PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Humes

Suitanim
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I want 100% full credit if he lands in B&G.

I also want 85% credit for Martin Nance since I called him 2 years ago on another board.

75% for Mangold.

BB2W
02-17-2006, 10:02 AM
:thmbup: I would like to see all three of those guys playing in Pittsburgh next year...

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 10:08 AM
If Hartings or Okobi leave, I wouldn't be surprised if it went Mangold, Nance, Humes. Of course, 4,000 different things could occur between now and April 29th, so...

BB2W
02-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Mangold has shot tot he top of my list... especially after all the postitve talk at the Senior Bowl. Being a Penn State fan I've seen him in action, but to here it from the scouts makes me positive he will be a good center for a long time in the NFL. It's not often you are rooting for your team to draft a center with their first round pick but this seems like the perfect year.

As I said when we drafted Heath Miller with the 30th pick in the draft... Whenever you can get the best player at his position that late in the draft it is a steal. I think if Mangold falls to the last pick in the first round its a steal.

Koopa
02-17-2006, 07:47 PM
oh shit the draft isn't on a very good day, it's the first weekend i'll be 21 and it's one of my friends birthday, i don't think i'll remember what happened that day but i wouldn't mind those draft picks at all

Suitanim
02-23-2006, 09:45 AM
but do you really think humes is a third round pick? most the mocks i've seen has him at 4th or 5th rd. i meen i'm all for gettin him,this draft looks pretty thin as far as big bruiser backs go.

I think his stock rose after the Senior Bowl, and will continue to rise, and the Steelers are at least partially to thank for it. They won the Super Bowl using a thunder/lightning attack, and they also had success using a guy who wasn't a started in College, just like Humes.