PDA

View Full Version : XL! Finish the sentence!

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 04:36 PM
As a Steelers Fan, the best part of the 2005 Super Bowl Championship season was.......

BB2W
02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
... seeing Cowher finally hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

clevestinks
the look on Cowhers face! The monkey has been lifted off his back. What a sense of relief for him. King Cowher!

I know the Bettis thing cannot be overlooked. But Cowher is a born and raised Pittsburgher.

Also the playoff ride was unreal!

4xSBChamps
As a Steelers Fan, the best part of the 2005 Super Bowl Championship season was.......
".....seeing my beloved Stillers win another Super Bowl, the 5th that I'm old-enough to have experienced, after a few recent disappointments, in what will probably be my last Winter in Pennsylvania."

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 04:40 PM
... seeing Cowher finally hoisting the Lombardi trophy.
We must have been thinking the same thing, at the same time 4:39!

BB2W
02-14-2006, 04:45 PM
We must have been thinking the same thing, at the same time 4:39!
The look on his face was awesome, and nearly brought a tear to my eyes.

If I had to pick a second favorite moment... it would be the throwback play against the Bengals in the playoffs.

drizze99
02-14-2006, 04:45 PM

listening to all the Seachicken fans cry, lol. (j/k)

FINALLY seeing a Super Bowl that I will remember forever! I was only a little whipper snapper when we won the other 4.

Milkman
02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
getting another SB win not only for Cowher, Bettis and the Rooney's, but for "all" the Steeler fans who have been craving another championship!

WeNowHave5
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
seeing the glee on Hines Ward's face after his post-season tears last year

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Sticking it to the media and the league who said we couldnt do it! Sticking it to the all the playoff teams that thought they were king shiat till we came into their house and opened up a can of Black n Gold Whoop Ass on em !

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
............seeing the fans, coaching staff and vets on this team that have been through thick and thin together finally get what they deserve. That's what put the huge smile on my face on Super Bowl Sunday.

pucho58
02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Whipping the Bengals in the first round,Cower getting the monkey off his back and finally getting that 5th Super Bowl.

Petesburgh66
02-14-2006, 05:58 PM

winning all the playoffs games on the road. The experts in media said it can't done, especially a 6th seed. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I gotta say that, even after riding the emotional roller coaster that was the Super Bowl, there was a time in the Colts game around the end of the first half that I was as proud to be a Steeler fan as I've ever been...it was some kind of weird euphoria...difficult to describe...but after basically EVERYONE saying we had no chance, and being surrounded by Browns fans who were there just to laugh as we crashed and burned, and basically just blowing them out in the first half...

It was the highlight of my season...

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 06:46 PM

GETTING MY FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP.I WASN'T BORN IN TIME FOR THE FIRST FOUR!

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Let me say, all great answers so far. Can`t argue any of them!

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 07:28 PM
...for the 1st time in the cowher era, not worrying about or wondering what could or might go wrong. and having that assured feeling of "destiny" and this was the time

steelersgirl86
02-14-2006, 09:11 PM
ditto.....to all of the answers....cowher, the bus, hines, rooneys,fans, The Buses parents also....I must say I loved them winning so we could go to the parade.....the playoffs...everything was awesome....living the whole experience the last month...look so forward to the next game....

Stlrs4Life
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Regaining the same feeling I had 26 years ago!

4xSBChamps
02-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Regaining the same feeling I had 26 years ago!
[Professor Turgeson]
"GOOD-ANSWER, GOOD-ANSWER..... I'm keepin' my EYES on you!!!!!"
[/Professor Turgeson]

melroseplace
02-14-2006, 10:49 PM
wow, I don't know if I can pick one thing. I loved the feeling I had ever since the beginning of the season, then that got stronger during the playoffs that this was our year...seeing Cowher when it sunk in that he had finally done it...hearing Bettis announce he was going out on top..."The Play" (Randle El to Hines)...experiencing the parade downtown with 250,000 of my fellow fans, the players and staff

DIESELMAN
02-15-2006, 12:58 AM
seeing it all come together at the end of the season,walking through the playoffs and finally getting that #5 Lombardi......

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-15-2006, 01:06 AM

that Colt kick going wiiiiiide... at that moment I KNEW it was destiny for the STEELERS!!!

