View Full Version : TJ's response to Cowher's We-Dey Chant

CantStop85
02-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Via Bengals.com:
Cowher's Who Dey gets a So What
By GEOFF HOBSON
February 8, 2006

Posted: 11 p.m.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher got Bengaldom riled again with his version of their ?Who Dey? chant during Tuesday?s Super Bowl parade in Pittsburgh. But it got a wait-till-next-year shrug from some high-profile Bengals.

?It?s all in fun. It sounds like they feel we were the team to beat,? said wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. ?Although, they seem to get all upset when we wiped our feet on the Terrible Towel.?

It was Houshmandzadeh who did that act as he walked off the field following the Bengals? 38-31 win at Heinz Field back in December, and used a towel to shine his cleats.

?I?m mad they won (the Super Bowl) with the help of the referees,? Houshmandzadeh said. ?But it doesn?t matter. It?s all in fun. I don?t know if they think we?re the best team they played, or if the Seahawks, or Colts, or Broncos just don?t have a cheer.?

Speaking from the Pro Bowl, cornerback Deltha O?Neal wouldn?t bite.

?It doesn?t bother me. They won, congratulations to them,? O?Neal said.

Fellow Pro Bowler Chad Johnson suggested it?s going to take several months for anything to come of the incident.

?I can?t get fired up about that now,? Johnson said. ?We don?t play them tomorrow.?

Even before Houshmandzadeh heard about Cowher?s act, he had already been thinking about playing the Steelers next season. He didn?t see Cowher's chant, but he has an idea he might. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is famous for splicing together inspirational videos.

?The offseason is the longest time. I can?t wait for next season. I know they can?t cover me one-on-one,? Houshmandzadeh said. ?I?m sure (Lewis) will show it to us before the first game, and probably the second.?

schoondog
02-14-2006, 02:04 AM
ahh T.J whosemydaddy is upset . too bad, those idiots shouldn't of even beat us this year if we would of held onto the ball in our lose.

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 05:06 AM
Advantage Steelers! We own that Cinci team

bengalsfan21
02-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Well it's good to know we got 2 recievers who can't be covered 1 on 1 :dang: I like Housh a lot but please buddy leave the trash talking to Chad

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Chad Johnson disappears anytime he plays decent DB's.

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Ohhh TJ, TJ, TJ...........you'll never learn.

Super Bowl XL Champions.

drizze99
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Yea, well I can't wait for next season as well. We'll make sure it's a clean sweep next season.

Petesburgh66
02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Cinny was the team to beat? :sofunny: Remember kids, say no to drugs.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Ohhh TJ, TJ, TJ...........you'll never learn.

Super Bowl XL Champions.

dont talk trash about tj.....hes "the bomb" :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
dont talk trash about tj.....hes "the bomb" :sofunny:

Oh, I know it. He's already showing signs of being an "explosive" WR in the NFL.

SalukiSteelers
02-14-2006, 09:42 AM
This is exactly why it was bush to even bring the Bengals in to the celebration -- now they think they're a bigger deal. Couldn't Cowher just be satisfied and leave this sleeping giant of football greatness alone?? Well guys, have fun as Steelers fans because I'm jumping ship before this thing goes down!! There will be splicing of film involved, here, and that's a little too scary for me.

Seriously, though, this is why I didn't like Cowher ribbing those scrubs. Now TJ, who played pretty well against the Steelers this season, is going to get louder and more ridiculous about his performance. While I can't stand the Bengals, I just don't like the fact that on a day celebrating the return of the Lombardi Trophy to where it belongs, those also-rans from down the river are given chances to trash talk on the World Champions. Cowher should have been bigger than that. He also should have thought about how he would use some bush stunt like that to motivate his team.

bengalsfan21
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
TJ is a good reciever and 9 times out of 10 when you are giving Ike credit for covering chad (but but giving Troy no props for helping Ike) TJ is open in the middle......But the Bengals have a problem with Chris Henrys thug life now they need to get another reciever with some talent to replace him.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
TJ is a good reciever and 9 times out of 10 when you are giving Ike credit for covering chad (but but giving Troy no props for helping Ike) TJ is open in the middle......But the Bengals have a problem with Chris Henrys thug life now they need to get another reciever with some talent to replace him.

