PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

MMAGLENN
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
i was wondering what all of you thought about Ike? as far as resigning him? talent? etc

The Lakelander
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I like Ike.

He is a good cover corner.

He has had a solid career shutting down some of the NFL's best WR's in some big games.

He doesn't have good hands.

He plays the WR's body as good as any CB in the game.

I hope the team keeps him around ... he is fluid, he has speed, he gets into the WR's chest on coverage.

Ike Taylor is a solid Pittsburgh Steeler!

alex
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Ike is ok. and i support if the team wants to re-sign him.

BKAnthem
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
He's the Best Corner they have, and one of the better cover corners in the league....they have to re-sign him

truesteelerfan
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I've always thought Ike was a solid talent...Has the potential to be a superstar...but can't seem to hold onto the INTS that he should....If he caught everything he should have...he would have made some pro bowls....Should resign...but not in the range of the best CB in the league...Still the best we have!

pete74
08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
He's our best corner so I like him

cloppbeast
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
The Steelers were wise not to resign Ike. He's no spring chicken, and they have 2 second year corners waiting in the wings. If neither Keenan Lewis or Joe Burnett show any signs of being a potential replacement for Ike, then resign him next year.

With that being said, I do like Ike. He's always had the talent, even if he hasn't always lived up to his potential. After Tomlin arrived though, he became the shutdown corner we all knew he could be. Only his hands prevented him from greatness.

vrabinec
08-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I love Ike providing he has all his speed. Guys start to lose a step after they hit 30, and that's not something he can afford, because he really doesn't have anything else. He doesn't have great instincts, he doesn't have great hands. He has recovery speed and adequate technique. At this point, Ike is poised to fall off the cliff IMO and shouldn't be re-signed long term. Hate to say that, because I really do like him.

Steelerfreak58
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I like him he is a good cover CB very underrated. With the contract/union issues coming up after this year and all of its complexities that I have been reading about it doesn't seem like anything will be resolved and a strike will more then likely happen. A lot of teams are holding off on talking about signing people next year because of the issues negotiations are currently experiencing.

The Lakelander
08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I love Ike providing he has all his speed. Guys start to lose a step after they hit 30, and that's not something he can afford, because he really doesn't have anything else. He doesn't have great instincts, he doesn't have great hands. He has recovery speed and adequate technique. At this point, Ike is poised to fall off the cliff IMO and shouldn't be re-signed long term. Hate to say that, because I really do like him.

Hmmmmm ?????????

I get your point.

But ....

Speed doesn't necessarily have to decline at 30. DeShea stuck around much later than that and contributed as a part-timer after being a starter.

Just saying ...

scsteeler
08-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I like Ike and if he had better hands he would be considered one of the Top Corners in the NFL but all those dropped balls have hurt what he does on the field.

24seven
08-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Ike was our best cb by far.. yet our secondary sucks royally.. Not sure what that makes Ike really.. I saw him flub up tons of times and almost everytime he'd do that hand to the face crap acting like he's all that then get burned on the next play... Not real hip on his arrogant side since he definitely ain't no Troy p. And not even he acts like that..

Wallace108
08-06-2010, 02:41 AM
We like Ike ... but we'd also like a few more interceptions.

Goat27
08-07-2010, 05:07 AM
It's time for his contract to be up, so he has to have at least a 5 or 6 pick season. No more trying to look good in warm-ups, just go and be that top corner he has the ability to be. Face me Ike is a good marketing tool he has so, if he can go out and show he can get 5 or 6 picks a season, he can stay with this team a long time