PDA

View Full Version : The most memorable play of the .....

clevestinks
02-16-2006, 04:51 PM
season, was??????

I hate to say it , but my most memorable play was, Big Bens game saving, season saving, Super Bowl saving TACKLE! I hate that my most mem. play started with a Bettis fumble.

Also though, the same game Porters back to back sacks!

4xSBChamps
02-16-2006, 05:02 PM
..... when that Colt DB began weaving, instead-of a flat-out sprint, I figured that Roethlisberger was doing the same-thing, about 10 yards further down-field, and that Roethlisberger might slow him-up, allowing another Stiller to have a chance:
I never figured he'd MAKE the tackle himself!!!!!
:screwy:

That guy will always have a bad-taste in his mouth about that weekend:
first, his wife stabs him, then a QB tackles him, costing his team the game!
:kick: :rofl:

PisnNapalm
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
I have to agree. "The Tackle" is the most memorable play of the season for me too.

Although, if I were to say which play(s) were the most FUN to watch??

1. Direct snap to Randle el, lateral back to Ben, then a long pass to Wilson for a score against the Bungles.

2. Fast Willie ripping off 75 yards in the Super Bowl was spectacular!

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
While I agree the "Divine Interbention" was one of the more important plays of the season.

The play that I personally enjoyed watching the most was when Jerome Bettis paved a new Pennsylvania highway over Brian Urlacher. There were Chicago fans in our section and the one fan simply stated "unbelievable". It was sweet.

mopit55
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
the ben's tackle is memorable but for the originality i prefer the randle el 43 pass td.in the season the pass of ben for hines vs patriots was terrible.

javiergo
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
No doubt, if Ben does not stop that play superbowl XL would have never happened. In fact, everything including the stars were on place for the steelers this year. We have a great team with great chemistry.

Way to finish the year steelers.

Best regards.

BlackNGold203
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
The play that I personally enjoyed watching the most was when Jerome Bettis paved a new Pennsylvania highway over Brian Urlacher. There were Chicago fans in our section and the one fan simply stated "unbelievable". It was sweet.

this was my choice as well...the Chicago game started "the run"...and that play exemplified the attitude it took to get to the promised land....

To quote Jerome on the bench after that play..."they aint so tough...thats smashmouth football...Pittsburgh style..."

there were so many special plays...but that one...wow...I think that one started all the magic

BB2W
02-16-2006, 06:06 PM
For me it was the throwback play against the Bengals in the playoffs...

SISTINAS
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I would have to say it was the Randle el to Ward pass in the Super Bowl. That was when it really hit me - the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl! Seeing Chad Johnson cry on the sidelines was pretty sweet, too.

klick81
02-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Reading all of you guy's replies, it's too hard for me to pick just one. But Ben's tackle will defenitely always stand out, even though it never should have happened. The pass from Randle to Ben and then to Wilson will be a close second. It was just so beautiful!

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 07:42 PM
The Ben tackle was, is, and always will be media hype. That game was a blow-out except for a few bad calls and a little bad luck...I'm trying to forget that play and haven't been allowed.

For me it wasn't one play, but one drive, and it was in the Chargers game. We'd already been cursed by the officials and had several calls go against us, then Ben got hit and (little did we know at the time) was actually injured. He finished that game hurt, and mustered a beautiful drive from our own 38 into Reed's FG range on MNF in a hostile environment and the Steelers stole a game that we weren't suppose to win. Champions go into hostile environments on the road and overcome bad calls and all kinds of adversity, and, By God, we did that in San Diego...And we were Champions this year...

tony hipchest
02-16-2006, 07:47 PM
i liked the 80 yd pass from ben to ward to answer an early deficit against the patriots. it showed alot of poise from ben and seemed to me that he put the afc champ game loss behind him. at the time i was sure the pats would lose and was looking at it as a changing of the guard almost. it validated hines contract too.

on defense: brett farve getting stuck and putting the ball on the ground for polamalu.

