PDA

View Full Version : Revis to Steelers

Grav
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Anybody would like to see Steelers make a trade for Revis? Just putting it out there for people to discuss

Steelers>NFL
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh **** no...

DoubleYoi
08-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Anybody would like to see Steelers make a trade for Revis? Just putting it out there for people to discuss
http://highnotehoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg

FourThreeMafia
08-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Yep....we can trade for him, DeMarcus Ware, Haloti Ngata and Patrick Willis too.

Seriously...I have no problem with anyone trying to generate discussion, but at least generate it based on something that has a remote possibility of happening.

pete74
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
No way. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a corner with his talent but not him. He played two great years and thinks he should be one of the highest players in the Nfl. He's freaking nuts. I can't stand any player that holds out as long as he is. He signed a contract so he should be playing. I would love to see him sit out all year and not make a penny then not get a big contract next season

StainlessStill
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/vxhiqb.jpg

Grav
08-10-2010, 02:57 PM
my bad ha

whatdoiknow
08-10-2010, 03:49 PM

That picture of Edward Norton looking disgusted, and closing his lap top is
absolutely CLASSIC:thumbsup:

It says it all!

vrabinec
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
http://highnotehoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg

+1

Does anyone have a triple face palm?

stb_steeler
08-10-2010, 06:40 PM

My thoughts exactly..... Once again, Steelers aint paying a big contract for someone. Looks like somebody needs a lesson in Rooney #101.

scsteeler
08-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Only if Woodley gets paid first!

Grav
08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
jeeez sorry guys, am a newbie at the end of the day. Am from a country called Wales which is a part oth United Kingdom. Have been looking for a team to support so could people give me reasons why to support the steelrs and whats pittsburgh like as a place, got to be honest this roethlisberger situation has put me off the organisation a bit

stb_steeler
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
jeeez sorry guys, am a newbie at the end of the day. Am from a country called Wales which is a part oth United Kingdom. Have been looking for a team to support so could people give me reasons why to support the steelrs and whats pittsburgh like as a place, got to be honest this roethlisberger situation has put me off the organisation a bit

We commend u on your post, don't take criticism to heart. Its all in fun!. You couldn't ask for a better team to support than the #1 team in football. Pittsburgh is an awesome city, lots to do before game time. As far as the Ben situation, he hasn't been convicted of nothing cept being loose minded at times. As far as you wanting to support a team, you'll have to make your own decision, cant be made by anyone but yourself, thats a true FAN!

Hirsch
08-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Well said! If you choose to support the Steelers welcome aboard, if not the best of luck to ya.

StainlessStill
08-10-2010, 09:20 PM

Don't mistaken one's behavior off of the field and judgment as a knock to the whole organization of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are THEE best in the business when it comes to respect, loyalty and family. You won't find another organization that goes about their business better than the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As for Ben, of course his actions left a damp feeling as a whole as a team, but not all NFL players are saints you know. Many has makin mistakes before and will continue to make mistakes.

There are players around who were put up for murder, drug use, drunk driving, and disobedience to law officers. The NFL is a standard and all athletes must know that. Ben's actions outside of the football field is troublesome, but his actions moving forward is a telling sign and so far, I think he gets what it takes to represent Pittsburgh and all of its fans and organization.

steeltheone
08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
To be Honest...Woodley, in our defense is much easier replaced than a shut down Corner like Revis.....I would trade Woodley for Revis 7 days a week...

StainlessStill
08-10-2010, 09:31 PM
To be Honest...Woodley, in our defense is much easier replaced than a shut down Corner like Revis.....I would trade Woodley for Revis 7 days a week...

No

Way

In

Hell.

The 3-4, as we use it, is a linebacker based system. Of course, it starts with the D-line, but we need freakish outside linebackers who can rush the QB as well as drop back into an athletic coverage man. How do you think Revis fit so well in Ryans defense? Because he in cooperated a 3-4 defense that got after the QB and took pressure off its corners, benefiting a shutdown corner like Revis even more-so.

Our secondary was culprit of that. If the linebackers/lineman don't penetrate after the QB and get after him, the corners and secondary are left on an island.

Plus, we have a cover corner in Ike Taylor who has played very good sound football over the years and would be an All-Pro if he could just hold onto the football and come up with some INT's.

Woodley has a bigger role to our defense than you think.

stb_steeler
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
No

Way

In

Hell.

The 3-4, as we use it, is a linebacker based system. Of course, it starts with the D-line, but we need freakish outside linebackers who can rush the QB as well as drop back into an athletic coverage man. How do you think Revis fit so well in Ryans defense? Because he in cooperated a 3-4 defense that got after the QB and took pressure off its corners, benefiting a shutdown corner like Revis even more-so.

Our secondary was culprit of that. If the linebackers/lineman don't penetrate after the QB and get after him, the corners and secondary are left on an island.

Plus, we have a cover corner in Ike Taylor who has played very good sound football over the years and would be an All-Pro if he could just hold onto the football and come up with some INT's.

Woodley has a bigger role to our defense than you think.

I agree.... trading Woodley would be a mistake and i hope he gets his contract.

StainlessStill
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree.... trading Woodley would be a mistake and i hope he gets his contract.

He will. Next season he'll get it, no doubt in my mind. He means a lot to this team and we suffered for a few years without a dominating pass rusher like him to man the left side of the line. With the addition of Worlids, I expect the combination of Worlids and Woodley to be monstrous once Harrison hangs them up.

steeltheone
08-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Move Timmons to the outside..Start Fox inside with Revis and Taylor at Corners....Wow We have never had problems replacing outside linebackers our system. I understand this will never happen. But again a shut down corner is so much harder to find than a outside rusher in the 3-4.

StainlessStill
08-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Move Timmons to the outside..Start Fox inside with Revis and Taylor at Corners....Wow We have never had problems replacing outside linebackers our system. I understand this will never happen. But again a shut down corner is so much harder to find than a outside rusher in the 3-4.

Of course shutdown corners are hard to find, but in OUR system we don't necc have to focus on finding that shutdown corner since our forte' on defense is to get after the QB and with the elite status that Woodley brings to the table, I'd take him over Revis anyday only judging by the way we go about our business.

As long as we have our edge rushers barreling down on the outsides, and our interior line crashing the pocket then any corner would be fine back there but there's no doubt I'd take Revis in a heartbeat, just not as fast as you would think when talking elite pass rushers that have the ability to cover out of the backfield and shadow a back, all wrapped into one.

rpcfball
08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
i just hope he's not in uniform week 1 :)

steeltheone
08-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Of course shutdown corners are hard to find, but in OUR system we don't necc have to focus on finding that shutdown corner since our forte' on defense is to get after the QB and with the elite status that Woodley brings to the table, I'd take him over Revis anyday only judging by the way we go about our business.

As long as we have our edge rushers barreling down on the outsides, and our interior line crashing the pocket then any corner would be fine back there but there's no doubt I'd take Revis in a heartbeat, just not as fast as you would think when talking elite pass rushers that have the ability to cover out of the backfield and shadow a back, all wrapped into one.

My question to you would be...We had those outside rushers last year and got buried by the pass?

Goat27
08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
No way. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a corner with his talent but not him. He played two great years and thinks he should be one of the highest players in the Nfl. He's freaking nuts. I can't stand any player that holds out as long as he is. He signed a contract so he should be playing. I would love to see him sit out all year and not make a penny then not get a big contract next season

So what happens when you do play, and honor your contract that you signed then your cut because it's a numbers game? There's no loyalty it's a business and if owners can save money and let you go they will, so if you can get money, go get it.
remember when the cowgirls didn't want to give Emma a new deal and she held out, and the girls started 0-2. Gena Jones had a change of mind then, didn't she?

StainlessStill
08-13-2010, 06:33 PM
My question to you would be...We had those outside rushers last year and got buried by the pass?

Like I said, it all need to come together for our defense to work, and it starts with the defensive line. We lost our All Pro defensive end last season and our our Pro starting safety. We had a first year starter in the middle with Timmons, as well as the corner with Gay.

Harrison was playing hurt towards the end of the season, and in the midst of all of this, our defense still ranked what? 5th overall in the league last season? Of course, we were ranked 16th in the league as a pass defense, but the loss of Polamalu certainly had its mark.

I don't think it was necc the corners fault of last season's falters. We had leads in the 4th quarter and blew games and lost every one of them within 7 points or fewer. We just played terrible situational ball and had many uncharacteristic breakdowns from the result of things and couldn't come away with turnovers or INTS from an overall unit.

We'll be better this season and will get after the QB..mark it down.

ferryg
08-13-2010, 08:31 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Let's bring in Johnny Unitas to play the first four games of the year before Ben comes back also. I've had several alcoholic beverages tonight, and even I found this insane balderdash. WOW. Sir, as Mark Madden would say...please kill yourself.

StainlessStill
08-14-2010, 08:47 AM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Let's bring in Johnny Unitas to play the first four games of the year before Ben comes back also. I've had several alcoholic beverages tonight, and even I found this insane balderdash. WOW. Sir, as Mark Madden would say...please kill yourself.

Troll. Are you talking to me? Way to steal the a quote from a movie, dickface. If you have no importance to add to the thread, then GTFO.

pittguy578
08-14-2010, 11:29 AM
He doesn't think he is the best corner in the league-everyone else does. He is a shut down corner and someone that comes along once in a while. He is underpaid and outplayed his contract. He was a first round pick, and people thought he was going to be good..but not this good. If he had been playing at USC or Alabama, he would have gotten his due props. I would not risk going out and getting hurt either. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. If he got a career ending injury, do you think the Jets would give him a long term deal?

supa_fly_steeler
08-14-2010, 12:58 PM
YO GUYS...

LETS TRADE FOR TOM BRADY FOR THE FIRST FOUR GAMES!!!

StainlessStill
08-14-2010, 01:03 PM
YO GUYS...

LETS TRADE FOR TOM BRADY FOR THE FIRST FOUR GAMES!!!

Screw that, you know we lost Santonio too! How about lets trade for Tom Brady AND Randy Moss!!!!! Maybe we could co-ex T.O into leaving Cinci and coming here as well. Now we're freakin' talkin. /sarcasm.

supa_fly_steeler
08-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Troll. Are you talking to me? Way to steal the a quote from a movie, dickface. If you have no importance to add to the thread, then GTFO.

lmao quote of the month