PDA

View Full Version : The new ring!

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
If anybody finds any info on the new Super Bowl rings, make sure to post it. I`m real curious to how it looks. Some of the newest ones out, like the Pats are sweet. Do they release pictures before they are given out?

WeNowHave5
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
If anybody finds any info on the new Super Bowl rings, make sure to post it. I`m real curious to how it looks. Some of the newest ones out, like the Pats are sweet. Do they release pictures before they are given out?

Be cool if it had a Teary-eyed Seahawk on it somewhere

BlitzburghRockCity
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I dont believe they have even decided on a design yet but I could be wrong.

I cant wait to see it either!

BB2W
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I read an article about how one of the employees at Jostens (the company who makes the rings) who used to play for the Steelers. He said they will show Rooney four different designs and he will choose the one he likes best. He also said that noone but Rooney and Jostens will know what they look like until they are given to the players, and that could be as late as next season.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-14-2006, 05:54 PM
We probally won't see them until possibly the first game of the season.That is when they will probally be handed out.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 05:59 PM
i heard dan rooney was giving his to the emperor of china. lol

43Hitman
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
i heard dan rooney was giving his to the emperor of china. lol

Lol..as a "gift"..lol

XxKnightxX
02-15-2006, 07:08 AM
I actually met what I think was the VP or chairman of jostens whos name is John Pappas. He held this conference at my high school showing many styles of rings including a video on how the previous super bowl rings were made, but I heard that they dont make them all the time.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I actually met what I think was the VP or chairman of jostens whos name is John Pappas. He held this conference at my high school showing many styles of rings including a video on how the previous super bowl rings were made, but I heard that they dont make them all the time.
different companies bid on the contract. jostens have done the most. at our high school they pased around a giant replica of terry bradshaws 74 ring. i wanted to pocket it so bad!

Lyn
02-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I also like the Pats ring it is all and I mean ALL Diamond then they have a small replica of their logo. Very kewl

clevestinks
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Although I love the Steelers, but the first four rings, and all old super bowl rings, are boring compared to the new ones,

Ambridge
02-15-2006, 02:51 PM
I think Five Diamond Hypcycloids arranged with one in the middle and the other four meeting the points of the same middle Hypocycloid would look great.

Mamaduck43
02-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Jerome Bettis was talking about it this morning on the Regis and Kelly show... He said that he went up to Mr. Rooney and said that he would like to be on the design committee for the ring..... Mr. Rooney said, "Fine - - it's you and me!!!" Apparently, it will be a committee of two....

HburgXL06
02-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Bettis earned his right to sit wit Mr. Rooney on da design team. It goes to show that da players have trust in da owner n da owner has trust in his players. Bettis got good taste he's proved that so I think da design will be sick. Peace.

BuFu

43Hitman
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Bettis earned his right to sit wit Mr. Rooney on da design team. It goes to show that da players have trust in da owner n da owner has trust in his players. Bettis got good taste he's proved that so I think da design will be sick. Peace.

BuFu

So are you trying to say that Bizzy is up n da hizzy?

clevestinks
03-04-2006, 09:14 AM
I met Sean Landeta , Eagles, yesterday, and he had on two SB rings, he handed them to us to checkout. The Giants ring was a diamond lombardi trophy, with blue around it, the blue stones were really looking bad. It was pretty cool of him to let us try them on and everything though. He also signed autos for us.
Next up, Larry Fitzgerald I`ll see, and a Sf favorite, Matt Hasselback!

SteelerzGirl
03-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow, Cleve, that's way cool. Sounds like you're having a great time! Be sure to thank Hasselbeck for us, k...(lol)? :smile:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow cleve thats awesome man !!! Taking any pics while your schmoozing w/ the big names ?

HburgXL06
03-04-2006, 03:56 PM
So are you trying to say that Bizzy is up n da hizzy?

F*ck YEA!!! Jerome will always be welcomed back to our house in Pittsburgh!

BuFu

Steel Pit
03-07-2006, 04:47 AM
If anyone of you ever get the opportunity to attend a Rocky Bleier seminar it's well worth the money. For those of you who may not be aware of it, Rocky Bleier is a motivational speaker who travels around the country. The stories that he tells of his Steelers days are priceless. Anyhow now to my point, Rocky brings all 4 of his Super Bowl rings with him and allows eveyone in attendance to put them on and photgraph themselves wearing 4 Super Bowl rings. Definitely a keep-sake photo.

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
And where can I sign up?

BuFu

tony hipchest
03-07-2006, 11:23 AM
anyone want to own a sb ring? $30,000- dave meggett has his giants sb 25 ring on ebay. some nice up close pictures of the detail for anyone interrested in seeing one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAVE-MEGGETT-SUPER-BOWL-XXV-NFL-WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIP-RING_W0QQitemZ8911455415QQcategoryZ60124QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Damn that is nice. The detail and the ice is astounding. Too bad it's not a Steelers ring. Is he selling the ring for any cause or reason?

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I guess I'm going to have to wait until the Sunday night game at Heinz to see them? Sort of stinks.

SteelerzGirl
03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
If anyone of you ever get the opportunity to attend a Rocky Bleier seminar it's well worth the money. For those of you who may not be aware of it, Rocky Bleier is a motivational speaker who travels around the country. The stories that he tells of his Steelers days are priceless. Anyhow now to my point, Rocky brings all 4 of his Super Bowl rings with him and allows eveyone in attendance to put them on and photgraph themselves wearing 4 Super Bowl rings. Definitely a keep-sake photo.

Rocky had his 4 Super Bowl rings w/him on the Jerome Bettis Show, too. He must never leave home without them...(lol).

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Rocky had his 4 Super Bowl rings w/him on the Jerome Bettis Show, too. He must never leave home without them...(lol).

If you had earned 4 super bowl rings would you ever let them out of your sight? I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

BuFu

Sarasota Steeler Fan
03-09-2006, 10:07 AM
As far as ring design goes...

The absolute best ring designs belong to New England and Dallas (inclusive of all years) even though I can't stand either team. Pittsburgh's best design so far was our third ring. The other Steeler rings are pretty bad.

Sure hope Bettis is involved and has artistic flair!