PDA

View Full Version : c. knaus banned from all daytona 500 activities

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
to remove all doubt that team hendrick will be cheating harder than ever to win the championship, c. knaus has been suspended for restrictor plate template violations in yesterdays qualifying for this years daytona 500. this on the heels of jeff gordon needing almost 4 and a half hours to make it through pre-qualification inspections.

i heard alot of accusations of dei receiving illegal restrictor plates from nascar, mostly from hendrick fans. this is very odd considering recent hendrick dominance on the 2.5+ mile tracks. nevermind that chevy has dominated at these since the dALE sr. days.

doesnt matter. this race will still come down to the hendrick, childress, gibbs teams. maybe earnhardt jr can squeak up in there.

daleemnm
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Good. Since he's had multiple penalties, they should suspend him for awhile.

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Good. Since he's had multiple penalties, they should suspend him for awhile. it looks like they will wait until after the 500 to decide the length of the penalties which means if johnson sucks in the race knaus will be welcomed back. if he does real well they may suspend him another race or 2 just to prove a point. last thing they wanna do is hurt jj's chances by over penalizing his cheating crewcheif.

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow, Tony, that's remarkably "off" for you. The length of Gordon's time in inspection had nothing to do with his car or cheating, but everything to do with how long it takes a car to go through inspection before a race. He qualified last, so it gave them a chance to show how lengthy a process inspection is.

Really, there is no cheating anymore, since it takes 4 1/2 hours to check the car, it's safe to assume NASCAR checks EVERYTHING! Teams try to gain a 1/1000th inch here and there, and they get caught, but that isn't cheating.

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, Tony, that's remarkably "off" for you. The length of Gordon's time in inspection had nothing to do with his car or cheating, but everything to do with how long it takes a car to go through inspection before a race. He qualified last, so it gave them a chance to show how lengthy a process inspection is.

:sofunny: lol. just a warning. i like to trash team hendrick about as much as i do the patriots. the gordon comment was just bait. he got through insp. and got the outside pole. (any suprise?) the same cant be said for cheatin' jimmy! now im a rusty fan so i am pretty unbiassed when i say i think it was pretty rediculous of the hordes of fans (many hendrick) who insinuated that dei was getting hot plates.

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
The best drivers get the best equipment, and Gordon is the best driver in NASCAR, ergo, he gets the biggest money and the best equipment. Johnson benefits, of course, but it's not cheating.

DEI had the best plate program for a couple races, then Hendrick decided that they needed to give Jeff a great plate car, and, low and behold, they did! Why? Cheating? No. Money!

SteelerzGirl
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
the same cant be said for cheatin' jimmy!

Heyyyyyyyy! Don't make me kick your ass...(lol)! Don't you be hatin' on my Jimmie!

I'm so pissed about this! Seems there were a lot of drivers disqualified. What's up with that?

I was just getting ready to post a thread regarding this very thing but you beat me to it, Jimmie hater...(lol).

Here's the article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5329380

P.S. Where the heck is CowherLover? Yoohoo... CowherLover... I see youuuu. It's OK, everyone and everything is OK now...(lol). You can come back to play...(lol). :wink:

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah, well, that article sums it up nicely...Knaus pushes the envelope, and sometimes he gets caught. "Cheating" is a word that doesn't apply in NASCAR anymore...Richard Petty cheated, flat out, bald faced cheating, but there were no Billion dollar contracts and nobody gave a shit back then. How do you think he won 200 races?

SteelerDan43
02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I think a ban for the week is the standard penalty for a restrictor plate violation... as the saying goes in racing, if you aint cheatin you aint tryin

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
"Cheating" is a word that doesn't apply in NASCAR anymore... tell that to harvick and the #29 team. tommy baldwin, right?

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Heyyyyyyyy! Don't make me kick your ass...(lol)! Don't you be hatin' on my Jimmie!

sorry steelersgirl but ive rooted for the #12 (bradshaws #) since the days of mayfield and ryan newman since he joined penske. with rusty retiring its only natural ryan is my driver by default. although the #2 is my car. its only natural that i look at jimmie as the enemy. plus if i wanted to see ernie and bert i would watch sesame st.:sofunny:

daleemnm
02-13-2006, 10:05 PM
tell that to harvick and the #29 team. tommy baldwin, right?