i think terrell owens was born to be a bengal

atrus20
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
But we didn't win the championship that matters... the AFC North...
Obviously they are the more superior team because of it :dang: :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
But we didn't win the championship that matters... the AFC North...
Obviously they are the more superior team because of it :dang: :rolleyes:

Kitna put up 17 against you guys imagine what Palmer would have done if not injured.

bengalsfan21
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
i think terrell owens was born to be a bengal

If he could shut up and not whine about Chad getting the ball more then he is welcome........................................... ...........Na i'm just playing :sofunny:

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Kitna put up 17 against you guys imagine what Palmer would have done if not injured.
If If IF! If you had a brain, you would see that we are Super Bowl Champs,and your a chump

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Kitna put up 17 against you guys imagine what Palmer would have done if not injured. im imagining that he woulda done about the same as kitna, manning, plummer, or hasselbeck.....not put up enough points to score. he would probably get one of those nice #55 backpacks as a parting gift though.

CantStop85
02-14-2006, 08:21 PM
im imagining that he woulda done about the same as kitna, manning, plummer, or hasselbeck.....not put up enough points to score. he would probably get one of those nice #55 backpacks as a parting gift though.
Not put up enough points to score?

Anyway, we don't have to go on "what if's" for if Palmer had played in the playoff game. He played enough to show you what would have happened if he hadn't gotten injured. 60 yard completion first play of the game...that's what you guys have to look forward to in every game next season. Have fun. :blurp:

Milkman
02-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah he woulda probably threw a 60 yard completion for each throw the rest of the game.....riiiiiiiiiiight!

"If" you would have played the winning lotto numbers on Saturday, you "might" be a millionaire.

CantStop85
02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah he woulda probably threw a 60 yard completion for each throw the rest of the game.....riiiiiiiiiiight!

"If" you would have played the winning lotto numbers on Saturday, you "might" be a millionaire.
I'm just pointing out what happened and what really would have happened. I'm not complaining, I'm just informing you of what you have to look forward to next season. Instead of stacking eight in the box, you might want to consider putting 8 defensive backs out there. :blurp:

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Let them talk. These are fans that have no idea what it's like to win a championship. They talk, talk, talk and talk. It is funny watching that fan base 'jump' all of a sudden. Jokes. Complete jokes.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Cincy had their fun this year taking the AFC North, now they can seek back to the bottom of the NFL

CantStop85
02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Let them talk. These are fans that have no idea what it's like to win a championship.
So when's the last time you've personally won a championship? :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 08:54 PM
So when's the last time you've personally won a championship? :sofunny:

Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh.......

Saw you use the same line on Clevestinks, getting old buddy. :rolleyes: :blurp: The whole "you personally" shtick. *Yawns*

BTW, would rather you have quoted the part about Bungal fans being complete jokes that did not back their team in bad times. That shows their true colors. :sofunny:

CantStop85
02-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh.......

Saw you use the same line on Clevestinks, getting old buddy. :rolleyes: :blurp: The whole "you personally" shtick. *Yawns*

BTW, would rather you have quoted the part about Bungal fans being complete jokes that did not back their team in bad times. That shows their true colors. :sofunny:
OK?

It's not a line...I'm being serious...some people get too carried away with their team. I simply found the statement, "These are fans that have no idea what it's like to win a championship," to be rather ironic considering we've come as close to actually winning a championship as any other regular fan has...nowhere near close. I wouldn't brag about winning a championship unless I personally had actually won a championship, it seems like a slap in the face to the players who actually worked for it, but that's just me...whatever floats your boat.

Why would I quote the part about the Bengal fans not backing their team in bad times? To me, the Bengals have one of the most loyal fanbases in the NFL. 15 years of losing seasons and horrible front office decisions, yet you still had that core of fans that still kept going to the games and making sure the Bengals didn't end up in another city. Of course there's going to be "bandwagon" fans when things are going good. Every team has them, even Pittsburgh. I cannot speak on behalf of other fans, all I know is that I've been a loyal Bengals fan ever since I started watching football, going to games even when the team was 2-9.

