PDA

View Full Version : steeler gear flying off the shelves

schoondog
02-16-2006, 02:51 AM
not a big surprise

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-02-15-super-bowl-merchandise_x.htm

PisnNapalm
02-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I've dropped about $300 on SB champs gear. :eyecrazy: And I'll probably buy more when I get back to Pittsburgh around Easter.

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I posted this article in another thread and it also pertains to Steeler gear sales during the Super Bowl............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_424311.html

melroseplace
02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
A week before the game, police had to shut down the main drag in the city's popular Strip District because fans buying merchandise were clogging the street.

I didn't hear about that, that's pretty crazy. and awesome :tt:

BlackNGold203
02-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I was at D i c k s last night....

Talk about Steeler heaven!!!

I bought my share...LOL

melroseplace
02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
has the price of Bettis' jersey gone up since he announced his retirement? when I was at D i c k s last weekend I looked but they didn't have any #36, just lots of Hines and Heath (and a few Ben and Troy)

clarient
02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah... everywhere except south-central Texas!!!

All the department stores down here will sell is burnt orange Longhorn gear. The Rose Bowl was great and all, but come on, it's the Superbowl?! Remember what that is?!

The only way I can get gear down here is for family up in the 'burgh to ship to me.

WisconsinSteelerMan
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
The only way I can get gear down here is for family up in the 'burgh to ship to me.

I feel your pain... Only green and gold up here in the frozen northland...

My dad in pittsburgh is inundating me with Steeler stuff, though. He sent me all of the clippings from the paper in the burgh during the runup and aftermath of our steamrolling through the playoffs. We had a superbowl party and it was ALL black and gold at my house...thanks to my parents!!!

That is pretty lame isn't it?? A 36-year-old getting "care packages" from his mommy and daddy??? Oh well... If that is what it takes to get black and gold stuff...so be it!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 12:16 PM
The D i c k s around here won't sell any Steeler stuff because they
only carry local teams."

Seeing how I live in Cleveland,I told the guya t the store "I guess you don't like to carry the gear worn by winners then."

PisnNapalm
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
I feel your pain... Only green and gold up here in the frozen northland...

My dad in pittsburgh is inundating me with Steeler stuff, though. He sent me all of the clippings from the paper in the burgh during the runup and aftermath of our steamrolling through the playoffs. We had a superbowl party and it was ALL black and gold at my house...thanks to my parents!!!

That is pretty lame isn't it?? A 36-year-old getting "care packages" from his mommy and daddy??? Oh well... If that is what it takes to get black and gold stuff...so be it!!!

My mother also sent me all the newspaper articles from about the Bengals game on through till after the XL. I live out near Philly. :) She also sent me a shirt with the last batch of articles. The stores around here actually have a nice selection of stuff now. That first week after the super bowl, the stores here were selling out as fast as they could stock up.

caligirlsteelerfan86
02-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I didn't spend much money on gear...damn taxes are due and I owe too much. I did get what I really wanted so I am happy. My Dad who lives in Greensburg, PA is sending me something. He just said it's heavy, so maybe a lot of Steeler stuff. He sent me the area paper after the AFC Champ game and is supposed to send me the Superbowl paper too, both of which I plan to frame. Can't wait too see whatelse is in that package. I got more gifts from him during this season that I have my whole life (sad), but at least we have football to bring us together lol.

drizze99
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
My wife got me the hat and lockeroom T for Valentines day. The only other thing I really want is the SB XL DVD in March when it comes out. I would love to get other stuff, but having 2 kids limits "my" purchases, lol.