Todd Berrier

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Cheating was running inch wide gaslines through a car to hold an extra gallon of gas, or building oversized engines in underweight cars, blatant things that NASCAR didn't check for when it was a less sophisticated sport. These tiny little infractions are just guys trying to gain a competitive edge, but it's risky because NASCAR checks EVERYTHING now.

43Hitman
02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
I heard today on the radio that this is his 7th offense. And he has personally been fined over $75,000. Now only 3 or 4 of those offenses went through because of the appeal process. Still looks like a pattern is developing here. They also said that he will not be able to appeal this suspension because of the severity of the infraction.

SteelerDan43
02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Sorry it wasnt a restrictor plate issue but a template issue, something about raising the rear window a little

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Makes sense...Knaus came from the #24 team, and there's a good reason why he's regarded as one of the (if not THE) best at what he does...always pushing the envelope.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
i liked k. wallace relaying the story last year that if any of r. penskes team was caught pulling the stunts that berrier did, they would be immediately fired. kind of reminds me of the rooneys abandonning the win at any cost attitude. probably explains rusty going from one of the winningest drivers to being looked at as a has-been living in the past.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Apples and oranges, my friend, apples and oranges.

A Penske driver claiming that RCR has some kind of free pass from NASCAR is worse than laughable.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Apples and oranges, my friend, apples and oranges.

A Penske driver claiming that RCR has some kind of free pass from NASCAR is worse than laughable.

thats k. wallace as in kenny the commentator. i guess i just look at it as an integrity from ownership perspective. wasnt hendrick busted for CHEATING on his taxes, or was he just manipulating the grey areas of the rules/laws? was he trying to gain a competitive edge on fellow tax payers? lol

point being that knaus may be out of a job if he worked for penske.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
thats k. wallace as in kenny the commentator. i guess i just look at it as an integrity from ownership perspective. wasnt hendrick busted for CHEATING on his taxes, or was he just manipulating the grey areas of the rules/laws? was he trying to gain a competitive edge on fellow tax payers? lol

point being that knaus may be out of a job if he worked for penske.

More likely, Penske is trying to manipulate NASCAR and Hendrick into firing Knaus so Penske can sign him. It's the most competitive sport out there, and it sometimes seeps off the track.

I, for one, welcome the COT, because I want to see all the drivers in the exact same equipment with the exact same set-ups. That way the best pure drivers win, and the rest of the bullshit flies out the window.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
More likely, Penske is trying to manipulate NASCAR and Hendrick into firing Knaus so Penske can sign him. It's the most competitive sport out there, and it sometimes seeps off the track.

I, for one, welcome the COT, because I want to see all the drivers in the exact same equipment with the exact same set-ups. That way the best pure drivers win, and the rest of the bullshit flies out the window. well i cant see penske wanting to fire l. carter or m. borland for the likes of knaus. or baby huey loomis. the penske manipulation angle is funny though. after all this is kenny commenting on insider info that team penske (co-owned by rusty) wouldve fired berrier after his stunts last season. notice how team penske has never been fined or suspended for as many rules infractions as the #48 team?

but the iroc formula would be interresting to watch played out for a full season/ 43 drivers / 36 races

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
You need to read up a bit on Chad Knaus...he is THE hot chief in NASCAR right now. He's got the pedigree (Evernham and Gordon), and the money (Hendrick), and I'd be willing to wager without looking it up that Jimmie Johnson has been more consistent over the last 3 years than any other driver, despite not winning the cup.