Give any franchise 15 years of futility and see if the fan-base doesn't start dwindling.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Give any franchise 15 years of futility and see if the fan-base doesn't start dwindling.[/QUOTE]

We had not won a Super Bowl in 26 yrs, for us "fans that is", that is alot of futility. What did it get us... a 20 year wait for season tickets. True fans are there come hell or high water!!
If you have to say "core " fan base that is really sad. Next year when we play in Cincy again it will be another show of force for the STEELER NATION. Ilove making the trip with the local bar,it is actually easier to get tickets there then in Clevland which hasand will continue a long run of futility.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow, using the term "we" or "us" when talking about our respected team. That hasn't been discussed already in another thread.

Personally, when I talk about the Steelers I say "we" or "us". You wouldn't understand.

As for loyalty to one's team, even though I wasn't speaking about you personally......As BGB already stated, "We had not won a Super Bowl in 26 yrs, for us "fans that is", that is alot of futility. What did it get us... a 20 year wait for season tickets. True fans are there come hell or high water!!". As I recall, the Steelers were not exactly lighting the lamp in the 80's and I recall Three Rivers being packed every Sunday.

We know about futility, we just don't let it stop us from enjoying the game of football and watching "our" team. The waiting list doesn't lie.

CantStop85
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow, using the term "we" or "us" when talking about our respected team. That hasn't been discussed already in another thread.

Personally, when I talk about the Steelers I say "we" or "us". You wouldn't understand.

As for loyalty to one's team, even though I wasn't speaking about you personally......As BGB already stated, "We had not won a Super Bowl in 26 yrs, for us "fans that is", that is alot of futility. What did it get us... a 20 year wait for season tickets. True fans are there come hell or high water!!". As I recall, the Steelers were not exactly lighting the lamp in the 80's and I recall Three Rivers being packed every Sunday.

We know about futility, we just don't let it stop us from enjoying the game of football and watching "our" team. The waiting list doesn't lie.
Not winning the super bowl for 26 years is nothing compared to 15 years of losing seasons as far as futility goes. I'm not using it as an excuse in any way, but after a while the more casual fans are going to quiet down a bit. Again, I cannot speak on behalf of the entire Bengals' fanbase...I can only speak for myself. I've attended at least one bengals game every year for the last 10 years (I would go to every home game if it weren't for the distance and my parents). I've even looked at attending universities close to Cincinnati so I could go to the games on sundays. (Unfortunately I'll probably end up going to Duke University...b-ball season should be fun, though).

I just think any generalizations made about a team's fanbase are real slaps in the face to the true fans who support their team through the best and the worst. Just my 2 cents.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm not talking about the "true fans" of the Bungal fanbase........I'm talking about the majority which obviously doesn't make up near the number that other fanbases do. I'm sorry, the Bungal fanbase is a joke. Once again, your giving me information about your Bungal loyalty, I'm not nor have I ever questioned your loyalty and love for the Bungals.

steelers07
02-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Well it's good to know we got 2 recievers who can't be covered 1 on 1 :dang: I like Housh a lot but please buddy leave the trash talking to Chad

You need to go back to your little retarted forum!!! BUNGLE fans SUCK!! You will be more than welcome in 15 years when you make it back to the playoffs until then suck it!!!!

SteelerzGirl
02-16-2006, 06:18 PM

Palmer did play in the playoff game, dude, and the Steelers took him OUT...(lol)! And very quickly, I might add. Imagine that! :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2006, 06:46 PM

Wow, I wish I could read the future and be able to predict what "would" have happened in certain scenarios. That's amazing. Almost as amazing as when Chad Johnson predicted that the Bungals are the new dogs of the division.

