next season to come!!! who would it be against i wonder?

Here are the home games next season:

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Miami

Rematch of the AFC Championship Game would seem to be the logical choice to open the 2006 season in prime time.

4xSBChamps
02-13-2006, 06:18 PM
who would it be against i wonder?
....since this'll be NBC's first game in several seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL gave 'em a high-end, marque-game against a contending playov team:
my $$$$$ would-be on the Bungles, with all the 'Carson-Palmer-was-hurt' hype.....

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:21 PM
carson wont be ready to play by then. a steeler blow out over rob johnson or whatever qb they just signed wont be as appealing as denver.

4xSBChamps
02-13-2006, 06:25 PM
carson wont be ready to play by then.
..... that wouldn't stop NBC from 'hyping' the game along-those-lines, though.....

Do we play Denver in '06?

I can't remember how to figure the opponents anymore..... I just 'assumed' we'd draw the 6 divisional games, the NFC South, all three 2nd-place AFC teams, and a 'random' 1st, 3rd, and 4th-place AFC team.....

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
..... that wouldn't stop NBC from 'hyping' the game along-those-lines, though.....

Do we play Denver in '06?

I can't remember how to figure the opponents anymore..... I just 'assumed' we'd draw the 6 divisional games, the NFC South, all three 2nd-place AFC teams, and a 'random' 1st, 3rd, and 4th-place AFC team..... yeah we play the afc west

4xSBChamps
02-13-2006, 06:30 PM
yeah we play the afc west
..... if that is correct, I'd say that Denver would be the best 'marque'-style game that NBC would want.
:cheers:

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
..... if that is correct, I'd say that Denver would be the best 'marque'-style game that NBC would want.
:cheers:

especially if they land t.o. wether the nfl loves him or hates him they know he = ratings.

4xSBChamps
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
especially if they land t.o.
Yeah..... they'd have the 2 'extremes' of modern-day NFL-receivers:
Ego/azz-hat in Turdell Ownself versus 'hit-and-grin' Hines Ward.

..... maybe T.O. can ruin team-unity on THERE, too!!!!!
:screwy:

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
last time they played, hines did break out with that awesome mock eagle flap dance in the endzone.

maybe in the opener hines can use my idea and ride the pylon like a bucking bronco! lol

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2006, 06:46 PM
I got the Super Bowl Game program. In The Program their is a section called looking ahead. Under that section the Opening night game IS September 7th and the 1st game is to be played at the home of the Super Bowl Champion(Being The Steelers).

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Actually, I hate all the pomp and hyperbole associated with these kinds of games. Hopefully the Steelers stay focused as Champions...

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Actually, I hate all the pomp and hyperbole associated with these kinds of games. Hopefully the Steelers stay focused as Champions... i hear ya but it could be worse. it could be the patriots vs the randy moss led raiders.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Damn, I kinda like the special attention. But it sure was nice playing the " Backs Against the Wall" role.

Dont worry bro, everybody and their brother will be touting the colts, chargers, and Pats as the Super Bowl XLI champs at the beginning of the season so we'll have more than enough motivation come game time :tt:

atrus20
02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Dont worry bro, everybody and their brother will be touting the colts, chargers, and Pats as the Super Bowl XLI champs at the beginning of the season so we'll have more than enough motivation come game time :tt:

Thats fine with me. Let those teams have all the media pressure of being expected champs and choke. <cough>COLTS!<cough> We'll just get in the playoffs and "shock" the rest of the league again! :sign01:

augustashark
02-13-2006, 09:42 PM
maybe in the opener hines can use my idea and ride the pylon like a bucking bronco! lol

Come on Tony.....Riding the pylon like a bucking bronco is your idea? I thought of it first!:sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
02-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Sure is sweet to be a season ticketholder!

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:16 AM
i hear ya but it could be worse. it could be the patriots vs the randy moss led raiders.

That overblown hype-fest was nauseating...I hope and pray the Steelers keep the NFL in check and do something a little more classy and understated.

4xSBChamps
02-14-2006, 08:21 AM
That overblown hype-fest was nauseating...I hope and pray the Steelers keep the NFL in check and do something a little more classy and understated.
:iagree:
I really can't see either the Rooney family, or Cowher, adopting a 'a-whooga-whooga-isk' -type celebration on national TV.....

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 09:31 AM
..... Steelers keep the NFL in check and do something a little more classy and understated.

you mean like christina aguilerra shaking her see through panty cladd ass at mid field as she belts out a 6 minute version of the american anthem? :sofunny:

Ambridge
02-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Here are the home games next season:

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Miami

Damn!!
Kansas City is actually a home game for the Steelers!?!

The Chiefs haven't traveled to Pittsburgh since 1989.