In this day and age, "cheating" may gain you a spot here and a spot there, but if everything else isn't in place you won't win or be competitive.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 09:54 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9231795

actually i read this nice little piece on him just yesterday. i can say knaus and jimmie probably have some of the best ch3emistry in the garage, and hes got great communication skills. (except for when hes cursing on live tv) one of the great things about nascar is the meshing of personalities. its trully a team sport. success with one team doesnt always translate to success with another. that being said i'll stick with newman and borland and let jimmie have knaus. i dont even take their restrictor plate success into account.

ever since dale sr. said bill france was rolling over in his grave cause 4 fords finished in the top 5 of the daytona 500, chevy will always have the edge. regardless of driver or crewchief.

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 12:20 PM
If you like qualifying well, then Borland and Newman are your guys, but winning races is what it's all about.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
If you like qualifying well, then Borland and Newman are your guys, but winning races is what it's all about.this sounds like what i heard from patfans regarding the steelers great regular seasons in recent years:rolleyes:. youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie (the winningest driver around) johnsons bandwaggon are you? sometimes its about team loyalty and not winning at all controversial costs.

if i was going bandwaggon hopping id have to say carl edwards is a much more likeable character than jimmie and he has actually won something that matters (an actual nascar sanctioned championship) other than motocross trophies. newman has won a few races too and if all were put in equal equipment with equal crews and $$$$ i think newman has more car control, insight to the workings of the vehicle, and is an all around better driver.

SteelerzGirl
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie (the winningest driver around) johnsons bandwaggon are you?.

Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan, tony, but you seemed to be having fun in the teletubbies thread! Enjoy! :bouncy:

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan, tony, but you seemed to be having fun in the teletubbies thread! Enjoy! :bouncy: hey! 2 out 4 telletubbies and any of the members of the WIGGLES could beat up those sesame street characters hendrick has driving for him. :sofunny: lol

but yes, i do think the poor, hated, misunderstood, jimmy spencer punching bag named kurt bush needs all the fan support he can get moreso than jimmie johnson. aint i a nice guy, always looking out for those in need?

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
this sounds like what i heard from patfans regarding the steelers great regular seasons in recent years:rolleyes:. youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie

Nope...I'm a Gordon fan and could care less either way...You know, ROBBIE Gordon could use some fans.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Nope...I'm a Gordon fan and could care less either way...You know, ROBBIE Gordon could use some fans. i think we both can agree jeffs brother is a complete idiot:sofunny: really though i dont know wats worse, rooting for him or k. busch

SteelerzGirl
02-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow, tony, you sound more like Crusty with every post I read. Wah! :crying03:

While I'm enjoying watching that hottie Jimmie racin' this year, you'll be watching Crusty w/his TV makeup on sitting behind a desk...(lol). Have fun with that! :moon: LOL :wink:

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 08:29 AM
i think we both can agree jeffs brother is a complete idiot:sofunny: really though i dont know wats worse, rooting for him or k. busch

Actually, I've met Robbie, and he's the nicest guy at the track...OFF the track. His jerkiness comes out when he gets behind the wheel.

tony hipchest
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Actually, I've met Robbie, and he's the nicest guy at the track...OFF the track. His jerkiness comes out when he gets behind the wheel. he does seem pretty cool in his interviews and on "trackside" and stuff. too bad he turns into such a bonehead on the track. hes one of about 10 cars racing his way into about 2-4 spots in todays twins. im sure he'll make a few "bold" moves.

BB2W
02-16-2006, 01:56 PM
The Gatorade Duel is getting ready to start... It may give us fantasy NASCAR people a better idea who to start on Sunday. My lineup is already in but I think you can change it. :cool:

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey, I want to amend my earlier position on Knaus...I didn't realize just how clever that dude actually is. He DID cheat! I guess there still are ways to cheat, and I think it's cool as Hell...

I didn't understand that he set up the rear window so that it could be adjuster AFTER inspection to draft better and than be adjusted back before the post-race inspection.

Brilliant!

