PDA

View Full Version : Dixon Absolutely HAS to be our starter at QB

Pages : 1 [2]

mikegrimey
08-30-2010, 02:50 AM
New England pretty much is an offense ran with the underneath and piles off most of their yardage with RAC's. When there's nowhere to go with the ball, I've literally seen Brady just fall to the ground. Disrupt him and he folds like a lawn chair. Same with Manning. Take them out of their rhytm and they are mediocre at best.

Thing is, their offensive lines are so good, they stand back there with a good 7-9 sec's to throw the football and get sacked what? 9 times a year? They have player personal around them for them to step up and scheme short yardage plays that set up the long ball while a Pittsburgh offense is a grind it out offense to where the running game sets up the pass. Of course, that could change this season once Ben gets back because Arian's is finally letting Ben control things more and when he did, like last season, he throws for over 4,000 yards with 2 WR's with 1,000 as well. Pretty impressive.

I think the alleged greatness of these two offensive lines in all in your head much like Brady's supposed fragility in the face of pressure (pre 2009 season). Manning probably never holds onto the ball for 7-9 seconds, his game is in quickly reading the defense and making fast throws when opponents blitz. Typically when he's pressured he'll just throw the ball away instead of taking a sack, that's where he differs from Ben and why Ben takes more sacks. Of course our o-line isn't great by any stretch, but Ben might have half the sacks if he threw the ball away, but he doesn't, that's just not his game.

SteelKnight
08-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Although I agree with you that everyone's preformance tonight made it all the more evident that we're going to be glad to have Ben back.

Still, Leftwich is probably the most capable of bouncing back from a forgettable preseason. He's the better choice to "manage" a game, we just need our defense and running game to take enough pressure off to not have to play from behind alot. It looked obvious that Dixon was trying too hard, we wouldn't want that in the real season.

Yeah. I think Lefty is the right choice. Did you notice Lefty had to play behind Hartwig? lol The middle was totally collapsing. It's hard to throw with someone in your face all the time. Pouncey did a great job for Dixon.

ricardisimo
08-30-2010, 03:37 AM
A lot of us were hoping for better but hey at least Dixon got a fair shot.

And that's the main point. Whether you were for him or against him, it didn't make much sense to decide anything until he got this chance, and it made zero sense to argue against him getting this shot. If he's as bad as you think, let him get exposed... which he did, I think.

I do like watching him play, as he is clearly the better athlete, but he might never turn the corner as far as QB play.

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Obviously, you don't understand the types of systems that are run alas Colts system VS a Steelers system. The Colts system is completley BUILT around the passing game and rides the arm of Manning. Same with Brees and Brady, traditional drop pack, ryhtmic passers who need their time to read their read and deliver. The Steelers have a more of a balanced attack and use their complimentary backs and running game to keep a defense off balanced, and this allows a gamer like Ben to step up in there, and make things happen if things aren't there.

I agree because THOSE qbs have the ability to do so and Ben does not. Why did Cowher/whiz totally scrap the running game in 03? Because they felt Maddox had the ability based on past showings. They were wrong. How come they BARELY let Ben pass when they were here? Because they understand that he is not elite. You say its the system? Why did whiz change his Steeler philosophy when he got Kurt Warner? Again, because he got a Qb who could make quick reads and one who could carry the team. Ben is not that guy. You saw it last season. He had his best season and it wasnt good enough on a SB winning team. You say "The defense let us down" What about John Elway and Dan Marino? They never had any defense and they were consistently in the playoffs and Super Bowls, with LESS talent. Do me a favor and research HOW MANY extra times our offense has the ball vs our opponents. I have done the research, trust me. The defense affords Ben enough chances to finally get it right. Without those extra chances last season we were 9-7. Do we have a clock grinding, high executing offense? No, we do not. So why do we lead mostly everyone on our schedule in time of possession? Its because of those extra chances I talked about. The defense stops the opposition time and time again. The offense doesnt take advantage and by the 4th qtr the D is tired and that why you have the late defensive collapses. Even with putrid Dennis Dixon starting, we led the Ravens in Time of Possesion. Is that due to the long drives orchestrated by Dixon? NO. It was due to the Defense giving him extra chances by stopping the offense. You say I dont understand the Colts system? lol Arians used to coach Manning. Obviously you didnt know that. Who do you think he believes is better, Ben or Peyton? LOL

Get in Brady/Manning/Bree's face & they are done. Disrupt their timing and ryth, they fall to the ground. Ben normally has to throw the ball only 20-30 some a game and Arians is JUST NOW opening up the play book to where Ben can have the opportunity to put up such numbers as a Brady or Manning. But clearly, Ben is a different style of improvise quarterback, which is 10 X dangerous.

