PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay Pulls Super Bowl XL Broadcast DVD

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, my plan to buy a DVD recording of the Super Bowl XL broadcast & post-game presentation has at least temporarily been derailed since the NFL intellectual property police are trolling eBay and the recording upon which I was bidding has been pulled off the site "because the intellectual property rights owner notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights."

Any suggestions? Please send me a private message with any suggestion if you are concerned Big Brother is monitoring any site where Steelers fans might be attempting to obtain anything relating to the Steelers except through official NFL licensed providers.

Why the NFL will not sell DVDs of the actual broadcasts remains a mystery to me since greed (e.g. - new footballs for every play of the first half of XL to be sold who knows where) is the defining characteristic of the league office.

Thanks

klick81
02-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I guess they're not selling dvd's of the actual broadcast because they want you to buy the $90 plus dollar Sports Illustrated subscription that will get you the Super Bowl highlight film.

SteelerDan43
02-14-2006, 10:45 PM
I believe the reason they dont sell the actual broadcast is because they cant get an agreement together with the network on who gets the money

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Good point - the NFL may call off the dogs this spring after the "official" DVD has been sold to all likely purchasers.

Atlanta Dan
02-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Problem solved - thanks for the feedback :)

Bust
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
why in the world would ANYONE pay for a Super Bowl DVD when you can download the whole game in many forms for free from so many places? The NFL only cares about the idiots trying to make a buck off their product.

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
why in the world would ANYONE pay for a Super Bowl DVD when you can download the whole game in many forms for free from so many places? The NFL only cares about the idiots trying to make a buck off their product.

Maybe you should ask all the folks who were sued by the RIAA for downloading music for "free" from Morpheus & Grokster why downloading copyrighted intellectual property through bit torrent and other software might be hazardous to your financial health.

Don't fool yourself if you believe the NFL, TV studios, movie companies, and other producers of video content are not trying to figure out how to go after individuals downloading copyrighted material without paying for it.

Bust
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Maybe you should ask all the folks who were sued by the RIAA for downloading music for "free" from Morpheus & Grokster why downloading copyrighted intellectual property through bit torrent and other software might be hazardous to your financial health.

Don't fool yourself if you believe the NFL, TV studios, movie companies, and other producers of video content are not trying to figure out how to go after individuals downloading copyrighted material without paying for it.

Good thing the most anonymous and oldest form of file sharing still exists: Usenet Newsgroups.

43Hitman
02-15-2006, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it in any case. At least you can still get THIS on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Human-Soul-Scottish-Slightly-Soiled_W0QQitemZ5665715021QQcategoryZ88433QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

I have seen it all now..Lol..Nice find.

Da Bears
02-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, my plan to buy a DVD recording of the Super Bowl XL broadcast & post-game presentation has at least temporarily been derailed since the NFL intellectual property police are trolling eBay and the recording upon which I was bidding has been pulled off the site "because the intellectual property rights owner notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights."

Any suggestions? Please send me a private message with any suggestion if you are concerned Big Brother is monitoring any site where Steelers fans might be attempting to obtain anything relating to the Steelers except through official NFL licensed providers.

Why the NFL will not sell DVDs of the actual broadcasts remains a mystery to me since greed (e.g. - new footballs for every play of the first half of XL to be sold who knows where) is the defining characteristic of the league office.

Thanks
Good luck to you on that matter.

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Well of course the NFL doesn't bring it out and is not going to.

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Well of course the NFL doesn't bring it out and is not going to.

He's too dumb to know that, he's a Bears fan. :rolleyes:

Da Bears
02-15-2006, 09:33 PM
He's too dumb to know that, he's a Bears fan. :rolleyes:
Whatever dude.

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Not having access to spell check must be a real burden to someone who can't spell :)

Don't know what you might want to consider regarding the grammar problems. Maybe go back for that GED?

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Real cute jerk off. At least I don`t pride myself on doing ilegal things just because I can`t get them legal. I guess you know all about cheeting to get what you want though don`t you?

Awwww, did 'ums hurt your wittle feewings? Do you need a bottle? You get banned and come back as this idiot. You wish death on Randle El and got banned and you'll get banned again. Moron.

WHO WON THE SUPER BOWL AGAIN THIS YEAR? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. SIT DOWN. GOOD DOG.

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Real cute jerk off. At least I don`t pride myself on doing ilegal things just because I can`t get them legal. I guess you know all about cheeting to get what you want though don`t you?

LOOKIE WHAT WE GOT:

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_259582.jpg