PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tattoos

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I am gonna get a Pittsburgh Steelers tattoo.

It's gonna be on my right arm and have the Steelers logo and a barbed wire band around the arm with barbed wire sticking into two sides of the logo kind of "holding it on" to my arm.The wire will be black and the barbs will be gold.I am also going to have blood drops that are black and gold to represent that I "bleed" black and gold.

Anyone care to post photos of thier tattoos or tats they have seen?

Koopa
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
that sounds cool, i'll get my steelers tattoo sometime in the summer, this past saturday i just got my first tattoo. i don't have a digital camera so i can post it up, but this is the picture i used for it http://img.pconline.com.cn/images/bbs4/logo/2005/7/26/1122357798956733.JPG

i was kinda upset with there being no pain involved, i don't like pain but everyone is always saying it hurts like hell i had it building it up that it was gonna hurt but once the dude started on it i was aaaaaaaaaaa so have you started?

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Cool,I like the Spurs (though I am a Cavs fan).

luvmysteelers
02-14-2006, 05:26 PM

It's gonna be on my right arm and have the Steelers logo and a barbed wire band around the arm with barbed wire sticking into two sides of the logo kind of "holding it on" to my arm.The wire will be black and the barbs will be gold.I am also going to have blood drops that are black and gold to represent that I "bleed" black and gold.

Post a pic when you get it done, it sounds awesome!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh believe me,when I get it done,I will have pics up.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
No offense, but I see all my grandpa's WWII tat's, and they all look like blue blobs or black clumps of gop, and I have to pass...

klick81
02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Did your gramps have them done by one of his buddies? That could be why.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 08:01 PM
No, but I hardly think it matters...what happens to 20 years old skin is bound to break down on that same skin 60+ years later when it starts to sag and shrink and such.

Don't even get me started on women's lower back tat's. That's gonna be a crisis circa 2050 or so...

4xSBChamps
02-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Don't even get me started on women's lower back tat's. That's gonna be a crisis circa 2050 or so...
I dated a woman who's 27 year-old daughter had a lower-back tat done.....
it was a crisis at AGE 27!!!!!
:puke:

Man_Of_Steel
02-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm thinking about getting one too, on my bicep. The ink they use today is a lot better than what they used 40 or 50 years ago.

TasmanianTroy271
02-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I think I might get one someday, but nothing elaborate. I hate big elaborate tattoos. Maybe something like the 3 hypercycloids with their colors somewhere on one of my arms, you know?

DIESELMAN
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM

That sounds cool as hell definitely post a pic when you get it.......I've got 9 tats myself thinking about getting an old school Steeler tat something with either the Steel Curtain or one showing their SB trophies(with room for more)...

geran42o
02-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Make sure that you get the logo big enough to have Steelers put in it. If it's to small the artist won't do it cause eventually the letters will bleed together, or so I was told. I have a similar design on my left arm. Just got it this year. It's the Steeler logo( without the word Steeler) on Chromed out barbed wire. Still looks pretty cool,even though it doesn't say Steelers on it. I just can't find an artist that will even attempt to put it in. As soon as I get a pic I'll post it.

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2006, 08:19 PM
I was thinking about just the word "Steelers" like in the picture in this link.

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/01/27/17/70-88_61897.jpg

luvmysteelers
02-16-2006, 05:12 AM
That would be cool, Nick.

klick81
02-16-2006, 04:26 PM
So does anyone have actual pics of their tatoos?

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I have two, but I don't have pics of them. Never really had the desire to take a picture of them and post them on the internet....

LambertIsGod58
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Here's a pic of my tattoo of the famous 1984 Sports Illustrated cover of Jack Lambert. The pic was taken in 2003 when I met him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Lambert58/lam2.jpg

LambertIsGod58
02-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Lambert has some of these pics on his official site www.Lambert58.com It's under the section called "Jacked Up"

klick81
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
^^That's freakin awesome! Haha...

slashsteel
02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.steelreign.org/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_slash.jpg

Here is my tat.

noto45
02-16-2006, 08:32 PM
I got these both right before the superbowl!

klick81
02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Sweet! I like the one on your arm the most.

Man_Of_Steel
02-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Here's a pic of my tattoo of the famous 1984 Sports Illustrated cover of Jack Lambert. The pic was taken in 2003 when I met him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Lambert58/lam2.jpg

What did he say about it?

SteelRed2Gulf
02-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I myself have a tattoo of Dermontii Dawson on my back. Its him getting ready to snap the ball to ol Kordell. I plan on getting another one when I get back but haven't decided on what. My back is pretty much taken up by Dawson.:cool:

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 05:11 PM
I myself have a tattoo of Dermontii Dawson on my back. Its him getting ready to snap the ball to ol Kordell. I plan on getting another one when I get back but haven't decided on what. My back is pretty much taken up by Dawson.:cool:

You have a tat on your back with Kordell in it?