I know only hope that that moment is the begining of a new dynasty like the one I lived through before during the 70's. Dynasty football is definitely the best...you just got to string a few together. Ask the Pats fans, that's why they are so arrogant ... they earned the right!!!

HburgXL06
02-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Seein for da first time in my life my proud Steelers doin what I knew they could....WINNING IT ALL! I got to see Cowher smile for da 5th time in my life (and yes I've counted). Seein Bettis win in his hometown. Roethlisberger provin da critics wrong n holdin his own. Ward showin da world why he deserves MVP. Porter, Polomalu, Farrior, Townsend, Hampton, Miller, Wilson, Randel El all gettin rings. There is no end to da joy. Da Steelers have never won one witout winnin another.......yea I'ma say it.....we have da makings of a dynasty. We have Stars who play Super, not as individuals but as a team. Black n Gold baby!

Two thousand six is over n we on top!
Da Bus may be pulled over but we ain't gonna stop!
We now up n runnin n we comin to compete
Best step out da way
Black n Gold got you beat
We came n owned in Super Bowl XL
Came straight from da bottom da pits of hell
Went against 1 2 n 3 n made them fail
Came up da ladder like a storybook tale
Went to da Bengals n took they stripes
Made da Colts dry they eyes wit Kleenex wipes
Owned Mile High n Plummer
Denver still down on a bummer
Went cross-country from Cincy to Indy to Denver
Made two thousand six a year to remember
Came from hell straight to heaven
GET READY HERE WE GO TWO THOUSAND SEVEN!

Peace

BuFu

WisconsinSteelerMan
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM

Actually getting to see some nationally televised games with my boys playing top notch.

Livin' in Wisconsin, all i get are cheez heads... I hope we get some decent nationally televised games next season!

The feeling of pure pride in my team the hope and heart attacks...

AWESOME!!!

atrus20
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Everything has pretty much been said already. I'm just so happy that my team has finally won it all after rooting for them for so long. The last time the Steelers won the superbowl I was 2. I am glad that I could see and live it now. :tt:

FisherMOM
02-15-2006, 11:04 PM
.....the last 7 seconds of the Super Bowl,
when it finally started sinking in that
"OH MY GOSH! WE WON!!! WE WON!!! WE'RE THE CHAMPIONS!!!"
Jumping up and down and screaming!
Then seeing the Lombardi trophy being held by the Steelers.

It was incredible!!!!

StillerPaul
02-16-2006, 12:38 AM

That amazing feeling of our team being invincible during our playoff run. Ya just could feel it in the air that no team was gonna beat us this year. It was finally OUR time. Time to get that monkey off of Cowher's back too! :bouncy:

FisherMOM
02-16-2006, 07:26 AM
yeah Paul.. that too!!! ROAD WARRIORS... it was awesome!

mdhus
02-16-2006, 01:20 PM

not seeing another season end on a disappointing note/game....and everything else mentioned so far ;)

SB XL CHAMPS!

SalukiSteelers
02-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Watching Bill Cowher throw the can't win the big one monkey off his back. Also, at the beginning of the season, my buddies and I picked who we thought would win the Super Bowl. Carolina, Minnesota, San Diego, and Indy all were picked. I chose the Steelers and all my boys looked at me like I was crazy. Damn, it feels good to stick it in their faces.

BlackNGold203
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Obviously the end of the SB and the parade....

but...

the Indy game...Our boys shut up EVERYBODY....21-3 after 3 quarters....total domination of a team the NOBODY said we could beat....Even the Indy announcers.."This isnt rust..this is Pittsburgh kicking our butts"...I was NEVER so proud of my black and gold...

What a run!!!!

4xSBChamps
02-16-2006, 02:38 PM
..... Even the Indy announcers..... "This isnt rust..... this is Pittsburgh kicking our butts" .....
Never heard that quote before:
that speaks VOLUMES!!!!!

MichiSteeler
02-16-2006, 03:15 PM
...by doing what nobody but our own kind thought we could do, week after week. :bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM

Being A Champion again and seeing the Bus ride into the sunset with his ring.

clevestinks
02-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Watching Bill Cowher throw the can't win the big one monkey off his back. Also, at the beginning of the season, my buddies and I picked who we thought would win the Super Bowl. Carolina, Minnesota, San Diego, and Indy all were picked. I chose the Steelers and all my boys looked at me like I was crazy. Damn, it feels good to stick it in their faces.
Did you win $$$$$$$$?