That goes for ANY qb. What happened to Marino vs the 9ers? Too much pressure. What happened with Ben vs the Eagles in 08? Ben vs the Browns in 09? Same thing. So your point is what? Ben will never have the numbers of Brees and Manning because he is slower to process the information. Ben had 4000 yards passing and ONLY 26 TD passes. Do you know why? Because he is not good in the redzone. Again, he processes the information too slowly. That is why we were 23rd in the NFL last season and historically bad in the redzone in the Roethlisberger era. You saw it tonight as well. Marched us down the field only to get a fg out of it. Ben is a pro at that.

You're whole argument is just weak and you fail to see the overall picture. You can pull of stats on Bens 3rd down conversions all day long, those stats still don't tell the story of how games were won and Ben wins in dramatic fashion.

I guess in Manning/Brady/Brees case, give 10000% credit to their offensive line, who OBVIOUSLY give them enough time to not even get sacked. I guess they are "team stats" as well.. whatever that means.

Again, Ben wins because of extra chances created by the Defense. The defense didnt play up to snuff last year but BEN DID. What was the result? 9-7. The year before Ben didnt play up to snuff and the defense did. What was the result? Super Bowl champions. In SB 40 Ben didnt play up to snuff and the defense did. What was the results? SB champs. In SB 43 we were up 20-7 with Ben passing for SIXTY -EIGHT yards bro. Had Ben of produced just two tds earlier instead of fgs, its a blowout. We had to "come back" because of the lack of efficiency of the offense and the defense got tired. This is overwhelming evidence but you cant see it if you have blinders on. Note I have never said Ben wasnt good. Never.

Lastly, did the Saints have a line regarded as a good or great PRE Drew Brees? No sir. In fact in the years PRE Brees Aaron Brooks and Bouman were sacked 41 times in 05. Followed by 34 times in 04 and 41 more times in 03. Add Drew Brees and its18 (06), 16 (07),13 (08), and 20 (09). Is that the line OR THE QB. Is that a coincidence? I think not.
Same with Brady. He was sacked 26 (05) ,26 (06), 21 (07), 16 (09). This line was regarded as one of the best in the league. Brady gets hurt in the 1st game of 08, enter Cassel He was sacked FORTY - SIX times. What happened to the line? As you see it is not the line, it is the QB. As for Manning. Well he doesnt miss games but you saw how he handled the Jets blitz in their 1st loss (When they were undefeated last season). But as soon as he came out and his backup came in, all Hell broke loose. What happened to the great line? As I have proved its not the line, its the QB and his ability to process the information quickly, that makes the line good.

pete74
08-30-2010, 05:29 AM
i dont care if Leftwich or Dixon start, there both below average qb's. Leftwich has been in the NFL long enough for us to realize that he will never be anything more then a mediocre backup. Dixon is young and makes alot of stupied mistakes but he can at least get away from the defense that will be crashing thru the right side of our line all year long.

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 05:32 AM
i dont care if Leftwich or Dixon start, there both below average qb's. Leftwich has been in the NFL long enough for us to realize that he will never be anything more then a mediocre backup. Dixon is young and makes alot of stupied mistakes but he can at least get away from the defense that will be crashing thru the right side of our line all year long.

You cant say that about Lefwich while In Pittsburgh. He has played well for us.

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Funny the OP is ducking his head in the sand. LOL

steelerchad
08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
We just need a bandaid for the first 4 games here. Someone to manage us to a 2-2 start would be sufficient. Defense, running game, and minimal QB mistakes should get this done. I think Lefty looks like the obvious choice for the starting role.

I would say, that I wouldn't mind the Steelers installing a package or 2 for Dixon. Kind of like Slash, when O'Donnell was the starter. Dixon could have some real success on a series or a play or 2 here or there to make some plays. He could even have success throwing the ball as a defense may be looking for him to run when he comes into the game. I just think when he comes into the game as a slash type player his chances for success go way up.

StainlessStill
08-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Again, Ben wins because of extra chances created by the Defense

This is the biggest form of delusion I've ever heard that's ever been spewed. Our defense, of course is always setting a standard and it's what makes our team great, has been since day 1 of Pittsburgh football. We all get that. The point that you're CLEARLY missing is that no matter how much you want to twist things into giving absolutley 0 credit into the ability of what our QB gives us, is that when Ben is on the field, he gives us the best chance at winning games & championships and judging by how his style fits perfectly into what we try to do, he has that IT and elite factor that gets it done in many more different ways than any stat out there wants to say. Again, there's MUCH MORE that goes into a football game than what you see in the stat sheets. All you got to do is watch and understand the kind of dynamic he brings to the team and it's GAME/SET/MATCH. You know what? I say we just get rid of our 100 million dollar QB and pick up a John Doe from the streets. I mean, our defense will give him enough chances and to be a winning QB, so why pay a QB 100 mil when some bum can do the same thing?

The year before Ben didnt play up to snuff and the defense did. What was the result? Super Bowl champions.

Again, this is stretching for the point of argue. Our Special teams were also solid during the '08 season and again, there's so much more that goes into a team effort than stats & dirtsheets. Ben or the offense can't control what the defense or what anyone else does. Point is, is that in situational circumstances, a football game of momentum can turn around at any point. It's during a crunch time drive or play that mainly puts any stat to shame and the reality is, is that even though our defense is stout as ever, they had breakdowns in that 2008 season and it was our offense who time and time again led the way with multiple 80+ yard drives to march down and win the game. That's what separates stat guru's and elite football teams. Look, I get that our defense is pretty much our forte', every Steelers fans know that, but just like Polamalu has said time and time again, even though our defense keeps us in games, the defense also needs the offense to do what they do, get back to the clock game and let that defense rest. It all goes hand in hand, and Ben plays a big part in all of it and the kind of success we have seen over the years whenever things did break down defensively.

In SB 40 Ben didnt play up to snuff and the defense did. What was the results? SB champs

If you think the Steelers defense played "up to snuff" in that game then you need to go back and re-watch that game. Our defense gave up 20 first downs, 400 total yards of offense (270 through the air) and gave up over 33 minutes of T.O.P. In fact, it was our offense that basically made more big plays against a stagnant Seattle team and without those big plays, we could of very well lost that game. Situational crunch time football, better than any stat you want to throw out there and if you played the game you would probably understand that but without Ben and the offense coming up big and if Seattle doesn't commit those penalties, we would of been in trouble. The game of football goes hand in hand. You simply want to point out all of the woes and put it on the shoulders of why, in your case, Ben is mediocre when it simply doesn't work that way.

Lastly, did the Saints have a line regarded as a good or great PRE Drew Brees? No sir. In fact in the years PRE Brees Aaron Brooks and Bouman were sacked 41 times in 05. Followed by 34 times in 04 and 41 more times in 03. Add Drew Brees and its18 (06), 16 (07),13 (08), and 20 (09). Is that the line OR THE QB. Is that a coincidence? I think not.
Same with Brady. He was sacked 26 (05) ,26 (06), 21 (07), 16 (09). This line was regarded as one of the best in the league. Brady gets hurt in the 1st game of 08, enter Cassel He was sacked FORTY - SIX times. What happened to the line?

You're reading too much in between the lines and not understanding that teams do certain things with different sets of Quarterbacks & personal. Of course when Brady goes down, you're not going to see the same circumstance of play calling that benefited more towards Brady and the talent around his ability.

Everything changes with a backup quarterback. Game plan, play calling, protections, personal, situation, etc. Matt Cassel didn't play a down since High School but came in and played exceptionally well givin' the circumstance and situational football. He isn't Tom Brady. Aaron Brooks isn't Drew Brees (how did he do in S.D by the way?) It's comparing apples and oranges to a coaching staff's mentality and different approaches must be made. I'm not taking anything away from Brees or Brady by no stretch of the means, but it's the system that is run and the ability of coaching becomes a big part of it as well in putting the team in the best position while building the rhythm and offensive system around a Manning/Brady/Brees run system. Take them out of the equation and things drastically change philosophy wise, which puts the whole team in survival mode but those QB's excel because they are put in position to do so. Ben is given more freedom that when a play breaks down, he does have that ability to extend things. Ask any defender and they'll probably tell you that Ben is one of the most difficult QB to play against because he simply gives our O that dynamic of escape ability. Brady and Manning is a product of their system and they do that quite well. Ben's a completley different passer in those circumstances and is probably more of a bitch to compete against.

In SB 43 we were up 20-7 with Ben passing for SIXTY -EIGHT yards bro. Had Ben of produced just two tds earlier instead of fgs, its a blowout. We had to "come back" because of the lack of efficiency of the offense and the defense got tired.

Again, where did all of this "team stats" go? You can't put all 100% blame on Roethlisberger for the whole entire offense not producing "just two td's and only fg's." Every player plays a part. 11 men. More times than none, things breakdown and that forces Ben to seemingly use his athletic ability with his legs (I'd love to see Manning/Brady behind our line with guys coming free) and seemly make something our of nothing and eluding many pass rushers in doing so. So being up 20-7 is Ben and the offense's fault for the defense giving up 19 points in 8 minutes and getting beat on a Cover-2 base slant from Warner and Fitzgerald? If our defense "played up to snuff" then Ben and the offense doesn't have to go 80+ yards in 2 minutes to win a Super Bowl that was well in hand. And how many times did Ben and the offense work their ass's off and give the defense the lead in the final MINUTES of each game in 2009? Where's the credit in that? None?

Just proves that you're looking to put all blame into your argument of why Ben is mediocre when in reality football is a team game, and more times than none, Ben has given our team the best chance to win when it's time to play clutch football.

This is going to go back and forth to the end of time. I'm going to agree to disagree because nothing comes out of this, ever.:helmet:

1974/2.0
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Down, since you seem to derail numerous threads with your personal opinion of Ben's ability I thought I would dedicate a thread soley to that issue.

here is the proof Ben is not only an elite quaterback of his generation, he is also an ALL TIME elite QB. Your opinion of his rank must purely be personal and not based on anything factual or football related, which is fine, but you are still wrong either way.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com..._the_best.html

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ram...ack-efficiency

Where is Brady on that list? That's not even all time. If Ben didn't play behind such a great defense he would easily break Elways record, & he STILL might with substantially less comeback chances.

I could post more stats, accolades, & records hes broken that will likely never be touched. There is also a valid, statistically based arguement that proves he is a better QB than Brady, & that's without taking into account his strength & mobility.

So was Terry Bradshaw btw, but you didn't get to see him play. He was Jamarcus Russel with a brain, an arm, and the heart of a champion. He unofficially ran a 3.3 30yd dash, translates into 4.4 speed. Should remind you of Ben but he was a better, TOUGHER runner & athlete by far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1Xt...layer_embedded

I trust Tomlin & the coaching staff have a better idea than you or I of who needs what amount of snaps and with whom. Your assesment of Ben's ability casts credible doubt over the insightfullness and intelligence of all your other observations & opinions.

There is one list Brady adorns that you won't find Bradshaw or Ben on anywhere, those who LOST a SB. Besides, he cheated, so imo it's not even legit.

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, quarterbacks generally handed the ball off more often than they passed it just like Big Ben does today. But when they did pass, it was typically a high-risk, high-reward downfield throw much like those passes that Big Ben throws today.

(Of course, the true romantic might envision Big Ben back in the 1940s, slinging the ball down field on offense and then muscling up on defense a la Sammy Baugh. Big Ben certainly seems built like a linebacker, while Baugh, one of the best passers in history, was also a great defensive back.)

To put Big Ben in our comfort zone that is, to discuss him through the pigskin prism of raw data Roethlisberger is a throwback performer statistically.

In recent years, offenses have focused on short, high-percentage, low-risk passes more than they did in the past. Think the Joe Montana-Tom Brady school of passing theory, which was made possible by the rule changes of 1978 that spawned the Live Ball Era. (Brady and Montana might be as close statistically as any two passers in history.)

Montana entered the NFL in 1979, just in time to take advantage of the new rules, and under the right coach to take take advantage of the new rules, Paul Brown disciple Bill Walsh

Before Montana, teams tended to throw down the field more aggressively. Montana parlayed new-school offense into four Super Bowl victories and a reputation as the best ever at his position. Brady, before his injury this year, had taken the conservative strategy even further, turning a low YPA average (especially before 2007) and an extaordinarily low INT rate into an historically high passer rating and three Super Bowl victories.

So in recent years, per-attempt averages have generally declined in the NFL, while passer ratings (which reward high completion percentages and low INT rates) have skyrocketed.

Just three active players, for example, are in the top 15 all time in YPA (Warner, Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning). But every player in the Top 20 all time in passer rating began their careers in the Live Ball Era (1978-present). Fifteen of those in the Top 20 are still active.

