Lyn
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
are planning on picking up TJ Duckett?

drizze99
02-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Do you have any links?

Suitanim
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
It's been bandied around a bit here, but I don't know if there's anything really to it yet...

BB2W
02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Len Pasquarelli reported the Falcons were going to try to trade Duckett during the playoffs back in January, but I have not heard anything since and I never heard the Steelers mentioned specifically. I think if Duce can stay healthy that he could be the "big back" in our system, but if not I think I'd like to see Duckett in Black & Gold.

Prosdo
02-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Moving this to the Steelers section

stand undefeated
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I personally, would LOVE to see him as our big back. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!11111

XxKnightxX
02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
as great of a back he is heard of.....his speed and endurance gets questioned but i think he will be a good fit if he were to become our short yardage back.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Heard nothing about it in the local media.

steelers07
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
are planning on picking up TJ Duckett?

Sorry, I have not heard that rumor! Where did you hear that?

Atlanta Dan
02-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Do not wish for Duckett! He has been a bust in Atlanta.

Classic case of All-Pro physical appearance and taxi squad level game performances.

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 05:01 PM
i think the steelers learned the value of having 4 rb on the roster this preseason plus it is in our character to always carry 4. we have 3 right now. if we cut duce we will need 2 and if haynes leaves we will need 3. duckett could be an addition without any subtraction, or the steelers could just try to find another huge free agent like w. parker or j. harrison. i look at the steelers going the cheaper route signing haynes, asking staley to re structure and drafting a mid round rb. (someone better than noah herron)

Stlrs4Life
02-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I think he would be a good fit. Heared this one a few times. We'll have to wait and see.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-17-2006, 06:53 PM
If the steelers do not get a good back in FA or in the draft. we are going to be hurting after about week 3......Because duce will already have 5 different injuries and As much as i love parker........Hes gonna need some help carrying the load..

Cebby
02-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Do not wish for Duckett! He has been a bust in Atlanta.

Classic case of All-Pro physical appearance and taxi squad level game performances.

I don't agree. Atlanta's O-line sucks. Everyone knows that backs live and die by the effectiveness of the o-line.

I think he's a good choice for us. 6-0, 254 lbs.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Gotta love FA, every idea that is tossed around over a Big Mac in the McDonalds playplace is suddenly the latest and greatest rumor..

I havent heard it yet myself but it sounds interesting.

Lyn
02-17-2006, 09:59 PM
TJ played at Michigan State I saw him at the college level and he was an awesome player. When he went to the Falcons playing behind Dunn, he was never utilized to his fullest potential. I would love to see him in the BlackNGold. Staley is getting older, and he seems to injure easily. We need a big back. I read this potential rumor on another Steeler board/
Sorry Steph if I posted it on the wrong board thank you for moving it.

schoondog
02-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't agree. Atlanta's O-line sucks. Everyone knows that backs live and die by the effectiveness of the o-line.

I think he's a good choice for us. 6-0, 254 lbs.

if atlanta's o-line sucks why did have they been running the ball so much and didn't 2 years ago they lead the league in rushing and were near the top this year.
Duckett is soft we don't need him. as for those who want dayne besides 2 games last season wtf has he done.:banging:

Livinginthe past
02-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Due to the Patriots unfortunate early demise in this years playoffs we have already had the 'Duckett to Patriots' rumors for quite a while.

I dont think its beyond belief that both the Pats and the Steelers will be looking for a big, load carrying back in F.A or this years draft - Duckett is an interesting proposal.

NM

tony hipchest
02-18-2006, 12:48 PM
i keep reading the catchphrase "load carrying back" and that willie is not it.

would l.t., c. portis, j. jones, s. alexander, c. martin, t. barber etc. be more prone to injury if they were asked to carry the load 60% of the time? of course! even j. bettis and d. staley took a beating carrying the load that much. the steelers have evolved to a more ballanced offense and w. parker can easilly have a 1500 yd season next year if the steelers offense is more balanced at 50% pass/ 50% run.

no running back is built to carry the load if you are running 60% of the time, that is why last year such a big deal was made out of the steelers running the ball more than any team had done in the past 30 years. this is not a method they want to stick with. parker WILL be effective with a more balanced offense. i like the power running game as much as anyone. i like watching my team win the sb even more.

3 simple facts:
-ben is a bonafide superstar qb who still has alot of upside.
-jerome bettis is gone.
whisenhunt is the perfect o-coord. to orchestrate this transition

doggfather69
02-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Duckett is not a good back. He has been a bust in Atlanta and would be a waste. He isn't even a good fantasy back. Why the hell would we want him.

TasmanianTroy271
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Duckett is not a good back. He has been a bust in Atlanta and would be a waste. He isn't even a good fantasy back. Why the hell would we want him.

The Steelers are known for taking mediocre players from other teams and turning them into great players. Kimo, Hartings, and Farrior are all examples of this. Even Jerome flopped his last year with the Rams, and then came to us and got 6 straight 1000 yard seasons.

I'm just looking at the Falcons roster, and then Duckett's and Dunn's pages. They came to the Falcons the same year, and Dunn has started pretty much every year except for 2003 when he went down with a foot injury and was out for the season. On the carries Duckett did get this year, he got a 3.1 average per rush, which isn't bad, considering he doesn't have the chance to get into any kind of rhythm.

He started 10 games in 2003 when Dunn went out. Any idea what his stats were when he consistently ran? 4.0 yards a rush, and 11 touchdowns that season. That's a TD for each game started. How can anyone call this guy a flop. That'd be like saying Tatum Bell is a flop, just because Mike Anderson got the start in Denver. You can't blame Duckett for being on the same team as Dunn, it's not his fault.

In conclusion, Duckett is not a flop. Even without consistant starts, he still does fairly well. Put him behind our O-Line, and who knows what he could do.

SteelerMurf
02-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Ducket is extremely injury prone compared to how many carries he actually gets.

I would rather roll with Duce as our hammer.