PDA

View Full Version : the idiot known as rome

schoondog
02-18-2006, 01:36 AM
was flipping thru the channels and for some reason i stopped and watched a bit of his show. anyway they had an ex mofia guy on there who engaged in alot of betting and paying off officials. anyway rome asked if he thinks any superbowl games had been fixed, the guy goes he doubts it because of the high profile of the game but goes on to say the one game he thougt was fixed was when the qb was throwing the ball to no one but the competition. first name that came to mind was o'donnell

Koopa
02-18-2006, 01:46 AM
and this makes rome an idiot why??????? look, not everyone is gonna be a steelers fan, i still don't get why a lot of ya'll get upset when these ppl on tv talk bad about the steelers, yeah i gets annoying but ya'll can all do what i do and change the channel and that will end all the threads complaining about the media not liking the steelers

schoondog
02-18-2006, 02:06 AM
and this makes rome an idiot why??????? look, not everyone is gonna be a steelers fan, i still don't get why a lot of ya'll get upset when these ppl on tv talk bad about the steelers, yeah i gets annoying but ya'll can all do what i do and change the channel and that will end all the threads complaining about the media not liking the steelers

wheter or not rome is a fan of the steelers or not is not why i think he is an idiot. I've thought of him as an idiot for years.

clevestinks
02-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Odonnell was Irish Mafioso though! LOL

neohiobill
02-18-2006, 06:41 AM
i would have to agree,, i don't see the relavance of evan caring what the media says. now i think if its a local reporter say from the gazete bashing them i might take knote of it,, other wise who cares. i think the only time i got ticked was leading up to the colts game this past season in the playoffs. you were so overwhelmed with the bias that it became almost suffocating,, however we took that and fed off of it and the rest is history. if the media is pro steeler or not has no bearing on my attitude towards my team... superbowl champs baby and if their not a fan,, they wish they were,,, go steelers,,

Suitanim
02-18-2006, 08:11 AM
I listen to Rome all the time, and I think he's funny, insightful, and, above all, says it like it is, even when it's unpopular.

But he's asked lots of people about "the fix" because it's a hot topic, and everyone has different answers. Rome's take from day one has been (and I'm paraphrasing a bit).

"Do I think the Super Bowl was fixed? No. Do I think that the possibilty exists that it could happen someday? Sure."

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Our local radio used to cover Rome and I hated him. Was happy they went to a new format.....until.....I found out Dan Patrick was gonna replace him. He is absolutely a horrible radio guy. Then he brings on Keith Oberman.....a political guy who can't stay on the radio for 5 minutes before he somehow equates olympic figure skating to the war in Iraq.

Da Bears
02-18-2006, 11:17 AM
was flipping thru the channels and for some reason i stopped and watched a bit of his show. anyway they had an ex mofia guy on there who engaged in alot of betting and paying off officials. anyway rome asked if he thinks any superbowl games had been fixed, the guy goes he doubts it because of the high profile of the game but goes on to say the one game he thougt was fixed was when the qb was throwing the ball to no one but the competition. first name that came to mind was o'donnell

Re: the idiot known as rome by Schoondog!

That`s like the pot calling the kettle black! LOL!

tony hipchest
02-18-2006, 11:22 AM
is it me or does everybody hate

jim rome
skip bayless
john madden
dan patrick
joe theismann
boomer esiason
phil simms
john madden
troy aikman
michael irvin
stuart scott
tommy jackson
chris berman
shannon sharpe
chris carter
chris collinsworth
dan marino
ron jawarski
etc.
etc.
etc.

it seems like the only one of these talking heads anyone can stand is hoge. i wonder why?
these people all have a job to do. one i happen to enjoy watching. if i had so much hatred for these people i think i would have to give up following football all together.

BigSteelThrill
02-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I like Rome.

His delivery is unique and irritates some people. Understandable. Even me at times.

Still I would rather listen to him then almost anyone on radio.