bigbensrose
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
"I think Carson's a much better quarterback than I am", said Roethlisberger.
I love how just about every Bengals fan has this posted under their post. I wonder if Indy fans have his other quote under their post...you know the one where he said "we're gonna have to bring our A plus game if we wanna beat their B game". All the critics could talk about before the season started was the sophomore jinx. To me Roethlisbergers comments truly sounded tongue in cheek. Meaning ......well if all the critics SAY we won't win then I guess we wont. I guess he should have said what he was really thinking.......First we're gonna go into Cincy and show them who rules this division, Then we'll go in Indy and expose Manning for the choker he is. Then we'll go to Denver and charm the snake into submission......Then after the bandwagon is completely full we'll stop by Detriot and collect the ring......no need to play since the critics have already said the NFC in inferior. Come on Bungles..........Palmer a better QB than Ben...please........if you even hope to have a chance next year ...open your eyes to the truth. Ben is the man.......His record speaks for itself. And as far as Chad Johnsons comment about going from Black and white to color............it was NEVER black and white......it is and always will be BLACK AND GOLD !!!!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Wow, I wish I could read the future and be able to predict what "would" have happened in certain scenarios. That's amazing. Almost as amazing as when Chad Johnson predicted that the Bungals are the new dogs of the division.

Everyone else here seems pretty certain that Pittsburgh would have won the two games they lost with Maddox at QB - if only they had Ben R. there instead.

Isn't this the same thing?

NM

bigbensrose
02-17-2006, 01:15 AM
*chuckle*..I think every Steeler fan should thank Tommy for losing those games.....If not for him, the Steelers wouldnt have been declared dead at 7-5, thus propelling the greatest post season run of all time.

schoondog
02-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Everyone else here seems pretty certain that Pittsburgh would have won the two games they lost with Maddox at QB - if only they had Ben R. there instead.

NM

Maddux sucks and should never be allowed to step foot on a football field again.The differences between Kitna and Maddux are simple, Kitna has talent Maddux has none. and apparently Maddux is suffering from the O-donnell syndrom---suiting up for the steelers but playing for the other team

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 05:07 AM

NM

Well LITP, I'm not "everyone else" and I personally don't care to speculate on what "would" have or what "could" have happened. Who knows? Ben could have been in that Jaguar game and could have thrown two picks and we still would have lost that game. He could have thrown four TD's and we could have have won that game. Personally, I don't claim to be the Miss Cleo of the NFL sporting world.

I leave that job up to Bengal and Seahawk fans.

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 09:51 AM

NM

no. big difference.

bens career record is 27-4, or is it 28-4 now? anyways if carson had that same record going into the steelers playoff game i would give it some credence.

plus the trend that 1st time playoff starting qb's didnt do to well in this years playoffs.

plus the fact that the steelers simply werent gonna lose that game. they had a stronger will to win than any other team they faced in the playoffs. carson wouldve been wearing a #55 designer back pack just like peyton.

these bengals fans make it like losing carson is the same as the patriots losing tom brady. hes not in that same league as far as winning games is concerned.

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Well LITP, I'm not "everyone else" and I personally don't care to speculate on what "would" have or what "could" have happened. Who knows? Ben could have been in that Jaguar game and could have thrown two picks and we still would have lost that game. He could have thrown four TD's and we could have have won that game. Personally, I don't claim to be the Miss Cleo of the NFL sporting world.

I leave that job up to Bengal and Seahawk fans.

Not a big fan of mock drafts then I take it?

I dont think its unfair to say that your starting QB should perform better for your team than the back-up (Unless your team is Atlanta) - maybe this wont work out everytime - but surely the whole point of having your best QB on the field is that he gives you a better chance to win?

Seems like basic logic to me.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 10:00 AM
no. big difference.

bens career record is 27-4, or is it 28-4 now? anyways if carson had that same record going into the steelers playoff game i would give it some credence.

plus the trend that 1st time playoff starting qb's didnt do to well in this years playoffs.

plus the fact that the steelers simply werent gonna lose that game. they had a stronger will to win than any other team they faced in the playoffs. carson wouldve been wearing a #55 designer back pack just like peyton.

these bengals fans make it like losing carson is the same as the patriots losing tom brady. hes not in that same league as far as winning games is concerned.

I take your point that losing Ben is more of a down grade than losing Carson.
But surely you have to reason that Carson would have been more effective than Kitna on 85% of occasions?

He is the starter for a reason I suppose.

