PDA

View Full Version : Head of NFL Officiating Puts the Penalties to Rest

hinesfield
02-17-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3880

on nfl network, every "biased" call is examined and put to rest, the clearest explanation better than anyone of us outside of the NFL can come up with, pretty accurate stuff

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 04:38 PM
thanks for the post. this has got to burn up alot of the haters to realize they were wrong and the steelers flat out beat the seahawks.

hinesfield
02-17-2006, 04:47 PM
i'll give them the hasselback chop i thought that was a little kick-em-while-theyre-down call but those others were pretty accurate that just pulled them at wrong times to kill momentum but it was too late for them by then

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I have not listened to it yet, but do they bother bringing up the calls that went against us? Or do we continue to ignore those and only focus on Seattle?

hinesfield
02-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I have not listened to it yet, but do they bother bringing up the calls that went against us? Or do we continue to ignore those and only focus on Seattle?

nope, just all of seattles mistakes

tony hipchest
02-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I have not listened to it yet, but do they bother bringing up the calls that went against us? Or do we continue to ignore those and only focus on Seattle? no. they only address the 5 big plays that had all seattle fans, steeler haters, 20 million houswives watching thier 1st game of the year, and john madden in an uproar:rolleyes:

Steelillini
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
thanks for the link. Very nice to hear the explanations. So 1 out of 5 were wrong with no mention of the calls that were not called for the benefit of us. Not that I lost sleep but it makes me feel a lot better

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2006, 06:29 PM
no. they only address the 5 big plays that had all seattle fans, steeler haters, 20 million houswives watching thier 1st game of the year, and john madden in an uproar:rolleyes:

Kind of figured. Thanks.

TapOut64
02-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the link, I dont' get NFL network so it's much appreciated.

klick81
02-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Very nice. 4/5 is not bad. I agree that the tackle penalty should not have been called, but that didn't affect the outcome of the game. I hope all these little seababies stop crying. Thanks for the link man!

Brady12
02-17-2006, 08:59 PM
i cant rememebr but i think the only call Mike said was wrong was th eHasselbeck one.

klick81
02-17-2006, 09:13 PM
i cant rememebr but i think the only call Mike said was wrong was th eHasselbeck one.

Holmgren???

pitt
02-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the link.

CASTEEL
02-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Holmgren???

I think he's refering to Parrera. At least, I hope he's refering to Parrera.... :grin:

Thanks for the link! I had been watching Inside the NFL every Wednesday this season, and forgot to tune in for this one...

.... I have to actually get back to some kinda life with my family now that the season is over, at least untill the draft! :grin:

hinesfield
02-18-2006, 03:07 AM
yea no problem guys, my philly friends here wont stop telling me the game was fixed until i showed them that vid, nonetheless we respect eachothers teams and i'm rooting still for the legendary PA superbowl

FisherMOM
02-18-2006, 07:34 AM
I too watched this when it was on and was grateful to see it.
It's too bad that they had to CREATE an episode such as that..
but like you said, I think it put things in perspective for the complainers!

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 07:59 AM
i PUT IT TO REST!

Nothing changes we win!

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Uh oh...LITP might have to come in here and scold us all for talking about the Super bowl officiating!

Need4spd
02-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you very much for the link. Unfortunately I don't get NFL Network, so it was nice to get to watch that. It's good to see the head of NFL officials address this issue head on and take a firm stance on this matter. I thought his analysis of those 5 calls was spot on as well. It was fair and exact in my opinion and I agree 100% with his breakdown.

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 09:11 PM
I will be taking this in to work. Maybe it will shut up a couple of the Browns fans that won't give up the ref crap.

StillerPaul
02-18-2006, 10:32 PM
thanks for the post. this has got to burn up alot of the haters to realize they were wrong and the steelers flat out beat the seahawks.

Nope, the crybabies are still calling them bad calls. Funny thing though, none of em' wanna talk about the offensive PI call Heath got on a freakin' screen pass or the fumble by Stephens that was ruled incomplete. They can't seem to accept the fact that refs aren't perfect and that the Steelers ARE the World Champs. :)

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 11:08 PM
I won't get into it, but Seahawks got a lot of breaks on no-calls and of course the already mentioned Heath Miller interference call that I think the head of referees wanted to talk about but Rich Eisen refused to look at any other play that didn't make the Seahawks look like they got a raw deal.

I still don't see how Ben getting crushed from behind on his INT is not a penalty and they start at about the 40 yard line instead of inside the 20.