PDA

View Full Version : Daunte to Dallas???

Ruck Fules
02-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I just heard on ESPN that Minnesota is trying to trade Daunte Culpepper. Where do you think he will end up? I hope he comes to Dallas, we can trade Bledsoe for Daunte! :grin:

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I think Randy Moss might be lobbying for him in Oakland.

I can also see the Ravens trying to get him.I think they now know that Kyle "Should Have Been A" BoLLLLLLLLLLLer isn't the answer at QB for the Ratbirds.And with the sex boat scandal where Daunte is being charged,he'll be well embraced in the locker room.

Ruck Fules
02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Nah I rather have him with the Cowboys.

LambertIsGod58
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Miami I think may be the front runner.

clevestinks
02-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Hate to say it, but Dallas would be a good fit for him

syde18T
02-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Last I heard, a trade of Culpepper for Jamal Lewis is in the talks. Heard it on Dan Patrick...

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 07:17 PM

But it's not about what you want,it's about what Bill Parcells wants,and I don't think Parcells would give up his current starting QB and/or a 2nd rounder for Cullpepper (who has a worse season than Bledsoe and is coming off of a seroius injury which may never let him play like he had in past years before).

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Last I heard, a trade of Culpepper for Jamal Lewis is in the talks. Heard it on Dan Patrick...

That's funny,seeing how Jamal Lewis is a free agent.

BlackNGold203
02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I dont think he'll be back full speed from that blown out knee until well into the season...so whoever gets him better have another QB to start the season

Ambridge
02-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I heard on Sirius NFL Radio today that Culpepper and his agent are asking the Vikings for a huge contract.
Daunte needs to be able to prove that he can still play good football after seriously tearing up his knee this past season before sticking his ass in his mouth and asking for a big pay-day that he's probably not going to get.

syde18T
02-16-2006, 07:22 PM
That's funny,seeing how Jamal Lewis is a free agent.

It's not March yet. Ravens are probably trying to get some sort of compensation for Lewis before he officially becomes an FA

RoethlisBURGHer
02-16-2006, 07:36 PM
It's not March yet. Ravens are probably trying to get some sort of compensation for Lewis before he officially becomes an FA

I doubt Lewis is gonna sign a contract just to be traded.He's gonna go into free agency and sign who he wants to sign with.

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I just heard on ESPN that Minnesota is trying to trade Daunte Culpepper. Where do you think he will end up? I hope he comes to Dallas, we can trade Bledsoe for Daunte! :grin:

That would be great, Daunte has shown me shit when he doesn't have Moss (even then, how many rings?). In my book he's almost as overrated as Mike Vick. Take him. If I were you, I wouldn't be this happy over getting the chance of having this guy on my roster. But it's obvious your desperate. I understand.

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
I'd guess that Culpepper's best bet's were, and not in any particular order:

Miami
Baltimore
Oakland
Dallas

-Miami has just a bunch of nothing at QB, and I think they know that.
(Chicago would actually be the best fit, because they are in the same boat as Miami, it's just that they are apparently stupid enough to think that Rex Grossman is the answer...)

-Baltirats QB is? Please. I'd be a viable candidate on this shit team.

-Collins threw a pretty long ball, but the team sucked so bad it didn't matter. Davis is crazy enough to maybe spend big bucks to reunite Culpepper and Moss again.

Dallas- Bledsoe? Old and done...they need to face facts that their pitcher Drew is also a bust. Romo is a fun gunslinger type, but Parcells is probably the worst coach in the NFL for a gunslinger to play under.

Brady12
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Miami is probably the highest possibility. Ty Law even said that he is considering wanting to go there, because all they need is a QB. Even though he mentioned Steve McNair going there, not Daunte.

Zez
02-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Culpepper blew out his knee. I would never trade for that. If you are in need of a QB, sign a FA...can we say Drew Brees? I know he hurt his shoulder, but he should be OK, and I don't think SD will re-sign him. I am not saying he is great, but he is good, and Culpepper showed he wasn't crap w/o Moss before his injury.

Bottom line...if you are going to get an injured QB, get the one where you don't have to trade anything away.

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I forgot to mention the Jets...It's likely that Pennington will suffer from "Tommy Maddox Noodle Arm" disease and is finished.

As for the claims that he's overrated or that he was only good with Moss, I'm posting his #'s below, and it's hard to look at them and see anything but a good QB, and if Moss made him, than Collins should have put up P. Manning #'s in oakland with Moss, and we all know he didn't. I think he had a rough time adjusting, and will come back strong from his injury in '06.

Career:
91.5 QBR 1678 of 2607 64.4% for 20162 yards 248.9 YPG 454 career rushing yards 135 TD's to 86 INT's.

Not too shabby.