PDA

View Full Version : chad brown watching the superbowl

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 05:02 PM
what do you think he was thinking? he was cut by the seahawks and turned down a steelers offer to go play for the repeat champions. he didnt have that much of an impact with them except maybe getting bruschi on the field that much quicker. im betting hes having regrets. i bet willie williams has callled him and told him that was an easy job to earn a ring with the team who drafted him.

i must say i am happy for williams to earn a ring. before there was bens tackle, there was willies tackle (against l. warren) oddly enough, both against the colts. congrats willie. i think he deserves to wear that ring proudly.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 05:36 PM
I've always liked Chad...but he did "take the money and run", so...

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I've always liked Chad...but he did "take the money and run", so...

yep. i really wanted chad to return, even if it was in a limited role. in some instances i thought he (and biesel) was even portrayed as a scapegoat for some of the patriots defensive shortcomings, and not being able to replace bruschi.

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Chad Brown was for me the worst FA loss of the mid-1990s due to how it happened. Steelers had to decide after the 1995 season to re-sign Greg Lloyd or Chad Brown, knowing they could not afford to sign both. Lloyd was at his peak and Brown was entering his prime. Steelers made the defensible choice to re-sign Lloyd, who blew out his knee the first game of the 1996 season against Jax and was effectively done with his career.

Given their financial circumstances at the time, Steelers had no $$ left to re-sign Brown after 1996 for remotely close to what he was worth. Brown left, but it is not as if the Steelers made a competitive offer.

Brown had a similar choice to make this season; he bet on the team at its peak and guessed wrong.

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
thats a great comparrison of the decision the steelers and chad brown were faced with.

i hated to see lloyd go out like that, especially after b. sanders shook r. woodson out of his ligaments a year earlier.

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Replace (gasp!) Bruschi?!?

Only Jesus can replace Bruschi...

tony hipchest
02-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Replace (gasp!) Bruschi?!?

Only Jesus can replace Bruschi...

:sofunny: glad you caught that!

Suitanim
02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
As for the "take the money and run" thing, Chad was one of the few who were classy afterwards and didn't bash the Steelers after he left...but the fact remains, he clearly stated he would have preferred to stay on the contending team, but the Steelers couldn't pay him $5 million a year or whatever it was he left for, so he took a big payday to play on largely mediocre squak teams. If he wanted to stay he could have, just like ARE can this year.

clevestinks
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I hated seeing Brown leave, but he was from the West Coast, and wanted to go back that way. I didn`t want him back anyway. Check out the Bling Chad

augustashark
02-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did'nt he leave because he would not be able to play outside LB...I know $$$ had some to do with it, but he really wanted to play on the outside and not inside next to Kirkland!

XxKnightxX
02-15-2006, 07:04 AM
oh well too bad... just ask chad scott as well for going to that team as well. I just laugh at all the players who left the team last year either for the pats or for some other "contending team" like the ravens.

HburgXL06
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I wonder if Burress is cryin too? Not only is a brand new player sportin a Super Bowl ring and his old number but he left where he was legendary (Hine-Burress-Roethlisberger aka Direct Connect like Nextel) to a team where hes just so-so n Eli gets all da headlines. Hope Plaxico likes 17 because now Wilson will be known as 80. Peace.

BuFu

Haiku_Dirtt
02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Chad Brown was for me the worst FA loss of the mid-1990s due to how it happened. Steelers had to decide after the 1995 season to re-sign Greg Lloyd or Chad Brown, knowing they could not afford to sign both. Lloyd was at his peak and Brown was entering his prime. Steelers made the defensible choice to re-sign Lloyd, who blew out his knee the first game of the 1996 season against Jax and was effectively done with his career.

Given their financial circumstances at the time, Steelers had no $$ left to re-sign Brown after 1996 for remotely close to what he was worth. Brown left, but it is not as if the Steelers made a competitive offer.

Brown had a similar choice to make this season; he bet on the team at its peak and guessed wrong.

Concur 100%. Chad Brown was the worst loss not only in the mid-90's but since. But he blew his chance for redemption when he signed with New England because he didn't want to be known for what he is now - a back-up.

Kiss that ring goodbye Chad.

MattyD.
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
-Yeah, I always like Chad too. Especially when he had that monster game against the Bengals way back. I can't remember for sure, but didn't he have something like 5-6 sacks that game? Man was that a wicked linebacker corps then or what? And as far as Plax, he didn't play well enough to justify his attitude. And I'm glad that Cedric Wilson started seeing some air time. But hey, in a run heavy team there are only so many balls thrown in a game. At least they started using him near the end.

L8R,
Matt D.