PDA

View Full Version : Post Game PS1 Winners and Losers

SteelKnight
08-15-2010, 02:47 PM
OK...5 of each.

Winners: (Stock on the rise)

1. Dennis Dixon -he had a great game. Even though we didn't see him make some of the medium to deep throws we would have liked to see him make, he avoided turnovers or really risky throws. Much will be made of the fact that it was against back up players but Dixon also did not have the top line or a Heath Miller, Hines Ward or Mike Wallace.

2. Isaac Redmen -Great game. He solidified himself as the #2 rusher behind Mendy. Better than just being a short yardage guy, he has shown he can do it all (including catching short passes and screens).

3. Antonio Brown -With his good play he will make the team for sure and has caused confusion as to where he is on the depth chart.

4. Maukice Pouncey - Playing center and calling correct calls according to his team was a plus and leaves options open for him regarding the starting line up. The line played terribly but Pouncey seemed to be decent.

5. Keyaron Fox -He played well and appeared to be aggressively in the mix on most plays.

LOSERS (Stock went down)

1. Byron Leftwich -Although he wasn't terrible, he was slow. The problem is the Steelers need closers. Field goals are not going to cut it. He still needs to get his timing down with Wallace. The O-Line play was terrible for him though.

2. Flozelle Adams -his play was not good but hopefully he can make the adjustment because the Steelers have no options behind him.

3. Emmanuel Sanders - He didn't do anything bad but with all the buzz pregame and all the nothingness during the game, that's enough to be bad. Add to that the fact that Antonio Brown had a great game and Battle made a nice play and it's even worse. Before he was looking to battle ARE for #3. Now he might be looking at spot #6. He can turn it around but will need more.

4. Jonathan Dwyer Can we say practice squad? Even though he had some back ups blocking for him he was also going against back ups. In addition Redmans play has moved him off the roster. There is a chance he can beat Dawayne Wright for the fullback spot but I doubt it.

5. Frank Summers - just not enough. It's time for him to try elsewhere. I wouldn't even give him a PS spot.

SteelKnight
08-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Feel free to add any players you noticed to be winners or losers.

PhantomJB93
08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I wouldnt say Sanders was a loser, he certainly wasnt a winner but I noticed numerous times where he was open for an easy pass and Dixon chose to run the ball himself rather than risk passing it...he caught the ball for a nice 3rd down conversion the only time he was even targeted.

supa_fly_steeler
08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Your an idiot, Sanders was open a lot of the time, but Dixon decided to run, Im fine with that, but look at Sanders the next time asswipe. (NOT DIXON YOU, YES YOU)

And Sanders would of got a lot more catches if not for the weather.

your the loser here.

and...

... THERES A BOUT FIVE FUGING THREADS ALREADY ON RATING PLAYERS YOU ASSWIPE... HOW ABOUT USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR TAKE YOUR STUPID FINGERS AND SLEEZY EYES AND LOOK PROPERLY THROUGHOUT THE FORUM

FearTroy43
08-15-2010, 11:25 PM
niceeee!

SteelKnight
08-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Your an idiot, Sanders was open a lot of the time, but Dixon decided to run, Im fine with that, but look at Sanders the next time asswipe. (NOT DIXON YOU, YES YOU)

And Sanders would of got a lot more catches if not for the weather.

your the loser here.

and...

... THERES A BOUT FIVE FUGING THREADS ALREADY ON RATING PLAYERS YOU ASSWIPE... HOW ABOUT USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR TAKE YOUR STUPID FINGERS AND SLEEZY EYES AND LOOK PROPERLY THROUGHOUT THE FORUM

Uneducated fool. It's "you're". I won't waste my time with you. lol I already see you are disliked and desperate for attention. But you are stupid too...lol Shame.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I wouldnt say Sanders was a loser, he certainly wasnt a winner but I noticed numerous times where he was open for an easy pass and Dixon chose to run the ball himself rather than risk passing it...he caught the ball for a nice 3rd down conversion the only time he was even targeted.

I know there was at least one time but I would have to say his stock went down a little because of the play of Brown and the catch by Battle. Let's put it this way, if he did that 3 more times he'd be taking a hit.

I like the guy and ultimately I think he'll fall in fourth behind ARE (just out of respect) but he better look out for Brown and Battle or step up (or nag Dixon to throw it).

