PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite coach/manager meltdown

3 to be 4
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
A classic from Cubs manger Lee Elia in 1983

"We got guys bustin' their (expletive) ass, and them (expletive) people boo,'' Elia said. "And that's the Cubs? That's what my players get around here? ... Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole (expletive) life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

"All right (it) don't show because 5 and 14, and unfortunately that's the criteria of them dumb 15 (expletive) percent that come out to day baseball. The other 85 percent are earning a living. I tell you, it's take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some (expletive) pros out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a (expletive) stigma of the (expletive) Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that cheap (expletive). It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening (expletive) situation that we're in right now.

"Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 (expletive) games left.''

"I hope we get (expletive) hotter than (expletive), just to stuff it up them 3,000 (expletive) people that show up every (expletive) day,'' Elia said, getting more worked up with every word. "Because if they're the real Chicago (expletive) fans, they can kiss my (expletive) ass right downtown. And print it!''

"The (expletive) don't even work,'' Elia said. "That's why they're out at the (expletive) game. They oughta go and get a (expletive) job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a (expletive) living. Eight-five percent of the (expletive) world is working. The other 15 percent come out here. A (expletive) playground for the (expletive).''

Ward86MVP
02-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Jim Mora, former Colts head coach. Hands down. I've heard his "Playoffs?" mantra repeated hundreds of times, plus he used the phrase "diddly-poo" in a press conference and has still retained his manhood.

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Not really a meltdown, but quite possibly the wittiest coaching lines ever uttered in frustration came from Tampa Bay's John McKay during the Buc's inaugural 26 game losing streak.

When asked about the execution of his teams offensive line, he answered "I'm in favor of it".

He also said "We can't win at home, and we can't win on the road, and, quite frankly, I don't know where else to play"

melroseplace
02-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Jim Mora, former Colts head coach. plus he used the phrase "diddly-poo" in a press conference and has still retained his manhood.

haha that's great :sofunny:

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 11:04 AM
lou pinella and rob dibble fighting in the clubhouse was pretty good. "you dont wanna be treated like a man"

more recently is belichick cursing out steelers trainers as they attended to an injured rodney harrison. :)

Livinginthe past
02-15-2006, 11:40 AM
lou pinella and rob dibble fighting in the clubhouse was pretty good. "you dont wanna be treated like a man"

more recently is belichick cursing out steelers trainers as they attended to an injured rodney harrison. :)

Im gonna need quotations and a link for that... :sofunny:

NM

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Im gonna need quotations and a link for that... :sofunny:

NMlol. i think i read it on a message board somewhere. lemme look :cool:

Ambridge
02-16-2006, 04:50 AM
Jim Mora, former Colts head coach. Hands down. I've heard his "Playoffs?" mantra repeated hundreds of times, plus he used the phrase "diddly-poo" in a press conference and has still retained his manhood.

That's my favorite.........it doesn't get much better than that.

BB2W
02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone of Lou Pinella's meltdowns works for me. Being a Reds fan I really miss that guy. :grin:

SteelerDan43
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
McClendon walking off with first base under his arm takes the cake for me...

BB2W
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
The fight on the sidelines between Kevin Gilbride and Buddy Ryan is a classic. :laughing:

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Bobby Knight and the chair toss.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Any of Bobby Knight's or Lou Pinella's meltdowns are funny.

I remember when Pinella kicked his hat all the way across the Indians infield!

And Mora's "Playoffs?!" meltdown is ALWAYS a classic!

SteelerFan091472
02-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Being a Yankee fan, I would have to nominate Billy Martin's near fight with Reggie Jackson in the dugout at Fenway Park in 1977.