PDA

View Full Version : Antwann becoming a free agent?

steelers07
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Do you guys think that Antwann will leave the Steelers since he a free agent now? If so, what would be possible draft picks for us to replace him?

#1SteelersFan
02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I Would Suggest BILL COWHER Gets Him Back For Next Year His A Great Player But He Hasn't Had His Special SEASON.... Hope To See Him Next Year....

Koopa
02-17-2006, 06:58 PM
i'm pretty sure he's gone, but it won't hurt, he didn't really do anything special, and to me he is very overrated when it comes to returning punts, he breaks long ones every now and then but not often it usually dance a little and then get tackled. i wouldn't mind him being back cause he knows the system but if he leaves oh well

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-17-2006, 07:01 PM
everyone hated ARE after the Patriots game......I however, did not, I think ARE is a great football player, a great play maker, but a WR? It wont hurt us to lose him....We need a DEEP threat, and i hope we can take care of that in the draft.
As long as we keep C Hope, we really dont need much help on D..
We have to draft a running back and a WR........

ohio's #1 steelers chick
02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
well i liked what ARE brought to the table being an all around guy and all and i would like to see him stay, but if we lose him he's easy to replace. i mean we've got cedric wilson who could play wr and possibly even draft one. on gadget plays you've got multiple former QB's in hines ward, cedric wilson and even in heath miller (they all played QB in college). and it won't be hard to find someone to pick up the slack on special teams. you move some people here and there all the time. you've got ward who started on special teams and ike taylor and your draft pick. i mean he's a good player, but he's not irreplacable.

Man_Of_Steel
02-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Everybody acts like the Steelers can't go on without him, like Burress. Give it up. He's not that great. He can be replaced pretty easily.

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Do you guys think that Antwann will leave the Steelers since he a free agent now? If so, what would be possible draft picks for us to replace him?
Dont we have two or three threads just like this??

I would say for the money he may demand, See ya, and many thanks!

neohiobill
02-18-2006, 06:30 AM
bear in mind this team is built almost entirely from the draft,, count how many key players have been attained via FA and how many in the draft. irregardless who stays and who goes the steelers have shown the ability to plug holes via the draft and still maintain a competitive edge. if there is any concern of mine it would be with hartings salary and the center position,, i'm not sure if chukkey okobi is the long term answer to the center position,, go steelers,,

pitt
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I know alot of people like him, but I'm not one of them. He did do some great looking plays once in awhile. He was also just as likely to to make a dumb mistake. I wish him luck somewhere else.

Man_Of_Steel
02-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I know alot of people like him, but I'm not one of them. He did do some great looking plays once in awhile. He was also just as likely to to make a dumb mistake. I wish him luck somewhere else.

I absolutely love the old school pictures in your signature! Man, Woodson was a playmaker.

Mosca
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Shoot man, the Steelers success hasn't been based on keeping guys, it's been based on cycling guys at the right time.

ARE has been fun to watch, has had a great attitude. He played, and the Steelers paid him. No one owes anyone anything, he owes no one anything. More power to him, he's created a perception of value for himself that is waaaay beyond his talent, and he has an OBLIGATION to himself and his family to cash it in. I'll always be a fan of ARE as a player. Mistakes or not, he's a great guy to have on a team. But the guy's gotta do what the guy's gotta do. Lots of guys can step in and take that job over.

Tom

Franco Harris 32
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would really like to keep him. I think the Steelers should make him a really good offer. I completely understand we can't pay him what the Bears or Skins or whoever but we gotta try.

I'm looking at the Super Bowl for reasons why:
1. He caught the first 1st down of the game on play in which the defender was all over him.
2. If you watch Playbook on the NFL Network, on Herndons INT Return, ARE came from the other side of the field to run that dude down. An amazing play very similar to the play Ben Watson made on Champ Bailey except ARE was running so fast he almost passed him. In contrast, on Hasselbecks INT, you clearly see Joey Jurivicious and D Jackson just stand there and watch Ike run down the field.
3. He threw the best goddamn pass in the Super Bowl. He was beggin for that play to be called. He wanted the ball in the 4th qtr of tight game in the Super Bowl.

I think he's comin into his own as a WR. He's already a great punt returner. Guys like this dont just grow on trees, they get drafted by the Steelers.

pitt
02-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I absolutely love the old school pictures in your signature! Man, Woodson was a playmaker.

Woodson was one of the best. BB2W made the signature. I love it!

70c10
02-24-2006, 11:35 AM
ARE is multi-talented and there are alot of teams that will want to sign him.