The only thing factual about the whole episode is that in Carson's only passing play from scrimmage he put a 60yard bomb right on the money - it would take Kitna about 3 throws to get that far.

NM

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
to bad games arent won on the 1st passing play from scrimmage. steelers wouldve adjusted and won the game. peyton manning did the same thing to the steelers defense in the regular season and they did an excellent job of adjusting.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Not a big fan of mock drafts then I take it?

I dont think its unfair to say that your starting QB should perform better for your team than the back-up (Unless your team is Atlanta) - maybe this wont work out everytime - but surely the whole point of having your best QB on the field is that he gives you a better chance to win?

Seems like basic logic to me.

NM

I never stated that you don't have a better chance of winning a football game with your starting QB in the game. At the same time, I never knew that simply because you have a better chance of winning a game with a specific player that it's an automatic given that you will win. Do you know for sure that the Bengals would have won if Palmer played? Or do you feel they would have had a better chance of winning. Big difference.

That's my point. So unless you can read the future or you're somehow able to state what would've happened in a specific game If so and so did play it's useless and pointless to ponder over or even worse, to use it as an excuse. Then again, I was brought up with the notion that you win some and you lose some. Don't make excuses, take your loss like a man.

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I never stated that you don't have a better chance of winning a football game with your starting QB in the game. At the same time, I never knew that simply because you have a better chance of winning a game with a specific player that it's an automatic given that you will win. Do you know for sure that the Bengals would have won if Palmer played? Or do you feel they would have had a better chance of winning. Big difference.

That's my point. So unless you can read the future or you're somehow able to state what would've happened in a specific game If so and so did play it's useless and pointless to ponder over or even worse, to use it as an excuse. Then again, I was brought up with the notion that you win some and you lose some. Don't make excuses, take your loss like a man.

I dont know where you got the idea that I thought the Bengals would have definitely won if Palmer had played?!

My point was there cannot be much doubt that the Bengals are a better side with him in it - therefore the Bengals would have stood a better chance of winning the game against Pittsburgh.

That is all.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
to bad games arent won on the 1st passing play from scrimmage. steelers wouldve adjusted and won the game. peyton manning did the same thing to the steelers defense in the regular season and they did an excellent job of adjusting.

I think Cowher should be sacked.

If all the Steelers had to do to win was 'make adjustments and win' then he should be held responsible for the Steelers not going 16-0.

NM

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Here is the thing though LITP. We may not have gotten to the Super Bowl. You know what Hell we have had getting to the Super Bowl at Home

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I dont know where you got the idea that I thought the Bengals would have definitely won if Palmer had played?!

My point was there cannot be much doubt that the Bengals are a better side with him in it - therefore the Bengals would have stood a better chance of winning the game against Pittsburgh.

That is all.

NM

I don't know where you got the idea that I thought the Bengals would not have had a better chance of winning if Palmer started. Once again, my main point was that I don't see how somebody (once again, not you) can say with certainty a specific team would win If their starting QB did start. That is all.

Btw, I did not mean you in particular when I brought up the Bengals. I just put the Bengal question out there in general. For the most part, responding to the person that my original comments were towards who stated......

"Kitna put up 17 against you guys imagine what Palmer would have done if not injured."

Now to me that comes off as "If we had Palmer we would have won".....not "If we had Palmer in there we would have had a better chance of winning". Personally, that's how I took it, I don't about you. Basically in my mind he was predicting with certainty on what would have happened if Palmer played. Not what might have happened. Once again, big difference there.

I simply responded with..........

"Wow, I wish I could read the future and be able to predict what "would" have happened in certain scenarios. That's amazing. Almost as amazing as when Chad Johnson predicted that the Bungals are the new dogs of the division."

That is all.

Livinginthe past
02-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't know where you got the idea that I thought the Bengals would not have had a better chance of winning if Palmer started. Once again, my main point was that I don't see how somebody (once again, not you) can say with certainty a specific team would win If their starting QB did start. That is all.

Btw, I did not mean you in particular when I brought up the Bengals. I just put the Bengal question out there in general. For the most part, responding to the person that my original comments were towards who stated......

"Kitna put up 17 against you guys imagine what Palmer would have done if not injured."

