PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Raiders

Blueprint
08-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of your forums, I'm new to the site just trying to find things out. I'm 18 years old and have recently purchased tickets for me and my younger brother to go to the game from NY. I was wondering what are the best/decent hotels in Pittsburgh closest to the stadium and also was wondering if the train station in Pittsburgh is close to the stadium. Also, me and my brother are Raider fans, I was wondering if it would be okay for younger guys to wear our gear or would there be a problem? I know Steelers and Raiders have a little rivalry, but this is the closest game I can get to and have already purchased the tickets. If you think there would be a problem wearing our Raider gear, lemme know and we'll just wear plain T's. Btw, we're not dicks that are gonna be obnoxious, we just wanna see the teams play.

-Thank you.

FourThreeMafia
08-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Hey guys, sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of your forums, I'm new to the site just trying to find things out. I'm 18 years old and have recently purchased tickets for me and my younger brother to go to the game from NY. I was wondering what are the best/decent hotels in Pittsburgh closest to the stadium and also was wondering if the train station in Pittsburgh is close to the stadium. Also, me and my brother are Raider fans, I was wondering if it would be okay for younger guys to wear our gear or would there be a problem? I know Steelers and Raiders have a little rivalry, but this is the closest game I can get to and have already purchased the tickets. If you think there would be a problem wearing our Raider gear, lemme know and we'll just wear plain T's. Btw, we're not dicks that are gonna be obnoxious, we just wanna see the teams play.

-Thank you.

Im going to the Pats/Steelers game.

I live in PA and have been to Pittsburgh, but dont know the city good enough to really help. Hopefully someone else can.

You should be just fine as long as you dont get ****y or anything. If someone does say something, just ignore them because they are idiots. Ive seen Ravens and Browns fans come to games and not have any problems. In fact, back in 07, me and my friends went out for beers with a few Ravens fans who were at the game.

Like I said....just be civil and you wont have any problems.

Wallace108
08-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Steelers fans are the greatest fans in the world. Don't be a jerk and you'll be just fine.

DanRooney
08-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Looks awfully familiar to a post in the SA forum :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM

-Thank you.

I've been to countless upon countless number of Steelers games. In every situation that I see, I've NEVER seen Steelers fans get on the opossing teams fans, ever. The only time we get riled up is when you have a smark in the crowd to talk shit and be foul in doing so. If you're going to do that, expect to get a good lashing because 65,000 Steelers fans wouldn't be fun for any opossing asshole fans to get themselves into.

I agree with FourThreeMafia, if you just go along with the occasional boo's, because your going to get boo'd, then you will be just fine and no heckling will occur. I've never seen it. Hell, like Mafia said, you might make buddies and go grab a brew after. I'm a fan that wishes good luck to other teams fans, and yes, even Browns and Ravens fans. Go into Cincy, Cleveland or Tennessee and see how different it would be compared to Heinz. Those fans will do everything in their power to make you leave and that's simply not tolerable. Heinz Field is a good crowd.

As far as attractions around, you must check out Bettis's Bar and Grille located just alongside the street close to the stadium. It's a great attraction and would make a good time for fans to interact. Check out the Westin Hotel located downtown. I'm sure there would be taxi services that go from the hotel to the stadium on game days. Also, Station Square and the Strip District might be something to check out as both of those are attractions to Pitt.

On gameday if you plan on driving to the stadium.. I suggest getting in the parking lots quite early because most of the parking is now pre-owned and the gates open early to the public parking, so avoid leaving late and get there early to get a spot. I suggest trying to invest in a parking pass since that is now more imprtant as a ticket! haha. You'll be looking at about $50.00 or up at a parking ticket but the money is worth it since you can wiggle right into park rather than not get a spot at all if not going super, super early to wait in line.

When the time comes, I hope you have a good time and a safe travel.

Go Steelers!:tt02:

Blueprint
08-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Thank you everyone for the info, just wanted to make sure I'm gonna have a good time rather than a shitty one especially with the prices of tickets these days.

SteelBlaze1
08-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I am jealous Blueprint. I have been a Steelers fan my whole life (from back in the 70's anyway) and have never even been to Pittsburgh, let alone a game. Someday I hope to make it there. I live in Oregon and would like to make it to a Sea-Hawks game when they come this way.

silver & black
08-08-2010, 05:11 PM

-Thank you.

Wear your gear with pride! Just don't be an idiot.

RRRRAAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Blueprint
08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Wear your gear with pride! Just don't be an idiot.

RRRRAAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Haha, :wave:

Blueprint
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I am jealous Blueprint. I have been a Steelers fan my whole life (from back in the 70's anyway) and have never even been to Pittsburgh, let alone a game. Someday I hope to make it there. I live in Oregon and would like to make it to a Sea-Hawks game when they come this way.

I hope you get there man, I've only been to one other game and it was Giants vs Raiders last year... They got pounded if you can remember lol.