PDA

View Full Version : Look into the Canton Crystal ball....

3 to be 4
02-13-2006, 08:51 PM
this should stir up some stuff :bouncy:

trying to be objective, and keeping the 70's out of it......
just looking at the Steelers and Patriots of this decade, who do you see 15 years from now as being Hall of Famers from the 2 champions. For the Steelers I can see Bettis,Cowher, Ward, Roethlisburger, Polamulo. You guys fill in the blanks as you know more about the potential of your younger players. For the Patriots I have Belichick, Brady, Seymour, Law, Vinatieri, Dillon (IF he has 2 more big seasons) and the "if they reach their potential" younger players being Wilfork, Watson, and Branch.

TasmanianTroy271
02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I agree with everything you have posted about the Steelers, adding in that probably one of our young Corners will blossom into a Pro Bowl corner. Ike and McFadden definately have possibilities. And depending on how long Willie Parker plays and produces crazy 75 yard runs, and if he gets back to the Superbowl and busts off a crazy game, he could be in there as well. Plus, you forgot Alan Faneca, one of the best Guards in the league, if not the best. And coach wise, everyone forgets about Bad Word Lebeau and possibly Hoak. They've been great coaches.

CantStop85
02-13-2006, 10:11 PM

just looking at the Steelers and Patriots of this decade, who do you see 15 years from now as being Hall of Famers from the 2 champions. For the Steelers I can see Bettis,Cowher, Ward, Roethlisburger, Polamulo. You guys fill in the blanks as you know more about the potential of your younger players. For the Patriots I have Belichick, Brady, Seymour, Law, Vinatieri, Dillon (IF he has 2 more big seasons) and the "if they reach their potential" younger players being Wilfork, Watson, and Branch.
Dillon's on the down-swing of his career already...he won't make it. I don't quite see Law making it either. Hines Ward could make it...but I doubt that he will. Other than that, I agree.

tony hipchest
02-13-2006, 10:24 PM

ix-nay on watson and branch. dont rally know enough about wilfork so i will say no on him too hes really good but just not game changing or mentionned amongst the best at his position yet.. i think h. miller will be just as good if not better pro than watson and im not yet ready to call miller a hall of famer.

while i think brady and belichick are locks, if it werent for a vinatieri kick(s) vs. oakland or tennessee we could be talking about the pats as 1x sb champs. not to mention how he didnt norwood it during the sb. he will be the most heralded kicker to make it into the hall.

ben has said it is his goal to be a hall of famer and to be mentionned along with the best ever. hes got the drive and the talent. he just needs a few more rings or about 10 more years as a farve like starter. injuries could derail his dreams. otherwise i think if the steelers are having down years they will just keep on opening the playbook for him which will just drive his individual numbers up.

faneca has been looked at as one of the best of his position for quite a few years. the respect that he has earned and his pro bowl appearances speak for themselves. he is a possibility but o-lineman arent exactly the sexy pick for the hall.

c. hampton probably wont make it because there are no numbers to speak of his career. he is one of the best at his position and what he does though. an integral cog to the steelers success.

hines just needs to play out his contract.

jerome is as good as in.

cowher has many years left and i think with his record over the next 5-10 years he wouldve made it with or without the ring.

polamalu just needs to keep healthy and playing. he is changing the way the game is played right befor our eyes. his 3 year carrer isnt enough by itself but if he can keep doing this for the next 10 i would say hes 1st ballot.

with law and dillon i dont think they are or should be 1st ballot. im not sure dillon even makes it in. harrison may have a better shot than these 2. i am still amazed at the outrage of m. irvin not making it in yet.

like the steelers coaches hartings has successfully replaced 2 legends. he wont get hall recognition but deserves to go into the steelers hall of fame.

Livinginthe past
02-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Patriots I got -

Brady
Seymour
Harrison
Law
BB
Vinatieri

Steelers -

Bettis
Cowher

I dont think Ward has done enough to get in.

As far as the young guns on both sides go, it makes it very difficult to predict.

Polamalu could redefine the position of SS over the next few years.
Heath Miller has had a nice first year.

Ben Watson will be an animal next year - but will one Pats receiver ever get enough of the ball to get sufficient numbers?

The only way Branch gets in is with one or two more excellent postseason/SB appearances - a tough ask.

I would love to see Dillon in - he was a great servant to an extremely poor franchise for a number of years and put up excellent numbers - 1st year in a good team and he wins it all.

NM

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Faneca, linemen only make it, usually, with rings. So maybe this is it.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't leave out Woodson and Dawson. They weren't 70's players.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Shoe-ins:

Bettis
Cowher (with one more two more rings,he'll be first ballot)

Will probally have HoF careers:

Roethlisberger
Polamalu
Ward (he will be known as the best complete reciever in his time played,and being such a team leader and the ani-TO/Moss will help a lot)
Ike and/or McFadden
Faneca

Milkman
02-14-2006, 03:53 PM

:iagree: and would like to add Heath Miller as a young one who could keep getting better.

