PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Carter

clevestinks
04-05-2005, 03:42 PM
This may be a yawn, but its Steelers news.

The Steelers retained the services of one of their own unrestricted free agents when they signed veteran safety Tyrone Carter to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released

BB2W
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Tyrone Carter is a good athlete. He was great at the University of Minnesota. He won the Jim Thorpe award, given to the nations top defensive back. Carter was pretty much the best saftey in the Big Ten his entire college career.

As a pro he has not got much playing time, mostly due to injuries. He had a decent year with the Jets.......

HinesWard4Life8682
04-05-2005, 05:47 PM
so i guess him and chris hope are gonna compete for the FS spot since troy has SS locked up

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
and also means that they arent sold on logan/stuvaints as backups either..this way, open competition is nice and good for the team.

clevestinks
04-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Got to love Logan and Stuvaints , I mean come on there local talent, but Logan is getting up there a bit

BlitzburghRockCity
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
ive always like logan.. kind of a carnell lake type player in terms of can play Safety or CB in a pinch. Im not saying he's on the talent level of Lake, but the same mold as being universal.

stuvaints is just a scrapper, the guys been cut and resigned almost as much as Matt cushing, but still keeps fighting!!

ironcitychef
04-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I think most importantly it shows where we are not going to be drafting in a few weeks. With him signed, it gives more depth to an area. Look for us to go elsewhere in the first days.