PDA

View Full Version : NFL Team Report: Sanders Makes Steelers Coaches Take Notice

pete74
08-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Third-round WR Emmanuel Sanders(notes) has been one of the surprises of camp. The coaches knew about his speed and playmaking ability before the draft, but they have been impressed with his route-running and quickness in and out of breaks. In that regard, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Sanders is ahead of where Mike Wallace(notes), last yearís third-round choice, was at this point in 2009. Wallace won the No. 3 job in camp last year and became a big-play receiver during the season, catching six touchdowns.

Sanders probably will be the teamís fourth receiver and back up Wallace at the split end position. But, if he continues his development, Arians will find ways to get him on the field. Sanders and sixth-round pick Antonio Brown(notes), who has also been impressive, will help ease the loss of WR Santonio Holmes(notes), who was traded to the Jets after repeated off-field incidents.

supa_fly_steeler
08-05-2010, 03:35 AM
i guess that's our four of the future. that's if limas can actually play and take the 4th role when ward is gone

pete74
08-05-2010, 04:25 AM
i would love to see both sanders and brown play like wallace did last season. its almost gurenteed that ward will be hurt during the season so we really need someone to step up. plus it would be nice to have 3 young wr's who can actually change a game

Steelerfreak58
08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
i guess that's our four of the future. that's if limas can actually play and take the 4th role when ward is gone

Limas is done. A torn Achilles is impossible to come back from for a WR that relies on fast break away starts from a dead cold start and the quick snap cuts that are demanded on almost every play of a game. Its just a simple fact of the human anatomy.

I liked Limas I thought he got a raw deal by many of the fans that wanted his head. That being said I think the young mans career is over in the NFL. A torn Achilles is just way way too hard to recover from playing at that position and its demands on the human body.

pittguy578
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
I was looking at the combine results..I am not surprised at all that he is making a splash. He was one of the quickest players in the draft and had the most athletic ability. The only knock on him is that he was small.

supa_fly_steeler
08-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I was looking at the combine results..I am not surprised at all that he is making a splash. He was one of the quickest players in the draft and had the most athletic ability. The only knock on him is that he was small.

i wouldnt call him small...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/56/564744.jpg

pittguy578
08-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I know he isn't "small" but that is what the "experts" were saying.

PhantomJB93
08-08-2010, 02:19 AM
I originally HATED this pick when we drafted him, I was PI$$ED that we took a receiver in the third and passed on Golden Tate...but then about a week after the draft I started watching some of his film and stuff and realized how foolish I was to not trust the Rooneys lol, ever since then I realized just how good this guy could end up being and Im actually SHOCKED he wasn't ranked higher on draft boards, I think if he went to a more nationally recognized college he could have been a first/second round pick...I love Randle El but I really hope Sanders beats him out on the depth chart and gets in on a lot of plays, this guy has ROTY potential IMO if we throw to him enough. Not to mention he's one of the classiest guys too, check out his Facebook page he actually takes the time to personally respond to everybody's (I literally mean everybody's) comments (at least he did before camp started).

pete74
08-08-2010, 07:20 AM
yea i wasnt to happy with our draft myself but as time goes on its looking better and better.

supa_fly_steeler
08-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I know he isn't "small" but that is what the "experts" were saying.

Experts think they know everything.

DoubleYoi
08-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I originally HATED this pick when we drafted him, I was PI$$ED that we took a receiver in the third and passed on Golden Tate...but then about a week after the draft I started watching some of his film and stuff and realized how foolish I was to not trust the Rooneys lol, ever since then I realized just how good this guy could end up being and Im actually SHOCKED he wasn't ranked higher on draft boards, I think if he went to a more nationally recognized college he could have been a first/second round pick...I love Randle El but I really hope Sanders beats him out on the depth chart and gets in on a lot of plays, this guy has ROTY potential IMO if we throw to him enough. Not to mention he's one of the classiest guys too, check out his Facebook page he actually takes the time to personally respond to everybody's (I literally mean everybody's) comments (at least he did before camp started).

A guy is classy if he responds to Facebook posts? If that makes someone classy then I'm Ron Burgundy.

pittguy578
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I couldn't find him on Facebook.

DanRooney
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I couldn't find him on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Emmanuel-Sanders-When-a-Dream-Becomes-Reality/116887828336765?ref=ts :thumbsup:

PhantomJB93
08-10-2010, 12:36 AM
A guy is classy if he responds to Facebook posts? If that makes someone classy then I'm Ron Burgundy.

I don't mean thats alone makes him a good person or anything, but yes I think taking the time out of your day to personally respond to every fan that says "Good luck I know youll be a great Steeler" is pretty classy.

pete74
08-10-2010, 04:38 AM
im praying he will do as well as wallace did last season. we need someone to replace ward soon

DoubleYoi
08-10-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't mean thats alone makes him a good person or anything, but yes I think taking the time out of your day to personally respond to every fan that says "Good luck I know youll be a great Steeler" is pretty classy.

Probably pays his 12 year old cousin $100 a week to keep up with his Fb page.

SteelKnight
08-10-2010, 06:43 PM

That small stuff keep freaking driving me nuts. He is 5'11 and the NFL site said he was small and there is a 6'0 receiver that the NFL guide said has good size and has rare speed for his size. The difference is 1 inch. This is stupid. Santonio Holmes was his exact height (5'11). Wallace is only 6'0. Marvin Harrison was 6'0.

SteelKnight
08-10-2010, 06:54 PM
yea i wasnt to happy with our draft myself but as time goes on its looking better and better.

I agree. I great draft has 2 starters and maybe 1 contributor. This draft has the potential to have that with Pouncey, Worilds, Sanders and Gibson. Even Sylvester and Brown are getting raves. While Dwyer has looked bad, this could change.

I too hope Sanders beats out Randel El. I hear Battle has been good. That sucks because I wanted him cut so Brown could make the team.

I still don't get why the steelers disposed of Shaun McDonald. He looked great in the preseason.