PDA

View Full Version : Duce Staley in trouble?

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Heard tonight on the local news that Duce got in some trouble at Studio 54 in South Carolina.

Here's the story......

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/local/13858400.htm

BB2W
02-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I heard about this. Something isn't right. He he claims he lost his bracelet in a fight, which I can understand... but his earings??? He supposedly had a VIP invite from the manager of the nightclub but wasn't allowed in by the bouncers, and there was altercation.

How do you lose your earings, or have them removed without you knowing it. I think he might have taken off his jewelry like many men do prior to a fight. He may have forgotten them or maybe they were stolen. Who knows?... It will be interesting to see what happens.

Here is a link with more info...

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4497423

Suitanim
02-15-2006, 08:38 AM
When has anything good ever happened to a professional athlete at a nudie bar? Or at 4 AM? Especially at 4 AM at the nudie bar?

Whatever happened, it wouldn't have if he was at home...

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Story I read appears to indicate the diamond ear studs were ripped out of his ear lobes (ouch!). Sounds more like a robbery than a fight.

$100K in value for a platinum bracelet and two ear rings is some serious bling.

4xSBChamps
02-15-2006, 09:31 AM
When has anything good ever happened to a professional athlete at a nudie bar? Or at 4 AM?
Especially at 4 AM at the nudie bar?

..... there ya go..... injecting common-sense into a good story.....
:nono:

Haiku_Dirtt
02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
If he can't hold onto ONE HUNDRED GRAND!, then should we even trust him to hold a FIVE DOLLAR CLIPBOARD? :dang:

WWIIOwheelz
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I can't imagine Mr. Rooney's very happy about this.

BB2W
02-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Here is another version...

A source in South Carolina told WTAE Channel 4 Action News that Staley was already inside the building when everyone was forced outside by a fight, which did not involve Staley. Once outside, Staley realized his jewelry was lost and went to retrieve the items, which is when he got into it with security.

link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11368989/

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2006, 02:17 PM
That's a plus. Still trying to figure out how you lose both earings........

Ambridge
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
When has anything good ever happened to a professional athlete at a nudie bar? Or at 4 AM? Especially at 4 AM at the nudie bar?

He's a dumbass for wearing 100K worth of jewelry to a nightclub in the first place.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Here is an updated link from WTAE local news who interviewed Duce Staley today.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/7064537/detail.html

lotas
02-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to share:

As far as the earrings go and people saying, "How do you lose your earrings and not know?" Or "How do earrings just fall out?"

I've been playing basketball numerous times when this kid that always wears diamond earrings has to randomly stop and say, "oh shit I lost my earring". And a few times some guys on the bench watching have stopped the game and told him because he didnt know and they didnt want them stepped on or anything.

clevestinks
02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Just wanted to share:

As far as the earrings go and people saying, "How do you lose your earrings and not know?" Or "How do earrings just fall out?"

I've been playing basketball numerous times when this kid that always wears diamond earrings has to randomly stop and say, "oh shit I lost my earring". And a few times some guys on the bench watching have stopped the game and told him because he didnt know and they didnt want them stepped on or anything.
Well usually if they are real diamonds, which I`m assuming staley can afford, they should have screw on backs, my wifes do! That way she can`t lose them and hear me bitch

BlitzburghRockCity
02-15-2006, 05:40 PM
He's a dumbass for wearing 100K worth of jewelry to a nightclub in the first place.

:iagree:

Atlanta Dan
02-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Until I read a story on the lst bling I had not recalled Duce left college in 1997. I would not be counting on someon with that age and injury history to fill a RB hole next year.

Verron Haynes was on sports talk in Atlanta the other day and said nobody from the Steelers had yet discussed terms of Haynes coming back next year. Time to make some decisons.

tony hipchest
02-15-2006, 06:03 PM
im looking at staleys situation like that of garrison hearst who came back from his injury problems to have a really nice year. they should be carrying 4 rb's on their roster next year just like last. right now they have 3. theyre gonna need one more regardless. just not someone who is gonna impede willies development.

as for duce and his bling, it would suck to not be able to wear a sb ring in public with out being a target but you see it all the time with these atheletes. s. marbury, that eagle lineman who got shot, etc. them big assed stones are like a giant neon sign that says "rob me"

wearing that crap to a strip joint is like wearing a sausage link necklace to the lion exibit at the zoo.

pucho58
02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
He will be alright. All he has to do is put in an insurance claim.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
All he has to do is put in an insurance claim.

And put on his sweat suit on the sidelines while making millions. He's damn good at that. :dang:

rowedf
02-15-2006, 11:55 PM
im looking at staleys situation like that of garrison hearst who came back from his injury problems to have a really nice year. they should be carrying 4 rb's on their roster next year just like last. right now they have 3. theyre gonna need one more regardless. just not someone who is gonna impede willies development.

as for duce and his bling, it would suck to not be able to wear a sb ring in public with out being a target but you see it all the time with these atheletes. s. marbury, that eagle lineman who got shot, etc. them big assed stones are like a giant neon sign that says "rob me"

wearing that crap to a strip joint is like wearing a sausage link necklace to the lion exibit at the zoo.

Yeah, they should all just stuff them under their pillows and wait for the tooth fairy to give them a couple bucks. Let the guys have a life fellas.

Atlanta Dan
02-16-2006, 07:44 AM
He will be alright. All he has to do is put in an insurance claim.

Attached is this morning's Trib-Review story on Duce's latest position regarding what happened during his late night/early morning adventure. Based on Duce's conflicting recollections of what happened, the insurance company may not cheerfully pay up until Duce explains why he changed his story.

Duce has some 'splaining to do.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_424446.html

pucho58
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Atlanta Dan]Attached is this morning's Trib-Review story on Duce's latest position regarding what happened during his late night/early morning adventure. Based on Duce's conflicting recollections of what happened, the insurance company may not cheerfully pay up until Duce explains why he changed his story.

If the insurance doesn't pay,it's only 100,000. I wonder if there is more to this story. like maybe he got his butt:boxing: whipped.

Stlrs4Life
02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
If you seen the place he was in, what a Dive! With the money he has, you think he could have picked a better strip club to go to. But maybe that's just the norm down south for Strip clubs.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
hmmmm. another story that was much ado about nothing and duce was our biggest f.a. signing several years back.

welcome to the steelers santonio holmes.

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
hmmmm. another story that was much ado about nothing and duce was our biggest f.a. signing several years back.

welcome to the steelers santonio holmes.

Um, there's a pretty big difference between an experienced veteran getting into a tussle at a strip club at 4 AM and getting arrested for it and a rookie getting a DC in South Beach...I also doubt 580 other people were arrested along with Duce.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 08:42 PM
the point is to get all the rediculous attention off holmes and his arrest for being black on a friday night. (not to say its a black thing. im sure the southbeach cops arrested a few longhairs in leather jackets too.)

Suitanim
05-30-2006, 08:50 PM
the point is to get all the rediculous attention off holmes and his arrest for being black on a friday night. (not to say its a black thing. im sure the southbeach cops arrested a few longhairs in leather jackets too.)

I can almost guarantee you, there were NO longahired white people in town that night.

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I can almost guarantee you, there were NO longahired white people in town that night. maybe im thinking of biker week in daytona or whatever (where im sure s. holmes wouldnt be found partying). anyways, you get the point and the analogy. simple profiling and cracking down on people having a good time.