PDA

View Full Version : If I were a center...

SteelKnight
08-14-2010, 05:37 AM
I would learn how to long snap.

Why not. You'd be a coaches dream and save him a roster spot. I know the motion is different. So what? Learn it.

I had such a hard time making my 53. Imagine how easy it would have been if Hartwig, Pouncey or Legursky could LS and I could release Warren.

I just don't get it.

SaskSteeler
08-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Actually most centers can long snap but they aren't used in those situations because of the possibility of injuries and the fact that most long snappers are usually smaller and more athletic and therefore better suited to covering kicks as well

wootawnee
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Long snappers are always working with the kickers and punters.......Centers are always with the offense.......

SteelKnight
08-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Actually most centers can long snap but they aren't used in those situations because of the possibility of injuries and the fact that most long snappers are usually smaller and more athletic and therefore better suited to covering kicks as well

Good point with the injury. I wouldn't want our starting center doing it but most teams have on their roster at least 1 back up center (let's say Legursky makes it). It would be nice to have your back up center doing it and save a roster spot.