SteelerDan43
02-18-2006, 12:37 PM
shine and riggins on NFL Radio are my favs

schoondog
02-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Re: the idiot known as rome by Schoondog!

That`s like the pot calling the kettle black! LOL!

go back in your hole you ****ing bears fan. What was the score of the bears/panthers game? i forgot.

SteelerMurf
02-18-2006, 08:29 PM
is it me or does everybody hate

jim rome
skip bayless
john madden
dan patrick
joe theismann
boomer esiason
phil simms
john madden
troy aikman
michael irvin
stuart scott
tommy jackson
chris berman
shannon sharpe
chris carter
chris collinsworth
dan marino
ron jawarski
etc.
etc.
etc.

it seems like the only one of these talking heads anyone can stand is hoge. i wonder why?
these people all have a job to do. one i happen to enjoy watching. if i had so much hatred for these people i think i would have to give up following football all together.

You forgot Colin Cowherd, or however you spell his name. I think he is a former Seahawks cheerleader or ball boy.

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
jim rome - Like him personally. At times obnoxious.
skip bayless - Complete moron with zero credibility.
john madden - I can deal with him, just not in large doses.
dan patrick - Like him.
joe theismann - Hot air.
boomer esiason - He's named Boomer. What else is there to say?
phil simms - Not bad. Not good.
john madden - Already commented.
troy aikman - Not bad. Like him for the most part.
michael irvin - Obnoxious crack head that should not have a job on ESPN.
stuart scott - Like him.
tommy jackson - Like him.
chris berman - Tends to go a little overboard at times. Can be annoying.
shannon sharpe - Finish a complete sentence in the English language first.
chris carter - Born again nut. Have a hard time listening to him personally.
chris collinsworth - Horrible. Third to Bayless and Irvin.
dan marino - So/so.
ron jawarski - Hot air.

To add on......

Mike&Mike - I enjoy.
PTI - I like.
Around the Horn - Don't like.

A few local sports heads....

Paul Alexander - Horrible (guy already lost his job on radio)
John Fedko - Trying to figure out how he holds a job in this city.
Stan Savern - I like.
Bob Pompeani - Homer.
Ron Cook - So/so.
Bob Smizik - If you can take looking at him, he's also so/so.
Mark Madden - Hot air. When he talks hockey, he's good. Any other sport. Not thanks.

Da Bears
02-18-2006, 10:36 PM
go back in your hole you ****ing bears fan. What was the score of the bears/panthers game? i forgot.
At least the Panthers won it honestly and deserve the win. (LOL) :blah: :blah: :blah: !

TasmanianTroy271
02-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I personally like Chris Berman. He can't be held against these people, because his job isn't to analyze, he's more of the host. Plus, I think some of the nicknames he gives, while stupid, are funny...

SalukiSteelers
02-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Rome is a lot of things -- a superior sumbitch comes to mind -- but he's definitely not an idiot. He rubs some people the wrong way but his radio show is hillarious. Rome was not anti-Steeler leading up to the SB or after the game. Michael Franzsese(?) can think what he wants about whether O'Donnell threw the game -- IMO he didn't...he just pissed down both legs. One thing about Franzsese, though, is that the guy speaks from experience. He's been a mob guy who worked a bookmaking operation and who orchestrated fixes on games so I can see why O'Donnell's horrible passes looked fishy. War the Jungle on free radio...unless I move somewhere where it's not offered.

Petesburgh66
02-19-2006, 05:54 PM
At least the Panthers won it honestly and deserve the win. (LOL) :blah: :blah: :blah: !

Much like how the Steelers kicked the crap out of the Bears earlier in the season. :dang:

schoondog
02-20-2006, 12:41 AM

this is coming from a guy who thinks the 84 bears was the best team ever, hmmm i thought it was the 85 bears who won the superbowl?

Rotorhead
02-20-2006, 01:08 AM
What was the score of the Steelers/Bears game?? Yeah I thought so!