PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed needs to grow a Brain!

whatdoiknow
08-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I mean here is a guy who gets cited not once, but twice for public disorder, and urinating in a public place. Has been a disgrace several times, and yet is making just over 2.8 million dollars to kick a ball, and is B!tching about it ? What a screwball.
I think all that Hair Dye has affected his brain.

Jeff Reed calls the Steelers liars
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 1, 2010 10:03 AM ET
You'd think Steelers kicker Jeff Reed would want to keep quiet after the team stuck with him after his recent disorderly conduct charge. You'd be wrong.

"I'm not going to point anyone out or any statement out, but, yeah, I was told one thing and another thing happened," Reed said Saturday about his contract situation. "I understand business moves, but I'm not a big fan of lying."

Reed is set to make $2.814 million this year as the team's franchise player to kick a football. It's almost like he's trying out for the role of Tom Brady's "spoiled athletes, bitching about making millions of dollars."

"I'm really disappointed . . . extremely . . . little bit bitter," Reed the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "That's probably not a good choice of words. I'm not here to burn bridges. I got to play football. I'm not happy, but I'm happy to be with all these guys and be a part of the organization.

"It's one of those things, life is not really fair. I've experienced that a few times in this league."

Yep, this should really help him get that long-term deal.

supa_fly_steeler
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't cry if he jumped off a bridge

You stupid **** why would the Rooneys give YOU THERE money when u ****ing around in public.

scsteeler
08-01-2010, 12:08 PM
He might find himself on another team if he keeps this up.

StainlessStill
08-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Noone can deny the accuracy he has shown throughout his entire career in Pittsburgh. Reed has won MANY games for us over the years, esp in Heinz Field and I believe he DOES deserve to sign a contract, but going about it in this manor will almost never pan out in a place like Pittsburgh.

Kickers are replaceable and if Reed wants to kee beating the shit out of a defenseless paper towel dispenser and getting arrested for public intoxication then I'm sure it would be good riddance. He should be happy with his pay for now, shut his mouth, realize it takes two sides of the business and wait for his pay next year if he's lucky to kick the ball to the 20 yard line on kickoffs.

steeltheone
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Should have never tagged the IDIOT!

lionslicer
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
He's one of the higher paid kickers in the NFL, why is he complaining... he should be happy he's making over $1 million, yet alone 2.8 million with all the trouble he's been in with the law. The Steelers don't need to kick him off the team, they need to get Harrison and Woodley to beat some sense into him.

pete74
08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
i wouldnt be to upset if we gave him the boot this week. he is definatly one of the best kickers in the medium range but i would much rather have a kicker who can actually reach the endzone on kickoffs and hit the 50 yarders.

steelerchad
08-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Noone can deny the accuracy he has shown throughout his entire career in Pittsburgh. Reed has won MANY games for us over the years, esp in Heinz Field and I believe he DOES deserve to sign a contract, but going about it in this manor will almost never pan out in a place like Pittsburgh.

Kickers are replaceable and if Reed wants to kee beating the shit out of a defenseless paper towel dispenser and getting arrested for public intoxication then I'm sure it would be good riddance. He should be happy with his pay for now, shut his mouth, realize it takes two sides of the business and wait for his pay next year if he's lucky to kick the ball to the 20 yard line on kickoffs.

Reed's been real accurate and I want to keep him on this team. He's not perfect though. His kick offs are some of the shortest in the league, which doesn't help our horrible coverage any. Also, If he makes either of the 2 kicks in Chicago from around 40 yards last year in the 4th quarter we make the playoffs. I know it was raining, but Chicago's kicker had only 1 chance from the same distance in the same rain and he nailed it.

Steelerfreak58
08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Athletes today are simply spoiled children playing a game for an Emperor's ransom.

supa_fly_steeler
08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Athletes today are simply spoiled children playing a game for an Emperor's ransom.

lol i liked that quote of yours

kirklandrules
08-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again .. this guy is a d-bag. Yes, he's a good kicker in Heinz, but he's not a god and he's not worth a ton of money. Besides, kickers really aren't NFL players ... don't they have an * next to their names? Of course they don't, but they should. I'm just wainting for James Harrison to duct tape him to his locker and tell him if he opens his mouth again he's going to get his azz whipped. I kinda expected this to happen when he showed up with that stupid haircut last year ... in fact, I thought the entire team would take turns beating his azz for looking so stupid.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the likes of Norm Johnson and Gary Anderson! They kept their mouths shut and hid in the shadows when they weren't called upon during the break from the game of football to show us their soccer kick.

LVSteelersfan
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Overpaid baby. First he complains they won't sign a new contract worth $3mil per year. Then he gets almost $3mil and pitches a fit. Get rid of him after this year.

wyn50
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
He should be happy he still has a job! I wouldn't want to sign him for long term contract with guaranteed money knowing his past. He should know better. Plus that is how the Steelers front office works.

rich4eagle
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I will say this once again Jeff Reed lost two games for us last year. He needs to be sent packing.............

he is a negative impact on the team. Some of the gone management chastized me for that last year but I will say it again

get rid of Jeff Reed