The rain delay kind of sucks, but they'll get that track dried off and get to racin' soon...

clevestinks
02-16-2006, 03:43 PM
to remove all doubt that team hendrick will be cheating harder than ever to win the championship, c. knaus has been suspended for restrictor plate template violations in yesterdays qualifying for this years daytona 500. this on the heels of jeff gordon needing almost 4 and a half hours to make it through pre-qualification inspections.

i heard alot of accusations of dei receiving illegal restrictor plates from nascar, mostly from hendrick fans. this is very odd considering recent hendrick dominance on the 2.5+ mile tracks. nevermind that chevy has dominated at these since the dALE sr. days.

doesnt matter. this race will still come down to the hendrick, childress, gibbs teams. maybe earnhardt jr can squeak up in there.
DEI may surprise you!

SteelerzGirl
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey, I want to amend my earlier position on Knaus...I didn't realize just how clever that dude actually is. He DID cheat!

tehehe... I love gadget plays! Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and sometimes you get caught offsides and get a penalty...(lol). It's all good! :smile:

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 06:14 PM
NASCAR has become WAY too sanitized...it's fun to see some renegades and rebels, even if they get caught...

tony hipchest
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey, I want to amend my earlier position on Knaus...I didn't realize just how clever that dude actually is. He DID cheat! I guess there still are ways to cheat, and I think it's cool as Hell...

I didn't understand that he set up the rear window so that it could be adjuster AFTER inspection to draft better and than be adjusted back before the post-race inspection.

Brilliant!

The rain delay kind of sucks, but they'll get that track dried off and get to racin' soon...
good to see you come around. its not the cheating that bugs me as much as the whitewashing, and in some cases, complete denial by some of his fans, of whats actually going on. especially when some of these fans were the ones crying the loudest that jr. was receiving "hot plates" from nascar when he was on a tear at the restrictor plate tracks.

like they say "if you cant beat em, cheat em".

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Nah, cheating is so ingrained into the sport, it'll never stop...I realize that now. It doesn't matter how technological NASCAR gets, the teams will always be one step ahead of them.

tony hipchest
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Nah, cheating is so ingrained into the sport, it'll never stop...I realize that now. It doesn't matter how technological NASCAR gets, the teams will always be one step ahead of them. kinda which came first? chicken or the egg. cheating or the rules. one other thing i saw from the #48 team which is definitely not cheating:

instead of using decals on the car for this race, all the graphics are painted on. the thinking being that getting rid of the edges of the decals will reduce drag on the car. thats borderline obsessive but shows exactly how no stone is left unturned as far as getting maximum preformance is concerned.

i saw today kurt busch doesnt have larry carter as crew cheif which blew me away. he has roy maclullen (?) anyways he was that fatback mcswain looking dude who was the crewcheif in training for ryan newmans busch team. he won 6 of the 7 races they were in i think so he could be good. i still need to find out what happened to carter though.

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
kinda which came first? chicken or the egg. cheating or the rules. one other thing i saw from the #48 team which is definitely not cheating:

instead of using decals on the car for this race, all the graphics are painted on. the thinking being that getting rid of the edges of the decals will reduce drag on the car. thats borderline obsessive but shows exactly how no stone is left unturned as far as getting maximum preformance is concerned.

i saw today kurt busch doesnt have larry carter as crew cheif which blew me away. he has roy maclullen (?) anyways he was that fatback mcswain looking dude who was the crewcheif in training for ryan newmans busch team. he won 6 of the 7 races they were in i think so he could be good. i still need to find out what happened to carter though.

Cheating predates rules in NASCAR by at least 40 years.

Larry Carter is still around, but not in the same capacity...NASCAR is a fast moving sport and you need to be sharp and quick to keep up. The guy you said YESTERDAY was the key to success is already yesterday's news...

tony hipchest
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Cheating predates rules in NASCAR by at least 40 years.

