PDA

View Full Version : IKE TAYLOR!!!!!

pittsburgh$teelersfan
02-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I know he is a free agent but I want him to be signed to a long a term deal with the steelers.What about yall are yall sold on ike taylor he is my favorite pittsburgh steeler player.

Koopa
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
damn, the way the title was i thought he agreed to sign or something, yeah i'm sold on him, he's good and he needs to stay here, but if he leaves i hope seriously hope his career goes to shit with injuries and shit like that for being a disloyal prick

BlackNGold203
02-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Hes a restricted FA..the Steelers can match any offer he gets or get draft compensation for him

bigbensrose
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I like Ike too. But I also like Randle El. I almost wish there was no salary cap. I don't think it matters how much you pay a player. Meaning I dont think the amount of money you pay someone reflects their talent. Only their ego and willingness to display their talent. Salary caps make it fair you say......how so.......The NFL is a multi-million dollar business with corporate sponsors. Im sure there is plenty of money to go around to build a team, o matter which city they are from. If you cant afford to run an NFL team....sell it to someone who can.

melroseplace
02-17-2006, 01:31 AM
I definitely hope to see Ike back next year. he's made some definite progress this year and I think he will only continue to get better

mopit55
02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
ike is a good instinctive player,steelers must give a long term contract because antwaan goes.he's the future,he knows the team,tactics,and rivals receivers.

Fordy
02-17-2006, 02:05 AM
I think Mcfadden is better and Ike makes me nervous at times but overall Ike is a playmaker and good cover corner. I hope he stays with us and I'd be shocked if he and the Steelers part ways.

Milkman
02-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I say we keep him.

BlackNGold203
02-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Once again...Ike isnt going anywhere...he's a restricted FA....if he gets an offer...the Steelers will match it...restricted FA rarely get much play because teams dont want to give up any draft picks in compensation

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 10:04 AM
I think Mcfadden is better and Ike makes me nervous at times but overall Ike is a playmaker and good cover corner. I hope he stays with us and I'd be shocked if he and the Steelers part ways.

Is this New Jerz B balla Delux 247 Fordy?

rowedf
02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
They'll re-sign him, but I do not think it'll be long term, he hasn't proven THAT much yet.....so far I like what I see in him, but no way can you pay him the money that even the top 10 corners are getting. The other thing that is nice about Ike is that he has a very good relationship with Dan Rooney, I've heard several times that they even have a funky handshake thing going on everytime they see each other, that cracks me up.

melroseplace
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM
The other thing that is nice about Ike is that he has a very good relationship with Dan Rooney, I've heard several times that they even have a funky handshake thing going on everytime they see each other, that cracks me up.

haha I would love to see them do the handshake. Ike cracks me up, plus seeing Rooney do that would be great

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I like Ike too. But I also like Randle El. I almost wish there was no salary cap. I don't think it matters how much you pay a player. Meaning I dont think the amount of money you pay someone reflects their talent. Only their ego and willingness to display their talent. Salary caps make it fair you say......how so.......The NFL is a multi-million dollar business with corporate sponsors. Im sure there is plenty of money to go around to build a team, o matter which city they are from. If you cant afford to run an NFL team....sell it to someone who can.

If its between Ike and ARE, We have to keep IKE, i like ARE, but IKE TAYLOR is going to be a shut down CB in years to come.

mdhus
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Ike Taylor and Chris Hope are MUST re-signs

siko

rowedf
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
YOu cant really consider restricted FA's in with unrestricted...we really should keep all restricted, if not, we either don't want them or value the compensation pick as more value, either way, the Steelers get what they want.

The unrestricted I'm not sure on...I think it will be too tough to keep ARE.....he's gonna get paid. The spot I'm interested to keep an eye on is Kimo and Kiesel...thats going to be interesting. I think they'll sign Hope, although that is probably the easier position to fill when considering the starting unrestricteds that are up.