playoffs: the throwback and td to wilson against the bengals. that play looked like it was in slo motion and ben nor wilson seemed to have anyone 10 yards around them. it was almost surreal and the 1st hint that the steelers had offensively arrived with the big offensive dogs.

klick81
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
For me it wasn't one play, but one drive, and it was in the Chargers game. We'd already been cursed by the officials and had several calls go against us, then Ben got hit and (little did we know at the time) was actually injured. He finished that game hurt, and mustered a beautiful drive from our own 38 into Reed's FG range on MNF in a hostile environment and the Steelers stole a game that we weren't suppose to win. Champions go into hostile environments on the road and overcome bad calls and all kinds of adversity, and, By God, we did that in San Diego...And we were Champions this year...

I WAS THERE!!! Man, that was crazy. :bouncy:

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I WAS THERE!!! Man, that was crazy. :bouncy:

And that game did two things for me...it gave me some understanding of why Seattle MIGHT complain a little, and proved to me that MY team was good enough to overcome some adversity where they hadn't been able to before...it takes time to forge a Champion.

klick81
02-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Werd.

Stlrs4Life
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Most memorable play for me would be any of Willies long TD runs, vs Cleve. and Seattle. But if we are talking biggest play of the season, most definately would be Bens tackle.

TasmanianTroy271
02-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Had to be the Randle El lateral back to Ben, and the TD to Wilson. No one saw that play coming, and it was perfect, and it was against the bungles... it was the last nail in the coffin against them, and proved "oh snap, we have to watch out for these steelers, they aren't here just by a fluke".

TexaSteeler
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
My favorite was the first down play when they ran the ball.

BB2W
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Two other plays that stand out to me are Willie Parker's 48 yard screen pass and his 45 yard run against the Titans in week one... It was the first time you really got to see what Willie brings to the table. Titans coach Jeff Fisher later said he was the fastest player he has ever seen.

stand undefeated
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Easily a memorable moment was Maddox's INT to lose the game in JAX... who knows how the could have effected our season for the worse believe it or not.

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Easily a memorable moment was Maddox's INT to lose the game in JAX... who knows how the could have effected our season for the worse believe it or not. indeed. i will never forget what a critical loss i thought that was at the time. it is one of the most memorable and forgettable plays all in one.

i must throw out a preseason game though. the 1st 3 td's vs the eagles in the opener made me really think that the steelers were gonna be a defensive and special tams powerhouse. they didnt turn out quite as good as they looked to start of that game but good enough to win the sb.

and as bad as ben sucked in the preseason that 158.3 passer rating in the 1st game was definitely memorable and shattered thoughts that he was entering his sophmore slumps. it was a "perfect" game for him.

Mr. Clean
02-17-2006, 06:44 PM
There are several - here goes!

1. James Harrison's powerslam of that idiot Clown fan. Geez, I would live to do that to every one of those morons!
2. Bettis plastering Urlacher. Not only did Bettis knock Urlacher off of his feet - if you watch the replay, Bettis' left knee smacks Urlacher in the head.
3. The fleaflicker pass against the Bungles in Sissynatty.
4. Ben's bootleg for a TD against Denver that put the game away.
5. Vanderjagt's miss - I don't like the Steelers' chances if he makes it.
6. Willie's Super Bowl TD run.
7. Randle El's Super Bowl TD pass.
8. Bill Cowher handing the Vince Lombardi Trophy to Dan Rooney.
9. The parade in Pittsburgh on Feburary 7.
10. Who dey? WE DEY!

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Easily a memorable moment was Maddox's INT to lose the game in JAX... who knows how the could have effected our season for the worse believe it or not.
Fact remains though, we ended up a sixth seed because of the loss. And we grew closer as a team on the three playoff road wins. So maybe the int. by Tommy ought to be a best play of the year???

MichiSteeler
02-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Definatly Ben's tackle. But other ones i liked where the flea flicker throwback, polamalu's 70 yard fumble return from brett favre, and any of randle el's punt returns.