Roethlisberger is the rare player high on both lists.

Brady is not...

Ben is ALREADY top 10 ALL TIME in QB rating, YPA, Completion %, & winning %.

Brady is not...

Ben is just entering his prime, and has accomplished all this behind lines that were far inferior to what Brady or Manning enjoyed. He is better, & more clutch, than them both, & there is your proof.

As far as MY personal opinion of him & his position with the team, I would have been fine with them trading him if they chose.

If u need to learn anything else feel free to ask, have a nice day...

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
This is the biggest form of delusion I've ever heard that's ever been spewed. Our defense, of course is always setting a standard and it's what makes our team great, has been since day 1 of Pittsburgh football. We all get that. The point that you're CLEARLY missing is that no matter how much you want to twist things into giving absolutley 0 credit into the ability of what our QB gives us, is that when Ben is on the field, he gives us the best chance at winning games & championships and judging by how his style fits perfectly into what we try to do, he has that IT and elite factor that gets it done in many more different ways than any stat out there wants to say. Again, there's MUCH MORE that goes into a football game than what you see in the stat sheets. All you got to do is watch and understand the kind of dynamic he brings to the team and it's GAME/SET/MATCH. You know what? I say we just get rid of our 100 million dollar QB and pick up a John Doe from the streets. I mean, our defense will give him enough chances and to be a winning QB, so why pay a QB 100 mil when some bum can do the same thing?

Obviously YOU are the dellusional one. I give Ben credit. I'll say it again. BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS GOOD. He's just not elite. Call my bluff DO THE RESEARCH and SEE if Ben doesnt get 3 or more chances than the opposition provided by the defense. I GUARANTEE you will see I have a valid argument. Dixon is the most recent proof of that. LOL

Again, this is stretching for the point of argue. Our Special teams were also solid during the '08 season and again, there's so much more that goes into a team effort than stats & dirtsheets. Ben or the offense can't control what the defense or what anyone else does. Point is, is that in situational circumstances, a football game of momentum can turn around at any point. It's during a crunch time drive or play that mainly puts any stat to shame and the reality is, is that even though our defense is stout as ever, they had breakdowns in that 2008 season and it was our offense who time and time again led the way with multiple 80+ yard drives to march down and win the game. That's what separates stat guru's and elite football teams. Look, I get that our defense is pretty much our forte', every Steelers fans know that, but just like Polamalu has said time and time again, even though our defense keeps us in games, the defense also needs the offense to do what they do, get back to the clock game and let that defense rest. It all goes hand in hand, and Ben plays a big part in all of it and the kind of success we have seen over the years whenever things did break down defensively.

Our offense? In 08? Thats laughable! Ben had FIVE turnovers vs the Giants and we were still in the game. Same with the Eagles, Titans games. In fact Ben had 26 turnovers and we still won the SB. You elite Qb had 17 TDs and 15 ints lol Defense was #1 Funny you cant mention any GAMES that our offense led the way with multiple 80 yard drives. Merely saying it is not proof. Youre funny. A bad debator but funny

If you think the Steelers defense played "up to snuff" in that game then you need to go back and re-watch that game. Our defense gave up 20 first downs, 400 total yards of offense (270 through the air) and gave up over 33 minutes of T.O.P. In fact, it was our offense that basically made more big plays against a stagnant Seattle team and without those big plays, we could of very well lost that game. Situational crunch time football, better than any stat you want to throw out there and if you played the game you would probably understand that but without Ben and the offense coming up big and if Seattle doesn't commit those penalties, we would of been in trouble. The game of football goes hand in hand. You simply want to point out all of the woes and put it on the shoulders of why, in your case, Ben is mediocre when it simply doesn't work that way.

He makes a case to disrgard stats and says I should look at the intangibles then he goes on in classic hypocrit fashion and mentions bad stats for the defense. HORRIBLE DEBATOR LOL.If I had of played? Lol. No I didnt play lol. Nor do I need to substantiate what I did on the internet lol. I thin you can tell who actually played and who didnt lol. Your mere STATEMENT that BEN CAME UP BIG in SB 40 eliminates all credibility WOW

You're reading too much in between the lines and not understanding that teams do certain things with different sets of Quarterbacks & personal. Of course when Brady goes down, you're not going to see the same circumstance of play calling that benefited more towards Brady and the talent around his ability.