BlockMonsta
08-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Supa, just quit with your tough guy act..You are on the internet. Get over yourself already.

BlockMonsta
08-16-2010, 02:35 AM
The way you act on the fourm is where I get the idea you are trying to prove that your some tough guy. Your the kind of person that talks that talk but cant walk the walk..ya know?

BlockMonsta
08-16-2010, 02:40 AM
You dont, your just annoying with the name calling. People dont normally feel the need to talk shit on an internet forum. You are an exception.

Goat27
08-16-2010, 03:26 AM
It's hard to say what new players did good in the 1st PS game because plays are limited. I'm sure Emmanuel will have his shot next week. But for the vets, how bout Larry " slip down " Foote, got shook out his shoes. I really don't know why he was brought back, because when he was here imo, his game was garbage. Key Fox is way better, as a back-up, sp player also.

BlockMonsta
08-16-2010, 03:49 AM
I trash talk and insult because I don't really like other Steeler fans, and I dont like Americans who are Steeler fans, theres a dozen exceptions but for the most part. I don't like 9 of 10 people who register here. That's the way it goes.

Are you kidding me where are you from? You hate other Steelers fans? You hate Americans. Haha

whatdoiknow
08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Are you kidding me where are you from? You hate other Steelers fans? You hate Americans. Haha

Even though I CAN be argumentative at times, and a hard head :banging:..and can spew for a long time :blah::blah::blah:...I don't HATE any of my steeler brothers & sisters...NONE!

I guess I ONLY Hate...Child Molestors,,,and say...Republicans :thumbsup:

vasteeler
08-16-2010, 11:04 AM
now you see why that stupid **** has been banned at least 2 - 3 times. Pete, what are you waiting for ban this ass clown

WeegiesWarriors
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I thought Sanders did fine. There was a third and medium where the Lions brought the house. Sanders recognized it and broke his route as he was the hot route. Dixon also recognized it, got it off, and Sanders made the catch and took a nice hit in the process and jumped right back up. First and ten... move the chains.

Ultimately he's going to have to learn to block like a Pittsburgh wide receiver, but I didn't focus on that.

SteeleReign
08-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Even though I CAN be argumentative at times, and a hard head :banging:..and can spew for a long time :blah::blah::blah:...I don't HATE any of my steeler brothers & sisters...NONE!

Cool....I'm a Republican, so put me on your "hate list.":flap:

kirklandrules
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM

I wondered with your screen name ... now you confirm it ... but I would never have guessed .... Nancy Pelosi is a Steelers fan who posts on this site??? Oh well, welcome, Nancy, to the site! :toofunny:

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
It's hard to say what new players did good in the 1st PS game because plays are limited. I'm sure Emmanuel will have his shot next week. But for the vets, how bout Larry " slip down " Foote, got shook out his shoes. I really don't know why he was brought back, because when he was here imo, his game was garbage. Key Fox is way better, as a back-up, sp player also.

I was impressed with Fox. I wonder if he really has a chance to win a spot (Farriors)...probably not. I bet Foote has a shot but not Fox.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I thought Sanders did fine. There was a third and medium where the Lions brought the house. Sanders recognized it and broke his route as he was the hot route. Dixon also recognized it, got it off, and Sanders made the catch and took a nice hit in the process and jumped right back up. First and ten... move the chains.

Ultimately he's going to have to learn to block like a Pittsburgh wide receiver, but I didn't focus on that.

Part of the reason I said Sanders was a loser was because there was so much buzz about him before the game. It was almost as if he needed a 30+ yard catch, several good catches or a TD to keep up the buzz. Meanwhile the players competing with him (Brown and Battle) had a good game.

I hope he'll be pumped for the next game and show something. If we are doing it on play, we have to think where to put him on the depth chart. That's what hurt his stock. Instead of calling him a loser, I should have said his stock went down a bit.

kirklandrules
08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Part of the reason I said Sanders was a loser was because there was so much buzz about him before the game. It was almost as if he needed a 30+ yard catch, several good catches or a TD to keep up the buzz. Meanwhile the players competing with him (Brown and Battle) had a good game.

I hope he'll be pumped for the next game and show something. If we are doing it on play, we have to think where to put him on the depth chart. That's what hurt his stock. Instead of calling him a loser, I should have said his stock went down a bit.