Now to me that comes off as "If we had Palmer we would have won".....not "If we had Palmer in there we would have had a better chance of winning". Personally, that's how I took it, I don't about you. Basically in my mind he was predicting with certainty on what would have happened if Palmer played. Not what might have happened. Once again, big difference there.

I simply responded with..........

"Wow, I wish I could read the future and be able to predict what "would" have happened in certain scenarios. That's amazing. Almost as amazing as when Chad Johnson predicted that the Bungals are the new dogs of the division."

That is all.

Even the original quote didnt insist that the Bengals would have won.

They just suggested strongly that if Kitna could have put up 17 points then carson would have been capable of more - that to me makes sense.

Better QB's put up more points if placed in identical situations- its a generalisation but im pretty sure it would prove to be correct.

Who knows how Pittsburgh would have reacted to being 10-14 points down - we will never know.

At the end of the day, Pittsburgh won it all because they deserved to - off-season talk is often hypothetical.

NM

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Who knows how Pittsburgh would have reacted to being 10-14 points down - we will never know.

NM funny thing about the steelers defense. its kind of like a 35 year old tradition around pittsburgh and within its fanbase and tightly knitted into its organization. they RARELY EVER have to react to being 10-14 points down. call it kizmett. we may never know how they react to such a horrible scenario.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 06:26 PM
They just suggested strongly that if Kitna could have put up 17 points then carson would have been capable of more -.

If that is the way you perceived it, more power to you. I already stated how I perceived it and how I still do perceive it. Oh well, it's been fun...lol.

Motley Nate
02-17-2006, 08:14 PM
I take your point that losing Ben is more of a down grade than losing Carson.
But surely you have to reason that Carson would have been more effective than Kitna on 85% of occasions?

He is the starter for a reason I suppose.

The only thing factual about the whole episode is that in Carson's only passing play from scrimmage he put a 60yard bomb right on the money - it would take Kitna about 3 throws to get that far.

NM
As far as the Carson / Kitna argument:

Carson is far more effective QB in comparison to Kitna in the Cincy offense based on:

1. His receivers trust that the ball placement will allow for both the catch and YAC.
2. Arm strength and a younger body.
3. Defensive coverage recognition.
4. Carson was given one year to learn and then put on a pedestal. There's a ton of beef over it, however Carson proved to be worthy. You don't lead the league in passing TD's for being Tim Couch.

As far as the Ben arguments:

I love to always ask "what if".

"What if" Pittsburgh had Carson Palmer. "What if" Cincy had Roethlisberger. Even iron-core Steeler fans would love to have Palmer at the helm of their offense. The guy puts points on the board.

Could you imagine with a defense like Pittsburgh's and an offense run by Carson Palmer? Lights out on the NFL. You'd have a hard time stopping them score, let alone scoring on them.

Counterpoint, how would Ben fare in the Cincy offense? Cincy has a pass-oriented offense. Ben would throw the ball more, but wouldn't have multiple running backs to help set up the pass. The defense wouldn't be to the same effect and he'd absolutely have to score on every drive. I don't think he'd have the same success, because much of his support would be non-existent.

Motley Nate
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
You need to go back to your little retarted forum!!! BUNGLE fans SUCK!! You will be more than welcome in 15 years when you make it back to the playoffs until then suck it!!!!
You need to fess up to being on the Browns boards too. But only when they win games. :busted:

T
R
O
L
L

CantStop85
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
no. big difference.

Nope, he didn't have a record like that...but he was an NFL MVP candidate and he was 4th in the league in passing yards, 2nd in passer rating, and 1st in touchdown passes while leading his team to its first playoff berth in 15 years.

Call me crazy, but I think Carson would have been just fine. (See first pass of game.)

Call me crazy, but I think Carson would've done just fine.
And I thought the Bengal fans were being over-confident with predictions. "plus the fact that the steelers simply werent gonna lose that game" Hindsight's 20/20, eh?