Everything changes with a backup quarterback. Game plan, play calling, protections, personal, situation, etc. Matt Cassel didn't play a down since High School but came in and played exceptionally well givin' the circumstance and situational football. He isn't Tom Brady. Aaron Brooks isn't Drew Brees (how did he do in S.D by the way?) It's comparing apples and oranges to a coaching staff's mentality and different approaches must be made. I'm not taking anything away from Brees or Brady by no stretch of the means, but it's the system that is run and the ability of coaching becomes a big part of it as well in putting the team in the best position while building the rhythm and offensive system around a Manning/Brady/Brees run system. Take them out of the equation and things drastically change philosophy wise, which puts the whole team in survival mode but those QB's excel because they are put in position to do so. Ben is given more freedom that when a play breaks down, he does have that ability to extend things. Ask any defender and they'll probably tell you that Ben is one of the most difficult QB to play against because he simply gives our O that dynamic of escape ability. Brady and Manning is a product of their system and they do that quite well. Ben's a completley different passer in those circumstances and is probably more of a bitch to compete against.

Who cares about your opinion? I dont. I listed FACTS, my man. If you dont have facts to support your arguments then dont post to me. You are a biased individual. You make a case that Ben is better than Brady, Manning and Brees, you are INCORRECT. You even said "How did brees do in San diego" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WOW

Again, where did all of this "team stats" go? You can't put all 100% blame on Roethlisberger for the whole entire offense not producing "just two td's and only fg's." Every player plays a part. 11 men. More times than none, things breakdown and that forces Ben to seemingly use his athletic ability with his legs (I'd love to see Manning/Brady behind our line with guys coming free) and seemly make something our of nothing and eluding many pass rushers in doing so. So being up 20-7 is Ben and the offense's fault for the defense giving up 19 points in 8 minutes and getting beat on a Cover-2 base slant from Warner and Fitzgerald? If our defense "played up to snuff" then Ben and the offense doesn't have to go 80+ yards in 2 minutes to win a Super Bowl that was well in hand. And how many times did Ben and the offense work their ass's off and give the defense the lead in the final MINUTES of each game in 2009? Where's the credit in that? None?

I cant put 100% blame on him but you can give him 100% credit. HYPOCRITE. It sure doesnt stop you from blaming the defense 100%. Terrible debator. Notice, I posted stats. He posts PERSONAL OPINIONS. Who is interested in YOUR opinion? Not me.

Just proves that you're looking to put all blame into your argument of why Ben is mediocre when in reality football is a team game, and more times than none, Ben has given our team the best chance to win when it's time to play clutch football.

This is going to go back and forth to the end of time. I'm going to agree to disagree because nothing comes out of this, ever.:helmet:

I dont say Ben is mediore. I say he is good. Pay attention.

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Again, :blah:]

no. not again.

Funny the OP is ducking his head in the sand. LOL he is banned dumbass, and is in much better shape than you ducking your head up your rectum.

...Pay attention.

you might wanna take your own advice and pay attention. this anti-ben agenda you push on every board until you get banned is consuming you and shortening your MB lifespan.

StainlessStill
08-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I dont say Ben is mediore. I say he is good. Pay attention.

Obviously YOU are the dellusional one. I give Ben credit. I'll say it again. BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS GOOD. He's just not elite. Call my bluff DO THE RESEARCH and SEE if Ben doesnt get 3 or more chances than the opposition provided by the defense. I GUARANTEE you will see I have a valid argument. Dixon is the most recent proof of that. LOL

Hahahaha, your argument and this "do your research" bullsh!t needs to end. You're clearly loopy and dig into worthless stats that has nothing to do with anything is beyond laughable. I get your Ben hate. I'm just glad you're posting it so everyone out there can actually see your dipsh!t arguments." The defense gives Ben 3 extra chances.." GTFO with that stupid BS. Ben Roethlisberger had a major helping hand in winning games, PERIOD, end of story.

Our offense? In 08? Thats laughable! Ben had FIVE turnovers vs the Giants and we were still in the game. Same with the Eagles, Titans games. In fact Ben had 26 turnovers and we still won the SB. You elite Qb had 17 TDs and 15 ints lol Defense was #1 Funny you cant mention any GAMES that our offense led the way with multiple 80 yard drives. Merely saying it is not proof. Youre funny. A bad debator but funny

First off, what the hell is a debator? Second off, take the fantasy football dildo out of your butthole for ONE second and realize stats alone doesn't define a player of Ben's caliber on the field, they just don't. There's nothing I can say that will change your puny little brain that I like to call hate.

