PDA

View Full Version : Steelers may draft a QB !!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Good, you're sitting down. Now swallow the coffee so you won't spit it out while reading this:

The Steelers might draft a quarterback in the first round this year. Matt Jones of Arkansas is another of those draft prospects the Steelers have specialized in. He projects from quarterback to another position. In the 6-foot-6 Jones's case, that position is wide receiver, or tight end, or some type of hybrid.

Click the link below for more.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14278856&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 03:03 PM
We`ll have another slash.

SteelersFever
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I posted this on the main web site. If you're going to post an article please only post a few paragraphs and then the link. I fixed it for you this time. :D

HinesWard4Life8682
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
i would put him at WR, that would be great. He's tall exactly what we need. Then maybe DE or DB in 2nd round. Everything is looking clearer now

Ironman
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of this pick unless he is destined for Tight End.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 06:59 PM
wouldnt be the first time we've drafted a player and moved him to another position.. look no further than randle el.

thats where I found it mike :D

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
i DON`T WANT A QB THAT IS A QB.
Give me someone that can play a.s.a.p

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 07:10 PM
the problem is, there isnt really a need for someone to PLAY now in this draft for us. Thats not to say that a pic couldnt unseat someone like willie williams in the secondary though, so we'll see.

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I think a few positions could be had by a first pick.

Plax old spot is up for grabs
Like you said Willie Williams
A TE
maybe an Of Tackle , or a D-tackle. Kimo isn`t a young buck

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 07:31 PM
kimo is in his last year I would imagine, and plus his cap number isnt getting any smaller. Williams, yeah his job should be an open competition.

Plax's spot..yeah, I'd make that an open competition in training camp too. Ok El, Wilson, Mays, Doering and whoever else we get in the draft..so strut ur stuff and may the best man win!

ironcitychef
04-05-2005, 02:14 AM
You know what I like about us getting Jones? That it would take so much pressure off Ben. All the press and such would be focused on Slash 3.0 or whatever. No over asked questions like the press does(see Barry Bonds). It could be really good to take him even if he doesn't start.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
it would be nice for Ben to be off the radar as much as possible..but being a 1st round pick, having the season he had, I dont think there's gonna be much rest for ben in the locker room this year either.

ironcitychef
04-07-2005, 01:19 AM
I just watched 61* the film Crystal did on the Marris/Mantle race in NY. Man the press can be brutal. Say that cause of cross country travel and night games you have it tougher than Babe Ruth, then the press says you say the Babe had it easier. Ben going 15-1 has little upward room to go, but lots of down. Lets hope the press gives him some space.