PDA

View Full Version : Early Attempt at Final Roster

ETL
08-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Offense (26 players)
QB (3): Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Dixon
RB (3): Mendenhall, Moore, (Dwyer or Redman)
FB (1): Summers
WR(6): Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Battle, Randle El and (Grisham, Stefan Logan or Antonio Brown)
TE(3): Miller, Spaeth, Johnson
OT (4): Starks, Adams, Scott, Foster
OG(4): Kemoeatu, Essex, Pouncey, Urbik
C(2): Hartwig, Legursky

Defense (24 players)
NT (2): Hampton, Hoke
DT (4): Smith, Hood, Keisel, (Eason or Worthington)
OLB(4): Harrison, Woodley, Worilds, Gibson
ILB(4): Timmons, Foote, Farrior, Sylvester
CB (6): Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Butler
S (4) Polamau, Clark, Allen, Mundy

Special Teams (3 player)
Reed, Sepulveda, Warren

Last position battles are in parentheses.

Some past Roster players who I expect to get dropped: Fox, Bailey, Frazier, Madison, Tony Hill, Sean McHugh and Charlie Batch (when Ben comes back)

One scenario that i think can happen is Farrior getting cut or Burnett getting cut and us keeping both Dwyer and Redman as RBs.

FearTroy43
08-06-2010, 12:27 AM
keyaron fox is definitely making the team, hes one of our best special teams players, if not the best. plus he is a great backup at mlb. i also think we will have 4 rbs, not 3. 3 is too little, especially if were emphasizing the run.

mikegrimey
08-06-2010, 03:46 AM
How can we take you seriously when you earnestly think James Farrior will get cut?

pete74
08-06-2010, 05:37 AM
farrior will not be cut. no way. i would love to see redman make the team and get some carries this season

The Lakelander
08-06-2010, 08:49 AM
They will keep only 5 WR's in my opinion and 4 RB's .... Redman and Dwyer both should make this team.

They may keep only 9 O-Linemen ... Tomlin stresses position flexibility. That means to me that Legursky, Foster and Essex are more valuable than Hartwig, Urbik and Hills. I'm wondering if Urbik can be placed once again on the practice squad?

Tone's Toes
08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Offense (25 players)
RB (4): Mendenhall, Moore, Dwyer & Redman
WR(6): Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Battle, Randle El and Antonio Brown
OG(3): Kemoeatu, Essex, Pouncey,
C(1): Hartwig,

I think they only keep 1 center since Pouncey can slide over to play center if Hartwig gets hurt. Essex and Foster can both play G & T. I think they're versatile enough to only need 8 O-Lineman this year.

Not sure they'll keep Summers. Johnson does a lot of the lead blocking type of stuff from what I hear. I could see them dumping Summers, but I'll stay with the safer pick for now and say they'll keep a true FB like Summers.

I think they may keep an extra RB this year given the uncertainty at the position, especially the depth.

Defense (25 players)
DT (4): Smith, Hood, Keisel, (Eason, Harris or Worthington)
ILB(5): Timmons, Foote, Farrior, Fox, Sylvester

Special Teams (3 player)
Reed, Sepulveda, Warren

I think they keep an extra MLB for special teams. Maybe keep 1 less D-Lineman CB or S than last year to make room for that. I went with 1 less D-Line.

pancake
08-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Offense (25 players)
RB (4): Mendenhall, Moore, Dwyer & Redman
WR(6): Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Battle, Randle El and Antonio Brown
OG(3): Kemoeatu, Essex, Pouncey,
C(1): Hartwig,

I think they only keep 1 center since Pouncey can slide over to play center if Hartwig gets hurt. Essex and Foster can both play G & T. I think they're versatile enough to only need 8 O-Lineman this year.

Not sure they'll keep Summers. Johnson does a lot of the lead blocking type of stuff from what I hear. I could see them dumping Summers, but I'll stay with the safer pick for now and say they'll keep a true FB like Summers.

I think they may keep an extra RB this year given the uncertainty at the position, especially the depth.

Defense (25 players)
DT (4): Smith, Hood, Keisel, (Eason, Harris or Worthington)
ILB(5): Timmons, Foote, Farrior, Fox, Sylvester

Special Teams (3 player)
Reed, Sepulveda, Warren

I think they keep an extra MLB for special teams. Maybe keep 1 less D-Lineman CB or S than last year to make room for that. I went with 1 less D-Line.

I like this one better, but would like to see Logan make it one more year and put Brown on PS.