2008's comebacks:

Week 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens (W 23-20 OT): On Monday Night Football against a division rival, the Steelers trailed 13-3 at halftime. Roethlisberger threw a TD pass to Santonio Holmes in the third quarter to start a comeback. He completed two passes Mewelde Moore for 31 yards in overtime, setting up Jeff Reed for the winning 46-yard field goal.

Week 5 at Jacksonville Jaguars (W 26-21): On Sunday Night Football, completed 26 of 41 passes for 309 yards and three TDs. His 239 yards passing in the first half was a career high. After falling behind 21-20 in the fourth quarter, Roethlisberger directed the game-winning drive, passing for an eight-yard TD to Hines Ward to put the Steelers ahead to win the game. Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance. The performance also led him to be selected as the FedEx Air Player of the Week.

Week 11 vs. San Diego Chargers (W 11-10): Roethlisberger completed 31 of 41 passes for 308 yards and no interceptions. He led his third game-winning drive of the season (16th of his career) as Jeff Reed's 32-yard field goal connected with 0:11 left. It was the first 11-10 game in NFL history.

Week 14 vs. Dallas Cowboys (W 20-13): Steelers trailed 13-3 in the fourth quarter before tying the game on Roethlisberger's six-yard TD pass to Heath Miller. The Steelers won 20-13 after Deshea Townsend intercepted a Tony Romo pass for a TD. Roethlisberger passed for 204 yards and one TD. It was Roethlisberger's 49th victory as a starting QB, breaking the record for the most ever by a QB in their first five NFL seasons.

Week 15 at Baltimore Ravens (W 13-9): Steelers trailed 9-3 in the 4th quarter. After a FG to make it 9-6, the Steelers took over with 3:38 remaining. Roethlisberger led a 92-yard, game-winning TD drive, culminating in a four-yard TD pass to Santonio Holmes for the 13-9 victory. The TD was confirmed by instant replay from a booth review. It was Roethlisberger's 50th victory as a starter and fifth game-winning/tying drive in the fourth quarter/OT of the season, and it clinched the second straight AFC North title for the Steelers. Roethlisberger threw for 246 yards and rushed for 21 more in the game. He completed seven passes for 89 yards on the winning drive.

Super Bowl vs. Arizona Cardinals (W 27-23): Wanting to atone for his performance in Super Bowl XL, Roethlisberger led the Steelers to one of the more dramatic victories in Super Bowl history. On the first two offensive drives, Roethlisberger passed for 122 yards on seven of eight passing attempts, which is one yard shy of his total amount from his first Super Bowl start. The Steelers led 10-0 and went into halftime up 17-7. The lead grew to 20-7 before Arizona mounted a comeback. Trailing for the first time in the game, 23-20, with 2:30 remaining in the game, Roethlisberger took the field to start the winning drive. After a holding penalty on the first play, Roethlisberger marched the Steelers 88 yards in eight plays, hooking up with game MVP Santonio Holmes four times for 73 yards on the drive, including the six-yard TD pass that put the Steelers ahead with 0:35 remaining. Overall, Roethlisberger finished 21 of 30 for 256 yards, one TD, and one INT. He had a passer rating of 93.2.

I guess you can take all those facts and shove them straight up your ass.

Who cares about your opinion? I dont.

Clearly you do, junior.

You make a case that Ben is better than Brady, Manning and Brees, you are INCORRECT

Huh? There you go putting words in my mouth. Show me one time to where I said Ben was better than those 3 QB's. I simply broke down the differences of each player. Lay off the crackpipe, dude. The fact of the matter is , is that Ben is 68-28 as an NFL starter and is 8-2 in the playoffs with 2 Super Bowl victories with a resume' of 19 fourth quarter comebacks, 21 game-winning drives which translates into giving the Steelers their best shot of winning a championship.

I cant put 100% blame on him but you can give him 100% credit. HYPOCRITE. It sure doesnt stop you from blaming the defense 100%.

Hypocrite, what? I'm not blaming anybody, dude. That's not the intent of my posts. You are the one who clearly wants to point the finger and blame Ben for all of his entire faults and never give credit when credit is certainly past due. You say I'm biased when it's you who is seriously close minded if you don't understand the dynamic Ben gives our football team. AGAIN, you can pull out all of your weird stats of "proving" (you don't prove jack shit) while failing to actually watch Ben work as the certain criteria he gives our team. If you can't see that then there's nothing else to say other than you clearly need to wipe the white stains off of your chin that is fantasy football stats VERSUS what is actually being done on the field.