Poor bastard!

LambertIsGod58
02-18-2006, 07:37 PM
What did he say about it?

Lambert said "You are ****in' sick". He loved it he said. This tat broke the ice when I met him the first time. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to speak to him in greater length.

StillerPaul
02-18-2006, 10:42 PM
You have a tat on your back with Kordell in it?

Poor bastard!

LOL

Does he have that deer in the headlights look in it? LOL

SteelRed2Gulf
02-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah I have a tattoo that includes Kordell. At least Dawson is there to override his presence. Actually call me nuts but I've always liked the guy. Anyway I've seen some very cool tattoos.:globe:

augustashark
02-19-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a huge tat of Mark Malone on my back.....It takes up the entire back!

augustashark
02-19-2006, 12:13 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Just kidding!:bouncy:

PisnNapalm
02-19-2006, 07:12 AM
I have a huge tat of Mark Malone on my back.....It takes up the entire back!

The hair for the mustache is real back hair though. :sofunny:

LambertIsGod58
02-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm thinkin' of getting another tattoo.....Either Richard Butkus, Jerome Bettis or Troy Polamalu. One of Troy with his hair in his face with a nasty look.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm thinkin' of getting another tattoo.....Either Richard Butkus, Jerome Bettis or Troy Polamalu. One of Troy with his hair in his face with a nasty look.

If I were you, I would go with Jack Ham on the other shoulder blade. The best LB in the history of the game in my opinion.

LambertIsGod58
02-19-2006, 03:42 PM
If I were you, I would go with Jack Ham on the other shoulder blade. The best LB in the history of the game in my opinion.

I've got enough room.....I'l get both Hammy and Russell. The best LB trio in NFL history.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Anybody see that guy on the local news here in Pittsburgh? The guy had his whole back inked up with Steeler players, coaches and owners?

Funny part, he had Plaxico on his back also. That must suck.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2006, 03:44 PM
I've got enough room.....I'l get both Hammy and Russell. The best LB trio in NFL history.

Right on.

MattsMe
03-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Anybody see that guy on the local news here in Pittsburgh? The guy had his whole back inked up with Steeler players, coaches and owners?

Funny part, he had Plaxico on his back also. That must suck.

Here's a video of him. The artwork's awesome. Too bad Plax is there though.
Just goes to show, you should wait till they retire as a Steeler, just to make sure.

http://www.kdka.com/video/?id=12721@kdka.dayport.com

AvoidLLoyd95
03-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Soon I will be getting my artwork done. It is DIESLEMANS avatar. It is a man of steel holding a Steeler flag flexing his bicep. I think it is pretty cool myself.

slim shady
03-14-2006, 04:58 PM
got mine three weeks ago. Im not big on tattoos. but when the playoffs started, before the cincy game i drew a steeler emblem on my arm. didnt think much about it. the wife saw it, and commented...so got you a tattoo? I said yep, and if we win the superbowl, im getting one for real...now as much as I wanted them to win, I really didnt think we could pull it off, not that we wasn't good enough, it was just a big task, with being on the road the whole way. and i drew that same emblem every week, including the superbowl. anywho, they won the superbowl, and being afraid that I would pizz off the football gods, I went and got one. its my own design. and for those who dont know...it hurt like a biotch, but i only cried twice.lol now maybe it hurt so bad because im a big pusz. but non the less...it hurt.

AvoidLLoyd95
03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
got mine three weeks ago. Im not big on tattoos. but when the playoffs started, before the cincy game i drew a steeler emblem on my arm. didnt think much about it. the wife saw it, and commented...so got you a tattoo? I said yep, and if we win the superbowl, im getting one for real...now as much as I wanted them to win, I really didnt think we could pull it off, not that we wasn't good enough, it was just a big task, with being on the road the whole way. and i drew that same emblem every week, including the superbowl. anywho, they won the superbowl, and being afraid that I would pizz off the football gods, I went and got one. its my own design. and for those who dont know...it hurt like a biotch, but i only cried twice.lol now maybe it hurt so bad because im a big pusz. but non the less...it hurt.

Mine is a similar story. In 2004 when they played the Patriots on Halloween my 5 year old daughter drew two spiders with the Steeler emblem for the bodies on each of my forearms, they won. So the next week against Philly I had her do it again, they won. So she drew them every game after that until they lost in the AFCCG. I continued this tradition into 2005 and said before preseason that if they won the Super Bowl, I would get a real tattoo of the team. During their three game losing streak I had her switch to the regular round Steeler symbol and they didn't lose another game. Long story short, I am getting the work done in the next month or two. The ultimate tribute to a team that I feel is a part of my soul.