I'd say he's a loser if he drops a catch, runs the wrong routes or bails on a catch over the middle. He seemed to make the most of the opportunities that went his way. Remember, last year everyone was shocked that Redman didn't make the 53 (how many TDs did he have in last year's preseason?)... but we didn't see what the coaches saw ... he was out of shape and lazy last year. I think the coaches know what they have in Sanders and I don't think he needs 50+ yard catches in the preseason to prove it. I look at the long play Brown had and think that has more to do with the 3rd string Lions defense than anything else.

And for the record, I'd take Sanders over ARE all day. Not a hater of ARE, but personally feel he's average at best. Remember, WR is not his natural position .. he's a converted college QB. Sanders has WR talent ARE will never see.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I got excited reading exactly what Redman did...51 yard run, TD, 3 other short yardage conversions, screen passes plus he's been blocking like a champ in practice. He's the only one who did will in LB vs backers.

Can you imagine Ben throwing to Brown? I knew he had a good game but I didn't realize he caught everything his way.

If they cut the preseason games down to 2, teams will have to schedule informal scrimmages like the Cowboys and Broncos did last year. You really need to see your team play against someone. Playing against your own D gets old.

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd say he's a loser if he drops a catch, runs the wrong routes or bails on a catch over the middle. He seemed to make the most of the opportunities that went his way. Remember, last year everyone was shocked that Redman didn't make the 53 (how many TDs did he have in last year's preseason?)... but we didn't see what the coaches saw ... he was out of shape and lazy last year. I think the coaches know what they have in Sanders and I don't think he needs 50+ yard catches in the preseason to prove it. I look at the long play Brown had and think that has more to do with the 3rd string Lions defense than anything else.

And for the record, I'd take Sanders over ARE all day. Not a hater of ARE, but personally feel he's average at best. Remember, WR is not his natural position .. he's a converted college QB. Sanders has WR talent ARE will never see.

Yeah. I hope Sanders or Brown beats ARE for the slot.

About the stock dropping on Sanders...Let's put it this way...he can't have 3 more games like that. I'm not saying it was his fault but people want to see things on the field in the games. I know there was that one play where the announcer said Sanders was open when Dixon ran but now people are taking license to pretend they were there or had access to another camera and saw Sanders open several times but Dixon not getting him the ball. How do we know he was running the correct routes? How doe we know he was getting separation? It's all a guess but when the QB doesn't throw to him, it gives the impression he wasn't open (except that one time). Maybe he needs to go yell at Dixon. lol

About the Brown run...yeah...you are probably right. I would have been more impressed with a C is good...but it depends on who is there.

steeltheone
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Dwyer was the steal of the draft....I questioned this from day one.

Redman is a workhorse.

Fox should see the field alot. I thought he looked good all last year!

SteelKnight
08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Dwyer was the steal of the draft....I questioned this from day one.

Redman is a workhorse.

Fox should see the field alot. I thought he looked good all last year!

On Dwyer, ...there is nothing wrong with PS so long as he clears wavers...that's te question. In the NFL, the PS players are right in the same practice as the other players so he can still learn.

I now worry about Wavers. I'm anxious to see what Wright has to offer.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-16-2010, 11:24 PM
I trash talk and insult because I don't really like other Steeler fans, and I dont like Americans who are Steeler fans, theres a dozen exceptions but for the most part. I don't like 9 of 10 people who register here. That's the way it goes.

So one has to ask the next logical question: What the fxxk are you doing here then?

You do realize that people come on message boards to chat and talk, yes? If you don't want to talk to anybody, that kinda eliminates any reason for you to be here, right (or at least any reason for you to speak)?

Do us all a favor-- next time you want to hit the "Post" button--- DON'T.

Wallace108
08-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Good winners and loser list, SteelKnight. Don't see anything to disagree with (other than maybe Sanders as others have said).

1. Byron Leftwich -Although he wasn't terrible, he was slow. The problem is the Steelers need closers. Field goals are not going to cut it. He still needs to get his timing down with Wallace. The O-Line play was terrible for him though.

Absolutely. I could be wrong, but going back to last season, I can't remember Wallace catching a long ball in stride. He always has to slow down and wait for it. :doh: