PDA

View Full Version : Jason Worilds aggravates his Hammy

whatdoiknow
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't wanna be a negative fan here but, I knew this guy was a bad pick. He had alot of past injuries, mostly his shoulder. And he was never a take over a game type of player. I hope I am wrong and he can get it together. But something tells me he is another in the long line of HORRIBLE 2nd round defensive picks by Pittsburgh.

Steelers | Jason Worilds aggravates injury
Comment (0)
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:01:55 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jason Worilds (hamstring) has aggravated an earlier hamstring injury and is not participating in practice, according to CBSSports.com.

supa_fly_steeler
08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Obviously you never watched Worilds at VT, so shut the **** up.

He has not had a history of past injuries, what the **** are you smoking, go dig a grave and dont get up.

whatdoiknow
08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Obviously you never watched Worilds at VT, so shut the **** up.

He has not had a history of past injuries, what the **** are you smoking, go dig a grave and dont get up.

Ah, Worilds has had at least 3 different shoulder surgeries since High School. That sound like a Chronic Injury Issue to me. And as good off the edge as Worilds is. He also is a horrible Run defender. And when he HAS been on the field practicing, the reports are he has been struggling. In fact, 4th rounder Gibson is getting MUCH better reviews. So maybe YOU should shut the F up!!

Tone's Toes
08-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Proclaiming a player a bad pick before he even plays a game in the NFL is stupid. Yes, he had 3 shoulder injuries, but that has nothing to do with a hamstring. A lot of guys have had hamstring injuries in camp this year. We're not writing off the rest of them and shouldn't be writing off Worilds career yet either.

whatdoiknow
08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Proclaiming a player a bad pick before he even plays a game in the NFL is stupid. Yes, he had 3 shoulder injuries, but that has nothing to do with a hamstring. A lot of guys have had hamstring injuries in camp this year. We're not writing off the rest of them and shouldn't be writing off Worilds career yet either.

I didn't proclaim him a Bust! I just said I have a fear that he MIGHT be. Of course we have to wait. But he was never considered an elite college player. And MOST Draft experts had him at best a mid-late 3rd round talent. Of course their opinions are not everything. And I hope I am wrong and Worilds ends up an ALL-WORLD player.

SteelKnight
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow. I've been away and this board has gotten harsh. lol One thing I liked about it is people didn't get so mad all the time while discussing football...unlike that weak site with rude idiots.

I also think it is too early to say "I had a feeling" about Worilds. I think he will be a great player. I think all 3 LBs drafted will have the potential to start in the future. Gibson and even Sylvester have been making good impressions. That is a totally solid group of developmental LBs. Hopefully they can all play ST and replace the ST only players that have no chance of ever playing like Bailey.

We have a beastly LB crew so let's not worry or even rush him back. He has time to develop. I worry sometimes when they say how good these guys are because it makes me think they won't bring back Woodley. OK...let's be honest. Woodley is not coming back.

The 3 rookies, Foote, the 4 starters and Fox. They all blow my mind. That is 9 good LBs. Somethings gotta give.

supa_fly_steeler
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
---

supa_fly_steeler
08-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Ah, Worilds has had at least 3 different shoulder surgeries since High School. That sound like a Chronic Injury Issue to me. And as good off the edge as Worilds is. He also is a horrible Run defender. And when he HAS been on the field practicing, the reports are he has been struggling. In fact, 4th rounder Gibson is getting MUCH better reviews. So maybe YOU should shut the F up!!

im not going top shut the **** up, get back in that grave, the hokies were awesome at stopping the run, and guess who was at the heart of that, so I don't know where you get your shitty bogus, struggling???? I've seen Tomlin say good things about him, Yeah look at James Harrison he ****ing struggled until the 2007 season. Five ****ing seasons after he was drafted.

that injury was his freshmen year 2 ****ing years ago he had 3 full seasons

Some people dnt deserve to live, you are one of them

whatdoiknow
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Supa Fly, I like him. I mean he IS a major pass rusher. But doesn't his history of Injuries concern you ? I mean it does not mean he will be that way in the pros. But it is a concern. And no matter what you think, every draft expert says Worilds is a One-trick pont as a edge rusher. I mean he's never even played a single down EVER as a 3-4 OLB., At least Gibson has. He was a pure 3-4 OLB in High School. And Ohio State ran it at times as well. Jason may end up being a good player. But he won't be an Immediate Impact guy.

steeltheone
08-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I agree, Woodley is out to cash in. He will be outta here.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
But something tells me he is another in the long line of HORRIBLE 2nd round defensive picks by Pittsburgh.

This is the statement that requires some explaining.....

Recent 2nd round defensive picks:

Lamarr Woodley
Anthony Smith*
Bryant McFadden
Ricardo Colclough
Alonzo Jackson*
Kendrell Bell (you can argue this one-- he was a great player but was not very fortunate in the injury department)

* HORRIBLE

DanRooney
08-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't wanna be a negative fan here but, I knew this guy was a bad pick. He had alot of past injuries, mostly his shoulder. And he was never a take over a game type of player. I hope I am wrong and he can get it together. But something tells me he is another in the long line of HORRIBLE 2nd round defensive picks by Pittsburgh.

Steelers | Jason Worilds aggravates injury
Comment (0)
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:01:55 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jason Worilds (hamstring) has aggravated an earlier hamstring injury and is not participating in practice, according to CBSSports.com.

Umm...you do know a hamstring injury is not serious and occurs quite frequently at training camp right? He'll be 100 percent before the final week of preseason.

MasterOfPuppets
08-11-2010, 02:33 AM
This is the statement that requires some explaining.....

Recent 2nd round defensive picks:

Lamarr Woodley
Anthony Smith*
Bryant McFadden
Ricardo Colclough
Alonzo Jackson*
Kendrell Bell (you can argue this one-- he was a great player but was not very fortunate in the injury department)

* HORRIBLE

anthony smith was a 3rd rd pick