3 to be 4
02-14-2006, 08:12 PM
ix-nay on watson and branch. dont rally know enough about wilfork so i will say no on him too hes really good but just not game changing or mentionned amongst the best at his position yet.. i think h. miller will be just as good if not better pro than watson and im not yet ready to call miller a hall of famer.

while i think brady and belichick are locks, if it werent for a vinatieri kick(s) vs. oakland or tennessee we could be talking about the pats as 1x sb champs. not to mention how he didnt norwood it during the sb. he will be the most heralded kicker to make it into the hall.

ben has said it is his goal to be a hall of famer and to be mentionned along with the best ever. hes got the drive and the talent. he just needs a few more rings or about 10 more years as a farve like starter. injuries could derail his dreams. otherwise i think if the steelers are having down years they will just keep on opening the playbook for him which will just drive his individual numbers up.

faneca has been looked at as one of the best of his position for quite a few years. the respect that he has earned and his pro bowl appearances speak for themselves. he is a possibility but o-lineman arent exactly the sexy pick for the hall.

c. hampton probably wont make it because there are no numbers to speak of his career. he is one of the best at his position and what he does though. an integral cog to the steelers success.

hines just needs to play out his contract.

jerome is as good as in.

cowher has many years left and i think with his record over the next 5-10 years he wouldve made it with or without the ring.

polamalu just needs to keep healthy and playing. he is changing the way the game is played right befor our eyes. his 3 year carrer isnt enough by itself but if he can keep doing this for the next 10 i would say hes 1st ballot.

with law and dillon i dont think they are or should be 1st ballot. im not sure dillon even makes it in. harrison may have a better shot than these 2. i am still amazed at the outrage of m. irvin not making it in yet.

like the steelers coaches hartings has successfully replaced 2 legends. he wont get hall recognition but deserves to go into the steelers hall of fame.

the idea of my question was not just assessing what has already happened, but to take into consideration pure potential. im not saying Watson, Branch, or Wilfork have reached even star status NOW (although Branch is close and you got to hand it to a guy who played back to back SB's like THAT). But when you look at raw talent, i think Watson could be a monster. This year Wilfork really solidified the middle and has that rare NT talent for effective pass rushing. And if Branch can keep up what hes been doing for 6 or 7 seasons hes going to have great numbers.
Heath Miller and Faneca are guys i definately should have mentioned.

Ruck Fules
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Why only Patriots and Steelers? There are other teams you know.

3 to be 4
02-14-2006, 08:27 PM

ok, lets open this up to any potential hall of famer on any roster in the National Football League. that should narrow it down to 3 or 4 hundred.

actually, as a Patriots fan i do have an odd fascination with this Cowboy team with Parcells, Bledsoe, and Glenn. im still holding out hope that Curtis Martin ends up there.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:30 PM

Actually, since it IS a PITTSBURGH STEELERS board, it's almost a Public Service Announcement to even talk about any other teams, so stop complaining...

Ruck Fules
02-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Actually, since it IS a PITTSBURGH STEELERS board, it's almost a Public Service Announcement to even talk about any other teams, so stop complaining...

It's on the NFL Football forum so you can talk about any team here.

BB2W
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
just looking at the Steelers and Patriots of this decade, who do you see 15 years from now as being Hall of Famers from the 2 champions. For the Steelers I can see Bettis,Cowher, Ward, Roethlisburger, Polamulo. You guys fill in the blanks as you know more about the potential of your younger players.
I think Alan Faneca will get some serious consideration... he was regarded as the best gaurd in football for awhile. He has only been a four time pro-bowler in his eight years in the league, but It is likely he would have went to six. He was injured one year, and he was forced to play tackle one year due to injuries. He has got a few good years left, and I think that will help him.

CantStop85
02-14-2006, 10:50 PM
I think Alan Faneca will get some serious consideration... he was regarded as the best gaurd in football for awhile. He has only been a four time pro-bowler in his eight years in the league, but It is likely he would have went to six. He was injured one year, and he was forced to play tackle one year due to injuries. He has got a few good years left, and I think that will help him.
Injuries can kill an offensive lineman's hopes of making it in the hall of fame. It's hard enough as it is to make the hall of fame as as linemean already. Most O-linemen who make it are usually around that 7 or 8 pro bowls mark, basically they have to dominate the line all through their careers. Faneca has definitely been one of the best guards in the league, but I don't think he's done enough to yet to secure a spot in Canton. He would need a few more pro bowl seasons or an extra superbowl ring or two.

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
It's on the NFL Football forum so you can talk about any team here.

Very astute of you...but, again, it's a Steelers board, so it's a tad silly to ponder out loud why we aren't discussing other teams.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 09:16 AM
i dont think the cowboys deserve any merit other than getting bashed on a steelers board.

id rather discuss why michael irvin wouldnt touch any of the strippers he was paying to munch eachother out in a hotel room, than if he gets into the hall of fame next year.

my suggestion would be to start a thread about how many current cowboys make it to the hall and see how long it takes till it gets moved to the blast furnace. lol j/k

Ruck Fules
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Very astute of you...but, again, it's a Steelers board, so it's a tad silly to ponder out loud why we aren't discussing other teams.

Ok so why did he ask about Patriots players too?

And when I said that there are other teams in the NFL, I didn't just mean the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM

And when I said that there are other teams in the NFL, I didn't just mean the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

Because there's a whole mess o' them little buggers crawling around here that like 'em...

BB2W
02-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Plus, he's a Patriots fan...

clevestinks
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
And when I said that there are other teams in the NFL, I didn't just mean the Cowboys. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well how about the Cowboys? How many of their former players will be enshrined in Canton? Don`t count the criminals, that leaves two, Aikman, and Emmitt!

3 to be 4
02-15-2006, 09:30 PM
dont count Parcells. He gets in,but as a Giant. And again, hes never even won a playoff game without Belichick.

MichiSteeler
02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Definatly not Corey Dillon...:dang: or ty law for that matter. Cowher hopefully, the Bus for sure. Then Hines, if he wants to go to Canton he has to be G-R-E-A-T the next 2 years, i mean he has to be an absolute superstar, cuz he is good for us and our system, but on a national level, he just doesnt catch enough balls. Faneca will hopefully go. Polamalu will hopefuly continue a great career. And im confident Big Ben will continue his greatness.

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 08:03 AM
and kevin green,greg loyd,carnel lake
Gary Anderson????????