Blows my mind that after DECADES upon DECADES of having piss-poor QB play throughout the years, that we finally land a franchise QB and there's STILL fans out there that just doesn't appreciate what Ben gives us at quarterback, even with the countless upon countless background and facts that prove he is one of the elite in the league. Elite isn't about stats. Elite is about giving an opponent fits and keeping defensive coordinators nightmares and giving them countless number of sleepless nights on figuring out a way to stop you and only you knowing at the end of the day it probably STILL won't be enough. That's elite. Judging by what I've seen over the years, Ben is CERTAINLY elite and I could care less of what any hater wants to say about it.

I've said it time and time again. As good as Manning/Brady/Brees is, give me Roethlisberger's tough as nails, doesn't look pretty but gets it done, Pittsburgh style of play at the quarterback position anyday of the week

Terrible debator. Notice, I posted stats. Who is interested in YOUR opinion? Not me.

Once again, what's a debator? And yes, you clearly do you dope. Say hello to the ignore list.

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 10:51 PM
no. not again.

he is banned dumbass, and is in much better shape than you ducking your head up your rectum.

you might wanna take your own advice and pay attention. this anti-ben agenda you push on every board until you get banned is consuming you and shortening your MB lifespan.

Sorry I wont bite and that just makes you mad lol

Downbylaw
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
no. not again.

he is banned dumbass, and is in much better shape than you ducking your head up your rectum.

Here is your chance to refute what I say about Ben. Its not anti-Ben. You may want it to be but its not. Every player and person has faults. You just seem to think that Ben does not. I think he does. Let me get this right, you get on me for my posts on Ben (you call them anti ben) but you dont get on the guys that are pro ben and post the same amount of posts to refute me. Interesting. So the law of the land is- You can post positive things about Ben but not negative. Negative comments are ok for Arians, Tomlin, Flozell, Hartings but Ben is off limits. Gotcha

tony hipchest
08-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Here is your chance to refute what I say about Ben. Its not anti-Ben. You may want it to be but its not.

other than bashing ben, i dont know what you say and dont care. you are a troll.

i havent read any more than 2 sentences in any post you have ever posted. :noidea:

you are simply trash that needs to be taken out and a turd that needs flushed.

remember that LSU alum guy last year who said that mewelde moore was the best rb since jerome/franco in every single post?

you are that guy. :yawn:

nothing more than a re-run, re-tread, retar....

(everyone else but you gets the picture) :popcorn:

:wave:

MattsMe
08-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Downbylaw, you ruin every thread you post in.

It's not what you say, it's where. Can you talk football without bringing this shit up every time?

You're no different than a spammer at this point.

MasterOfPuppets
08-31-2010, 02:15 AM
i honestly don't think this clown is even a steeler fan. if he was, he'd remember the 25 year drought and 25 years of sucky qb's before Ben, and would appreciate having him on the team.

SteelKnight
08-31-2010, 03:10 AM
i honestly don't think this clown is even a steeler fan. if he was, he'd remember the 25 year drought and 25 years of sucky qb's before Ben, and would appreciate having him on the team.

You might be right. I posted a list of Steelers starters before Ben and he didn't get it.

Downbylaw
08-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Its funny this "Non Steeler fan" has more knowledge about the Steelers than all of you. Any of you want to test that statement. Say the word. lol

Downbylaw
08-31-2010, 04:13 AM

Oh I'm sorry I have a differing opinion that you. You have a different one than me and I'm not upset. Why are you? Makes no sense

StainlessStill
08-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Its funny this "Non Steeler fan" has more knowledge about the Steelers than all of you. Any of you want to test that statement. Say the word. lol

Don't sit there and act like you are a walking Steelers encyclopedia. What? You cut and paste from nfl.com?. You're one of those guys that simply looks at stats and determines everything and everything else off of that alone while not understanding how the game really works. You ****in' cut and paste dude, hardly impressive, plus you're a troll and your stats are beyond laughable for your silly arguments.

stb_steeler
08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
:tombstone <------- to this thread

SteelCityMom
08-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, this thread has run it's coarse. There's enough Ben and Dixon threads already..time to let this one die.

And please, disagreements are fine, but let's all quit attacking each other.