Larry Carter is still around, but not in the same capacity...NASCAR is a fast moving sport and you need to be sharp and quick to keep up. The guy you said YESTERDAY was the key to success is already yesterday's news...

if there were no rules then by definition it wasnt cheating.

and to clarify your misunderstanding i said penske wouldnt trade larry carter for a cheater like knaus. now i know my posts arent as fast moving as nascar.....:cool:

SteelerzGirl
02-17-2006, 05:19 PM
now i know my posts arent as fast moving as nascar.....:cool:

Neither is Crusty's rocking chair...(lol). :wink:

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Neither is Crusty's rocking chair...(lol). :wink: im watching rusty right now on sportscenter in a sharp suit and spreading his immeasurable nascar knowledge. (i dont like him saying "fact" to jimmie johnson can win the daytona 500 though.) i hope jerome bettis gets as much tv time next year as it looks rusty will be getting this season :cool: i like seeing my guys as the spokesmen of the sport!

SteelerzGirl
02-17-2006, 05:30 PM
See? Even Rusty loves Jimmie! :bouncy:

Damn, Jimmie's hot...(lol)!

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Damn, Jimmie's hot...(lol)!

the unibrow huh? do chicks really dig that? i wonder if theres an elixir i can buy to try and grow one. :cool:

SteelerzGirl
02-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh, tony... Jimmie's definitely a hottie. He makes me tingle. I wanna be hittin' that...(lol). He doesn't have a unibrow. :rolleyes: We've been through that already last season. You need to come up with some new material.

I think you protest too much, tony. I'm starting to think you're very much attracted to Jimmie. It's ok to admit it. Even Rusty loves Jimmie. Rusty wasn't wearing that cheap Maybelline makeup while sitting behind his analyst desk, was he? That stuff will make him break out and give him pimples. He should splurge and buy the good stuff.

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I will say this...Jimmie's wife Chandra, or Shandra (or whatever the Hell her name is) is one of the hottt chicks on the planet...

tony hipchest
02-18-2006, 12:20 PM
You need to come up with some new material.

you mean like insinuating that someone who doesnt like your favorite driver is secretly gay? *YAWN*

as a straight male i am much more interested if danica patrick makes you tingle and if you would wanna be hittin' THAT! :blurp: lol

SteelerzGirl
02-18-2006, 07:21 PM
you mean like insinuating that someone who doesnt like your favorite driver is secretly gay? *YAWN*

as a straight male i am much more interested if danica patrick makes you tingle and if you would wanna be hittin' THAT! :blurp: lol

Actually, I don't give a crap who your fave driver is, tony, because it's quite obvious you don't have one and are just trying to pick fights. Instead, why don't you pick out a casket for Crusty and he'll be all ready to go in his suit and makeup and all. You obviously think very highly of yourself, and actually are now trying to be a Rusty wannabe with your "analysis." :rofl: I already told you that Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan. So why would you think that I think you're gay because you don't like him? I'm not the one who keeps making references to Ernie and Bert, baby. That's you...(lol). I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. Go take a look in the mirror and you'll see who the troublemaker is.

Maybe you should step away from the children's programming and try downloading some porn or something. It would definitely be more entertaining for you, I'm sure. Your lifestyle is none of my business, and I couldn't care less. But your crying about Team Hendrick because you don't have a fave driver is, quite frankly, getting old and is just making you look pitiful. It's quite laughable actually and very transparent. Nothing better to do? Try stepping away from your computer that you spend so much time on and get a life.

Suit... Chandra is ok, I guess. I think Jeff's girl is prettier, though. Is he still seeing her? Here's Chandra...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/fa2dcd41.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/735f6da7.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/40155cdf.jpg

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
SG, could you have picked any worse 3 pics?

Regardless, she gains a point because she's a race fan, and she generally looks better than she photograph's...

SteelerzGirl
02-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Those were the only pics I could find...(lol). I really don't think she's that hot, but I'm not a guy. Jeff's honey is really beautiful, though.

tony hipchest
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Actually, I don't give a crap who your fave driver is, tony, because it's quite obvious you don't have one and are just trying to pick fights. Instead, why don't you pick out a casket for Crusty and he'll be all ready to go in his suit and makeup and all. You obviously think very highly of yourself, and actually are now trying to be a Rusty wannabe with your "analysis." :rofl: I already told you that Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan. So why would you think that I think you're gay because you don't like him? I'm not the one who keeps making references to Ernie and Bert, baby. That's you...(lol). I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. Go take a look in the mirror and you'll see who the troublemaker is.

Maybe you should step away from the children's programming and try downloading some porn or something. It would definitely be more entertaining for you, I'm sure. Your lifestyle is none of my business, and I couldn't care less. But your crying about Team Hendrick because you don't have a fave driver is, quite frankly, getting old and is just making you look pitiful. It's quite laughable actually and very transparent. Nothing better to do? Try stepping away from your computer that you spend so much time on and get a life.

]

pick fights?:sofunny:
bert and ernie arent gay!:dang: and why would i insult muppets? :rolleyes:
picking jg as the fav to win the 500 is crying? :sofunny:
its pretty easy to see my favorite driver is rw. :cool:
you couldnt care less?:blah: why all the life advice?

"if y'aint rubbin', y'aint racin"

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Those were the only pics I could find...(lol). I really don't think she's that hot, but I'm not a guy. Jeff's honey is really beautiful, though.

I don't think Jeff's flavor of the week is a real race fan...Chandra is, and she is also what a lot of guys desire.

She is tall, slender, blonde, blue-eyed, seems reasonably intelligent, likes racing, can be elegant when it's called for, and a tom boy when THAT's called for.

Women have some real delusions when it comes to men's 1-10 scale methinks.

Me? I'll give as much as 3-4 points for being able to talk on my level sports-wise.

daleemnm
02-18-2006, 08:37 PM

Suit... Chandra is ok, I guess. I think Jeff's girl is prettier, though. Is he still seeing her? Here's Chandra...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/fa2dcd41.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/735f6da7.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/40155cdf.jpg

Eww...she looks like a skeleton

SteelerzGirl
02-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't think Jeff's flavor of the week is a real race fan...Chandra is, and she is also what a lot of guys desire.

She is tall, slender, blonde, blue-eyed, seems reasonably intelligent, likes racing, can be elegant when it's called for, and a tom boy when THAT's called for.

Women have some real delusions when it comes to men's 1-10 scale methinks.

Me? I'll give as much as 3-4 points for being able to talk on my level sports-wise.

I actually think it's great that you're hot to trot for Chandra, Suit. I'm glad to hear that you're not shallow and want the total package in a woman, and not just her looks. Okay... Let's formulate a plan... You woo Chandra away, and then I'll slip right in and take my rightful place as Jimmie's wife...(lol)! :wink:

pick fights?

Uh-huh...(lol).

bert and ernie arent gay! and why would i insult muppets?

I wouldn't know if Bert and Ernie are gay or not, but you sure do seem to know as the resident children's programming guru.

picking jg as the fav to win the 500 is crying?

So now you're hopping on the Team Hendrick bandwagon? :bouncy: Make up your mind!

its pretty easy to see my favorite driver is rw.

:dang:

you couldnt care less? why all the life advice?

I always try to be there for those in need.

"if y'aint rubbin', y'aint racin"

Um, Rusty ain't racin'. He couldn't run with the big dogs anymore so he quit under the guise that he wanted to spend more time with his family. And now he's, well, not at home with this family, but in Daytona being a snore on ESPN, right?

Boogity, boogity, boogity! :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I know absolutely nothing about racing. But I figured I would give it a shot today and watch the Daytona 500 (between hockey).

Question for those who want to help out somebody that knows zero about NASCAR.

When they (announcers) state so and so is "helping" so and so through a lane or in a certain pole, why? Are they not all racing against each other? Why would you want to help out another racer?

Also, are you technically allowed to hit somebody and knock them out of the race? I know it's frowned upon to a degree, but do you lose points or a spot?

Once again, excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge.

SteelerDan43
02-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Helpin your teammates, or anyone else you car works well with in the draft. In hopes of them returning the favor when you need it, but dont count on it!

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Helpin your teammates, or anyone else you car works well with in the draft. In hopes of them returning the favor when you need it, but dont count on it!

Ahh, ok. So does every driver have a teammate? If so, how many drivers per team?

Sorry to bother with the dumb questions, just curious.

