PDA

View Full Version : Any autograph collectors?

Bussy36
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Just curious if anyone has had success writing to the Steelers? I wrote a handful of letters to some athletes when I was younger and had pretty good success. Got photos or cards back from guys like Lemieux, Francis, Ulfie, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy, Brodeur, Ed Jovanovski and some others I forget. I was also a big card collector. Just went to a card show not long ago and it kind of lit the fire a little bit again. I've sent letters out to a handful of Steelers (Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Smith, Wallace) and ex-Steelers (Bradshaw, Kevin Greene, S. Holmes, Woodson). I'm not a fanatic about it, I send a 4x6 photo and have no interest in selling anything. I've just always thought it was a fun little hobby. It's pretty cool when you get something back in the mail after you've long forgot about it.

Anyone else into writing to any athletes? And successes you could share?

SteeleReign
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I wrote a letter on behalf of my daughter to Hines Ward and received an autographed photo for her. I've never written any other athletes. If you live anywhere near Latrobe you should hit training camp - my kids get TONS of autographs each year.