Excuse me? It could be argued that losing Carson is a greater blow than losing Brady. The Patriots actually have a defense that could help out a struggling offense. If you take out Palmer, then you have both a struggling defense and offense. Without Palmer, the Bengals don't even sniff a winning record. Brady's great and losing him would be a huge blow, but you make it sound like losing a franchise QB like Carson is no big deal. Carson had the second best QB rating in the NFL at 101.1 and the Bengals reached the playoffs for the first time in 15 years...do you think that's a coincidence? :dang:

Livinginthe past
02-18-2006, 12:45 AM

Carson is far more effective QB in comparison to Kitna in the Cincy offense based on:

1. His receivers trust that the ball placement will allow for both the catch and YAC.
4. Carson was given one year to learn and then put on a pedestal. There's a ton of beef over it, however Carson proved to be worthy. You don't lead the league in passing TD's for being Tim Couch.

"What if" Pittsburgh had Carson Palmer. "What if" Cincy had Roethlisberger. Even iron-core Steeler fans would love to have Palmer at the helm of their offense. The guy puts points on the board.

Could you imagine with a defense like Pittsburgh's and an offense run by Carson Palmer? Lights out on the NFL. You'd have a hard time stopping them score, let alone scoring on them.

Counterpoint, how would Ben fare in the Cincy offense? Cincy has a pass-oriented offense. Ben would throw the ball more, but wouldn't have multiple running backs to help set up the pass. The defense wouldn't be to the same effect and he'd absolutely have to score on every drive. I don't think he'd have the same success, because much of his support would be non-existent.

Nicely put.

Even if Carson wasn't by far the superior QB im sure you could even put some value in the fact that the Cincy WR's would just be alot more comfortable catching balls from the same guy they had been all year.

Alot of pressure has been put on Carson's shoulders with the lack of D in Cincy - but he seemed to handle it remarkably well all things considered.

It will interesting to see if Cincy can find some more D for next year - despite being weak this year I think they managed to overachieve - mainly due to the high amount of turnovers they generated.

I would say the AFCN is going to be most exciting division in football next year - it certainly has the storybook potential.

NM

CantStop85
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Carson's response:
Palmer does remember the animosity he has for the Steelers [due to the injury and playoff loss]. He said he was so “pissed” that he couldn’t watch them pull away from Seattle as he rooted hard for the Seahawks (“I couldn’t believe all the things that went on in that game,” he said.) and he turned off the Super Bowl before it was over.

But he did happen to catch Steelers head coach Bill Cowher’s act when he parodied the Bengals Who-Dey chant at the Super Bowl parade.

“When he started doing that, I was still pissed they won,” Palmer said. “But I realized he might have said something he shouldn’t have said and that it will fuel our fire a little more and make us a little bit hungrier to beat them.

Suitanim
03-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Didn't do him much good. Hopefully he'll be back for the second game next year...

tony hipchest
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Carson's response:somewhere cower is losing sleep for awakenning the mighty tigers. tommy maddox's greatest coup would be to defeat the steelers. you guys printing t-shirts yet?

we might as well dub carson palmers 1st series bomb "the pass" cause it was obviously that throw, that won the bengals the game had carson not got hurt. that pass didnt even go for a touchdown. give me a break.

oooooohhh carsons pissed. *shaking in my steelers boots*

im sure j. porters pissed that carsons even insinuating he will be back to exact revenge against the sb champs. after all he didnt even get a chance to try on his stylish #55 black and gold back pack. all qb's are wearing them

MAN-O-STEEL
03-24-2006, 06:50 AM
A perspective nobody is looking at is, when kitna came into the game the offensive game plan for cincy changed. the Steelers had game planned for Palmer not Kitna.(Kitna and Palmer don't play the same kind of game.) At half-time the Steelers made the defensive adjustment to Kitna and the game was over after that.

figg
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Suck like he has all but one game against us :rolleyes:

figg
03-24-2006, 07:34 PM

No thanks Nate. I'll take Ben!

figg
03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
F*** Marvin,TJ,CJ and the rest of them loud mouth bungals! The reason the Steelers did the we dey chant was because TJ Douchebagzatta wiped his feet with a terrible towel. Cowher did it again because your coach talked sh** about Ben. Carson di**inhispalmer needs to look at his own team before he pops off. :rolleyes: