PDA

View Full Version : Bubble 16-Starter 5

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
OK. Now it's time for the fun. The games are about to begin.

Pick your Bubble 16 - 8 guys in and 8 guys out then your
Starter 5 - Five positional battles and who wins over whom.

Bubble 16

Bubble 8 in (no particular order)
1. Sean McHugh - How he plays makes a difference. The steelers were able to put off making the decision until this year because he got hurt. I hear Johnson is struggling.

2. Antonio Brown -He will try to return punts but in reality, he won't get to do it in the games. He will be inactive all year. He will only make the team in order to keep teams from stealing him. The Steelers can keep 6 WR but not 6 active.

3. Dwayne Wright- The OL coach likes him and if he is listed as FB and can block, he's in. He is very confident and says he can do everything.

4. Arnez Battle - He has looked good in camp receiving. If he can do what he was brought to do on ST, he's in.

5. Doug Legursky - I think Tomlin likes him and he spoke about is quickness blocking. If he doesn't make it, it is time for him to move on.

6. Jonathan Scott -OL coaches boy. I think he'll be inactive all season though (baring injury).

7. Keyaron Fox -If he can still play ST, he's in. he is a solid contributor and decent at ILB.

8. Stevenson Sylvester - He has flashed some talent. If he makes it, it would likely be just to protect him. Still he better do well on ST just in case.

Bubble 8 out (in no particular order)

1. Stephan Logan- I like the guy and I hope he makes it but right now outside looking in. He better return one for a TD in preseason.

2. Jonathan Dwyer - Injuries and struggling with blocking won't help. Wright and Redman also hurt him. I smell practice Squad.

3. David Johnson -I hear he is strugling. He still has a shot to beat McHugh though.

4. Craig Urbik - There is too much talent at guard now. Essex and Foster are fine backups. They will offer him practice squad though.

5. Crezdon Butler - very close

6. Frank Summers -no room for him. Even Dwyer would make it over him

7. Anthony Madison -no more ST only guys

8. Patrick Baily -no more ST only guys

Starter 5
1. Pouncey over Essex -I think the organization would like to keep the fans excited.*
2. Randel El over Sanders - only out of respect. (3rd WR is starter in some sets)
3. McFadden over Gay and Lewis
4. Keisel over Hood - only out of respect
5. Farrior over Foote - At least to start the season.

*If Essex beats Pouncy, Pouncey will immediately start studying the calls for center and will take over for Hartwig by the end of the season.

whatdoiknow
08-13-2010, 05:49 PM
The steelers have kept 6 WR's several times. And Brown is a great return guy. Maybe the best in college football the past 10 years. He is truly a multiple threat in catching, running, returning, and even PASSING the ball at times. I think Antonio Brown is really gonna surprise alot of fans here. Watch out for him.

GrizzlyDean
08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Nice write up SteelKnight I enjoyed reading this.

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 06:59 PM
The steelers have kept 6 WR's several times. And Brown is a great return guy. Maybe the best in college football the past 10 years. He is truly a multiple threat in catching, running, returning, and even PASSING the ball at times. I think Antonio Brown is really gonna surprise alot of fans here. Watch out for him.

Recently the keeping 6WR has been occasionally. They have gone with 5 and even at times survived with 4 (temporarily). I agree with you though that they will likely keep 6 WR this time because Brown is looking good.

They cannot afford however to keep 6WR on the active game day roster. He will likely be inactive the whole season. If they decide to put Sanders at KR and release Logan, someone like Burnett or ARE must do punts (I'm guessing they secretly don't want ARE but don't want to hurt his feelings). Burnett has fumbled a few times before. We'll see.

It is just not practical to activate Brown (even if he is good at PR) unless he can beat out ARE or Sanders for the 4th receiver.

I already think they will have an issue with either Sanders, ARE, or Battle. The Steelers like to go with 4 active WR. This means the 4th WR must be good at ST. I think it would be disrespectful to not have ARE make the top 4 so this leaves Sanders and Battle battling for the 4th spot (even if not 4th on depth). They may decide that both are capable and both help them with ST and decide to activate 5...fine. That may happen but no way are they activating 6 so Brown will be inactive.

If Battle sucks at ST, it will make things easier on everyone.

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Nice write up SteelKnight I enjoyed reading this.

Thanks. I'm no expert though...just for fun.

I can't wait for the game. I'm not in the Pitt area so I will have to wait until Sunday at 10 AM to watch the game on NFL Network.

DanRooney
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Bubble 16

1. Sean McHugh - How he plays makes a difference. The steelers were able to put off making the decision until this year because he got hurt. I hear Johnson is struggling.

2. Antonio Brown -He will try to return punts but in reality, he won't get to do it in the games. He will be inactive all year. He will only make the team in order to keep teams from stealing him. The Steelers can keep 6 WR but not 6 active.

3. Dwayne Wright- The OL coach likes him and if he is listed as FB and can block, he's in. He is very confident and says he can do everything.

4. Arnez Battle - He has looked good in camp receiving. If he can do what he was brought to do on ST, he's in.

5. Doug Legursky - I think Tomlin likes him and he spoke about is quickness blocking. If he doesn't make it, it is time for him to move on.

6. Jonathan Scott -OL coaches boy. I think he'll be inactive all season though (baring injury).

7. Keyaron Fox -If he can still play ST, he's in. he is a solid contributor and decent at ILB.

8. Stevenson Sylvester - He has flashed some talent. If he makes it, it would likely be just to protect him. Still he better do well on ST just in case.

1. Stephan Logan- I like the guy and I hope he makes it but right now outside looking in. He better return one for a TD in preseason.

2. Jonathan Dwyer - Injuries and struggling with blocking won't help. Wright and Redman also hurt him. I smell practice Squad.

3. David Johnson -I hear he is strugling. He still has a shot to beat McHugh though.

4. Craig Urbik - There is too much talent at guard now. Essex and Foster are fine backups. They will offer him practice squad though.

Starter 5
1. Pouncey over Essex -I think the organization would like to keep the fans excited.*
2. Randel El over Sanders - only out of respect. (3rd WR is starter in some sets)
4. Keisel over Hood - only out of respect
5. Farrior over Foote - At least to start the season.

*If Essex beats Pouncy, Pouncey will immediately start studying the calls for center and will take over for Hartwig by the end of the season.

Keyaran Fox is on no bubble. He's a better player than James Farrior at this point of his career and the Steelers coaching staff knows it. James is on his last leg and Timmons will be slid into his position while Fox and Foote will battle for the mack position next year.

And Logan will make the team. It will be very dumb to get rid of a guy who broke our kick return records just to have another Dookie back there. He can't be released until Burnett or Brown prove they are not only reliable returners, but good ones. This isn't rocket science.

Arnaz Battle and Randle El are cancers on our team. They really have no purpose aside from veteran leadership, which we have enough of. Unfortunately Tomlin is a wuss and will be afraid to cut either of these guys and admit he made a mistake signing this waste of space.

whatdoiknow
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Why can't Brown return Punts, as well as Kick-offs ? He was maybe one of the best Punt returners in college ball ?

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
The other thing I might add about Brown is that Battle was brought over as a special teams gunner(by the new ST coach). If he can't beat out Madison to join Lewis with the first team then it may allow Brown to play. They will not keep Battle activated if he is not with the first team.

If Madison does beat Battle for gunner, Battle may lose his spot on the team. They may go with 5WR if they have to use up another CB spot for Madison.

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Keyaran Fox is on no bubble. He's a better player than James Farrior at this point of his career and the Steelers coaching staff knows it. James is on his last leg and Timmons will be slid into his position while Fox and Foote will battle for the mack position next year.

And Logan will make the team. It will be very dumb to get rid of a guy who broke our kick return records just to have another Dookie back there. He can't be released until Burnett or Brown prove they are not only reliable returners, but good ones. This isn't rocket science.

Arnaz Battle and Randle El are cancers on our team. They really have no purpose aside from veteran leadership, which we have enough of. Unfortunately Tomlin is a wuss and will be afraid to cut either of these guys and admit he made a mistake signing this waste of space.

Good points.

I only put Fox and Sylvester on the bubble because last year we had 3 ILB and this year we will have 5. I do believe both will make the team but if they performed poorly, it would not shock me if Fox was released and Sylvester went to PS (if he cleared wavers). It would however shock me if Farrior didn't make the team.

I would like Logan to make the team but things don't look good for him because RB and WR positions are packed. He might need to run one back to solidify his spot.

I'm not thrilled about ARE or Battle either altough I hear both have been catching decently at camp. Ben has at least 3 TD passes to Battle. I hope Sanders beats out ARE.

What might be helpful is if you go to the Early 53 man roster thread and do your roster. Then you will see how tough it is and how quickly the 53 men fill up. I'd be interested to see who you cut.

Good thoughts

SteelKnight
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Why can't Brown return Punts, as well as Kick-offs ? He was maybe one of the best Punt returners in college ball ?

They are going to try him returning punts. Maybe if he returns one for a TD it will open some eyes but the problem is more of available active game day spots.

If the team would be willing to put him above ARE and Battle, then we might be OK.

I don't think he will beat Sanders and I am guessing Battle is to replace Madison as first team gunner opposite Lewis.

If the team keeps Madison then they can afford to release Battle, this would help Brown's chances because then the Steelers could go with 5 active (including Brown) and use him as PR. 5 active would be tough but with no Logan, they can do it.

cloppbeast
08-13-2010, 08:04 PM

We're talking about a guy with no possibility to start in the near or distant future, who was an overall disapointment as a game changing kick returner last year. If you keep a guy on the roster solely to return kicks with absolutely no offensive or defensive value, then he made the team to take it to the house, not to make it to the 30 on every kick-off. Logan couldn't get into the end-zone with 55 kickoff returns or 30 punt returns. While we were getting returned on left and right, Logan had nary a counter. All the while, he was taking up a roster spot - probably Redman's spot. We really could have used Redman on short yardage plays last year.

Needless to say, I hope Logan doesn't make the team this year. With the Rooney's bearing down on Tomlin about developing young players, I really don't think Tomlin will be stupid enough to put Logan on the roster this year.

If it came down to choosing young players who will provide desperately need ST help who could eventually start for your team, like Brown, Sylvester, or Gibson over Logan, which would you pick? IMO, Logan's out.

SteelKnight
08-14-2010, 12:46 AM
I am reading now that Jonathan Scott is playing terrible. If this continues, he might move to the bubble out spot and in this case I might give the spot to either Logan, Dwyer, or Butler. There is no good OL to use it on. They should double up on tackle on the PS though so if there is an injury, they can move one up.

DanRooney
08-14-2010, 04:33 AM
We're talking about a guy with no possibility to start in the near or distant future, who was an overall disapointment as a game changing kick returner last year. If you keep a guy on the roster solely to return kicks with absolutely no offensive or defensive value, then he made the team to take it to the house, not to make it to the 30 on every kick-off. Logan couldn't get into the end-zone with 55 kickoff returns or 30 punt returns. While we were getting returned on left and right, Logan had nary a counter. All the while, he was taking up a roster spot - probably Redman's spot. We really could have used Redman on short yardage plays last year.

Needless to say, I hope Logan doesn't make the team this year. With the Rooney's bearing down on Tomlin about developing young players, I really don't think Tomlin will be stupid enough to put Logan on the roster this year.

If it came down to choosing young players who will provide desperately need ST help who could eventually start for your team, like Brown, Sylvester, or Gibson over Logan, which would you pick? IMO, Logan's out.

Overall disappointment? You obviously didn't watch our STs last year because Logan was the lone star on the entire squad. He was one of the best in the league statistically at return yards and you're telling me you want to get rid of him to gamble with Burnett or Brown out there? For all we know, both return like Willie Reid or Colclough. I haven't heard anything about them showing any potential. With Logan, we have a threat that has the ability to take it to the house on every return. Now that Ligshitsky is gone I guarantee you he'll return a few with better blocking for him up front.

Gibson is already a lock for a roster spot and is performing better than Worilds. :thumbsup: Brown may be a PS guy and I really see him making no impact whatsoever on our team this season anyway. He's not going to get a chance at WR with losers like Arnaz Battle and Randle El on our team.

DanRooney
08-14-2010, 04:40 AM

Overall disappointment? You obviously didn't watch our STs last year because Logan was the lone star on the entire squad. He was one of the best in the league statistically at return yards and you're telling me you want to get rid of him to gamble with Burnett or Brown out there? For all we know, both return like Willie Reid or Colclough. I haven't heard anything about them showing any potential returning.

Gibson is already a lock for a roster spot and is performing better than Worilds. :thumbsup:

SteelKnight
08-14-2010, 06:25 AM
:thumbsup:

Dan. Let 's see your 53. It's really hard this year. You can go to the "Early 53" thread and cut and paste to make it faster. It is easy to criticize cutting someone but it is harder to decide who he should replace. I had a hard time cutting players like Dwyer. Just give it a try. I'm interested to see who misses the cut on your predicted roster.

SteelKnight
08-14-2010, 06:51 AM
The more that I think of it, they are open battles.

There is no reason the Steelers couldn't take Logan over Brown and just put Brown on the PS wit hopes he would pass wavers. In order to do this, he should be the last cut though. He is only 5'10. maybe that will slow teams excitement.

There is also no reason Anthony Madison can't beat out Arnez Battle. Even though Madison won't really be developing (despite what we hear), neither will Battle...much.

It should be good.

SteelKnight
08-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Even though that was mostly YAC, Antonio Brown helped himself and Logan did nothing for himself.

I think if this keeps up, Battle and Brown stay and Madison and Logan go. I've already predicted that anyway.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Based on play (and experience) we might have to say
1. Ward
2.Wallace
3.Brown
4.Sanders
5.Battle
6.Randel El (inactive)

That could work because the Steelers could:
-activate 5 WR for game day,
-cut Logan
-cut Madison
-Have Battle as a gunner opposite Lewis
-have Brown return punts
-have Sanders return KO
-have a fast slot receiver .whether it turns out to be Sanders or Brown

The only thing holding up this plan is respect for ARE. He can't be a gunner and I don't want him as a KR or PR and we can't activate 6 WR for game day. He just gets in the way. He is good to have on the team as an experienced slow reciver in case Ward goes down (you'll have someone who can run precise slow routes) but I don't want him in the slot (too slow) and messes everthing up as far as game activation.

kirklandrules
08-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Bubble 16

1. Sean McHugh - How he plays makes a difference. The steelers were able to put off making the decision until this year because he got hurt. I hear Johnson is struggling. Life would be so much easier if we would just bring in a true FB, these H-backs aren't fooling anyone and they block about half as well as a good FB. Anyways, Johnson is the better blocker.

5. Doug Legursky - I think Tomlin likes him and he spoke about is quickness blocking. If he doesn't make it, it is time for him to move on.I think he's way under-appreciated. Hope we see more of Leg in the FB spot on short yardage ... he moved his feet like a 250 pounder.

6. Jonathan Scott -OL coaches boy. I think he'll be inactive all season though (baring injury).He's a gonner. He was only here because the o-line coached hates his guts and wanted to beat him up and cut him one more time :wink02:

7. Keyaron Fox -If he can still play ST, he's in. he is a solid contributor and decent at ILB.No way is Fox on the bubble. He's close to being a starter.

Starter 5
1. Pouncey over Essex -I think the organization would like to keep the fans excited.*I think Pouncey will start at center
2. Randel El over Sanders - only out of respect. (3rd WR is starter in some sets) This isn't about respect. Sanders all the way over ARE
4. Keisel over Hood - only out of respect This isn't about respect. Keisel is still talented. It's probably best to have Hood playing back-up to both ends ... he'll get plenty of playing time and we'll have a fresh rotation for 4 quarters.
5. Farrior over Foote - At least to start the season.If we put Foote in Farrior's role, we'll lose every game. Foote is a run stopping ILB only ... he couldn't cover my grandma on passing downs

Thanks, SteelKnight, for putting this together! It's fun having & seeing these discussions. My comments are highlighted above.

u0007890
08-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I think of the 5 ILB with a chance, Foote is the one most likely to get axed...he was losing a step before he left here, let alone a season later. They know that Farrior is on his last legs and will probably need replaced in the next year or so (one can argue he needs replaced now, actually), thus Sylvester isn't going anywhere. Fox has to be ahead of Foote on any depth chart even if they're not primarily at the same spot, so if they don't keep 9 LB's, I'd think Foote is the first one out, not Sylvester or Fox.

u0007890
08-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Based on play (and experience) we might have to say
1. Ward
2.Wallace
3.Brown
4.Sanders
5.Battle
6.Randel El (inactive)

That could work because the Steelers could:
-activate 5 WR for game day,
-cut Logan
-cut Madison
-Have Battle as a gunner opposite Lewis
-have Brown return punts
-have Sanders return KO
-have a fast slot receiver .whether it turns out to be Sanders or Brown

The only thing holding up this plan is respect for ARE. He can't be a gunner and I don't want him as a KR or PR and we can't activate 6 WR for game day. He just gets in the way. He is good to have on the team as an experienced slow reciver in case Ward goes down (you'll have someone who can run precise slow routes) but I don't want him in the slot (too slow) and messes everthing up as far as game activation.

I don't see Madison getting cut this year...after the absolute debacle that special teams were last season, I'd be shocked if they cut the best cover guy they have on ST's.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't see Madison getting cut this year...after the absolute debacle that special teams were last season, I'd be shocked if they cut the best cover guy they have on ST's.

It is true they brought him back but they also brought Battle to compete for gunner. If they really wanted to keep both, they could have played both and not Kenan Lewis. Clearly it means if Madison makes the team, Battle will be cut.

Battle has been catching OK so he has something else to offer.

We'll see.

cloppbeast
08-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Overall disappointment? You obviously didn't watch our STs last year

Is it not possible for two people to watch the same thing and form different opinions?

Satisfaction with a player is based mainly upon your expectations. I feel if you put a player on the roster whose only value is on special teams as a kick returner, you expect a lot more out of him than what the Steelers got out of Logan last year.

If Logan was a viable back-up safety/corner/wide receiver/running back, and/or had future potential to start, I think you look at his ST performance last year pretty optimistically. But that's not the case.

Logan was the lone star on the entire squad.

Honestly, and I have a feeling you'll agree with me here, this isn't really saying much is it? That's kind of like being the hottest waitress at the waffle house.

He was one of the best in the league statistically at return yards and you're telling me you want to get rid of him to gamble with Burnett or Brown out there? For all we know, both return like Willie Reid or Colclough. I haven't heard anything about them showing any potential returning.

But it still beats tying up a roster spot on a slightly above average return specialist. I'll take 3-4 yards less per return to keep a young player who could be a star one day on the team. Are you going to take a chance in hopes of Dwyer clearing waivers? I wouldn't.

Again, I'll use the same example again. With the benefit of hindsight, based on Logan's performance last year, wouldn't you have rather had Isaac Redman on the team?

Bottom line: Logan is going to have a hard time making this team, and I would be extremely surprised if he does make the cut.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Are you going to take a chance in hopes of Dwyer clearing waivers? I wouldn't.

I worry about that...Dwyer clearing wavers. It is so hard to make a team this year. I would like you and Dan to go to the Early 53 thread and make a team. I'd like to see who you cut.

I know one other guy made a list...can't remember who. It's tough.

I have no room for Dwyer. A year on the PS is exactly what he needs....but e migt make the team because of wavers. If he performs well, at least that would help. Te can always cut Wright and use McHugh and Redman as fullback.

Pouncy starting at center is bad news for Legursky. They don't need Hartwig and Legursky as back ups.

kirklandrules
08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Pouncy starting at center is bad news for Legursky. They don't need Hartwig and Legursky as back ups.

Somehow, I think it would be bad news for Hartwig. He doesn't seem to be able to play other positions and quite frankly, he's overpaid to be a backup center. Cut him now and another team will probably pick him up as a backup before the season starts.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Somehow, I think it would be bad news for Hartwig. He doesn't seem to be able to play other positions and quite frankly, he's overpaid to be a backup center. Cut him now and another team will probably pick him up as a backup before the season starts.

It crossed my mind but I just don't see them cutting the guy who has been their starter for the past 2 years. Maybe if Legursky wasn't so short...lol Ben is used to Hartwig so it is helpful to have him around in case Pouncey gets injured.

I think if this happens Hartwig would be active too. Hartwig and Foster would be the two active no starters for the line (with foster backing up LT/RT and LG/RG. Wow.

This would mean they would need to keep Urbik over Legursky.

stb_steeler
08-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I see it maybe a bit different, but this just my opinion here.

Stay:
Brown
Battle
Legursky
Fox
Summers
Baily
Madison

Goes:
Dwayne Brown
Scott
Sylvester
Dwyer
Logan
Urbik
Butler

The biggest bust on the roster has to be logan by far. Dwyer injury prone. Summers still shows promise, has good work ethics. Keyaron Fox would be a good fit if a starter. Baily good on ST. Arnez Battle shows speed. Butler,Urbik,Sylvester,Scott,Brown are practice squad at best. I could be wrong on the go list, havent seen awhole lot of those in practice or preseason game.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 11:23 PM
I see it maybe a bit different, but this just my opinion here.

Stay:
Brown
Battle
Legursky
Fox
Summers
Baily
Madison

Goes:
Dwayne Brown
Scott
Sylvester
Dwyer
Logan
Urbik
Butler

The biggest bust on the roster has to be logan by far. Dwyer injury prone. Summers still shows promise, has good work ethics. Keyaron Fox would be a good fit if a starter. Baily good on ST. Arnez Battle shows speed. Butler,Urbik,Sylvester,Scott,Brown are practice squad at best. I could be wrong on the go list, havent seen awhole lot of those in practice or preseason game.

Butler has been popular among all the coaches and even Bouchette says if they try to PS him he won't clear wavers.

Summers...boo. I'd rather play Legursky or McHugh as fullback. Summers really wants to be a heavy halfback...not an FB. Bouchette thinks Summers will make the team though. He sees them keeping 5 RB. I disagree. I think 4 RB and 6WR.

Your Dwayne Brown is prob. Dwayne Wright. He sounded confident. I was hoping he'd be a hit. Too bad he's been ill.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 11:29 PM
By the way, I have updated my list to have Butler as "Bubble in" and Jonathan Scott as bubble out. Given Flozelle's play, this might change.

I now see that Brown may be active on game day and returning kicks. This means ARE may be inactive. I hate to do it but with Brown, Sanders, and Battle all contributing to ST, ARE must be #6. They can't keep 6 active WR unless maybe if they decide to keep only 3RB active...weird.

SteelKnight
08-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Bouchettes number don't add up. lol

He talks about 3QB, 3TE, 6WR, 5RB, 9OL (26)
3 ST (3)
9 LB, 6CB, 4Safeties, 2NT, (21 so far and can only have 24). When he talks about DE he has Smith, Keisel Hood, and Harris or Worthington. I don't know if he ever mentions Eason (prob not) but even if it turns out to be 4, he is still 1 over.

It's easy to make predictions when you go over the number. Holding to 53 is harder.

ETL
08-18-2010, 09:25 AM
I think of the 5 ILB with a chance, Foote is the one most likely to get axed...he was losing a step before he left here, let alone a season later. They know that Farrior is on his last legs and will probably need replaced in the next year or so (one can argue he needs replaced now, actually), thus Sylvester isn't going anywhere. Fox has to be ahead of Foote on any depth chart even if they're not primarily at the same spot, so if they don't keep 9 LB's, I'd think Foote is the first one out, not Sylvester or Fox.

Highly unlikely that foote will be cut after the signing bonus that they gave him. That also includes guys like Arnaz battle and ARE. Veteran Guys givien bonuses do not get cut.

ETL
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
SteelerKnight

Good write up. I can't see them keeping 5 ILBs and I've been railed on this board for saying this but it may come down to Farrior or Fox being cut IF they want to keep Sylvester on the roster.

The talent at WR is great this year. I see that you haven't mentioned Grisham and he's having a great camp too. But with Sanders and Brown doing well, there is no room for Grisham. I see them keeping 6 WRs with Logan out.

If Butler is in then Madison or Burnett is out. I would prefer that they keep the young guys and see what they can do on ST.

Legursky is too flexible to let go. If Pouncey can play center as a starter, Hartwig will be the casualty. Urbik will be kept if Pouncey starts at center. Otherwise, he's gone.

We will keep only one FB: either Summers or Wright.

Redman will definitely make this team.

ETL
08-18-2010, 09:43 AM
One extra roster spot could be available if they only keep 2 QBs during the 4 game suspension. This means they cut Batch early and keep someone like Sylvester or Madison or Logan. They also will need to have ARE as the 3rd QB.

Once Ben returns, they will need to cut the guy that they kept and sneak him into the PS. Teams will be less likely to grab that guy on to their active roster once the season has gone 4 games into it.

SteelKnight
08-19-2010, 04:53 AM
SteelerKnight

Good write up. I can't see them keeping 5 ILBs and I've been railed on this board for saying this but it may come down to Farrior or Fox being cut IF they want to keep Sylvester on the roster.

The talent at WR is great this year. I see that you haven't mentioned Grisham and he's having a great camp too. But with Sanders and Brown doing well, there is no room for Grisham. I see them keeping 6 WRs with Logan out.

If Butler is in then Madison or Burnett is out. I would prefer that they keep the young guys and see what they can do on ST.

Legursky is too flexible to let go. If Pouncey can play center as a starter, Hartwig will be the casualty. Urbik will be kept if Pouncey starts at center. Otherwise, he's gone.

We will keep only one FB: either Summers or Wright.

Redman will definitely make this team.

Good points. Since I initially made the Bubble list, I am more than convinced Butler is in. Madison will be out.

I was thinking the same as you with Urbik but they might just cut him anyway.

I just don't see Hartwig getting cut. What if Pouncey get injured for the year. They would rather have Hartwig.

I think they keep 5ILB and that is a lot of stress because last year they only had 3. This will put pressure on 2 more spots. No way they release Farrior. Fox is a good player actually. They are all in...as long as they can help out on special teams.

One extra roster spot could be available if they only keep 2 QBs during the 4 game suspension. This means they cut Batch early and keep someone like Sylvester or Madison or Logan. They also will need to have ARE as the 3rd QB.

Once Ben returns, they will need to cut the guy that they kept and sneak him into the PS. Teams will be less likely to grab that guy on to their active roster once the season has gone 4 games into it.

I thought about this but it only buys a little time. maybe they could use te spot of Worthington. I say nah...just keep Batch and cut Batch when Ben comes.