PDA

View Full Version : Live from Bahrain

SteelR1
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello all,

Well I finally got a chance to get back on the internet. I left the states a few days after the Super Bowl and I'm now in the great Sandbox.. Bahrain that is, the tiny island off the coast of Saudi Arabia, oh how wonderfull to be in a tent with 8 other guys and sleeping on a cot. Oh how wonderfull to have the water supply go down right in the middle of a shower and the food, now that is another story. But atleast I can get access to the internet to email the wife and check out the forum....

I'm trying to read up on all I can but I only get 30 minutes a day so I have to spend my time on here wisely!!!!!

Anyways just wanted to say WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelR1

drizze99
02-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Nice to see you make it back to the forum!

clevestinks
02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Be safe! And come home soon!

And by the way. Thanks for making our country safer!

luvmysteelers
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Thank you for your service, SteelR1! Be safe.

4xSBChamps
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your service, SteelR1! Be safe.
:iagree:

We'll take-care of the Bungles, Rat-birds, and Dolts:
it's the LEAST WE CAN DO, since you're takin' care of us!
:usa:

Come back safely!

melroseplace
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
thank you for everything you're doing for us...I'm glad to hear that you have time to email your wife and keep up with the black n gold :smile:

Corban
02-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes we are the CHAMPS!!! That is such a great feeling to be able to say that! And I would like to thankyou for your service to our country.

Prosdo
02-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey SteelR1. Be safe. Nice to see you around!

Stlrs4Life
02-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Hello all,

Well I finally got a chance to get back on the internet. I left the states a few days after the Super Bowl and I'm now in the great Sandbox.. Bahrain that is, the tiny island off the coast of Saudi Arabia, oh how wonderfull to be in a tent with 8 other guys and sleeping on a cot. Oh how wonderfull to have the water supply go down right in the middle of a shower and the food, now that is another story. But atleast I can get access to the internet to email the wife and check out the forum....

I'm trying to read up on all I can but I only get 30 minutes a day so I have to spend my time on here wisely!!!!!

Anyways just wanted to say WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelR1

Know the feeling, been there for the first time around. Take care, and Godspeed.

101st Screaming Eagles!

Dook
02-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah but it's not all bad.

They have good shwarma's and you can always go over to the Rock Bottom club to pick up English flight attendants.

SteelR1
02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks for all the comments and those of you that have been here, you know!!!

It's my 8th trip to the box, so you get used to what is here. I just wish I was home still celebrating!!!!

It's crazy how many posts are up in the forum, awesome to see how fast it's growing. More Steeler fans the better!!!!!!!!!

I love being able to get updated news and just to know what is going on with the players, keep up the great work mods!!!

Everybody keep waving those towels, even in the off season.

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Stay safe, and thanks!

melroseplace
02-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Everybody keep waving those towels, even in the off season.

always :tt:

SteelR1
02-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Almost out of here, a few days of packing all the equip up and getting the jets ready and I'm homebound!!!!!!!!!

Then my few minutes a day surfing the board can turn into hours of surfing the board,, YES!!

So thanks for all the comments and I'll see everybody back on American soil!!!!

Oh, HERE WE GO STEELERS,, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PisnNapalm
02-26-2006, 10:22 AM
That's great to hear. :oD I know I speak for alot of people when I say THANK YOU! for serving in our military. Safe trip home.

SteelR1
02-26-2006, 10:33 AM
That's great to hear. :oD I know I speak for alot of people when I say THANK YOU! for serving in our military. Safe trip home.

Not a problem, just doing my job!!!!

I'm ready for some crab legs, some hot wings, Mountain Dew, BEER, NFL network and TV in general, American radio stations, ready to ride my R1, drive my car, sleep in my own bed, take a shower in my own bathroom, ready to see Grass, and best of all my wife and kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can that plane get here any quicker,,,,,,,

BlitzburghRockCity
02-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all you do over there to keep us safe man !! :tt: What is the R1 doing while your overseas these days ?

melroseplace
02-26-2006, 11:44 AM
have a safe flight home!

luvmysteelers
02-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm glad to hear you'll be on your way home soon. Thank you for doing what you do, we're proud of you!

SteelR1
03-03-2006, 02:35 AM
IM HOME

Will post more later, wife and daughter are tearing at my feet!!!!!!!!!

Lambertfan
03-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks SteelR1 for your service to your Country.let me know if you need anything and I will ship it over,like The Sunday Post Gazette or other thing for comfort,don't know if i could get a air conditioner over there, I just saw Steeler Super Bowl XL key chains at Sheetz,now that I can send over no problem,just say the word. had a nephew that spent 17 months in Baghdad and said it was stinking hot over there. Stay Safe. Go Steelers!!!!

bigbensgirl7
03-05-2006, 12:10 AM
IM HOME

Will post more later, wife and daughter are tearing at my feet!!!!!!!!!
Great news....enjoy your wife and daughter...and we'll see you back on here real soon!!!

Oh and THANKS FOR DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY!!!!

SteelR1
03-05-2006, 01:34 PM
It's been a great weekend!!!!!! Went to the beach with the wife and kid, got some crab legs and had a great time.

Thanks for all the comments, you guys and gals are the best!!!!!!

Watching some Combine coverage right now, cant wait for the draft. Curiosity is killing me.

Heres to a great STEELER YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!