SteelerDan43
02-19-2006, 04:49 PM
depends the most is the Roush team but Hendrick has 3 - Johnson, Gordon, Vickers. Yates has 2, Gibbs has 3, RCR has a couple, Petty has a couple. Most teams are 2 or 3

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the time and info. Much appreciated.

Suitanim
02-19-2006, 06:47 PM
depends the most is the Roush team but Hendrick has 3 - Johnson, Gordon, Vickers. Yates has 2, Gibbs has 3, RCR has a couple, Petty has a couple. Most teams are 2 or 3
Hendrick actually has 4 (Kyle Busch).

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I know absolutely nothing about racing. But I figured I would give it a shot today and watch the Daytona 500 (between hockey).

Question for those who want to help out somebody that knows zero about NASCAR.

When they (announcers) state so and so is "helping" so and so through a lane or in a certain pole, why? Are they not all racing against each other? Why would you want to help out another racer?

Also, are you technically allowed to hit somebody and knock them out of the race? I know it's frowned upon to a degree, but do you lose points or a spot?

Once again, excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge. if you watched, how did you like it? to answer the helping part, at a track like this where the cars can go so fast, a group of 7-8 lined up like a train will go about 193-4 mph while a car by itself will only go about 191 tops. the larger group breaks the wind and air resistance easier. hence different cars being "helped" while others are "left out to dry"

if youre serious about giving nascar a try, daytona, talladega, bristol, and richmond are great 1st races to watch. i would never suggest someone watch a race at michigan or pocono as their 1st race. each track has its own personallity which lends to certain styles of racing.

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Well, the first hour or so I was interested. Then I started to notice myself drifting off and changing channels. The storylines I enjoyed, the drivers and pit crew I give much credit and respect towards, but I just can't get into it. Oh well, thought I would give it a chance this year. Just isn't for me.

SteelerDan43
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Hendrick actually has 4 (Kyle Busch).

Whoops my bad, had a brain fart there

SteelerDan43
02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, the first hour or so I was interested. Then I started to notice myself drifting off and changing channels. The storylines I enjoyed, the drivers and pit crew I give much credit and respect towards, but I just can't get into it. Oh well, thought I would give it a chance this year. Just isn't for me.

Well a restrictor plate race isnt a good one to start off with you need to see one on a track like Bristol... If you ever get to go to one in person I guarantee you will be hooked. I've been two both short tracks (Bristol and Martinsville) and they were both amazing...

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2006, 05:21 PM
One comment...............

Is Tony Stewart an a-hole on a regular basis or was this a one time deal? I recall him stating somebody was going to get hurt at Daytona for the last week (watching ESPN) and then I saw him run that guy (lol, excuse my ignorance) off the track.

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, the first hour or so I was interested. Then I started to notice myself drifting off and changing channels. The storylines I enjoyed, the drivers and pit crew I give much credit and respect towards, but I just can't get into it. Oh well, thought I would give it a chance this year. Just isn't for me. it is definitely an acquired taste. i shared your sentiments about 14 years ago. if you ever watch another race i would suggest talledega, bristol, or dover. next weeks race at california could put a new viewer to sleep. if you follow the highlights on sportscenter and find a driver or car you like, you may find yourself eventually sucked in. while it may seem boring and drawn out on the surface it definitely evolves and takes on a life of its own the more you get into it.

atleast you didnt knock it and you actually tried it, and gave it a chance.

tony hipchest
02-20-2006, 05:33 PM
One comment...............

Is Tony Stewart an a-hole on a regular basis or was this a one time deal? I recall him stating somebody was going to get hurt at Daytona for the last week (watching ESPN) and then I saw him run that guy (lol, excuse my ignorance) off the track.

lol. this was definitely not a one time deal! you learned alot about the sport in just one day. while regarded as one of the most talented drivers, stewart is definitely one of the biggest a-holes in the game. i have tremendous respect for joe gibbs to win a sb, daytona 500, and nascar championship as a team owner. although i dont care too much for his driver stewart or the redskins.